Week 8 Plays/Discussion

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
Back to old skool capping for me.....

UNC @ UVA... We have a "hot" UVA team off 2 big home wins versus a UNC team who is just getting the job done, plain and simple and quietly playing great football. After capping this game already I see an edge for UNC in TO margin/1st down margin/punt margin/PPG/RYPG and defense allow similiar PYPG and RYPG. Have to go with the better team in UNC with better talent and coaching. UNC has a lot to play for as the bottom feeders are now kicking ass and taking names. Butch Davis is quicly turning UNC into the Texas of the B12 (excelling at basketball and football). I want CB's analysis on this as well.
Play: UNC-5.5 2 units

Akron @ Eastern Michigan... I'm going to keep this real simple. You lose to Army and give me a team with similiar stats across the board as a small favorite I'm going against you. EMU gives up 5.1 ypc and has allowed 19 rushing TDs this year! Akron should be able to get ther 4.8+ ypc and run all over this poor rushing defense.
Play: Akron-3 2 units

Wisconsin @ Iowa... Iowa off a big time blowout win might hurt me here but I still think the public sees Wisky as the better squad when if you take a closer look that is not the case. I think the big seperation here is the offesive production. Wisky is one sided team rushing the ball (#2 in B10) and horrible in the passing game (#9 in B10) as well as throwing more INT than TDs this season. Iowa is #1 in B10 in total defense allowing only 10 ppg and defensively picking off 11 passes while allowing only 5 TDs this year. Wisky off 3 straight losses (conf losses at that) knowing they will underachieve yet again this year can't be a good thing for this teams attitude. Iowa at 1-2 can still compee for B10 championship if they can close out against Illinois and PSU with some help. Look for Iowas to come out and shut down Wisky all game.
Play: Iowa-3 -120 2 units

LSU @ South Carolina... LSU off a blowout loss and a small favorite (7-2 ATS) versus a South Carolina team that consistently turns over the ball (14 int last in SEC) and has given up more sacks than any SEC team this year (24) when compared with LSU who has given up only 6 sacks. LSU defense surrenders less YPG but SC has the edge in PYPG allowed. LSU will have no problem pounding this ball and allowing the play action pass to be setup and WR screens to the speedy WRs to run to daylight. This line IMo should be 7 and we could talk about wagering on this up and down cocks team. Gimmer better coaching and talent anyday anywhere!
Play: LSU -3 -120 2 units

Utah State @ Nevada... Nevad off a home loss against a very very poor Utah State team. Utah St has only beat Idaho this year for shittiest team in the country and have lost games on avg of about 3 TDs. Nevada leads the WAC in offense with 518ypg against the second to last rated defense in the WAC. I see a similiar game between BYU and Utah so lets say Nevada squeaks away by 4 tds here.
Play: Nevada-19.5 2 units

Hawaii @ Boise..."Smurf Turf"
Play: Boise St-24 -120 2 units FREE BET FROM BOOKMAKER NOT COUNTING TOWARDS UNITS AS STATED IN ANOTHER THEAD

FSU @ NCST... FSU Defense is ranked #2 versus a NC St Defense last week gave up 600 yards vs BC which makes the FSU offense lick their chops. I expect FSU to establish that running game and eat up that clock, UNDER UNDER UNDER
Play: UNDER 48 -120 2 units:cheers:

Texas Tech @ TAMU... TT pass percentage is 67% on the season going against a defens that allows 64% passes complete p/g. Defensively the aggies are the worst def team in total def as well as rushing defense which should mean TT has their choice in how to blow this shitty team out!
Play: Texas Tech-20.5 2 units

Utah @ CSU...Its Utah against a shitty conf foe in CSU Rams. Hav to think this line is off by atleast 3 points. I wouldn't taek the dog unless this hit +28.5 so -21 is a gift IMO, lets see if this offense can hang some points on this shitty defense and ot allow the backdoor cover!
Play: Utah-21 -120 2 units

added:

Texas-3 -130
tOSU-3
WMU/CMU OVER 59.5

Last edited:
I don't see how you can say Les Miles is a better coach than Spurrier. I think Miles was a riverboat gambler all year last year and hit a hot streak, because he had superior talent. This game is a situational capper's wet dream.......LSU off a loss to Florida with Georgia on deck. I believe this game has two sides that are like two ships passing in the night, South Carolina on the uptrend, and I believe a soon to be downtrend with LSU.

