Week One Discussion Thread

How does everyone think having no fans will affect performance?

It’s been pretty eye telling in other sports.

No fans will help certain teams. Saints especially I would think. Any others? Offense has been around a longggggggggg time and it’s a tempo/timing thing.

No fans def takes some advantages away from the home team but I think travel will be more of a PITA than usual for the visiting team which may even things out a bit.

To me the biggest difference about this season is no pre-season and limited camps which will make team continuity a huge factor for the first 3 weeks or so. I want to look at playing on teams that enter the year with an in tact coaching staff and system and limited player turnover. And look to fade the teams that are breaking in new coaches or QBs, implementing new systems or have had significant turnover at skill positions. No preseason to iron out the kinks so they'll be ironing them out in the first few weeks.

I see this every year in the CFL...with only 2 preseason games, teams that have had significant turnover look real sloppy in the first couple weeks.

How does everyone think having no fans will affect performance?

It’s been pretty eye telling in other sports.

Other than crowd noise effecting offenses especially on obvious passing downs I don’t think it makes a ton of difference. Obviously that pretty huge for a road team being able to hear the snap count or the play when going no huddle. I suppose if anything I think it could lead to even more offensive advantages, as if they don’t already have enough!! Lol

No fans def takes some advantages away from the home team but I think travel will be more of a PITA than usual for the visiting team which may even things out a bit.

To me the biggest difference about this season is no pre-season and limited camps which will make team continuity a huge factor for the first 3 weeks or so. I want to look at playing on teams that enter the year with an in tact coaching staff and system and limited player turnover. And look to fade the teams that are breaking in new coaches or QBs, implementing new systems or have had significant turnover at skill positions. No preseason to iron out the kinks so they'll be ironing them out in the first few weeks.

I see this every year in the CFL...with only 2 preseason games, teams that have had significant turnover look real sloppy in the first couple weeks.

gotta think tackling be even worse, it has already suffered from not having nearly as much of it in camp.

I played a bunch early when they came out, not sure I remember why now! Lol. Let’s see, I have:

Browns +9 (8 now, doubt that point matters), they match up about as well as anyone with balty for whatever reason.

Miami +6.5, 6 now but not sure I like it.

Colts -6.5 (-9.5 now!), really glad i took this one early. I love the colts this year, I think rivers bounces back huge with the best protection he probably ever had.

Arizona +8, dunno how I feel bout this.

Denver -2. Got worst of this line and now that Titans have clowny and Donks lost one their tackles could be bad.

Love donks weapons and I think I might have been wrong bout Lock, just never liked him in college but maybe he had bad coaching at mizzou!! Their oline could be a real problem tho, all the weapons in the world don’t mean much if young QB running for his life!!

I played a bunch early when they came out, not sure I remember why now! Lol. Let’s see, I have:

Browns +9 (8 now, doubt that point matters), they match up about as well as anyone with balty for whatever reason.

Miami +6.5, 6 now but not sure I like it.

Colts -6.5 (-9.5 now!), really glad i took this one early. I love the colts this year, I think rivers bounces back huge with the best protection he probably ever had.

Arizona +8, dunno how I feel bout this.

Denver -2. Got worst of this line and now that Titans have clowny and Donks lost one their tackles could be bad.

Love the colts play. Think they cruise. Jags are easily gonna be the worst team in the league

Love the colts play. Think they cruise. Jags are easily gonna be the worst team in the league

yea that the one I took early I’m actually proud of and think cashes pretty easily.

I do like the browns too, as strange as that is to say. They played ravens about as tough as anyone in reg season last year and I think they be much better, I do worry about the coaching turnover early in the season. Long haul it be a big plus but dunno bout week 1?

obviously I’m thrilled laying less than 7 but I’d play them anything less than -10. Rivers knowing this coaching staff I think should speed up any learning curve for switching teams.

I really wanna play the panthers but so much turnover makes it tough in week 1 with no freaking preseason.

