Week 8 Discussion

London tomorrow,predicted to be dry,clear and cold.
Its like winter :(
Theres been rain but none predicted tomorrow.Id honestly leave this total alone...I still expect the pitch to cut up badly.Like the man says " you pay your money you take your chance" . .. Id leave it alone,just my $0.02
TBH its a shame bad weather isnt forecast cause wed be smashing that under.

Brilliant thread,Best of luck Gents :shake:

Thanks bro . Actually sounds like SD weather in a sense since they can pound the rock with their RB's. Deuce who knows where his head is at and Bush is out . Not that Bush is going to hammer anyone . Cold though does contain speed.

Probably staying away from it . :cheers:GL

Is Mccallister/Smith/Grant playing 2m? source?

At this point only the organization could take action I believe .

Despite multiple reports that they've failed tests for popping water pills, violating the NFL's steroids policy, Deuce McAllister and Will Smith are both expected to play Sunday against the Chargers.

The guys already traveled all the way to London, and any suspensions are announced early in the week. A potential appeals process could take a while. McAllister will start and is a fine RB2 play. The players' potential suspensions will not be handed down before Week 8 and they could easily be appealed, creating further delay. Oct. 24 - 4:23 pm et:shake:

Probably lay off the Browns now myself . Think its a tough spot after playing those NFC East beasts and also 4th in 5 away but a BYE week inbewteen as well . Jax is off there BYE . Real reason is the fact Jax strength is running the ball obviously and Portis had a quite day last week . Actually seems like each offense "strength " is the defenses weakness so might play the Over .

:cheers:

KC's Punter Colquitt is OUT and ex-Saint Weatherford is the new punter . Which I guess is a downgrade . LJ is out again with Kolby Smith getting the start . They finally cut Nick Noval who was terrible but go with untested Connor Barth who cant be worse then Novak. Except making your debut at the Meadowlands is tricky if you guys are familiar with how crazy the wind can be at that place. Of course Huard and Croyle are done so Thigpen is IN. Be suprised if this game is competitive with NY off a loss ....KC last 4 games show win at home and 3 losses all by 24 + points . They scored 10 @ NE , 14 @ ATL , 0 @ Carolina with LJ and different QBs.....

STL says both DT Carriker and RB Stphen Jackson are G/T decisions

:cheers:

this is what im lookin at not sure if I will play the skins or bengals

<TABLE class=WagerTable cellSpacing=2 width="100%" border=0 cellpading="1"><TBODY><TR><TD width=80>WagerType:</TD><TD>Date:</TD><TD align=left>Team:</TD><TD>BuyPoints / Pitcher:</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [199] RAIDERS (OAK) +7½-110</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47133_0><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for +8-120</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for +8½-130</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for +9-140</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for +9½-150</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [199] RAIDERS (OAK) +270</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [202] SAINTS (NO) +140</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [205] BILLS (BUF) -1-110</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47136_0><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for -½-120</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for PK-130</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for +½-140</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for +1-150</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [207] BUCCANEERS (TB) +2½-110</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47137_0><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for +3-130</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for +3½-155</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for +4-165</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for +4½-175</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [211] RAMS (SL) +7½-110</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47139_0><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for +8-120</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for +8½-130</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for +9-140</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for +9½-150</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [211] RAMS (SL) +260</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [214] PANTHERS (CAR) -4-110</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47140_1><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for -3½-120</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for -3-140</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for -2½-165</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for -2-175</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [215] REDSKINS (WAS) -7½-110</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47141_0><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for -7-120</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for -6½-130</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for -6-140</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for -5½-150</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [217] BROWNS (CLE) +7-110</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47142_0><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for +7½-120</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for +8-130</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for +8½-140</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for +9-150</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [217] BROWNS (CLE) +270</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [219] GIANTS (NY) +120</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [227] BENGALS (CIN) +9½-120</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47145_0><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for +10-130</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for +10½-140</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for +11-150</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for +11½-160</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 26</TD><TD align=left>NFL [227] BENGALS (CIN) +315</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 27</TD><TD align=left>NFL [225] COLTS (IND) +4-110</TD><TD align=left><SELECT name=BUY_47148_0><OPTION value=0 selected>Buy no points</OPTION><OPTION value=0.5>Buy ½ for +4½-120</OPTION><OPTION value=1>Buy 1 for +5-130</OPTION><OPTION value=1.5>Buy 1½ for +5½-140</OPTION><OPTION value=2>Buy 2 for +6-150</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight</TD><TD width=50>Oct 27</TD><TD align=left>NFL [225] COLTS (IND) +175</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Seems like every game hund in doubt till the last few seconds at 1 PM . Oh the HOOK on DET was painful not to mention the punt return . Had them +8 in my straight wagers but cant buy hooks when I do Round Robins's ....Over 34.5 Oakland , Miami ML , Eagles -9.5 and Lions +7.5 (small RR but difference bewteen like +40 and +350)....but cant complain much since Philly couldnt pick up 1 yd in crucial spots and needed the ATL fumble followed by Westbrooks run to cover . Philly should have been covering anyway but the fact they settled for the FG on the 1 yd line kept ATL hanging around and of course the Falcons scored on the next possession like clockwork !

