Week 8 Thoughts

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
L-Ville -3:

Back in August if you told me this line would be -3 than I would of put the pink slip on my car on the Ville.. L-Ville had a disasterous start to the yr and even dropped 2 games at home, a place they just don't lose at. The defense is swiss cheese but they showed a mild improvement last week in a win on the road over Cinci. It is time for this team to man up and show some heart down the stretch, things in the BE just got a lot more interesting with USF going down and with only 1 conference loss, they are not out of it all yet. Today I can excuse the Cuse loss, not because Cuse is a respectable team to lose to but its obvious, those kids just did not care. With a leader like Brohm at the helm and a new sense of urgency among the team, I feel pretty good here in this game. UConn while having a good season at 5-1 is about to find out how good they really are over the next few weeks. With wins over Duke, Maine, Temple, Pitt, and Akron, I am not impressed and I think that is a pretty weak resume of wins. UConn boosts a strong secondary stat wise but no doubt this is by far their toughest test to date. Super Mario is listed as questionable but its not that big of an issue to me if he don't play, Brohm spreads it around. I just can not see UConn winning this game outright so I ask myself, how much will L-Ville win by. I have to like my chances with a field goal. Play on L-Ville -3.

Messy St +24:

Alright, I've bet against WVU one time this yr, ECU+24 and got smoked. I will try this again. Messy should be able to 1)eat clock with Dixon and 2)score more than 14points on WVU. Now the score of last yr's matchup was 42-14 and I think Messy is atleast 7 points improved here. They must go on the road but playing at WVU should not scare them after road trips to Auburn and SC. Messy is weaker vs. the pass than they are vs. the rush and with WVU running the ball a lot, they should not be able to capitalize on that aspect of the defense. The clock should melt and the score will stay a little closer than expected here. I asked myself if I would lay -24 with WVU and the answer is no. I see a 17-20 point win for WVU but not much more than that. Any thing Messy scores over 14 is true bonus for the spread. Play on Messy +24

Nevada -7:

I have concerns with how the 4 OT game went down and the carry over it has on this Nevada team but that is it here. Nevada is a better offense with QB Colin Kaepernick at the helm and the injury to Grazziano might be a blessing in surprise here. In his 1st start on the road @ Boise he piles up 177 on the ground and 240 in the air, against Fresno he threw for 395 and 4td's while leading a comeback and 28 second half points. He has not turned the ball over in either game, very important. The Nevada offense is rolling and Utah St defense is vulnerable agaisnt the pass. Now on defense, Nevada hasn't done much stopping of anybody but Utah St offense is as inept as they come here. The bottom line for this game and for the road chalk is that 1)Nevada is better, 2)Nevada will stop Utah St more than Utah St stops Nevada, 3)The emergence of Kapernick at QB, 4)Nevada being winless on the road this yr. I stress the last one because I feel it is motivation that Ault can use to get his boys up for this game. Possible letdown after the loss last week but with the young blood at QB, there should be some energy on the field. Play on Nevada -7

San Jose St +13.5:

Another OT letdown concern here. A little history here, SJST beat Fresno last yr who is a major rival to them. Prior to that Fresno took joy in putting the hurt on the Spartans scoring 45,62, and 41 on them.. This is the largest spread Fresno has faced this yr and frankly I don't understand it. If Yonus Davis was 100%, SJST would have an outright chance to win this game but without him, the running game is slack and SJST has to resort to airing it out. Fresno likes to run the ball and SJST is pretty good at stopping the run. Tommey is a better coach and this is too many points for a rivalry game. Head up vs. Dr Bob, here we go. Play on SJST +13.5

Will edit this post when I post on Maryland, Missouri, Cuse, Messy St, Wyoming, New Mexico, Oregon, Nevada, SJST

Last edited:
I just can't lay points with Cuse despite how bad I think Buffalo is so they are eliminated from the list. Still considering plays on Maryland, Missouri, Wyoming, New Mexico, and Oregon.

Made a play on NW-10 tonight. There is a lot on this forum about the game, specifically DMoney covered it. EMU starting QB is out, neutral field, NW offense is clicking right now, wins are a must for them, and Sutton may play.

I am down about -$2700 on the yr and have a record comparable to Dr. Bob, fade away. I flat betted everything this week and I will make no play on the SC game. I just don't see much to play with there, number is spot on imo.

GL ETG!

Like the Ville play tonight...they are getting their shit back together it seems!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">all around good shit etg.. health up northeast; let's get the dub in Detroit
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Gems - Best of luckt his week

Grind - Shame we gota be opposites w/ UCONN, I could be hating myself later for trying to TRUST this L-Ville squad.

