Week 9 Discussion Thread

Reading from the Gold Sheet "Special Ticker"

"Baylor OL was without two starters Saturday at Texas as C Newman-Johnson and LT Galvin were both out for undisclosed reasons. Baylor ran for just 64 yards, after gaining only 27 yards at West Virginia. QB Brewer has been sacked 7x times in the last 2 games."

Anyone know an update here for the TCU game?

Sounds like Baylor OL will have their guys back this week:

COHESION IN OFFENSIVE LINE: In the first three games, Baylor hasn't come close to having consistency with a starting five from week to week. Senior center Xavier Newman-Johnson has only played one game, while left tackle Connor Galvin missed last week's Texas game. This will be the first time all year that the offensive line has had a full week of working together and getting ready for a game. That could make a huge difference in just each player knowing who's lining up next to them and how they work together for combo blocks and pass protection. "There really isn't a position group that needs more cohesion and kind of a collective mind than (the offensive line)," head coach Dave Aranda said.

Matt Robinson will start, he has experience, but isn't good really. Starting C Doug Kramer out. Lovie just said they have their entire defense this week.

I am still going to play Illinois for a little as the spread goes up. If Peters was going to play like he did last week I don't think I'd want him. Kramer being out is just as big if not bigger really.

Back