Favorites: 9-11
Dogs: 5-1
SouthCar: 1-1
Totals: 0-3
Overall: 15-16 +.07units

South Carolina +1

More to come later

Last edited:
how is auburn laying DD to anyone after their anemic offfense has been more then exposed:seeya:

let alone NINETEEN points

im clueless and i don't care. by now, it should be a law that Auburn is not 19 point favorites to anyone

I am not usually an ass man, but holy crap that chicks ass is incredible...

...I would also agree on Auburn not giving up 19 to anybody.

Good luck this weekend. That Arky lined surprised me as well.

BTW next time you put up a picture of your sister, please ask BAR, TRU, and myself first.

All kidding aside, who is that girl in your avatar? Either that photo is digitally enhanced or you may have found the perfect female body. Uncle Galtie wants her number so he can call her up, maybe take her out to a nice seafoooooood dinner, and NEVER call her again! :smiley_acbe:

haha guys i'll get to the avatar stuff later. i'm posting from work so this is all f'ed up...............................JGALT: You say "TRAP" in reference to the SC+1 game and I just have to ask why although I have an idea in my head. I think the line is what it is because the perception is that UK is a better team (ranked higher in both polls) and then the 17-14 loss to Bama only strengthens that position. I don't feel they are. If I breakdown UK real quick, I see a team that won't score more than 17 points in this game, most likely 13 or below. I see a team that will be out-gained on the day (SC hasn't been outgained yet) and I see a defense that will wear down by the end of the game. There is no chance of a "look-ahead" situation with LSU on deck. There is no "let-down" after being Miss so whats the trap?

Could you please explain a little more how there won't be a lookahead to LSU with them playing a team they've won 8 straight against, and how a road win over a legit Ole Miss team who just beat Florida is not a big win but just a momentum builder?

Sounds to me like you are just trying to convince yourself this isn't a horrible spot for SC, which it absolutely is.

Hate to really get into anyone with this game as UK is my team and I come off as a homer, but from a completely objective standpoint, it's one of the best spots in SEC play thus far.

And to be honest, I highly doubt there are many people who think UK is better than SC...just about anyone who pays attention to CFB knows UK has beaten four cupcakes (I'll count UL as one), and really struggled to move the ball against Bama, benefiting from turnovers and the Tide getting complacent with an early lead.

And don't get me wrong, damn impressive job by Smelley last week.

But, can Ole Miss even be considered in the top 8-9 SEC defenses? Has SC's offense shown any signs of consistency this year, to the point where you can believe they'll go into Lexington in a tough spot, an early game, and light up one of the better defenses in the conference? I think they'll have their moments, but I think they're far from a strong offense, and I don't believe they'll go into Commonwealth and do much.

I see this being a game won mostly by UK's defense/lost by SC's offense. I know they UK offense has had its struggles, but I think they're competent enough to put up enough for the D to take care of the rest.

I say it's a trap because this line would have been SC -7 before the season started. What has really been done to change people's perceptions? SC has lost to Vandy (Dores are unbeatable this year!) and UGA in a game that they had every shot to win SU. USC just went in to Ole Piss and played a great game getting the victory and establishing that they do have a competent QB in Smelley to go along with that stout defense. I think you will see a ton of people on the Cocks this week thinking that they have finally gotten their shit together and will turn the season back around. What I see happening is a defensive struggle in which So Caro scores around 10-13 points and eventually bends enough to let the Wildcats pull it out.

We shall see, I thought this line would come out with Cocks favored by a FG or more, I was shocked to see this line.

Could you please explain a little more how there won't be a lookahead to LSU with them playing a team they've won 8 straight against, and how a road win over a legit Ole Miss team who just beat Florida is not a big win but just a momentum builder?

Sounds to me like you are just trying to convince yourself this isn't a horrible spot for SC, which it absolutely is.

Hate to really get into anyone with this game as UK is my team and I come off as a homer, but from a completely objective standpoint, it's one of the best spots in SEC play thus far.

And to be honest, I highly doubt there are many people who think UK is better than SC...just about anyone who pays attention to CFB knows UK has beaten four cupcakes (I'll count UL as one), and really struggled to move the ball against Bama, benefiting from turnovers and the Tide getting complacent with an early lead.

