Week 8 Discussion Thread

USF's top defensive player Antonio Grier is out 1st H due to targeting last game. USF has 3 sacks on the year, he has all 3. He is tied for leading tackler as well and has 2 forced fumbles.

Who's got info on FAU? Who is QB for them?

Read from October 14th that Tronti was out that week due to contract tracing and he was supposed to miss "atleast" part of this week. Taggart was QBing the team through practice...supposedly "throwing dimes". He is in the WKU HOF for his days as QB there.

He estimated that between 20 and 25 players were currently quarantined because of contact tracing on top of the more than 20 who have tested positive.

“It’s frustrating,” Taggart said.

FAU is following CDC guidelines with regard to positive tests and contact tracing. Players who test positive must be isolated for at least 10 days. Those identified via contact tracing must be quarantined for at least 14 days.

Following those rules, players identified by contact tracing after Oct. 10 will still be in quarantine when FAU is next scheduled to take the field, on Oct. 24 at Marshall.
fauowlaccess.com/taggart-pressed-into-action/16100/2020/10/14/

Think that is why the Marshall line is the way it is, hard to see how PR alone would justify it.

On LaLa ML pretty large tonight. Saw it's jumped quite a bit now - always scary.

I can’t decide if I wanna make the trip over to the book for tonight? I think I wanna stay away from the WS tonight anyways. I do kinda wanna bet Illini tho, +20 seems incredibly excessive.

Think that is why the Marshall line is the way it is, hard to see how PR alone would justify it.

damn. I guess that makes a lot more sense cause I sure couldn’t figure that line out at all. Guess maybe better to stay away? My card is getting pretty loaded as it is! Lol. 1st week I’m not gonna have any issue getting to 10+ plays!

Man everything besides their history screams to me that isu/okie lite gonna be a defensive type lower scoring game, but then I look at the history and it one freaking shootout after another!!

Anyone heard anything bout Pitt qb Pickett? Man I wanna play pitt, really like their front 7 to be able to limit the Irish rush attack but Pitt offense is totally dependent on Pickett so without him I can’t touch.

Anyone heard anything bout Pitt qb Pickett? Man I wanna play pitt, really like their front 7 to be able to limit the Irish rush attack but Pitt offense is totally dependent on Pickett so without him I can’t touch.

Pretty sure he’s out

USF one of the worst teams in the country. Can we trust Tulsa to blow them out?

I don't often lay pts on the road so I am a little biased, it is not typical to expect Tulsa to lay wood on somebody especially away. Tulsa has been a slow starter at times including both games this year although competition was tough OkSt and UCF.

I'm going to hope they might be trailing and bet them 2nd H if that develops.

Looks like you already answered your own question, but yeah - I expect ULL to be able to run all over UAB. UAB SOS has been awful this year.

Wouldn't you say their D is the best part of their team? I think if ULL wins it will be because of UAB limited O (passing O mostly). But I'd expect UAB's D to give them a chance. They've been pretty good in that side of the ball for a while now.

Wouldn't you say their D is the best part of their team? I think if ULL wins it will be because of UAB limited O (passing O mostly). But I'd expect UAB's D to give them a chance. They've been pretty good in that side of the ball for a while now.

I expect LaLa to be able to run as well, if not better, than Miami did against UAB.

USF one of the worst teams in the country. Can we trust Tulsa to blow them out?

I like tulsa but i like them in that dog role, once I saw them laying double digits I honestly just ignored it, pretty much just way I go about things as I’m not real comfy with favs, especially laying dd and this ain’t really a team I think gets that role very often so I dunno how it effects them if any?

plus them and cincy got cancelled last week cause someone had a Covid issue correct? I got no clue which team it was or how much they affected since both playing this week but might be something to make sure about.

One of the sharps(sharp means struggling to hit 60% like the rest of us) on vsin, this morning said that he would lay whatever vs. USF. they are bad.
I don't know. not a game I play
I have ULL ML and Ill featherheads +19.5
GL

One of the sharps(sharp means struggling to hit 60% like the rest of us) on vsin, this morning said that he would lay whatever vs. USF. they are bad.
I don't know. not a game I play
I have ULL ML and Ill featherheads +19.5
GL

Well...if they did that last week with Temple they lost. Sometimes awful teams cover.