Damn happy so far and was in every game to the end win or lose . From my old post a few back went with this....besides the RR

SD -2.5 Lost
Miami ML win
Dallas ML win
Lions Pushed (lost a couple bucks on the ML )
Philly win

Over Oak 34 and 35 win
Under Miami 42 win
Under NE 43.5 win

Balt -1 & Over 30 teaser win
NE -1 & Under 48.5 teaser win
Eagles +1 , Under 52.5 NE and Over 26 Oakland teaser win

1st H won STL , Det, Dallas and Over Oakland 17.5 Lost with Philly , Carolina , Jets
2ndH won over 16.5 Oakland , Dallas , Philly and over , Carolina and KC lost with SD , Det

Pending :
Texans -8 -125 and 1st H -6
Over 41 Jax (also have this with a Over 34 Oak in a parlay)
Steelers ML
SF -5 (smallest) - Masters of Self Destruction .

Despite being on Pitt that penalty was BS I hate those calls ....

BOL the rest of the way . Add any 2nd H stuff I see ...:cheers:

Adding :

Steelers 2nd H -2 :

NYG had 4 chances in the erd zone and rather then get 28 pts they scored 9 . They wont get 4 more chances IMO and Pitt finds a way to win at home .

Also have the ML -145 full game from before so adding to it essentially .

GL -Might take a stab with SF the Hawks got the bounces so to speak because SF is so mistake prone its insane . Look at Sea scoring drives .....look at SF drives that didnt produce points ....:cheers:

Adding :

Steelers 2nd H -2 :

NYG had 4 chances in the erd zone and rather then get 28 pts they scored 9 . They wont get 4 more chances IMO and Pitt finds a way to win at home .

Also have the ML -145 full game from before so adding to it essentially .

GL -Might take a stab with SF the Hawks got the bounces so to speak because SF is so mistake prone its insane . Look at Sea scoring drives .....look at SF drives that didnt produce points ....:cheers:

on both

Cle cant punch it on 4 tries from the 1 yd line and gets only 3 pts . Then get a muffed punt at dont get a yard and get a painful 3 pts . So ends on 40 . Then must everyone watched Pitt self destruct. TD called back on penalty up 14-9 then the safety ties it up . Eventually after a dozen tries the Pitt defense had to bend to allow a TD ...crap way to end such a good day ...

MNF thoughts :

Besides waiting to see what injured players suit up here this is what I think.

You have Indy on 1 hand basically mirroring NE's inconsistency but just when you doubt NE they pull a good game out from nowhere . Indy has been up and down as well swinging wildly from week to weeks in terms of value in the pount spreads . Tenny has basically played no one all season but is perfect on the year and ATS.

Last 2 years Tenny has given COlts a handful and the past 4 meetinsg were all close .

I just have a hard time see this game as anything other then a PK if this was neutral field making this -3 /-3.5 tops IMO . I probably would make this Tenny -2 ,

Clearly though this is a big game for both teams .

Houston , Minny and Jax were the previous home games and the Titans played well but not overly impressive. Both Minnesota and Houston moved the ball fairly well against them especially through the air. Colts have been dogged just 4x past couple season excluding when Manning missed a start and last game of 2007 which happened to be at home vs Tenny but game was meaningless I believe for Indy .

Indy should have never been favored GB IMO last week and believe GB is better then Tenny .

Not much to say here just think th eline is a tad fat and we see a very good Colts offensive performance . :cheers:

Going to be cautious though and wait and see how the line shakes out

Good stuff NUT---

I agree the thing about the Colts is that the Packers are IMO a better team than Tenny- Packers have an explosive offense with Grant and Driver and Jennings, 2 of the fastest and best receivers in the game--

Peyton is Peyton, and Tennesse db's as you pointed are undersized very small and give up all kinds of passes through the air-- Former Colt Nick HARPER will get abused by Peyton-- Cortlin Finnigan is onlly 5'6 with very small hands and playing corner, he cannot cover as receivers just bulldoze him over and catch on him all day---

As you said with Gbay everyone perceived that Indy was to be favored after blowing out Green Bay, now they lost to GBAY and everyone thinks tennessee is the hot pick---

This is a horrible game for Tenny, as they have nothing to gain and everything to lose in this spot- Indy can stop this team as they will stop the run and then pick off Kerry Collins all day long---

Tenny also is a terrible favorite to cover at home IMO they are always in close games-- This is INDY's super bowl and Peyton will not have back to back bad games-

weird:

what we've got: 2 weeks ago Indi vs Balt -4 (-HF= Indi -.5 over Balt)
3 weeks Tenn @ Balt -1. (-HF= Tenn -4.5 over Balt)
=Tenn -4 over Indi (these being that HF is 3.5, if want to make 3 then Tenn -3) neutral field?

week 3: Tenn -4.5 vs Houston, week 5 Indi -3 @ Houston (before line moved with Sage in). In this case, Indi is -5 over Tenn neutral

someone explain these?

Back