Week of September 11th Plays and Analysis Thread

Lucky to get the hedge off tOSU, had to buy down though and if OSU does cover lose 20 cents per unit.

Also added SJSU to the original post.

Im gonna stick with OSU +11, probably just being stubborn, but Im gonna pound the USC TT under if I can get 28. Any thoughts?

Im gonna stick with OSU +11, probably just being stubborn, but Im gonna pound the USC TT under if I can get 28. Any thoughts?
Not BAR, but that TT under has to give some pause with the amount of points given up by this group the last three good offenses they've faced. Michigan '06, Florida '06, LSU '07

JOB makes a really good point there.

I personally wouldn't touch that

Vegas basically is calling for say a 27-17 game with the total...right around there...

Not saying it may not happen. I personally expect an under game but think its not that STRONG of a play.

Not BAR, but that TT under has to give some pause with the amount of points given up by this group the last three good offenses they've faced. Michigan '06, Florida '06, LSU '07

Mich 06 and LSU 07 offenses were far and away better o's than what I believe USCs will prove to be. The Flor game was a complete debacle. If OSU sits back in the same zone, not making adjustments, and doesn't challenge, then Sc has a good chance to put up 4+ tds. Heacock should be fired if thats what we see.

Thanks for the input:cheers:

Heacock has shown this to be his tendancy...and loves the three man rush and drop 8 on third and longs....that doesn't work vs good teams whcen you generate no push rush..

I hope we see the silver bullets....

Like the plays bro...I am playing every one of them with the book!

I had a dream that OSU got a quick 3 and out on the first possession and then marched right down and scored...Then I woke up ...so USC could have went and won 41-7 BUT....Good luck

U-M vs. Notre Dame scouting report

by John Heuser | The Ann Arbor News Saturday September 13, 2008, 9:19 AM

medium_080913-ap-armando-allen-john-thompson-michigan-notre-dame.jpg
AP File PhotoJohn Thompson brings down Notre Dame's Armando Allen (5) during the third quarter of last year's game at Michigan Stadium. That day, Michigan handed the Fighting Irish their worst loss since beating them by the same score in 2003.
Historically speaking, these are hard times for the Michigan-Notre Dame series.
For 25 consecutive games - dating from 1942 through 2006 - at least one school was ranked when they played. Usually both were.
That string of excellence ended a year ago. This season, a new streak has begun. For the second straight year, neither the Wolverines nor the Fighting Irish will be listed in the top 25 when the rivalry renews.
The Wolverines are 1-1 under first-year coach Rich Rodriguez, while the Fighting Irish are 1-0 after rallying at home to beat San Diego State last week.
Though today's game in South Bend, Ind., doesn't have the significance of, say, the No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup of 1989, it's still plenty important to two proud programs trying to piece things back together.
Michigan on offense
Bit by bit, Michigan's offense is finding itself. After going nowhere on the ground in the opener, the Wolverines gained 178 yards in Week Two against Miami of Ohio. Freshman Sam McGuffie accounted for 74 of those rushing yards, and he could be complemented this week by Carlos Brown, Brandon Minor and Michael Shaw, all of whom were dinged up to varying degrees. It's a bit difficult to analyze Notre Dame's run defense so far, since the Aztecs had just 15 carries. San Diego State, which runs a spread offense, was able to move the ball through the air, however, gaining 274 yards.
Whether that avenue can be exploited by Michigan is a crucial question. Young quarterbacks Steven Threet and Nick Sheridan have combined for just 270 passing yards through two games, and have been less-than-accurate on most downfield throws. The expected return of injured wide receiver Greg Mathews should give the Michigan QBs another veteran player to target.
Though Notre Dame assistant head coach for defense Jon Tenuta loves to blitz, his unit didn't bother the Aztecs much. With a single sack (by senior linebacker Maurice Crum), the Fighting Irish defense may not have the oomph to take advantage of a rebuilt Michigan offensive line.
Notre Dame on offense
Quarterback Jimmy Clausen absorbed an obscene amount of punishment in Michigan's 38-0 victory last year, during which the Wolverines had nine sacks. Clausen has since bulked up (he's now listed at 6 feet 3 inches, 217 pounds) and, by all accounts, is a more mature, poised player. His opening numbers, 21-of-34 for 237 yards, were solid, but he threw two interceptions against a team that applied little pressure. That won't be the case today. The Wolverines have a Big Ten-best nine sacks, led by ends Tim Jamison and Brandon Graham with two apiece.
While Michigan's opponents have been able to gain yardage passing the ball, they have been shut down in the run game, where the Wolverines allow 1.1 yards per carry. When Notre Dame last beat the Wolverines - winning in 2004 and 2005 - the Fighting Irish were fortified by a strong running game led by Darius Walker. Walker is no longer available, and Notre Dame is still trying to find a worthy replacement. The Fighting Irish will likely put a pair of sophomores, 237-pounder Robert Hughes (54 rushing yards last week) and 195-pound Armando Allen (59 yards) to the test.
Keep an eye on
Michigan's Perry Dorrestein: He has never started previously, but will replace the injured left tackle Mark Ortmann and be responsible for protecting the QB's blind side.
Turnovers: The Wolverines jump-started their 2006 victory in South Bend by returning an interception for a touchdown. Given Michigan's offensive issues, turnovers created by its defense would be greatly appreciated.
Notre Dame's David Grimes: The senior from Detroit is a go-to receiver. He has enough speed and experience to be an impact player.
In the end
Neither of these teams has a proven offense, but give Michigan a decisive edge in defense and special teams. Provided the Wolverine quarterbacks don't get sloppy, Michigan gets a pivotal win before Big Ten play starts in two weeks.
Prediction
Michigan 21, Notre Dame 17.

Good call on Maryland thus far Bar. Unfortunately I was on Cal with one of my larger plays. BOL the remainder of the day.

Good start. Great call with BYU. Tough brake with Iowa. Should be thankful for a push with Georgia. Cock's D doesn't give up much.

:cheers:

Back