Weekend Footy 29th Sept-1st Oct

bad gambler

Pretty much a regular
Grand finals in both NRL Rugby League and AFL. Also playoffs in Superleague and ANZ Rugby Union to keep me entertained.

:beer:

what do you think about the waylaying of the NRL trophy for the intended Melbourne photoshoot.

My omen orientated mind see's portents in that, as in

Its a sign the trophy isnt meant to be in Victoria this season

LOL

lol BC

Going to pass on tonight's ANZ Cup game, but like the early one tomorrow..

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Hawkes Bay to beat Counties Manakau - (+115) (3.5 units)

good luck

The big show is finally here, the AFL Grand Final

Sydney Swans to cover +6.5 v West Coast Eagles - (-110) (3 units)

This is the biggest rivalry in the AFL at the moment, if their pas history is anything to go by i will be decided by a kick either way. I expect the Swans to get the S/U win today given their discipline and work ethic, but will happily take the points.

good luck :cheers:

bad gambler said:
lol BC

Going to pass on tonight's ANZ Cup game, but like the early one tomorrow..

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Hawkes Bay to beat Counties Manakau - (+115) (3.5 units)

good luck

Adding an extra 0.5 to make this a 4 unit play :cheers:

This one is a litle risky to play, but such a marquee matchup I couldn't help myself..

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Canterbury to beat Auckland - (+105) (3 units)

The problem with Canterbury over the past few games is that they had actually been dominating teams such as Lions and then Nth Harbour but it was basic errors close to the try line that cost them, essentially they couldn't find a away to bury their opposition. The return of Carter will give them more composure in the backline and should be the difference even against a red hot Auckland team. I feel obliged to hit them tonight, I can't remember the last time they were home dogs at Jade.

good luck :shake:

bad gambler said:
The big show is finally here, the AFL Grand Final

Sydney Swans to cover +6.5 v West Coast Eagles - (-110) (3 units)

This is the biggest rivalry in the AFL at the moment, if their pas history is anything to go by i will be decided by a kick either way. I expect the Swans to get the S/U win today given their discipline and work ethic, but will happily take the points.

good luck :cheers:

What a fucking awesome grand final, decided by the solitary point

Win money;

bad gambler said:
This one is a litle risky to play, but such a marquee matchup I couldn't help myself..

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Canterbury to beat Auckland - (+105) (3 units)

The problem with Canterbury over the past few games is that they had actually been dominating teams such as Lions and then Nth Harbour but it was basic errors close to the try line that cost them, essentially they couldn't find a away to bury their opposition. The return of Carter will give them more composure in the backline and should be the difference even against a red hot Auckland team. I feel obliged to hit them tonight, I can't remember the last time they were home dogs at Jade.

woof woof money;

Superleague

Warrington Wolves to cover +10.5 v Bradford Bulls - (-110) (3 units)

Crazy to think I am fading a team who just clocked up 50 points last week in the playoffs, but I feel Warrington are beginning to click in aack marshalled around the field by IMO the best halves combination in the Superleague led by Lee Briers. They beat the Rhinos away last week on the back of his performance, and fact that the Bulls have been inconsistent all season I feel this could go either way. Got to take the points.

bad gambler said:
Superleague

Warrington Wolves to cover +10.5 v Bradford Bulls - (-110) (3 units)

Crazy to think I am fading a team who just clocked up 50 points last week in the playoffs, but I feel Warrington are beginning to click in aack marshalled around the field by IMO the best halves combination in the Superleague led by Lee Briers. They beat the Rhinos away last week on the back of his performance, and fact that the Bulls have been inconsistent all season I feel this could go either way. Got to take the points.

Cocusucking ref doesn't go the video on the last Bulls try, which wasn't one and awards it. :spank:

Bet Lost

everything points to a letdown for Harbour here.

As obscure as it is, Im betting Waikato to lead at halftime by 8-14, as long as it doesnt occur in the previous game (a stat based bet).

Northland led by 8-14, so that saved me money re: Waikato.

Bet on Brisbane half/full double (been sometime since a Dog led at halftime in a grandfinal, so there'll be room to hedge if they do), and penalty goal first scoring play.

This is the 1st finals series in my records that hasnt had 1 playoff game yet start with a penalty goal.

GL BG

When I read an article during the week that Melbourne were getting 5 of every 6 bets made, I thought to myself, watch the reffing closely. My stated belief the NRL is dodgy is long on record.

I dont think I need to say much more, except I'd like to thank that omen with the trophy going to Perth instead of Melbourne (along with thanking the refs).

The above 2 facts figured into my taking Brisbane.

Excellent weekend you had despite this loss, BG.

bad gambler said:
NRL - Grand Final

Melbourne Storm to beat Brisbane Broncos - (-140) (4 units)

A few dodgy ref decisions but I think the best team probably won.

Bet lost :down:

Back