Vikings have just 2 safeties on their roster right now, but Zimmer "has a plan." Hunter still banged up too. Lots of turnover there and the corners are young and generally unproven. Pack DL ate us up last season.

true. Just wasn’t one I paid any attention to early. Really just the fact trubisky starting what appeals to me.

True about the biscuit, but either he performed well in camp or Foles has looked terrible. I'm pretty stunned that Tru was named starter but maybe he's done well in practice. Bears still have a solid defense too.

True about the biscuit, but either he performed well in camp or Foles has looked terrible. I'm pretty stunned that Tru was named starter but maybe he's done well in practice. Bears still have a solid defense too.

obviously I got no clue how he has looked in practice but I truly believe it probably more to do with bears continually being stubborn about whiffing on him than him doing anything special. Or like you said foles could have sucked a big one, that certainly wouldn’t surprise me since that been his mo for all but that one magical playoff run! Lol.

No fans will help certain teams. Saints especially I would think. Any others? Offense has been around a longggggggggg time and it’s a tempo/timing thing.

Conversely, y'all had big home field advantage, not so much now

Prolly the best home field advantage will be Denver and Buffalo cuz Bill's Mafia dont give a fuck

Neither. Chicago pretty much has to start Trubisky week 1 otherwise his confidence is shot and the experiment is officially over. Pretty easy to start Foles in any given week once the season starts since he’s done it plenty. This is similar to Tennessee last year, Trubisky will have a shorter leash though

biggest plus I see for them is no fans, I’m not joking when I say I think cousins be better without them!

It's a great thought drilling down to specific players and their ideal environment.

Baker, Odell and Brownies might be bumming with the lack of adoration but will prolly be thankful when inevitable boos would rain down and they pump in fake crowd support

Conversely, y'all had big home field advantage, not so much now

Prolly the best home field advantage will be Denver and Buffalo cuz Bill's Mafia dont give a fuck

Except for the fact that Buffalo is still part of NY, and King Cuomo isn’t having any of that. Erie County is somehow still just as bad as NYC regions even though there are like 600 hundred active cases (not deaths (651 in TOTAL, not hospitalizationo), but cases...in a county with 930,000 people. In total there have only been 10,350 cases in the country since it all started.

There isn’t going to be any tailgating or anything. Most people are still running around with their sheep masks on.

I do have a question about the NFL and their supposed “level playing field” BS we heard about when it came to teams being able to practice, meet, etc. Wasn’t it their position that until ALL teams could do something that no teams were allowed to?

How in the fuck can they then turn around and allow 5 of the 32 teams to have fan attendance? Is that not the exact opposite of their stance all along, and one that could conceivably be the most important one? What a shit show.

Who has biggest advantage with no fans no pre-season, etc.
I feel Hou vs kc should fly over the number tonight.
Even if both teams makes mistakes (INT, Fumble, Etc.) should give the other team a short field to work with.
My two cents, I could be way off.
I think every team should be able to hold 20% capacity, or every team has 0.

Who has biggest advantage with no fans no pre-season, etc.
I feel Hou vs kc should fly over the number tonight.
Even if both teams makes mistakes (INT, Fumble, Etc.) should give the other team a short field to work with.
My two cents, I could be way off.
I think every team should be able to hold 20% capacity, or every team has 0.

i do think all the circumstances mostly favor offense, no or very little crowd noise gonna make it easier to audible and for lineman to hear the snap count. No preseason with as little hitting they now do in camp can’t be good for tackling. Guess just depends if offenses are rusty?

far as tonight my one concern with the over would be I think obrien the coach is gonna do everything he can to try and justify obrien the gm trading Hopkins for a RB so I expect them to give a heavy dose of David johnson which the best way to attack kc anyways imo.

Anyone think the Washington football teams defensive front be a problem for a banged up Philly oline? Skins building a scary front 4 with bunch of 1st rounders on it.

Back