Week of 8/21 Baseball Discussion

Tough spot for Nationals who traveled home after extra inning gm in Houston, and prob didn't arrive until wee hours. Dusty hinted that they are a tired team right now, and set the stage for resting some players tonight (Zimmerman and Murphy) in his post game presser. Degrom nice numbers vs. Wash hitters historically, and his three starts this year vs. Wash 20.2 ip, 6er, 28k, 9bb, 2.61 era, 1.26 whip and Mets 2-1 in those games.

Gary Sanchez gonna get earholed minimum of 5 times in the next month...just a hunch

SD 4-12 road vs. LH's, hitting .222 and scoring 3.7 r/9. SD is 8-7-1 over the total in those games.

Marlins 7-3 SU L10 gms, hitting .275 and scoring 5.93 r/9. Marlins 6-4 over the total in those gms.

Twins 6-11 road vs. LH's, hitting .218 and scoring 3.61 r/9. Twins 8-9 over the total in those games.

New York Mets
Player
AVG HR RBI
BRANDON NIMMO RF .264 0 3
JUAN LAGARES CF .246 2 8
YOENIS CESPEDES LF .292 17 42
ASDRUBAL CABRERA 3B .253 9 35
DOMINIC SMITH 1B .174 3 5
TRAVIS D'ARNAUD C .232 10 38
AMED ROSARIO SS .256 3 7
GAVIN CECCHINI 2B .280 1 2
J DEGROM -R P .000 0 0
Washington Nationals
Player
AVG HR RBI
ANDREW STEVENSON RF .179 0 0
ADRIAN SANCHEZ 3B .000 0 0
DANIEL MURPHY 2B .320 20 81
ADAM LIND 1B .291 9 42
WILMER DIFO SS .274 4 17
MICHAEL TAYLOR CF .263 12 36
ALEJANDRO DE AZA LF .000 0 0
JOSE LOBATON C .158 4 9
A COLE -R P .000 0 0

Clev 9-12 home vs. LH's, hitting .251 scoring 4.94 r/9. Clev is 8-11-2 over in those games.

I expect the tigers young bucks to have a hell of a game today. JV lots of attention should bring his A game or get destroyed from staying up all night on twitter reading about his tiff with Vmart. No in between. I already played Tigers over 4.5 and the RL

Was considering Angels despite a big Houston Days edge. If their little warrior is out pretty bad. Gattis is back today. Will wait and see line ups

Tough spot for Nationals who traveled home after extra inning gm in Houston, and prob didn't arrive until wee hours. Dusty hinted that they are a tired team right now, and set the stage for resting some players tonight (Zimmerman and Murphy) in his post game presser. Degrom nice numbers vs. Wash hitters historically, and his three starts this year vs. Wash 20.2 ip, 6er, 28k, 9bb, 2.61 era, 1.26 whip and Mets 2-1 in those games.
Thanks for saving my night DOC... as always

leans of over and Boston today. Over ump. Gausman on 6 3-8 lifetime and over 10 ERA this season. Rodriquez seems to win on 4 th on a short sample history with ump on low sample. May stick with bet on over.

If I do not get Boston over after 5 runs in the second by Baltimore I may take a day off

2 small bets
Mild fade of Gray
1-11 last 12 on the road.
Career 6.10 day ERA
Folty back on 5 and ump who last 3 years has favored home dogs.
Reds. Taillion is in the day which is good for him. They gave him the wrong catcher over 6 ERA. He has tired me out and I just want to say goodbye.

Last night Dodgers RL
Thinking about Yanks RL
Seattle pitcher seems weak but assumption that Tanaka is ok in the Day? Probably small

I believe Houston CAN win today but at least 3 negatives.
Hurricane and Morton in the day lead the issue.

houston

Played Pitt/Cin over 9.5, Taillon not been sharp in L3 and Reds have hit him very well this year. Reds raking at the plate over L10, .266 6.24 r/9. Mahle gets first start and has done well at AAA level, but Red pen is always vulnerable. Kellogg behind the dish helps, and GAB a nice over venue.

Played Pitt/Cin over 9.5, Taillon not been sharp in L3 and Reds have hit him very well this year. Reds raking at the plate over L10, .266 6.24 r/9. Mahle gets first start and has done well at AAA level, but Red pen is always vulnerable. Kellogg behind the dish helps, and GAB a nice over venue.

Agree. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck to us.

This is very good

Astros activated RHP Will Harris from the 10-day disabled list.

Harris has been plagued by shoulder issues since the All-Star break but is ready to give it a go again. He'll work in a setup role as long as he appears healthy.

Morton seems to have bad history with ump. Houston is a very strong Sunday team but watching

I believe the last 9 games between Washington and Miami there was no score in the first inning

red sox have not lost 5 in a row all season and i believe they have only lost 4 in a row twice....that being said their bats have been very quiet wrisp...possible under

Interesting feature Boston and Angels playing before their major Days of week. Boston though in a major playoff hunt

Early side leans
Cubs
Atlanta
Miami
Oakland
Already bet Padres
Some interest in Baltimore

Major lean to Atlanta is team is 10-0 last 10 after being shutout and Nola a mystery right now

Back