Week One CFB Discussion Thread...

Two games tomorrow...

Gotta dig a bit myself...

Might be good for watch n play live.

Anyone with info in Navy’s qb? I know it’s a plug and play system but their qb that graduated was really pretty good

Below from here:

At 6-foot-1 and 206 pounds, Morris is one of the bigger, stronger quarterbacks to play in Navy’s triple-option system. That is a similar body type to past starters such as Ricky Dobbs, Zach Abey and Will Worth, all of whom were inside runners that did most of their damage between the tackles.

“Dalen’s a lot more athletic than a Zach Abey or a Will Worth. He can do a lot more things than they can on the perimeter,” Jasper said.

Jasper did compare Morris favorably to Dobbs in terms of throwing ability. Dobbs passed for 1,537 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior in 2010, both of which were records for the current triple-option era (2002 to present).

Early indications are that Navy plans to throw the ball more often with Morris under center.

“Having a guy with the ability to throw it gives us more piece of mind,” Jasper said. “It’s going to help us as an offense because we have a quarterback back there that can throw the ball exceptionally.”

Morris has set a simple goal for himself this season.

“I just want to see myself lead the team in a positive way. I want my legacy to be as a guy who was a great teammate, a guy everyone could look to with confidence when we’re in a crunch time situation,” he said.

Was with the boy on a multi sport practice night so I missed most of UAB and have seen the second half of Southern Miss. Seems like Central Arkansas keeping it to 10 was a fluke and South Al looks pretty legitimate. Any other thoughts?

I’ll probably start a thread this weekend but I think my plan for now is to play mostly live and 2H’s. I was planning to start my offseason stuff back in March when all of this started and I just haven’t felt like doing the work since so much is up in the air. So with basically no research going in I’ll just play it week to week and go by what I’m seeing. I think conditioning may be a factor early in the season with the Summer and early camp being so disrupted, so live or 2H overs involving teams with offensive continuity may be the angle I look for early.

Was with the boy on a multi sport practice night so I missed most of UAB and have seen the second half of Southern Miss. Seems like Central Arkansas keeping it to 10 was a fluke and South Al looks pretty legitimate. Any other thoughts?

I’ll probably start a thread this weekend but I think my plan for now is to play mostly live and 2H’s. I was planning to start my offseason stuff back in March when all of this started and I just haven’t felt like doing the work since so much is up in the air. So with basically no research going in I’ll just play it week to week and go by what I’m seeing. I think conditioning may be a factor early in the season with the Summer and early camp being so disrupted, so live or 2H overs involving teams with offensive continuity may be the angle I look for early.
Good stuff and I think a lot took same approach.

It seems like Army /MTSU should be over. MTSU has real good offense and no way defense is ready for Army as they just learned about game and they arent that good anyway, but I suppose a few weeks to prepare is better than most during season. Army looks to be down. Maybe MTSU ML. I think that's the play.

I know Memphis lost their most dynamic player and new coach but I dont think they miss too many beats. I tend not to trust their qb even tho he is real good. They probably roll.

Maybe SMU 1st qtr / half. Texas St looks to be bad

I get that Phil Steele likes Army and for some reason playing at home with no fans is some kind of advantage or something. I like MTSU tt over for sure. Weather will be perfect for
Asher O'hara to work those diminutive Amy dbacks

SP+

107. MTSU-10.328.8 (57)39.1 (121)10 (4.3

99. Army-8.526.8 (74)35.3 (106)12 (6.7)

On Army Cadets big tomorrow. 20 days to get ready for option spells doom when you never face it. Also, love Army at home with no fans. They don't need fans.

ive always felt time to prepare doesnt do a lot of good if you not capable of running it to practice against.

omfg. herbstreet should win some kind of acting award for all the tears and snot coming out his face talking about social justice issues. jfc can we please talk about the games? if i wanted to see all this crying i would have popped in a merril streep movie and watch a real actress!!!!

appears he has recovered over the commercial break and managed to pull himself together. apparently it a fleeting agony he feels for the black race!!! lmfao..

not that im against any the social justice issues. i just have no interest watching herby conjuring up all his pain!! lol

omfg. herbstreet should win some kind of acting award for all the tears and snot coming out his face talking about social justice issues. jfc can we please talk about the games? if i wanted to see all this crying i would have popped in a merril streep movie and watch a real actress!!!!

appears he has recovered over the commercial break and managed to pull himself together. apparently it a fleeting agony he feels for the black race!!! lmfao..

not that im against any the social justice issues. i just have no interest watching herby conjuring up all his pain!! lol

Glad I saw none of that. ESPN College Gameday is the most worthless part of each and every Saturday anyway.

UTEP down to 4.5

This Stephen F Austin is not the Stephen F Austin they used to be right?

UTEP down to 4.5

This Stephen F Austin is not the Stephen F Austin they used to be right?

Answering my own question. SFA has sucked at least the last 3 years. Or course UTEP always sucks too...

Glad I saw none of that. ESPN College Gameday is the most worthless part of each and every Saturday anyway.

no doubt, I rarely watch but I was so hungry for ncaa football I had the misfortune of having it on this morning.

gameday was disgusting with their pussieness

I feel bad for all of you that witnessed this in its entirety. I only saw Herbstreit's phony act and that was enough.
Interesting to hear why you thought he was phony. My opinion is people are broken down and mentally drained from all of this. The reason why I don't think he was phony is because he is a good guy. Lastly, there were a couple of segments after where he was visible still teary-eyed. We're all drained from this and a lot of this emotion is because we do want peace and normalcy.

Interesting to hear why you thought he was phony. My opinion is people are broken down and mentally drained from all of this. The reason why I don't think he was phony is because he is a good guy. Lastly, there were a couple of segments after where he was visible still teary-eyed. We're all drained from this and a lot of this emotion is because we do want peace and normalcy.
I e seen those glassy eyes before.....

Back