Week One Discussion Thread

I keep looking at Detroit to win the NFC North at +450. I feel like they have as good a chance as the pack and vikings and better than the bears. Just a few too many questions about them for me.

Anyone think the Washington football teams defensive front be a problem for a banged up Philly oline? Skins building a scary front 4 with bunch of 1st rounders on it.
It's so weird seeing that and not the Redskins. Gonna take me awhile to get used to.

Anybody know if other NFL teams are going to have fans? If not, I wonder why they let the Chiefs have them.

Personally I think a good compromise is to let teams have 15-20k fans until this shit finally clears.

Anybody know if other NFL teams are going to have fans? If not, I wonder why they let the Chiefs have them.

Personally I think a good compromise is to let teams have 15-20k fans until this shit finally clears.
Just found this article detailing which teams will have fans and which one won't. Interesting.

As time goes by, and seeing other teams host games successfully, I hope others who originally won't allow fans will change their minds.

I keep looking at Detroit to win the NFC North at +450. I feel like they have as good a chance as the pack and vikings and better than the bears. Just a few too many questions about them for me.
Was much sexier when it was 10-1

It's so weird seeing that and not the Redskins. Gonna take me awhile to get used to.

I still use both, sometimes in same post. lol. Need a abbreviation for it or I’ll be using skins a lot, I can’t type out Washington football team every time, especially when On phone!

Just found this article detailing which teams will have fans and which one won't. Interesting.

As time goes by, and seeing other teams host games successfully, I hope others who originally won't allow fans will change their minds.

jags plan on having 25%, when the last time they had stadium that full!?!??

seems incredibly unfair to me that some teams having them and others not. I think the ones they let in at kc made a noticeable difference!

You could say the same about the Ravens in my opinion, but without bias (honest), how do you cover/stop the Chiefs for 4 quarters if they plan on going to more of a 50/50 split on run/pass

that why browns and then titans in playoffs were the tougher teams for ravens, they ran the ball. I don’t care how good your passing game is if you one dimensional ravens secondary and blitzing is gonna be very tough on you!!

Sanders out now too

good god, has any team had more injuries than them the last 2 years? i think philly points gonna come off a few bombs to djax. he likes showing out vs skins and in week 1, sounds like he healthy so if the line can give wentz time i think they hit him on few deep shots!!! (dfs lineups anyone?)

jags plan on having 25%, when the last time they had stadium that full!?!??

seems incredibly unfair to me that some teams having them and others not. I think the ones they let in at kc made a noticeable difference!

Believe me, the Jags PR team saw an opportunity and ran the fuck with it! "Let's pretend like we regularly fill up more than 25% of our stadium!"

good god, has any team had more injuries than them the last 2 years? i think philly points gonna come off a few bombs to djax. he likes showing out vs skins and in week 1, sounds like he healthy so if the line can give wentz time i think they hit him on few deep shots!!! (dfs lineups anyone?)
Yep I’m on a few djax props

I think carolina gonna be better than lot of ppl think, I’d love to take them catching points vs raiders but way to much turnover and changes to back them week 1., I think FSU yesterday was a good example of teams changing coaches and systems. No interest backing raiders either. Just a pass for me.

I think strong running games gonna have the edge this week, expect poor tackling and passing games simply take longer to get in sync.

The few that stick out in that regard to me, colts gonna have a incredibly physical rushing attack with the 2 headed monster of Mack and the wiscy rookie running behind one the best lines in football! Think we see a blowout in Jacksonville.

I think packers told us in the draft they plan on being a power rushing team. Of course Vikings gonna run a lot with newly paid Cook (until he gets hurt, lol). Tough not to like packers catching points. Maybe 1st half? Last season they jumped out on lot of teams then had to hang on for dear life in the second half! I played packers 1st half ml +115.

Yup Im a day late and dollar short as usual. I'm not 100% sold on Patricia either.

me either. Worried bout my loins play this week as I saw golliday doubtful which hurts. Still just think we should fade the bears as much as possible before trubisky inevitably gets benched!!

me either. Worried bout my loins play this week as I saw golliday doubtful which hurts. Still just think we should fade the bears as much as possible before trubisky inevitably gets benched!!

I misplayed the hell outta these 2 teams. I stared at Bears under 8.5 wins for a month but didn't pull the trigger and the number got away from me. Then I stared at Lions -1/-1.5 for a month and let that number escape me too. This covid business has me off my game

Do we know if they gonna play the cards/niners game?

Just saw on one of the morning shows that both Cali games are still on for the moment but the NFL is monitoring the situation.

I would suspect the SF game is in the most trouble and could be moved to Monday night.

Interesting...

If the 49ers and Cardinals do play, Tevin Coleman's status for the game is in question. Coleman has a sickle cell trait that makes him sensitive to air pollution and low oxygen levels, which caused him to miss practice Friday. If the AQI is over 150, Coleman's status for the game is up in the air -- but the decision is his whether he wants to play or not.

I think strong running games gonna have the edge this week, expect poor tackling and passing games simply take longer to get in sync.

The few that stick out in that regard to me, colts gonna have a incredibly physical rushing attack with the 2 headed monster of Mack and the wiscy rookie running behind one the best lines in football! Think we see a blowout in Jacksonville.

I think packers told us in the draft they plan on being a power rushing team. Of course Vikings gonna run a lot with newly paid Cook (until he gets hurt, lol). Tough not to like packers catching points. Maybe 1st half? Last season they jumped out on lot of teams then had to hang on for dear life in the second half! I played packers 1st half ml +115.

