Week One CTG $100 League

gotcha. i guess that's how it works in the real nfl?

my other leagues are on ESPN (free stattracker btw), and every player undrafted is on waivers for a certain # of weeks, i guess. because i tried picking up ward and he has to go through waivers.

yea, i guess it does work out best for me. i'll take that. i just didn't realize this is how it works, no fault but my own

one note tho. the waiver setting shouldn't be per day but per week. per day works in baseball, but it should be that we all get the chance to claim the same player throughout the week, since it doesn't matter until sunday anyway.

like say someone had dropped ward, and he was on waivers. SHSU went to try and claim him on sunday night. he shouldnt be able to pick him up on tuesday... there's no point in that anyway. if guy with #1 waiver position wants him on wednesday, he should still get the opportunity.

maybe none of this is adjustable, I don't know. but this is how were doing it in my big local league. not everyone is on the computer all the time like i am, so it benefits those people.

EDIT:
one day ill learn to edit my posts, or at least think things through before i hit the submit button

I will switch any settings if the majority wants to.

Discuss in here, and I'll be back tonight. If there's enough talk on the issue, I'll run a poll and everyone can vote.

But if one of your players gets hurt in practice during the week you would need the everyday waivers just in case?

Especially at QB where some only carry one on their roster.

like say someone had dropped ward, and he was on waivers. SHSU went to try and claim him on sunday night. he shouldnt be able to pick him up on tuesday... there's no point in that anyway. if guy with #1 waiver position wants him on wednesday, he should still get the opportunity.

maybe none of this is adjustable, I don't know. but this is how were doing it in my big local league. not everyone is on the computer all the time like i am, so it benefits those people.

EDIT:
one day ill learn to edit my posts, or at least think things through before i hit the submit button

Ahhh...I see. Yes I agree with that setting but I don't think yahoo allows it. Where its closed from Sunday to Tuesday would make since.

I swear i wasnt looking for this, but it makes my point more poinent. from http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=3012849

QUOTE:
While late lineup changes allow owners the chance to make a swap out when that dreaded "game-time decision" doesn't go their way, what I don't like, and will never understand is having a league in which owners can make waiver-wire pickups and start those players immediately. Yet there are leagues out there that allow this to go on all the time. Down by five points going into Sunday night? I'll cut some scrubs off my bench and sign Patrick Crayton and Matt Stover off waivers and start them instead of Tab Perry and an injury-hampered Shayne Graham. Nobody else had thought to do it, why shouldn't I?
If it's within your league's rules, there's no reason you shouldn't. I just wish it wasn't in any league's rules, because I'd like to think there should be some integrity to the game. Draft your team. Play your best lineup. When the week is done, make a limited number of roster moves, either through worst-to-first waivers or a FAAB system. But don't let somebody get the best free agents just because they're the first to wake up when the waiver period begins, and don't let them swap out their entire bench, only to do it again on Sunday minutes before kickoff. It may be fantasy … but let's try to keep it grounded in a little bit of reality, shall we? All rise … The Court has now adjourned!

trout, I need RBs not WRs. The only WR I like that you have you won't trade lol.

Unless I give you 2 players for Chad.

a lot of teams look shitty, just a good draft, now we'll see who has the breakout year. i just hope steven jackson steps it up this week. i have a feeling he will.

Back