Week 8 Plays

Grind_4_Mine

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Saturday Plays

Wisconsin -6 -110 -- PJ Hill has been steamrolling for 190 p/g and the offense is really clicking for the Badgers. Wisky faces a defensive unit ranked last in total defense in the Big Ten. B-Maker QB Painter is coming off a career day (431 yds 2tds) @ NW, spreading the ball to nine different targets. Purdue can more than hold their own offensively, as they sit at the top of the conference in total yards p/g. Wisky leads the conference in total defense (240 ypg), which is good for 6th nationally. On paper, this is an interesting matchup, but I really believe Wisky doubles the scoring output of Purdue Saturday... The Boilermaker D-line should struggle with the Wisky offensive front. There is not one player under 6-6 313 on that offensive line of Wisky...6-8 Joe thomas is one of the best O-Linemen in CFB. Purdue is just too soft on the defensive side of the ball to stay within this number.

Syracuse +17 +101 -- Patterson threw for a career high 259 in last year's meeting, the game in which Brohm blew out his knee. The Cards are coming off one of their worst ground games of the year, so I expect them to establish the run early and eat clock against a 'Cuse team who was exploited by the run last Saturday. I highly respect the Petrino family and that Cardinal offense, but 17 is a lot to be laying in The DOME. 'Cuse is 15-7 ATS in their last 22 home games and 4-1 ATS L5 after allowing 30+ points. Syracuse has to prevent 'the big play' by Da Ville's long, athletic receivers or this could get ugly quick. If 'Cuse can strike first, I like my chances.

Boston College +6 +106 -- FSU has used a league high 16 true freshmen. The secondary is banged up a bit with Houllis out for the year and with one of their CB's, Carter, questionable. I like the chemistry QB Matt Ryan has built with WR Kevin Challenger. Ryan is a pretty gutsy player from what I've seen and has been playing through that nagging ankle injury for some time now. I think BC hangs tough in Tally with the pass game, if Ryan is a go. Ryan is said to be a gametime decision... if he can't go, backup Chris Cane will start in his place and has seen limited game action as he is 3-3 for 10 yards on the year, which came late in the game versus Maine. I would advise BC backers to be on top of things at gametime and hedge if Ryan DNP.

BC QB Matt Ryan has been declared 'out' for the game @ FSU

South Carolina -3.5 -109 -- Syvelle Newton has completed 63.5% of his passes for 877 yards and carries an 8-3 td int ratio. This guy is a former WR as many of you know and has been praised time and time again for his amazing athleticism. What has impressed me even more about Newton has been his poise and decision-making in the pocket. He's not your typical Spurrier QB, but coach has adjusted his play calling to suit Newton's ability to run. I also think star WR Sidney Rice is LONG overdue for an impact game. The Vandy defense has been playing over their heads this year. Spurrier should have a few tricks up his sleeve for this one.

Oregon State -2.5 -112 -- Beavers are stepping up big time on defense, creating turnovers and getting to the QB 23 times this season. Zona is only averaging 2.7 YPC to go along with a few injuries at quarterback. Zona may have to start 3rd stringer Kris Heavner if Adan Austin can't go after suffering a knee injury in the first half last week against Stanford.

Colorado +14 -108 -- Simply put, I don't see much scoring from either team on Saturday, so I'll grab the two touchdowns. I wish AP to a full recovery and hope to see him back for their bowl game.

Texas A&M +3.5 -109 -- QB Stephen Mcgee doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes for the Aggies. He's had a few reliable targets in TE Martellus Bennett (6 foot 8) and WR Chad Shroeder. McGee has only thrown one interception this season with 8 TDs. Jorvorskie Lane has been carrying the offense on his back, averaging 4.7 YPC along with 14 TDs. I think this will be a helluva game to watch and could very well come down to the final play. The improved Aggie defensive unit will have to find a way to stop the Reid to Bowman connection as they hooked up 4 times in the endzone Saturday, all in the second half! Bowman finished that game with 14 catches for 300 yards.

Hawaii/New Mexico St. OVER 74.5 -109 -- Hal Mumme brings a lot of energy and excitement to the NMSU program and they will undoubtedly put up their fair share of points. Mumme doesn't punt and he doesnt kick field goals.. he's working with a QB who followed him from SE Louisiana and has been very impressive thus far.. NMSU has a few speedy wideouts that shined in the spotlight versus Boise. The Rainbows are doing it all offensively and Brennan is a flatout stud. These two teams may combine to average 28 per quarter.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm not playing a lot of these games, Grind, but they look good dude. I wish I knew more about how Oklahoma is going to react to Peterson being out, but I just don't. Colorado is an improving team and I can see a play on Colorado justified here.

hey bro! good to see you posting again! (if you have been in previous weeks i apologize, but i try to stay out of the cfb forum.) i wish you the best of luck tomorrow!

Thanks guys..

Adding:

BC/FSU UNDER 41 -109 -- With Matt Ryan out, I'd be surprised to see BC reach double-digits in Tally.

7-2 for the day, both losses coming in the final minute. Stoops elects to run it in from the 4 with 20 tics and I don't blame him; BC safety with a minute to go puts the total over

Sunday night:

South Florida -1.5 -105 -- Defensively, the Bulls have been able to generate turnovers and pressure the quarterback, recording 16 sacks. UC QB Grutza can be fairly elusive at times, but he's been known to force quite a few passes, which have lead to turnovers. UC only committed one turnover against U of L.... so you know what that means. Offensively, the Bulls possess an impressive balanced attack. They gain 160+ p/g on the ground and around 215 p/g through the air. The ability to create turnovers along with that balanced offensive attack should prove to be enough for the Bulls to earn the win on the road.

Back