Who has LSU beat? Not saying South Carolina has beat much either. I believe the situational spot, and the field goal or better here with the home team warrant a play on the home team.

We will see on Saturday, that is why they play the games. I could be wrong.

Not on Mississippi State, but I would be very wary of placing a bet on them on the road. Look at their road performances, I think the oddsmaker is trying to entice people to play Mississippi State. Tennessee should be game for this game, and if there was ever a time to play them, this should be the week.

Good luck on all the plays, aside from the LSU play.

added iowa....

sir winz thanks for input on tenn/miss again these are just leans unless noted in blue but spurior is garbage and miles has real talent i see a 10 pt win atleast

Love the nevada play and agree with your thoughts there , troy. Also adding iowa today.

Wondering if you can give me your thoughts on FAU. I have a strong lean to them but i have a couple things keeping me from playing right now. First thing is how well the Western Kentucky defense has played lately . The second thing is the very early HUGE line movement favoring the hilltoppers side ( strange for sunbelt games to move a ton at open like that ... average "joe college" isn't looking at that game so i figure its smart money. Third thing is we have a florida team that is grotesquely under performing ..... on the take ??? Fourth thing is that i saw the team arguing amongst themselves in the Troy game which gives me chemistry concerns.

I am with you , the line value looks pretty good when you consider you have a hilltopper team taht was preseason lowest power rated eam on virtually everyones power rating charts up against a team that most had rated in nevada, navy , hawaii , bgsu area preseason. Just seems like a ton of value.

anyway can you share what you see happening in that game ?

i'm sorry that was an old lean fau...you are rigth about that last game i saw that arguing and fighting amongst the team. I don't like that at all!

add boise to list of leans though as the line is dropping

What the hell has Spurrier done at SC to warrant being compared to a national champion coach?

So if five years from now , pittsburgh has top recruiting class after top recruiting class , and wins a national title ... Wannstedt is a better coach than spurrier or brian kelly or mike riley or paul johnson ??

I assume robert horry and tom sanders are better NBA players than michael jordan since they won more nba championships ?

i'm sorry that was an old lean fau...you are rigth about that last game i saw that arguing and fighting amongst the team. I don't like that at all!

add boise to list of leans though as the line is dropping

thanks troy. i think i probably have to let it go too.

possible play on Purdue+4....

Initial lean was on NW but when I disected this bitch heres what I came up with. Buying the hook in the L11 road games for Purdue you would have gone 8-3 ATS.

Also...

Lets look at SOS thus far...

NW-cuse,duke,s.ill(w/o Romo haha),ohio lite and Iowa
Purdue-n.col,oregon,CMU,PSU and @ ND AND @tOSU

Huge disparity in competition leel so far. So we have a possible fraudulent defense in NW going against a battle tested Purdue team who has weathered the storm as well as you can going against some pretty quality teams. I think +4 warrants a solid look but I think Purdue wins this one outright....

Would love to hear the big 10 guys opinion on this as well as some dog players this will likely be a play unless you can talk me off of it

Good luck today Troy.

If Purdue can get something going offensively they stand a shot today.

11 plays goal is always perfect but 8-3 would be absolutely the best weekend i've had in a long time, i would be thankful to the gambling GODS for 7-4 or 8-3 bol to all guys

Saw your post in Blue's thread. Don't know wtf happened, but Akron won and covered!!!! Nice one.

Back