Week 9: Battle of Bull Run with Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
YTD: 33-37

Took Buffalo at pk last night. Still not sure if Alex Neutz is going to play but on twitter it sounded like he was going to be ready. Kent will be starting a banged up QB and has a star DL in Nix with a bad back. Durham has been wearing a no contact jersey in practice so he is less than 100 percent as well. They really are pretty dependent on Dri Archer to win games for them at this point. Oliver for the Bulls has been rumbling lately and they can't afford a loss today with their MAC East aspirations.
Buffalo's defense has some big play guys led by Mack and I think they can keep one guy from beating them.
I also see a pretty big edge in the kicking game with Buffalo considering that Kent lost their first string punter and FG kicker for the year. The back up FG kicker is shaky and that is something to consider when the spread is pick em.
I just think the Bulls establish the running game and play some hard nosed defense and win this one 23-14 or so.

Play: Buffalo pk for 2 units

Sat card:
ga. Tech -9.5 for 1 unit (-120) W
Buffalo pk for 2 unit W
Houston TT over 27 for 1.5 units -115 W
Beavers over 56 for 1 unit
Ball pk/Ohio u ov 40.5/Buckeyes -6.5 for 1 unit -120
Ville -9.5 2h for 1 unit W
Ok -6.5 for 1 unit -115 W
Baylor TT over 50 for 1.5 units -125 W
Fresno St -6.5 for 1 unit
Fresno TT ov 36.5 for 1 unit -120

Last edited:
So the #5 rushing attack comes into Charlottesville today to face Va and the 54th best run defense. In terms of stopping the run, the Cavs have got smoked by Oregon, shut down Pitt and given up 135 to 185 vs Byu, Duke, Ball St, Maryland. Byu it was 5.72 a carry by the way, the others around 4. But except for Byu no 14, not good run offenses there with duke 52, Maryland 76, ballst 93. My point is that I think they are much worse than 52 in run defense, it's more a function of who they faced.
Another stat that stood out to me is that Va is no 1 in the country in getting stops on third down. Think about that for a minute. A 2-5 team that is no 1 in that stat. It must be playing into their "success" a great deal...meaning keeping them in games they eventually lose. Paul Johnson's whole offense is built around getting the third down to four yards or less and he often will just go for it on fourth and short. I think Ga Tech will convert at their average 52 percent or better on third down which is DOUBLE the rate Va usually gives up. That means Va is gonna get ground down by GT. And Tech off a 56-0 beating of Cuse whole Va has lost four straight. And I get Paul Johnson to make in game adjustments and Va has London. Tech out gained Va by 300 yards last year in winning by 36. Not sure we see as big a blowout, but I think something similar happens today on the order of 41-20.

Play: Rambling Wreck -9.5 for 1 unit -120

All I know is Mia got an ass whooping coming from that disaster in oxford last year and that stinker they laid out last time at home on homecoming

Yeah if our run D wasn't pathetic I would lay the 26. I don't see how we dont get 40, hence the over

I know Houston hasn't played anybody but they hung 46 on BYU last week, and have scored 22 or more every game. They have shown to be big play offense and face the 119 pass D team today with Rutgers. SMU and Fresno have hung 50 on Butgers. Just need 28 out of Houston today.
Play: Houston ov 27 team total for 1.5 units -115

Thanks Silk...

Played a super sucker 10 pt teaser with Ball pk, Ohio/Miami ov 40.5 and Buckeyes -6.5 for 1 unit.

If you can get a Team Total on Ohio then take the over. Hard to see them letting up today vs the hated rivals who ruined their year last season. My guy doesn't have MAC TT until MACtion starts...

Houston hits in first half...

ADD:

Louieville -9.5 2H for 1 unit. SFla hasn't had an offensive TD in 10 quarters and the starting QB just got carried off the field. LV rolls in 2h

Alex Neutz ‏<s>@</s>neutzy <small class="time">2h </small> Game day...another chance to play with these dudes I love so much...

YTD: 33-37

Took Buffalo at pk last night. Still not sure if Alex Neutz is going to play but on twitter it sounded like he was going to be ready. Kent will be starting a banged up QB and has a star DL in Nix with a bad back. Durham has been wearing a no contact jersey in practice so he is less than 100 percent as well. They really are pretty dependent on Dri Archer to win games for them at this point. Oliver for the Bulls has been rumbling lately and they can't afford a loss today with their MAC East aspirations.
Buffalo's defense has some big play guys led by Mack and I think they can keep one guy from beating them.
I also see a pretty big edge in the kicking game with Buffalo considering that Kent lost their first string punter and FG kicker for the year. The back up FG kicker is shaky and that is something to consider when the spread is pick em.
I just think the Bulls establish the running game and play some hard nosed defense and win this one 23-14 or so.

Play: Buffalo pk for 2 units

Sat card:
ga. Tech -9.5 for 1 unit (-120)
Buffalo pk for 2 unit
Houston TT over 27 for 1.5 units -115
Beavers over 56 for 1 unit
Ball pk/Ohio u ov 40.5/Buckeyes -6.5 for 1 unit -120
Ville -9.5 2h for 1 unit

I love it when a plan comes together...good looks card

GL my friend

Alex Neutz ‏<s>@</s>neutzy <small class="time">2h</small> Game day...another chance to play with these dudes I love so much...

:angry2:[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<thead>[TR]
[TH]REC[/TH]
[TH]YDS[/TH]
[TH]AVG[/TH]
[TH]TD[/TH]
[TH]LG[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR="class: even"]
[TD="align: left"]Alex Neutz[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]75[/TD]
[TD]25.0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]49[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

:cheers:

:angry2:[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH]REC[/TH]
[TH]YDS[/TH]
[TH]AVG[/TH]
[TH]TD[/TH]
[TH]LG[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="align: left"]Alex Neutz[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]75[/TD]
[TD]25.0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]49[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

:cheers:

he stretches the field for Oliver so much...doesn't always show up in the box score

Back