Week 8 What Are We Learning

Its about time for a Jets rant. This game played out as I expected which I expressed in the other thread. Once again a Jets coaching staff was completely outclassed against New England.

The Jets went from looking like a playoff team most of the first half to looking like the same old loser franchise they have been for more than a decade from the start of the second half showing they have no ability to make any adjustments. Saleh is Rex Ryan 2.0 and this team is going nowhere with him as coach.

As usual with this franchise the QB will absorb all of the blame and Zach Wilson definitely did not do his job but he looks completely uncoached with the awful footwork leading to big interceptions. If you watch this guy play you can see the obvious talent but the fundamentals are still lacking and for that I blame the OC Lafleur as well as the QB coach. No organization knows how to ruin young QBs like this one and I can see it happening again unless they shock me and go out and get Sean Payton and throw Saleh and Lafleur out like the losers they are.

You don't draft a QB number two overall and give him this kind of coaching. As we see time and time again where a QB ends up can be the difference between success and failure. I completely believe if Mahomes or Allen were drafted by the Jets or Lions we would most likely be calling them busts.

The Jets have far more talent on their roster than New England but one team has a great coach and the other has a clown as OC and head coach. It infuriates me watching this team be in the process of ruining a very talented young QB. Wake up Woody Johnson and spend the money to bring in Sean Payton or run the risk of ruining Zach Wilson who is in fact the key to success.

While on the subject of coaches can Detroit move on from meathead Dan and in over his head DC Aaron Glenn. Why is it the same franchises just never get it right. As much as I criticize the Jets they look like a model organization compared to the nonsense year in year out in Detroit.

The Ford family just needs to get out of the way and sell to someone competent which is exactly what I would want to see Woody do with the Jets. The success and failure of any franchise begins with solid ownership and its obvious which franchises are owned by incompetents.

I heard ahead of this weekend that divisional game unders were hitting at 76%! I believe they split yesterday with the Ohio matchup tonight.

How I rank them right now (non-scientific and not capping just my eyeballs)

NFC
1. San Francisco
2. Eagles
3. Dallas
4. Vikings
5. Tampa Bay
Pretenders: Giants, Falcons and Seahawks
Niners look like the team to beat in this conference in my opinion, at least for now. Giants are complete pretenders though they will likely make the playoffs as are the seahawks who will not make the playoffs. I think Dallas and Philadelphia are about the same. I expect Vikings to slump in November before regaining momentum. Tampa could be a reach at this spot and a healthy Saints team could be there or if the Rams find their game. That offense just looks really predictable right now.

AFC
1. Buffalo
2. Kansas City
3. Baltimore
4. Bengals
5. Tie: Dolphins, Chargers, Titans
Pretenders: Jets, Patriots

Obviously have to like the Bills and Chiefs as a step above the rest. I have Ravens and Bengals in the next tier. After that I have Dolphins, Chargers and Titans mixed in with the Dolphins explosive offense, the Titans defense and the Chargers balanced but really injured (I think they are a really good team when healthy).

Favorite Storylines:

1. Eagles and Hurts - I am a big Hurts fan from his Alabama days and just think a lot of him. I like the way that team plays and they seem to play together well and like one another. Easy while you are winning but it is fun to watch. I think they are overachieving vs a weak schedule and may not even end up winning that division when all is said and done but it is my favorite storyline so far this year.

2. Tom Brady divorcing winning. I just think it is interesting how this team can move the ball and not score and watching as Tom Brady has lost a little of his Mojo at long last.

3. Seahawks vs Broncos - After the Wilson to Denver activity it is really kind of funny to watch this. I would probably give the Seahawks coach my early vote for Coach of the Year and I have very little respect for that man. But what he is accomplishing with that roster is remarkable.

4. The end of an era - Wilson struggling, Rodgers struggling, Brady struggling, rapistberger gone, brees gone, manning long gone, etc. .... Fun seeing Allen, Mahomes, Tua Herbert Lamar Burrow and the likes taking the torch.

Why is it the same franchises just never get it right.
This is an easy answer…ownership and the top brass of these franchises. It’s been a thing for forever…if you have a horrible owner, the same shitty hires and mistakes will continue to be made. The examples are countless, but it would be fun to go back and see how horrible some franchises were run until a new owner came in and magically things got better.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned any week prior to this week, but I’ve noticed, once again, that dudes who chase the money almost always end up regretting the decision.

