Week of Saturday, September 6th Plays and Analysis Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
5-3-1 +1.82 units

Not a bad first week, get the feet wet and get some profit. I think I could have done a bit better but that is okay. Some quick reflections...

Recap:

Ole Miss TT on Thursday was the first luckbox of the year. It also was a bit of a warning sign for the weekend for slow starts. Either way they got loose in the last 20 minutes or so and I will take it.

Houston TT, lets just not talk about that.

Arizona TT, I had kinda planned to play all along but got gunshy but then the booze kicked in Friday night and played it. I am glad I did, gut feeling was easily correct.

I had been planning a Navy 1H play for awhile. If you look back now I look like a genius, lol. The thing is with all the line moves and uncertain aspects about Ohio I got fidgety and went real small. Bad staking there but the right play.

Marshall is a team I expect to have a lot of interest in this year. The game started just how I thought/hoped it would then it got kinda 'funny'. I'll take the push even though it looked great early 2nd quarter. Have to maybe watch and see what they do for a week or two, shall see. #TheMAC

I went small on Bama TT and I should have went nothing to be honest while it almost got there. New QB, new 'relationship' between Kiff and Nicky..about all I can say.

USC TT was my big play and it was as easy as it gets. That is the most satisfying part of my gambling day.

Florida ATS and TT goes by the wayside. After awhile I was rooting for the PPD, I wanted no part of a 10pm start, wet field and perhaps a running clock. That woulda sucked.

Wahington was as bad of a bet as I will make this year hopefully, lol.

Baylor 1H TT nice. It was defense and ST's that got it done for me. As Hunt said, they just fly around and have so much energy playing at home.

I layed off Monday. I liked UL for a few weeks and got scurred. Oh well, only 9 plays in the books and on the postive side, so a solid start to the season. The big thing is Week 1 is a BIG learning week as will be next week before you get a much better handle on some teams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Locally, I took a lot of positives from the Michigan game. They played very aggressive on defense. The secondary was what I hope it will be. The front is much more aggressive. The linebackers were so-so but they have talent and depth there and will be fine. Offensively I was like 'wtf' after the first two series even though they scored. Then they kinda gelled a bit. My favorite part, tbh was the WR blocking. It is still a work in progress but already better than last year. The full recruiting classes are finally getting to be more seasoned so the future should be bright. There will be some more growing pains but I think by mid-season this team will be very solid.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is Notre Dame-Michigan week for the final time for the forseeable future. These programs have had their ups and downs the this decade but they have played some great games. I expect much the same this weekend. Weird things happen at Notre Dame Stadium and I expect nothing less(whether that is good or bad). Pretty jealous several buddies of mine are making the trip down for the game. If UM can contain Golson somewhat and 2 turnovers or less I think they have a chance.

Here is little pump-up video...

[video]<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6acrHCbpRnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>[/video]

Nothing locked in yet, but will be doing plenty more work this Tuesday afternoon and evening, have a few ideas circled.

GL to all this week:cheers3:

BAR my man great start 5-3 can't ask for anything better I can't wait to see your play's bol this year:money:

I want to cap the game out and then take the other side of what the capping says. I never get this game right. I will never forget the horrific sideline call. Nice week 1. Gl this week

Get a real number for your QB please ... 98! ... come on! This isn't Tom Harmon's team here!

Kidding.

BOL this week, bro, and enjoy the games!!

Auburn 1H tt o26.5 -125 1.25 units
Florida tt o46.5 -110 1.25 units
Ole Miss tt o34.5 -110
Michigan State tt o22 -110 1.75 units
UCLA tt o39.5 -110 1.50 units
Florida -40.5 -110

Last edited:
Auburn 1H tt o26.5 -125 1.25 units
Florida tt o46.5 -110 1.25 units
Ole Miss tt o34.5 -110
Michigan State tt o22 -110 1.75 units
UCLA tt o39.5 -110 1.50 units
Florida -40.5 -110

B.A.R. Sparty TT is O21 -110 do you like it more at that number?

11-4-1 +9.57 units

I am happy as hell with the start to the year. I feel like today coulda been bigger(few more leans hit) but I didn't want to overreact to week one much. Sept is the time to kill it.

I will try and type out more thoughts going forward. My laptop keyboard is a bitch right now, gonna buy new one soon so that has been my main reason this week not talking more.

B1G is awful though.

Back