Week 9 Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
I think GT has advantage with option vs young VT D and new d-coordinator. Down to +3. This game is tonight (Thursday)

9.5 feels like a lot of points for Ducks in Zona

Tenny/SC has been great for the dog. Tenny is +7.5 at SC. Which version of Guarantano will we get?

Michigan State D gotta be zapped after Mich. May be getting a boost in the secondary tho. Offense still looks very problematic with health. Will Lombardi start at QB.
Purdue in quite the let-down spot, how do they respond.

Hoos are rolling, looking great. Not sure about the dd spread but look reliable in a ml parlay

Injury problems for USC but bettors still driving their line up vs Az State.

Huskies still seem to be as overrated and overvalued as ever

I really look to bet dogs first, so i'm looking at Tenny, Cal, Zona, maybe Sun Devils

Thanks you too Ryno.

I was just trying to raise some talking points. It's so quiet around these parts...let's get pumped for the weekend! :)

I feel like a total square for liking USF, but I like it.

Count me with everyone who thinks USF kinda sucks relative to the results they've been getting...ugly games vs ILL and ECU in Sept, ugliness continues at Tulsa and vs UConn. Yuck! I'm equally not high on Houston's D (Oliver may or may not play?) - USF has weapons, if passing game is on the same page and Crockrite gets some room I have a hard time seeing UH just shutting them down. Can USF D hold UH in check? Don't know. Just seems like alot of pts...9...it's almost like everyone has seen USF play bad and waited to bet against them to lose but laying 9 you are giving a premium in taking UH vs them it looks to me. How many picks will Barnett throw?

Texas A&M now -1. Strange to see Miss St favored all week, only reason to take them would be total contrarian play to me. Game scares me, like if you ask 100 people who wins this game ,something like 95 would probably say A&M yet the line?

Hawaii slumping and Fresno remains tough - just wondering what kind of Os that Fresno D has been facing. NM and WYO are O challenged. Played Nevada with a backup QB making first ever start and first real action (51% 4.5ypa 0-3 ratio). Toledo's #1 QB was 6-10-59-1-0 when he got hurt it was just an 8 pt game in the 2nd qrt. Backup comes in to face first IA opponent and passes just 47%. UCLA, Min, Idaho....just looking at the problems Hawaii could present the Bulldogs here - feels like spread is really high. Have to figure Fresno will get theirs, but won't Hawaii be able to hit mid 20s pretty easily and perhaps higher?

Huskies still seem to be as overrated and overvalued as ever

Washington only avg 28.6 ppg, 8 pts less per game than last year. Avg just 26 ppg 2018 if you take out the game vs IAA ND. Beat CU by 14...loss in OT at Ducks, beat UCLA by 7, nice game vs BYU 35-7, beat AzSt by 7, tough win at Utah 21-7....just not really much to get excited about with this team. The D is still good, but not scary good. Cal had a get well game vs Oregon St last week, their O had been turning it over like it was cool....UW did dominate them last year in Seattle and in ways feel like Cal was better team last year. Cal was 4-0 ATS, 2-2 SU as home dog 2017, 0-1 this year (18 pt loss to Ore). UW 3-5 ATS as away fav last 2 years. It it plays out like every UW PAC12 game, it will be competitive, avg margin of victory vs PAC12 is just 9 pts. Even against Utah, Utes blew plenty of chances.

Should UMass really be road favored? Sure UConn bad, but UMass has allowed 50 pts 4x this year...just like UConn.

Ford is out, Comis has played alot of football though.

UConn rush O with Pindell and Mensah figures to have alot of success. Huskies showed some positive signs last week vs USF. UMass upset by improving Coastal Carolina team where they only scored 13 pts, rare for their O to struggle, usually it is the D for them.

Just weird, I feel like I would probably like UConn if they were small fav here and they are small dog instead, at home.

Less than 2 hours til KO and nobody discussing.

Miss St favored again now, somebody betting them. Where is that thing that tells the ticket % and money % on each game?

Im still pissed and surprised Rozier played qb for miami last night. Im done with coach richt. He has always been terrible. I thought dakari was playing,

best wager in the early time sloot imo was nailed by BC, not trying to steal his pick. Under in east lansing. it was 47.5 but now at 49.5 ill bite

Bobby Petrino is a cancer. I look forward to his death.

Alot of history between WF and LV - wakeyleaks!

WF played a great game last year vs them. Would like to think that WF can win again this year although WF D isn't is as good of a position this year.

On Ville tt, will not go against the back to back FSU/Ville play no matter how shitty said teams are

got no feel for spartan game, want purdue but scared

If we pretended last week didn't happen, Purdue didn't play OSU, MSU didn't face Mich who would you like? I think I will have a small Purdue play just on the better team and the better coaching staff without trying to gauge the effects of last week. Line value isn't there though.

Alot of history between WF and LV - wakeyleaks!

WF played a great game last year vs them. Would like to think that WF can win again this year although WF D isn't is as good of a position this year.

WF defense since Bates got injured then left has been straight garbage

No value in NW but interesting against Wiscy pass D that lost 4 of 6 d backs and hasn‘t really been tested this year

What do you mean KJ? I didnt understand
WF played FSU last week, can't convince me they weren't jacked for that, probably the super bowl type game on their schedule every year. Now Ville the next week, might be their 2nd biggest game (when they see the schedule). I get rivalries and understand UNC and NCSU are rivals, but FSU and Ville are national brands. My thinking is the defense got pretty beat up against FSU naturally, think Ville might hang half a hundred on em today

Looking at some summertime GOY lines, Miss St was -4, now -1.5...only 2.5 pt move given that Miss St O has gone away and aTm has exceeded expectations? I continue to be leary of that one.

Other GOY lines:

Clemson -10
Texas -2
Wisconsin -13.5
Georiga -13.5
Notre Dame -14.5

Back