Week of November 1st Plays and Analysis Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
53-36-2 +39.80 units

Pretty good week last week. I did step out on Alabama and am very happy I did. Line was off big-time obviously. Still don't know what the hell Bob was thinking. They got a FG(Tenny) off a fumbled punt and a late garbage score. The team is just not good. See ya fat Phil. Michigan ML and side play didn't work out. Very dissapointed in how this defense gives up so many big plays. Through it all they had a chance being up in second half but "little brother" got a Mouse off their backs and should get a nice bowl game. Thought we would get that OSU game. In a low-scoring battle like that though you have to win the turnover battle. Minnesota, Kent and Oregon were all easy winners. Each game I won was an easy one. Thats always nice. So, got through the month of October pretty well. Last few years I have discipline myself enough in the tough part of season. Very happy.

No write-ups yet. Mentioned in some thread, not feeling great plsu much busier with the association tipping off tonight. I will be around the rest of the weekdays though and at night. Have a pretty open schedule for the next 4 days, which is nice.

Georgia +5.5 -110 3 units
Iowa +2 -110 2 units
South Carolina -6 -110 4 units
South Carolina -5 -110
East Carolina -3 -120 2 units
Minnesota -7 -110 2 units
Louisville -14 -110 2 units

Couple quick tidbits:

No, this isn't a straight fade of Tennessee, although that startegy would merit consideration of this game as well.

Iowa would have been a bit bigger. Wanted an Illinois win last week in Madison though. That being said, still think its correct side.

Venturing outta my territory of the past 3-4 weeks or so and playing a game not on Saturday. Sunday night gamewith ECU-UCF. Kooky.

Georgia, am suprised at this line.

Back with more thoughts later tonight. Do not anticpate more than a few adds if any.

Last edited:
Hey Counselor, wanna give us a weather update for the minnesota game this wknd?

There's a Windsor front moving in and it will be very drunk outside...

But the dome will be 72-degrees and cozy...hopefully we get 50k considering the recent success, homecoming, and cooler weather setting in (so less-attractive outdoor activities for options)

There's a Windsor front moving in and it will be very drunk outside...

But the dome will be 72-degrees and cozy...hopefully we get 50k considering the recent success, homecoming, and cooler weather setting in (so less-attractive outdoor activities for options)

Excellent answer! Good luck to you and your Gophers this weekend.<!-- / message -->

Is it just me or does Minny just call out as a play? NW's RB is out and Bacher got hurt last game. Minny at home. Under 7 looks like a gift.

Is it just me or does Minny just call out as a play? NW's RB is out and Bacher got hurt last game. Minny at home. Under 7 looks like a gift.

Just through some thoughts in ETG's thread. This team has created a ton of Turn overs this year. They have revenge from a OT loss last year where they gave up a 14-17 pt lead in the 3rd quarter.

There offense can score points, but there defense has been the catalyst of there success.

It's homecoming here, and with our recent success, I wouldnt be surprised to see the Dome more packed for this game, than the one on Sunday.

look good, bro. against ya in the big game though, like i mentioned earlier.

i'll get my thread up eventually, but this is what i've played so far...
TAMU (-3)
Scary (-6)
Florida (-6)
TT (+4)
FSU (+2)
Oregon St (-14)

i was kinda late getting to these, so ended up with some bad lines...texas tech and the beavers, mostly.

anyways...much of the same thoughts with scary/tenny.
and whenever i'm able to get my thread up this week, i'll give my full take on florida.
briefly though, my topics about the game will be..."neutral" location, big time revenge, the health of both sides, the trenches, overall productivity on both sides, a very recent common opponent in lsu, and so forth...not to mention a HC that plays with the spread in mind, lol.
still kicking myself for not playing uga last week, because i felt i lost the line...but it's the opposite this week, in many ways (imho).

RJ - Minny -6 is a huge gift. I'm not sure what Vegas is thinking at all with this line, especially with the ?'s at NW and their performance last week. I had this capped at MN -13.5 to -15 and wouldn't be surprised if the offense breaks out of a slump and wins by 17+. Turning into a Play of the Day for me.

east carolina game completely off my radar.

haven't looked hard at it ... spot play, fundamental play or line value play ??