Also adding one more friday night play. Going back to the CFL for this one.

Winnipeg -4.5

last night was blah but the cfl pick was nice. Hats off to the husky faithful, big win for you guys. L-Ville might as well call it a season.

New Mexico -8.5:

I love this game. NM has a very balanced offense and they are a very solid team. Outside of the brain fart vs. UTEP to start the yr, NM has been solid winning 4 of their last 5. SDST is giving up 500yards a game and that is trouble with Ferguson and Porterie coming to town. I feel that NM, the 2nd best team in the MWC, is under the radar and this line is a little low. I think NM wins by 14+ here so we'll see what happens. SDST is getting better but they are not quite there. Play on NM-8.5 for a double bet

No bet on Missouri or Maryland at the moment.

Will play another CFL game today. Montreal at PK and BC-13. BC has to win to keep the Sask Rough Riders from taking over 1st place, they are at home, and they superior in every facet of the game. Montreal is playing for a lot of pride right now, Argos on the road have struggles and many are on Toronto.

Hopefully SC rolls to victory but no play on the game today.

Still looking at 1-2 more plays that take place later in the day.

Lville -3
NW-10
Winnipeg-4.5
Messy+24
SJST +13.5
Nevada -7
New Mexico -8.5 x 2
Montreal PK
BC -13

Messy St +24:
Alright, I've bet against WVU one time this yr, ECU+24 and got smoked. I will try this again. Messy should be able to 1)eat clock with Dixon and 2)score more than 14points on WVU. Now the score of last yr's matchup was 42-14 and I think Messy is atleast 7 points improved here. They must go on the road but playing at WVU should not scare them after road trips to Auburn and SC. Messy is weaker vs. the pass than they are vs. the rush and with WVU running the ball a lot, they should not be able to capitalize on that aspect of the defense. The clock should melt and the score will stay a little closer than expected here. I asked myself if I would lay -24 with WVU and the answer is no. I see a 17-20 point win for WVU but not much more than that. Any thing Messy scores over 14 is true bonus for the spread. Play on Messy +24

Nevada -7:
I have concerns with how the 4 OT game went down and the carry over it has on this Nevada team but that is it here. Nevada is a better offense with QB Colin Kaepernick at the helm and the injury to Grazziano might be a blessing in surprise here. In his 1st start on the road @ Boise he piles up 177 on the ground and 240 in the air, against Fresno he threw for 395 and 4td's while leading a comeback and 28 second half points. He has not turned the ball over in either game, very important. The Nevada offense is rolling and Utah St defense is vulnerable agaisnt the pass. Now on defense, Nevada hasn't done much stopping of anybody but Utah St offense is as inept as they come here. The bottom line for this game and for the road chalk is that 1)Nevada is better, 2)Nevada will stop Utah St more than Utah St stops Nevada, 3)The emergence of Kapernick at QB, 4)Nevada being winless on the road this yr. I stress the last one because I feel it is motivation that Ault can use to get his boys up for this game. Possible letdown after the loss last week but with the young blood at QB, there should be some energy on the field. Play on Nevada -7

San Jose St +13.5:
Another OT letdown concern here. A little history here, SJST beat Fresno last yr who is a major rival to them. Prior to that Fresno took joy in putting the hurt on the Spartans scoring 45,62, and 41 on them.. This is the largest spread Fresno has faced this yr and frankly I don't understand it. If Yonus Davis was 100%, SJST would have an outright chance to win this game but without him, the running game is slack and SJST has to resort to airing it out. Fresno likes to run the ball and SJST is pretty good at stopping the run. Tommey is a better coach and this is too many points for a rivalry game. Head up vs. Dr Bob, here we go. Play on SJST +13.5

Miss St - I'd like to think the fundamentals are there: MSU has a solid RB with an experienced OL, more confidence than years past when the season was a lost cause which is not the case this season, and SEC-speed defense which will play Slaton & White tighter than most defenses they have faced this season. In the end, I did not make a play here, although 24 is an awful lot of points for WVU to lay to a medicore team from the best conference.

Nevada - Nevada showed heart in the Boise St game last week (I almost put a unit on them at +26 but oh well). If Nevada can hang tough with Boise St, it makes you wonder why they are only laying 7 pts to a winless Utah St. This line seemed fishy, and I almost dumped a unit on Utah St +7 because of my suspicion, but I decided to stay away.

San Jose St - I almost took it here, but decided to stay away, although I think you are on the right side.

GL today etg

Back