Week One CFB Discussion Thread...

Interesting to hear why you thought he was phony. My opinion is people are broken down and mentally drained from all of this. The reason why I don't think he was phony is because he is a good guy. Lastly, there were a couple of segments after where he was visible still teary-eyed. We're all drained from this and a lot of this emotion is because we do want peace and normalcy.

That's fair and could well be the case. I think part of being worn out from this entire thing is that cynicism and / or skepticism just continues to ratchet up. Combine that with asshole-like tendencies that I occasionally exhibit and you got an opinion that could well be off base and justify criticism.

Just tired of it all. '20 can't be over soon enough.

I think the best thing people can do is stay off the news channels. Even sports channels its gotten down to turning a game on at game time with the volume off.

Not bad advice.

In other news, whether it was genuine or phony, I guess we can all look forward to Rinaldi's piece on Herbstreit crying.

Informative and fun preview article here:

A Sooners' guide to Missouri State football before opening day

I learned that Bobby Petrino is the new head coach in Springfield. His QB will be an alleged 4* who committed to UL and then signed with USM when Petrino got fired. He redshirted in Hattiesburg and has transferred from USM to MSU.

Missouri State will play a total of three games this fall consisting of this game plus a home-and-home with Central Arkansas. But they are looking forward to the possibility of an 8-game conference schedule in the spring. Which leads to this:

It's currently unknown when the MVFC will kickoff during the spring, but there might be a chance the Bears are practicing for their spring season while the Sooners are losing in the first round of the College Football Playoff.

I also liked this:

Missouri State's mascot is a lovable bear named "Boomer." That's right, "Boomer, Sooner" singers, this might cause a weird conflict of interest when you sing your fight song.

No play for me as of now, but I'm leaning over.

Back