Would like to hear what you are thinking.

Kyle,

Its not a straight fade Central Florida but it really could be. This team is horrible. Yes they had a 19 point 2nd quarter against Tulsa..but hey thats Tulsa. One big play was huge in that. This team still did not break 200 yards total offense in that game. Tulsa's defense doesn't exactly evoke memories of "heyday" blackshirts. This is after the Miami gme a few weeks ago where they scored zero points on offense and couldn't break 100 yards in offense. This is a bad, bad offensive football team. I won't go back to much into the season because I already did that prior to the game against the Hurricanes(Miami).

Two positives for East Carolina VK. One, they got their losing streak broken two weeks ago. That is big mentally imo. I prolly may have not been able to back them here if not for that. Also, they had a bye week. So, they have had two good weeks of good vibes after the rough stretch. This is also big. Team stands at 4-3 record wise and needs a conference win, not to mention a win period as we start postitioning for bowl bids.

What scares me? Sunday night game. I really seem to despise these games..lol. First one in awhile. I see a lot of people jumping on UCF right before game as well. We'll see.

Still like it a lot.

I'm likin' Georgia as well... I think its funny to hear people (espn experts for example) say Florida has revenge on their mind from the Touchdown celebration last year. If I'm not mistaken that was the first score of the game, and Florida had "that" whole game to get revenge? Just a thought... I think UGA is the better team overall, and just because their offense isn't as flashy, doesn't mean its not as effective. It should be a close game either way IMO, and for a team as good as UGA to be catching nearly a TD on a neutral field, I gotta like getting the points.

GL sir :shake:

awesome yr bud, against ya on UGA, but if Scary don't cover this week, I will offer up my sister for slavery, just for you.

Updated first window.

No need to explain Iowa really. Ben going with this team or weeks and we said so as much last week. Excellent matchup. Saw a stat on BTN last night that they are averaging near double rushing yards as last year. Greene is a beast and he should control this matchup. Stanzi has gotten better and gets a weak secondary to go at as well.

Everything you have ever wanted to hear about UL-Cuse is in Kyles thread. Those guys definetly got me to cross the line. Was waiting for a move down perhaps but didn't get it so locked in before Bobert fucks it up.

Minnesota is another great play I think. Offense looked average last week but what continues to impress is that defense. Nwestern defense, not so much. I think the Minny guys expect a pretty nice crowd up at the Dome on Saturday. Should help immensely. Nwestern injuries also come into play.

Just remembered I layed one additional unit with Scary last night when it hit 5(same time I played Minnesota). Love this game. Tennessee loses the o-line vs d-line battle badly. Now, Scary is prone to sacks but UT defense just has't got it right now. They also have to be frustrated with the never getting help from offense. No critical turnovers and this one isn't close. If Tennessee scores over 7 I will be very suprised.

BAR - can only argue the Georgia play, BOL to ya! Nice record, units are looking nice.

BAR - can only argue the Georgia play, BOL to ya! Nice record, units are looking nice.

dankya

I know I am in minority here. Need to look at it again and I know I have a few trying to get me off this game. TBD.

:shake:

Bar, just fyiSC has worked very hard are trying to fix the pass protection this week during the bye, they might get some help from Tennessee though..........Two of Tennessee?s top defensive lineman - Dan Williams and Wes Brown - have not practiced this week and are not expected to play much, if at all, this weekend.

Bar, just fyiSC has worked very hard are trying to fix the pass protection this week during the bye, they might get some help from Tennessee though..........Two of Tennessee?s top defensive lineman - Dan Williams and Wes Brown - have not practiced this week and are not expected to play much, if at all, this weekend.

Dan Williams would be huge loss too. Been one of the best DT's in the SEC this year and been in opponents backfields all year. DT is also the position with the least depth on Tennessee's roster. I'll be on South Carolina as well.

Last edited:
If the temperature is above 30 degrees Florida wins at Georgia. Anything under 30, they lose. That's it in a nutshell. I would play the Florida ML today ;)

Back