The Jax defense is a funnel defense that goads the opponent into passing short and then getting tackled. Jax was an awful tackling team from the beginning of the season onward. Jax got some new pieces at linebacker with Chaisson who will be at DE and the vet from Cleveland. Jags tho also dealt their starting safety. So besides the one veteran piece in Schobert its very much a youth movement. Less tackling from DE, both corners are known to be awful tackles, regression at safety. Nobodies on the d-line besides Allen. It should be tough...

Lot of “sharp” money appears to be pushing the falcons line. Dunno how I feel about that?? No crowd noise should be a big benefit for a crappy Seattle oline, not sure how much but certainly gotta help them some!

By all accounts gurley has looked good in camp, I’d assume he be as good as he gonna be early on before that creaky knee starts bothering him. If he anywhere close to the guy he used to be that offense is scary stacked! Julio and Ridley have to be as good a 1-2 as there is in the league!! The te is good. Healthy Gurley and they very complete. Not sure about atl oline but they better look good today considering this one the weaker front 4s they will see!!!

If you made me bet it I think I’d be on atl. Remember last year when bungals went to Seattle week 1 and the ginger water pistol lit up that defense?

I think carolina gonna be better than lot of ppl think, I’d love to take them catching points vs raiders but way to much turnover and changes to back them week 1., I think FSU yesterday was a good example of teams changing coaches and systems. No interest backing raiders either. Just a pass for me.

FSU lost because of one reason and one reason only.... QB.... if we had a decent QB we win going away... you can see the team was prepared and coached up......so that being said good coaching can do alot... Teddy can sling it if these guys can coach Carolina will be in it........ raiders D is downright awful and they didnt do much to upgrade it

The Jax defense is a funnel defense that goads the opponent into passing short and then getting tackled. Jax was an awful tackling team from the beginning of the season onward. Jax got some new pieces at linebacker with Chaisson who will be at DE and the vet from Cleveland. Jags tho also dealt their starting safety. So besides the one veteran piece in Schobert its very much a youth movement. Less tackling from DE, both corners are known to be awful tackles, regression at safety. Nobodies on the d-line besides Allen. It should be tough...

I think colts are gonna physically manhandle much better defenses than this jags team!!

FSU lost because of one reason and one reason only.... QB.... if we had a decent QB we win going away... you can see the team was prepared and coached up......so that being said good coaching can do alot... Teddy can sling it if these guys can coach Carolina will be in it........ raiders D is downright awful and they didnt do much to upgrade it

I disagree about fsu losing solely cause of qb. the only reason that game was even close was cause all the red zone mistakes by tech. Tech dominated that game between the 20s imo. I don’t recall them ever punting, I missed 1st 10 min or so but I can’t recall any tech possession ending before they crossed mid field and most got very deep into fsu territory!!

I do agree noles will be back sooner than later, Novell offense should be very good with all the athletes they recruit! Just gonna take some time and getting the right guy to run his offense. I’d say the number one decider in that game was the fact Gtech is in year 2 of the rebuild while noles just getting started, I think tech gonna be very formidable this year then Take another big leap next year once they have got few classes not recruited to run the triple option. Tech secondary was very good, some of that was on Blackmon but they deserve credit for the way they defended and broke up passes.

Anyways wrong thread for this discussion, I was just using them as a example of teams that changed their system this season looking off. I love teddy B and think they made right hire at coach, just think it could take time. Raiders not the only bad D on the field, panthers defense in total rebuild. Not sure I should be getting to involved in many totals yet (my only 2 losses yesterday were totals!! Lol) but I do like this over.

Anyone know what's up with the SEA/ATL line? Why the large sudden change?

pretty sure it just "sharp" money driving it.. ive seen a lot of picker guys say atl was their favorite play of the week,, i get liking them but not sure about being fav play of the week..

pretty sure it just "sharp" money driving it.. ive seen a lot of picker guys say atl was their favorite play of the week,, i get liking them but not sure about being fav play of the week..
I Jumped On Atl Early In The Week +2.5
My Reason More Than Anything Is Seattle Usually Starts The Season Slow, And I Liked How Atlanta Finished Last Year.
A Lot Of Teams That Finish The Season Strong, Come Out Strong The Next Season.

I Jumped On Atl Early In The Week +2.5
My Reason More Than Anything Is Seattle Usually Starts The Season Slow, And I Liked How Atlanta Finished Last Year.
A Lot Of Teams That Finish The Season Strong, Come Out Strong The Next Season.

i dont hate it,, id have prob took the money line, or bought it up to a fg, if it that close i rather be on russ!!! i remember bungals lighting seattle up in seattle in week 1 last year, if they can do it atl certainly can.. ive heard nothing but good things bout gurely, if that true and he back to his old self atl be very tough.

cant believe colts line keeps dropping,, guess the "sharps" cant resist a home div dog but i just dont see it. i think this game resembles balty/miami last year, not as explosive a attack by colts but a beat down none the less.

cant believe colts line keeps dropping,, guess the "sharps" cant resist a home div dog but i just dont see it. i think this game resembles balty/miami last year, not as explosive a attack by colts but a beat down none the less.

Also some rain expected in JAX, possibly heavy. That could slow the track down and keep things closer

I think steelers defense gonna be a real problem for giants.

Me too. Biggest concern for Pitt is their offense on the road the last few years has not been good. Gone under their team total 28/34 since 2013 on the road. I need them straight up to finish a teaser, not gonna lay the points.

Me too. Biggest concern for Pitt is their offense on the road the last few years has not been good. Gone under their team total 28/34 since 2013 on the road. I need them straight up to finish a teaser, not gonna lay the points.

yea i got no clue about ben or the offense,, the defense is nasty tho, that should be enough tonight and last i remembered giants d wasnt very good so prob a good 1st opponent for the offense to get on track.. i laid the points..

Back