I’m also not sure if Davonte Adams is ready to publicly admit he regrets going to LV, but what an absolute mistake that was. We can talk about Rodgers losing “a step” or whatever, but put Adams back on the Pack this year and it’s doubtful they are 3-5, and they’re more likely to be one of the top NFC teams looking at another possible Super Bowl appearance.

Instead he’s stuck on a pretty sub-par Raiders squad who isn’t going anywhere and the Pack are 3-5 looking at slim odds to make the playoffs.

Also, he refuses to get open. As bad as the raiders are, and as huge a drop off there is from Rodgers to Carr (and it is big), he should be getting open more easily with the Raiders having better other weapons than that GB offense. Maybe it is coaching, I dunno ... but the games I watch week in and week out are the Raiders and that guy is NOT getting open and Carr isn't going to do the extend the play forever so just run open or I will throw you open. That is Rodgers who made Adams great. He has simply been exposed for being a very good receiver but not as great as we thought he was because he doesn't have Rodgers making things break down for him on 8 second plays.

NFC
1. San Francisco
2. Eagles
3. Dallas
4. Vikings
5. Tampa Bay
Niners look like the team to beat in this conference in my opinion, at least for now. Giants are complete pretenders though they will likely make the playoffs as are the seahawks who will not make the playoffs. I think Dallas and Philadelphia are about the same. I expect Vikings to slump in November before regaining momentum. Tampa could be a reach at this spot and a healthy Saints team could be there or if the Rams find their game. That offense just looks really predictable right now.

AFC
1. Buffalo
2. Kansas City
3. Baltimore
4. Bengals

Obviously have to like the Bills and Chiefs as a step above the rest. I have Ravens and Bengals in the next tier. After that I have Dolphins, Chargers and Titans mixed in with the Dolphins explosive offense, the Titans defense and the Chargers balanced but really injured (I think they are a really good team when healthy).

Favorite Storylines:

1. Eagles and Hurts - I am a big Hurts fan from his Alabama days and just think a lot of him. I like the way that team plays and they seem to play together well and like one another. Easy while you are winning but it is fun to watch. I think they are overachieving vs a weak schedule and may not even end up winning that division when all is said and done but it is my favorite storyline so far this year.

2. Tom Brady divorcing winning. I just think it is interesting how this team can move the ball and not score and watching as Tom Brady has lost a little of his Mojo at long last.

3. Seahawks vs Broncos - After the Wilson to Denver activity it is really kind of funny to watch this. I would probably give the Seahawks coach my early vote for Coach of the Year and I have very little respect for that man. But what he is accomplishing with that roster is remarkable.

4. The end of an era - Wilson struggling, Rodgers struggling, Brady struggling, rapistberger gone, brees gone, manning long gone, etc. .... Fun seeing Allen, Mahomes, Tua Herbert Lamar Burrow and the likes taking the torch.

I think the same exact thing VK. Said to myself the Niners are experienced, tough and playoff ready right now. They would make Hurts struggle in a playoff game.

While on the subject of coaches can Detroit move on from meathead Dan and in over his head DC Aaron Glenn. Why is it the same franchises just never get it right. As much as I criticize the Jets they look like a model organization compared to the nonsense year in year out in Detroit.

The Ford family just needs to get out of the way and sell to someone competent which is exactly what I would want to see Woody do with the Jets. The success and failure of any franchise begins with solid ownership and its obvious which franchises are owned by incompetents.

facts

I learned nothing(other than I can lose almost every bet), I knew the Cows should have been playing
pollard exclusively last yr

I learned nothing(other than I can lose almost every bet), I knew the Cows should have been playing
pollard exclusively last yr
Relatable. I have way too much other shit going on between the business & household stuff to waste time diving into new ways to lose on the NFL. Better off playing Powerball FFS.

NFC
1. San Francisco
2. Eagles
3. Dallas
4. Vikings
5. Tampa Bay

AFC
1. Buffalo
2. Kansas City
3. Baltimore
4. Bengals

Favorite Storylines:

Yet You Have Seattle As An "Also Ran"
Alex Smith Is Alive And Well In Seattle...
:shake:

With GB-BUF going under the closing total of 47, the under is now 29-8-1 (78.4%) in games with Ron Torbort as the referee since 2020, including a perfect 7-0 this season.
You are here
Football Zebras > Assignments > Week 9 referee assignments

Week 9 referee assignments​

Sunday, Nov. 6​

• Dolphins at Bears — Ron Torbert

Back