Week of Saturday, September 19th Plays and Analysis Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
1-4 (4.30) units

Not a hot start, did have that Sparty -1 early last week that was lucky to win and also a tail on another but that wasn't much. Either way, learning some things and we'll go from there.

It has been a weird start. For someone like me, definitely a good year to not force much early and kinda get a better feel for things. The game has changed a bit this year it seems. So many of the games it feels like the clock never stops. Offenses are ever-evolving to whatever is the hot thing and we are sorta seeing that this year with 'some' of these teams.

The Sparty TT and Game bets I had circled all spring/summer. I would make that TT bet 10 outta 10 times. They just got conservative, had some turnovers and the missed FG early was huge. Connor Cook continues to slowly regress since the middle of last year. It is strange as can be. He is still a very good quarterback but he has really leveled off. Sparty special teams are 'off' this year too through two games. Oregon got hosed by the refs, no doubt. The one was a possible TD and the late game 'spot' was brutal(but that point I wanted my one unit on Sparty -1 so I was happy with it). I really thought this was a 42-31 or 42-28 kinda game. Oregon competed real hard and and almost stole it at the end.

Michigan played a Power 5 school, but one that isn't very good, obviously. The first two drives defensively were brutal but they dominated the rest of the way...I'll go through some quick takes real quick..

-Rudock has to limit turnovers. He must have more this year than all of last year at Iowa.

-Drake Johnson got a carry, they wanted to get his feet wet. This will be huge going forward. Just imo, I think he gets 5-10 carries this week.

-The other guys ran hard and kinda read holes better. Once a change of pace like Drake is installed I think this unit will be much better as a whole.

-TE was a group that many got scared of other than Butt but it is developing very well. Bunting is really coming into his own.

-The Dline has been very good so far and will keep getting better. Wormley was a monster again. Nothing to worry about here. Very deep too.

-Linebackers are hit and miss...seems they struggle out of gate but get better as game goes through 2 games.

-Secondary...Best corner Lewis suffered a concussion. My guess is they sit him this week for precautionary measures. They seem to shuffle back here a little bit and I think will settle on a rotation by conference season.

-Jabrill...man it is fun watching him progress. Still only has played 5 games in his career. A few learning curves but he is due for something real special, real soon.

The coaching has been great. My concern is how we come out defensively on the first few drives. We make great adjustments after but cannot afford to keep doing that. The halftime adjustments have been great. Very refreshing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, on to this week. It will be a small card for me but starting with the Thursday-nighter. Typical overlay here, I feel..I bet this early yesterday afternoon so I wanted to post now since i saw in CKR thread someone hit it pretty good..

Louisville +6.5 -110
1.25 units

Back on the weekend, GL to all and BOL this week.

good morning BAR about U of M this QB is not that good I was wrong I thought he was going to be a great fit this guy has no ARM he has problems seeing the football Field I dont trust this QB have to see next year what this KID from HOUSTON has and I agree about the LOV game getting a soft td yeah but I never ever bet on a Freshmen QB I will be rooting for my man BAR MILLERS BAR

GL this week, buddy :cheers3:

Thanks John, appreciated as always.

Keep the John theme rolling in the thread, dankya!

Good luck.

Mr Clemson, always glad to see you posting.

GL Bar

Hope Ville gets a very late backdoor cover to lose by 4

I'll dig that CTG 2015 NCAA Capper of the year quarterfinalist ;)

good morning BAR about U of M this QB is not that good I was wrong I thought he was going to be a great fit this guy has no ARM he has problems seeing the football Field I dont trust this QB have to see next year what this KID from HOUSTON has and I agree about the LOV game getting a soft td yeah but I never ever bet on a Freshmen QB I will be rooting for my man BAR MILLERS BAR

He hasn't been good early but I think he will be better managing games moving forward. Can't wait for O'Korn, he would start this second here. And moreso, cannot wait for Peters. That is the best UM prospect since Drew Henson, IMO.

Millers baby. I was talking about the best burger one has ever had the other day with this old-timer and he says 'You ever heard of Millers?' I started cracking up.

Thanks John, appreciated as always.

Keep the John theme rolling in the thread, dankya!

Mr Clemson, always glad to see you posting.

I'll dig that CTG 2015 NCAA Capper of the year quarterfinalist ;)

He hasn't been good early but I think he will be better managing games moving forward. Can't wait for O'Korn, he would start this second here. And moreso, cannot wait for Peters. That is the best UM prospect since Drew Henson, IMO.

Millers baby. I was talking about the best burger one has ever had the other day with this old-timer and he says 'You ever heard of Millers?' I started cracking up.
BAR thats funny the Burger MILLERS BAR cant wait bring the whole gang dont forget STEED I have been worried about him I think he went to covers haha

Didn't get to see much of game but after looking at play-by-play I am feeling the ole 'rather be lucky than good'...

KO return.

And OT mighta killed bet perhaps.

I'll take it.

Clemson wanted to lose the game and Lou looked so unorganized they did not want to win it. The last drive was a joke, I was glad he missed it to just end the game lol :prayer

Clemson wanted to lose the game and Lou looked so unorganized they did not want to win it. The last drive was a joke, I was glad he missed it to just end the game lol :prayer
I ended up catching the replay of 4th before bed and totally agree.

Under bettors felt he same way!

I expect 49-55 from ASU so ya just gotta handicap the other side...but with any high TT I hope the other team scores...just not on long, time consuming drives.

But, yes, lean game over.

Back