Week of Oct 15th through 21st Discussion Thread

Thinking of hitting wade Miley over 2.5 K's as I believe they will try to get a few more innings out of him than they would due to the extra inning game last night

On Memphis +7 and ML. Think this line forgot how good Conley + Gasol have always been together

Also on Houston -8, then a smaller Hou-Utah ML Parlay. Think New Orleans struggles this year without a floor general. The drop off from rondo to Elfrid will be significant

Well most of the predictions have certainly sucked. ? Can the Suns win the NBA championship? I do have them over 29.5. But win it all. Why not. A wonderful town like Houston deserves a national champion and I do not expect the Astros to do it. By the way how could a town like Houston be wonderful. Will the Rockets make the playoffs?

Last edited:
As for the Houston Rockets. They cleverly traded away Ariza and picked up Carmelo. Nice work bozos.
I guess if the Suns win it all that will not help Houston. Too bad

Last edited:
Does it have an assist total?

I expect him to try to be more of a facilitator this game than we're used to seeing.

Check out the article from ESPN on AD

AD wants to be Westbrook. He wants to be talked as the best player in NBA. Think he gonna be playing different this year, gonna be putting up big numbers.

Check out the article from ESPN on AD

AD wants to be Westbrook. He wants to be talked as the best player in NBA. Think he gonna be playing different this year, gonna be putting up big numbers.

Westbrook the best player in the NBA...

:rolleyes:

Very excited to see the Lakers new season :)
Rondo plays great this first half :)

As for Friday's games, a bit surprised to see Nets getting such a short line. They should be decent this season, while Knicks, despite their first win, I believe should finish below them. Expected to see around -4.5 on them...

Memphis should rebound after a tough loss, against the awful Hawks. I think it's one of the shorter lines Hawks will get all season on the road... It's hard to lay 7.5 points with Memphis, but Memphis got trashed last night and with Gasol and Conley - they will try to make playoffs and that means they should give such weak teams a beating... plus they got Casspi...

Not sure that GSW so early in the season should be favorites in Utah. Pretty sure Jazz will be looking to make a statement.

Not betting anything myself the first week of the season, because numbers proved me it's not a good idea, so thoughts only :)

Very excited to see the Lakers new season :)
Rondo plays great this first half :)

As for Friday's games, a bit surprised to see Nets getting such a short line. They should be decent this season, while Knicks, despite their first win, I believe should finish below them. Expected to see around -4.5 on them...

Memphis should rebound after a tough loss, against the awful Hawks. I think it's one of the shorter lines Hawks will get all season on the road... It's hard to lay 7.5 points with Memphis, but Memphis got trashed last night and with Gasol and Conley - they will try to make playoffs and that means they should give such weak teams a beating... plus they got Casspi...

Not sure that GSW so early in the season should be favorites in Utah. Pretty sure Jazz will be looking to make a statement.

Not betting anything myself the first week of the season, because numbers proved me it's not a good idea, so thoughts only :)

As a knicks fan, I agree I think nets win here. It’ll take the Knicks a while to figure it out. Kanter and Hardaway are gonna have to shoulder a lot of the scoring as Knox, Robinson, and Trier (who looks most ready of the 3) get their nba feet wet and they figure out the backcourt rotation with Burke, Ntilikina, Lee and mudiay when the latter 2 are healthy).

Utah had this game circled. I think they get this one.

As bad as atl is, like you said laying 7.5 w Memphis is tough but if my knicks beat them by DD Memphis should do the same in the grindhouse.

Well Utah may have it circled but GS losing 4 in a row. GS has no big men to match with Utah so the logic of the situation calls for GS uptempo

With the two west coast games to go...

Lowest scoring game tonight was Knicks/Nets who had a furious 4th to get to 212.

Hate laying this big road chalk, but betting Boston here. NY off a heartbreaking last second loss which I always felt were tough to bounce back from the next night. At this stage, I think Boston is better without Hayward since it’s the same team that built all the chemistry last year. They’ll be up for this game too off their first loss

Back