Weekend Footy 22nd-24th September

bad gambler

Pretty much a regular
Preliminary finals for both codes in AFL and Rugby League this weekend. I'm getting this thread started early so that everyone have plenty of time to hop on my first play, biggest for a while in league tomorrow night between the Dogs and the Broncos. I'll add more detailed comments about this game later on.

The line opened up with the Dogs at -130 now they have drifted completely to make this game a straight pk'em.

A max play for me....

NRL - Rugby League

Bulldogs to beat the Broncos - (-110) (5 units)

good luck :shake:

Let's cash this tuck :shake:

ANZ Cup game starting in around 4 hours time...

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Taranaki to cover +5.5 v Southland - (-110) (3.5 units)

(PS: I will comment on the league play when I get back home, I haven't forgotten)

bad gambler said:
ANZ Cup game starting in around 4 hours time...

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Taranaki to cover +5.5 v Southland - (-110) (3.5 units)

Win :cheers:

bad gambler said:
NRL - Rugby League

Public have been all over the Broncos in this matchup ever since they beat the Knights last week by 50 points. Add to that the Broncos beat the Dogs comfortably in both matches they played each other both home and away this season. BUT in the final game (rd 24) where Broncos won 30-0 there were many excuses that could be made for the Dogs' inept performance that night:

* Sonny Bill pulls out before the game a stiff knee before the game
*Mason gets reported within 10 min - you can't tell me this didn't affect his game that night, he had a shocker
* Within first 15min Asotasi gets injured
*Tonga and Myles get injured around 25min mark
* What exactly were the two teams playing for that night? Broncos pretty much their season, whereas the Doggies had a mortgage on the 2nd spot....

Now the Dogs have a full squad. Yes Asotasi will be underdone, but Folkes has been in the game as a player and coach way too long to be playing him in such a crunch game if he wasn't 100% fit. Regardless the dogs have the depth up forward to cover for him. Their forward pack is the best in all aspect I have seen EVER. Even better than the Broncos of the mid 90's purely because of their superior athletism.

Dogs have the Broncos pretty much covered all over the park with the exception of the halves and centres.

My only concern about this game was potentially the fact that they were coming off a week's rest, and given what happened to both teams last year in the prelim finals who had the week's rest. But on closer look, the Dogs have one of the best records coming off a bye going around. Their two performances this year says it all:

Round 4 - BYE
Round 5 - Vs Penrith 30-12

Round 21 - BYE
Round 22 - Vs Cowboys 54-14

Definately appreciate the early post... I'll ride them with you as you've shown time and again you know your League.

$50 Bulldogs -112 (pinny for me)

bad gambler said:
Preliminary finals for both codes in AFL and Rugby League this weekend. I'm getting this thread started early so that everyone have plenty of time to hop on my first play, biggest for a while in league tomorrow night between the Dogs and the Broncos. I'll add more detailed comments about this game later on.

The line opened up with the Dogs at -130 now they have drifted completely to make this game a straight pk'em.

A max play for me....

NRL - Rugby League

Lost

Bulldogs led 20-6 at Halftime as well, I just can't cap collapses like that. Sorry for anyone who followed. :moose:

No worries. Nothing is guaranteed, and how do you account for a second half collapse like that. I read the match report... just unreal...:spank:

charvik said:
No worries. Nothing is guaranteed, and how do you account for a second half collapse like that. I read the match report... just unreal...:spank:

Just one of those things - big game and a team chokes. Ah well got a few plays today to attempt to get me in the balck for the weekend :shake:

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Tasman to beat Northland - (-135) (4 units)

Tasman actually have been prety respectable all season as being one of the lower division teams that have made the step up this season. Today they also get back Gear and Jack which will given them both the experience and class on the field they seemed to have been lacking as the last few weeks they have been losing by narrow margins. At home I like them to win today against Northland who have already got a final 8 spot after their win last week against 'Naki.

Tazzy 3-0 after 20 mins.

Tasman took their sweet ffing time to get going. No Gollings to steer the ship today, explains their better than expected price against a shitty Northland side.

