week 9 NCAA plays

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
horrible week last week..

playing 1 to 2 games a week here on out..it's what worked for me in years past and I'm going back to it.

Arizona State Sun Devils

-3 at -110 for 5 units

CAL is not a good football team right now, they get penalized often and the defense is BAD. They are a "sexy" team with jackson and a good offense and get a little too much respect from vegas becasue of that. Longshore isn't 100% and Forsett is dinged a little. Plus, they have a horrid FG kicker.

ASU is the most underrated team in the top 10. This team is for real. They have good RB depth to offset Torrain's absence. Carpenter is quite possibly the best QB in the PAC 10 and Erickson is a helluva halftime coach. I like Erickson and ASU off the bye and at home here BIG.

GL all.

Recap of week 9 plays:
ASU -3...5 units
OSU -3.5...2 units
Kansas -2.5...1 unit
Georgia +8.5...1 unit
Illinois/Ball State O59.5...1 unit

Last edited:
Definitely considering Kansas this week. Zona St. seems like a solid side as well - Cali didn't look great against UCLA.

GL this week Hunt.

Fondy, I responded in your thread.

I know I said I wouldn't play anymore..well this is too good to pass up.

Ohio State Buckeyes -3.5 at -110 for 2 units

Talked to BAR about this one a while ago..I believe it is shaping up to be he and fondy's play of the year so far..I have been capping with these guys for years and they know their B10 football along with jump...i got to ride with my fellas..

OSU has the best defense in the land..don't let that MSU score fool you. MSU scored 1 offensive TD late..the other two were defensive. Morelli will be pounded into submission and the bucks take this one.

I wish I could get tOSU at 3 and will hit it again if it goes to 3...

Understand that you think CAL is overrated and asu underrated and i agree that erickson with an extra week is pretty tough. Was wondering how you think the game plays out though. how cal will move the ball or be stopped and vice versa for asu. I have not been impressed with ASU other than their last game vs wahington as i think they were outplayed by both oregon state and washington state in victory. Still trying to cap this game out and since you are finished was just wondering how you see it playing out.

As always , good luck this week. also do you have any other leans at this point that you are considering ?

Fondy, I responded in your thread.

I know I said I wouldn't play anymore..well this is too good to pass up.

Ohio State Buckeyes -3.5 at -110 for 2 units

Talked to BAR about this one a while ago..I believe it is shaping up to be he and fondy's play of the year so far..I have been capping with these guys for years and they know their B10 football along with jump...i got to ride with my fellas..

OSU has the best defense in the land..don't let that MSU score fool you. MSU scored 1 offensive TD late..the other two were defensive. Morelli will be pounded into submission and the bucks take this one.

I wish I could get tOSU at 3 and will hit it again if it goes to 3...
Good shit dude..

MSU didn't score any offensive TD's..they had 17 total and both TD's were the defensive ones on back to back plays....

tOSU's D has given up 1 TD in 4 big ten games...it was at Purdue w/ ten secs left.

thanks for the clarification jump...even better. I forgot that it was just the FG.

thanks pags..gl to you too bro.

VK-CAL struggles against balanced offenses especially teams that can run. ASU is 3 deep at RB even without Torrain. CAL is the Illinois of the PAC 10 with the penalties.

I don't think Longshore is 100% either and this is huge. I like ASU's defense, they ae quick and they swarm to the ball, very well coached team that can tackle.

I think they did get outplayed by WSU on the road, but they dominated OSU in the second half...bottom line is this season it's all about the W, and this team finds ways to win.

This is a homecoming game at night, coming off a bye and Erickson is a great halftime coach.

I think CAL will definitely be able to move the ball on ASU, but Longshore will have to be 100%. ASU's RB depth will eventually wear CAL out and in the second half, ASU will do what they want on offense...I think it will be high scoring in the first half, then the game will settle in.

Be careful on that PSU/OSU game...

Its not out of the realm of possibility that the PSU defense pounds OSU into submission. Theyre pretty good themselves...especially at home...and especially at home at night...

That place will be ridiculous, its their season

I understand smoke...it could happen that way too..it will be a great game. It will be a wild atmosphere. I just think OSU is the better team right now, but this season has been crazy.

I agree...with any luck, that OSU defense will be so smothering that theyll smother Morelli right on out of the game on the first drive...

The Morelli factor is definitely reason 1, 2 and 3 as to why Id be on OSU...

I just dont like the hook and Ive seen PSU at home with that crowd...its unlike anywhere else in the country and I dont think OSUs offense has scared anyone (hell have they even played anyone??) this year...

Looking forward to any write-up on the Ohio St - Penn St game; I'm personally not feeling an Ohio St play here...

A better Michigan team went into Happy Valley last year to play a Penn St team that wasn't as good as this year's version...and won by a TD. I made this game Pik myself. GL.

smoke, has PSU played anyone either? wisconsin we have found out is overrated and PSU lost to Michigan, although it was on the road...we could use this argument for a lot of teams. I do know that OSU already has gone into some hostile environments this year and won handily. Purdue at night and at Washington.

They will be prepared for this game, and not intimidated.

Horses, It's a tough game that will be low scoring. I just think OSU has the better rb's, better playcalling, better coach and better defense, although PSU d has been dominant at home.

OSU D has faced 4 teams that have a better offense than PSU in the big 10. I thought OSU's first true test was against a good MSU team and they just dismantled them. PSU hasn't shown me it can do that. I will never take a team based solely on homefield either. GL bro.

Ok, I've lost it...keep adding shit, but I think this is the last one for now.

Purely situational play

UGA +8.5 at -110 for 1 unit

Love UGA coming off a bye going into the cocktail party. Remember this is on a neutral field. TOo many points for a rivalry game and UF coming off a huge game against KY.

Love the georgia addition and thanks for the extra detail on why you like ASU. Great stuff and good luck this week hunt !

Gl this week Hunt. Im on tOSU with ya and thinking about adding the Sun Devils

thanks a lot fellas..appreciate it!

I can't stay away...

Adding:

Illinois/Ball State over 59.5 for 1 unit at -110

Nate Davis is the best kept secret in CFB, he will throw for 300 yards at least in this game. Illinois can't stop the pass, Ball can't stop the illini rushing attack. Should be a wild one.

thanks a lot fellas..appreciate it!

I can't stay away...

Adding:

Illinois/Ball State over 59.5 for 1 unit at -110

Nate Davis is the best kept secret in CFB, he will throw for 300 yards at least in this game. Illinois can't stop the pass, Ball can't stop the illini rushing attack. Should be a wild one.

Love it - on it as well - GL Hunt. :cheers:

No doubt Kyle...Hunt was money this week...

thats how I taught him...keep SEMCON reppin ;)

Back