Just in terms of box score, it looks like USF got better last week compared to prior games. That...or...Temple's offseason has them ill prepared to properly perform this season. Maybe a little of both.

Like 2thebank said, Tulsa isn't a team I look to lay a bunch of points with.

Well...if they did that last week with Temple they lost. Sometimes awful teams cover.

Just in terms of box score, it looks like USF got better last week compared to prior games. That...or...Temple's offseason has them ill prepared to properly perform this season. Maybe a little of both.

Like 2thebank said, Tulsa isn't a team I look to lay a bunch of points with.
me either cuz I know either.
it perked my ears when I heard it

I read that ULL is honoring their OL coach tonight who passed away this offseason, DJ Loney. They are wearing his name on the back of their jerseys instead of their own names. He was a Birmingham native.

Have sizable wagers on Auburn and Michigan MLs tomorrow. Hurt to bet it. Thankfully, I’ll be tailgating and watching my Vols get destroyed so just a day full of painful teams.

I know it’s Clemson, but +46.5 is hard to pass up. Gotta figure Clemson is in if they win out, no matter what anybody else does. No reason to put anything on tape this week with ND and other “bigger” games coming up. Clemson wins by 4-5 TD’s but no cover here unless Cuse gifts them points.

Southern Miss interim HC Scotty Walden tested positive for covid this week and won't travel to Liberty. Last week SM had something like 20 positives. Probably impacting the line where it is. Hugh Freeze is SMiss alum and has been speculated as a candidate for the job next year.

Tim Billings, who carries the title of assistant head coach and nickel backs coach, will serve as the head coach for the Golden Eagles when they make their first trip to Lynchburg, Virginia.

Billings has experience as a head coach after serving in the role for six seasons at Southeast Missouri State from 2000-05, compiling a record of 25-42. He was named the Ohio Valley Conference Coach of the Year in 2002 following an 8-4 season.

Read more here: https://www.sunherald.com/sports/co...ssissippi/article246607053.html#storylink=cpy

Who's got info on FAU? Who is QB for them?

Read from October 14th that Tronti was out that week due to contract tracing and he was supposed to miss "atleast" part of this week. Taggart was QBing the team through practice...supposedly "throwing dimes". He is in the WKU HOF for his days as QB there.

fauowlaccess.com/taggart-pressed-into-action/16100/2020/10/14/

Tronti is starting. RB Emmons did not travel.

Army QBs Frosh and Soph same ones from last week top the depth chart this week

Need y’alls opinion on something:

I placed a wager earlier in the week on Auburn ML/Coastal ML parlay. Now Coastal’s QB is out all of a sudden so line has plummeted and I don’t feel great about it. I can cash out now and take a $257 loss and be done with it. Usually, they offer in-game cash out options (so I could’ve let the games start and get a better cash out option hopefully), but I’m out of state so I’m not sure they offer that. Would you take the $257 loss now or risk it?

I will just say that Coastal Carolina's starting QB this year was a RS freshman. He beat out two upperclassmen who started last year, so obviously he was better than them. But they have guys who have QB'd this team before.

I will just say that Coastal Carolina's starting QB this year was a RS freshman. He beat out two upperclassmen who started last year, so obviously he was better than them. But they have guys who have QB'd this team before.

Quickly moved to a $400 loss to cash out so just letting it ride even though I don’t like coastal at all anymore. Just principle of it. Not taking that loss before game even kicks off. May cash out if gets close to money back at some point (and if even offered out of state)

Quickly moved to a $400 loss to cash out so just letting it ride even though I don’t like coastal at all anymore. Just principle of it. Not taking that loss before game even kicks off. May cash out if gets close to money back at some point (and if even offered out of state)
Could take Ga So ML (EV) to lessen the blow.

Back