Oh fucking yes

Tazzy 11-0, kick to come, 37 mins gone

suck my dick, Northland

---------------------------------------------

:bow: A hard kick is hit from the sideline, 13-0

:wacka wacka: Tazzy 16-0 at halftime:wacka wacka:

Absolutely dominated that half, butchered 2 tries, and Northland havent looked like scoring but for 1 missed long range penalty goal.

lick my scrotum, Northland

21-3, kick to come

Tazzy carving up these stupid fucks

-------------------------------------

conversion is good, 23-3

AFL

West Coast Eagles to cover -7.5 v Adelaide Crows - (-110) (3 units)

Nothing much to write here, Eagles simply OWN the Crows both home and away over the past 3 season and with the Crows struggling with injuries and having to rush wo gun players in Burton and McLeod back even though not fully fit shows how desperae they are today.

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Wellington to beat Waikato - (+100) (4 units)

Lions have been ridiculously inconsistent but with the Moolooooos struggling with injuries to many of their players, and add to that Weepu and the human wrecking ball Collins is back for the Lions will add more class on the park. Wellington know how to play in Hamilton and their record in recent times suggests the wrong team is favoured.

bad gambler said:
ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Tasman to beat Northland - (-135) (4 units)

Tasman actually have been prety respectable all season as being one of the lower division teams that have made the step up this season. Today they also get back Gear and Jack which will given them both the experience and class on the field they seemed to have been lacking as the last few weeks they have been losing by narrow margins. At home I like them to win today against Northland who have already got a final 8 spot after their win last week against 'Naki.

Win :cheers:

bad gambler said:
AFL

West Coast Eagles to cover -7.5 v Adelaide Crows - (-110) (3 units)

Nothing much to write here, Eagles simply OWN the Crows both home and away over the past 3 season and with the Crows struggling with injuries and having to rush wo gun players in Burton and McLeod back even though not fully fit shows how desperae they are today.

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Wellington to beat Waikato - (+100) (4 units)

Lions have been ridiculously inconsistent but with the Moolooooos struggling with injuries to many of their players, and add to that Weepu and the human wrecking ball Collins is back for the Lions will add more class on the park. Wellington know how to play in Hamilton and their record in recent times suggests the wrong team is favoured.

Eagles cover, Wellington loses

:shake:

There are things about this one I don't like, namely being the fact that Canterbury will be desperate today and at home generally means trouble for any visiting team. So keeping it small...

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Nth Harbour to cover +10.5 v Canterbury - (-110) (2 units)

Recent history between these two suggests it will be close, last two games ending in draws proves that. Harbour get back a host of AB's for this one importantly 2 guns in Woodcock, McAlister & Rawlinson.

I rarely say this, but this one looks too good to be true, so I can't go for it (I have to add after a number of weeks of Dog domination, this weekend has seen the expected Fav correction, which doesnt help ease my fears of taking Harbour)

Harbour down by 3, but are at massive odds at halftime.

I dont think theyre going to win, but I'll drop an interest bet at +650

Last edited:
Massive upset brewing

Cunterbury cant do shit, and Harbour fluke another try

21-17, and Harbour ahead by more than a penalty goal

13 minutes to go

Its all Cunterbury now, the inevitable will occur

------------------------------------------------

Huge scrum close to the Harbour line, Cunterbury coughs up the ball but Harbour fail to find touch.

That mistake will be identifiable as costing them the game if Canty score in the final couple of minutes

fuck yes baby
an_dance.gif

bad gambler said:
There are things about this one I don't like, namely being the fact that Canterbury will be desperate today and at home generally means trouble for any visiting team. So keeping it small...

ANZ Cup - Rugby Union

Nth Harbour to cover +10.5 v Canterbury - (-110) (2 units)

Recent history between these two suggests it will be close, last two games ending in draws proves that. Harbour get back a host of AB's for this one importantly 2 guns in Woodcock, McAlister & Rawlinson.

One of those unique cases where prima facie, the line did look too easy.

win :cheers:

Might have a ping at the Zurich Premiership game, but will post it here if I decide to play. Otherwise + weekend for me even after that Friday night disaster. :shake:

Back