Week of Oct 15th through 21st Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
We are back, what a quick off season that was.

Two games on tap for Tuesday night...

Boston 5 / 208.5

Golden State 12 / 224

Obviously ring night for the Dubs and the two young guns of the East going at it. Should be fun! Great to have The Association back!

I took a position on the Warriors already at 11.5

I am not saying that is what I will end up playing, but I just want that position to start with.

Roberson also out I believe.

Dubs should name the score on paper but they've been bad in their openers of late.

You guys should subscribe to the Athletic if you haven’t already, their insight and overall quality of journalism is unmatched and so so so so easily worth 50 dollars a year.

Great article on OKC about how they’ve focused hard this preseason and how roles are much more tangible and less weird than the team they had to field on the fly last year with Melo deal coming so close to the season. George apparently stepping up as a leader and young guys following suit.

Motivationally they should hang tomorrow, you guys can try and talk yourselves into why the Warriors are gonna care a lot more this year but i’ll pay to see it.

I'm just about having a starting number here.

I know GSW way to well to be laying DD's. Always live bet them.

Here I am just setting up a middle.

No I definitely hear you - wasn’t really responding directly to your play. Just a trending notion that the warriors are going to care a lot more.

Gsw should blow them out, I mean other than PG and Schroeder who do they have if Russ, Roberson, and Adams are out? I’d gsw keeps their foot on the gas this is blowout city

Boston/Phily intrigues me. Boston tough to bet bc we don’t know how Stevens is gonna mix and match his lineups w Hayward and Kyrie back. Might take a bit to gel.

Maybe Gs 1st half?
No idea honestly.

Ring nights are always interesting.

I played the game to have the number. I will middle at some point and have a fairly confident plan of getting 7-8 points at least. If not more.

You guys should subscribe to the Athletic if you haven’t already, their insight and overall quality of journalism is unmatched and so so so so easily worth 50 dollars a year.

Great article on OKC about how they’ve focused hard this preseason and how roles are much more tangible and less weird than the team they had to field on the fly last year with Melo deal coming so close to the season. George apparently stepping up as a leader and young guys following suit.

Motivationally they should hang tomorrow, you guys can try and talk yourselves into why the Warriors are gonna care a lot more this year but i’ll pay to see it.
Absolutely the best sports site.

Betting every game over would probably work. Maybe not in Utah with GS coming in but seriously do you see Milwaukee and the Hornets not hitting 220

Houston minus 1.5. Houston minus 2.5 minor problem for Rick 8.36 ERA based on 14 innings with the ump and Morton 1.85 on 6 and loves the night. Morton 3.33 ERA 24.1 innings with ump

Last edited:
Read this at a Memphis blog
It is going to be a low-scoring affair, as most Grizzlies wins will be this season, but Mike Conley will score over 20 points and Memphis will win their third straight opening game of a season.
Sounds like a non uptempo team

What's everyone's favorite play of the day in any on the sports/games we have going on?

I'm not too keen on betting road teams but I like Minnesota tonight. Pop is Pop but that Spurs roster is doo doo, might be a week or 2 for books to catch up to how bad they are

Mostly just thinking. Tend to like Toronto. Refs like chalk and that Toronto team in the past liked Wednesdays and revenge

Very unsure on Utah. They should be able to do it but refs not so good. Not clear yet to me how GS coming in will affect Utah but just based on power they should be able to do it

I'm not too keen on betting road teams but I like Minnesota tonight. Pop is Pop but that Spurs roster is doo doo, might be a week or 2 for books to catch up to how bad they are
Tend to agree d-woww

Tough game there. Who the heck knows Minnesota mindset?

Bucks Hornets over was 217 all day yesterday but now 221... And very warranted IMO. I will be looking for the right opportunity to bet that LIVE.

How are the Spurs worse than last year?

They added DeRozen, Leonard didn’t play. Belinelli will be good, too.

Looks like Blazers open -2.5 in LeBron’s Lakers debut tomorrow night. Gotta like Portland, no?

No Manu and no Murray for the Spurs is two huge losses. And Lebron coming over to LA also weakens the Spurs relative to the rest of the conference.

Reactions: kr7
Back