I said going into the Ole Miss game, it was a make or break for the season. If they lost to Ole Miss in what was amounting to be a "MUST WIN" game, the season would quickly slide down the tubes. A win on the other hand can change a lot for them. I've always kept it in the back of my mind that the OM and UK games go together, they were either going to win both or lose both because of where the program and team were at. Going into the Ole Miss game this was a team and program who just came off 2 poor efforts versus shit schools, a team who hadn't won an SEC-conference game in a whole year and was currently 0-2 in the conference, a team who was without a leader on offense (McKinley), and a team and coach who were clearly beginning to get fustrated with the poor performances. The game wasn't fun anymore for the kids, you could see they were playing with little emotion but after the Ole Miss game, the celebration on the field and in the lockerroom was an atmosphere that the coaches haven't seen in a long time. It was like a rebirth for a team struggling to find a way. It was a good win to get the Mouse off their back and it was a good win to build confidence into the team. These are 18-22 yr old kids, emotion and confidence can go a long way for them.

Now as far as this being a bad spot, I disagree. Like I said above, that Ole Miss win is something this team will build off of. I think this team already knows what can happen if you "look-ahead" because if they went to Vandy looking-ahead to UGA, they left with a loss. These kids watch sportscenter, they know the final score was Bama 17-14 over UK, they know the final score was close. The coaches believe they have enough ammo to get them fired up and keep them focused. I think the players know last week means nothing if they don't build on it. I also think the players know the LSU game will mean nothing with a loss this weekend. Quite frankly, I think the team knows its not good enough to look-ahead to LSU. I actually believe this being a 12:30 game helps SCarolina. I was a college student once and I know I'm not alone when I say this, games at 12:30 suck. The atmosphere never measures up to a night game, not even close. I don't believe UK is sandwiched inbetween Ole Miss and LSU. South Carolina is sandwiches between UF and UGA for LSU.

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1083589" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>lindetrain</TD><TD class=alt1>And don't get me wrong, damn impressive job by Smelley last week.

But, can Ole Miss even be considered in the top 8-9 SEC defenses? Has SC's offense shown any signs of consistency this year, to the point where you can believe they'll go into Lexington in a tough spot, an early game, and light up one of the better defenses in the conference? I think they'll have their moments, but I think they're far from a strong offense, and I don't believe they'll go into Commonwealth and do much.

I see this being a game won mostly by UK's defense/lost by SC's offense. I know they UK offense has had its struggles, but I think they're competent enough to put up enough for the D to take care of the rest. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now going back to that Ole Miss game. I knew coming into the game, the back 7 of Ole Miss wasn't all that strong BUT their front 4 are legit and I would give them top 3-4 in the conference on the DL. You have Hardy and Jerry for Ole Miss who will both play in the NFL. They also have solid depth as a team on the DL and that DL was going to test the Carolina OL right away and for the most part, Smelley had time to throw. I understand UK is going to run a lot of man coverage and bring a lot of blitz but SC has 4 options in the passing game they will use heavily and that is putting your DB's on an island. See, I don't think UK will score more than 17 points, I think its likely they score around 13 points. I think UK is going to have a lot of trouble on offense and I strongly believe when the game is over, South Carolina will have more first downs, win time of posesssion, and out gain UK, its just a matter of not beating themselves with bad turnovers. Actually like SC by a TD in this game.

for the guys sweating the avatar, a gift for you, more Dasha

Last edited:
I say it's a trap because this line would have been SC -7 before the season started. What has really been done to change people's perceptions? SC has lost to Vandy (Dores are unbeatable this year!) and UGA in a game that they had every shot to win SU. USC just went in to Ole Piss and played a great game getting the victory and establishing that they do have a competent QB in Smelley to go along with that stout defense. I think you will see a ton of people on the Cocks this week thinking that they have finally gotten their shit together and will turn the season back around. What I see happening is a defensive struggle in which So Caro scores around 10-13 points and eventually bends enough to let the Wildcats pull it out.

We shall see, I thought this line would come out with Cocks favored by a FG or more, I was shocked to see this line.

Ok I got what you mean, I thought the line should be South Carolina-4 but since I felt like I had value with SC+1, I played it right away. I see the line is still hanging steady at +1. I just don't believe South Carolina loses this game and I'm sticking by that

Arkansas +19

What the hell?

Maybe because they can play just as good as Florida and lose by 30 points anyway at home .....on the road its scary because they couldnt score on texas will they @ Auburn ......

24-3 Tigers ??

signed bitter Hogs backer +28 from Saturday ......

:cheers:

Maybe because they can play just as good as Florida and lose by 30 points anyway at home .....on the road its scary because they couldnt score on texas will they @ Auburn ......

24-3 Tigers ??

signed bitter Hogs backer +28 from Saturday ......

Ouch SN, thats tough to swallow.

Quite frankly, I just believe Auburn doesn't have close to enough offense if Arkansas can sneak me out 10 points, I still love my chances with a TD. I know for a fact, there ain't a way in hell I would lay 19 with Auburn in this game, even if it is Petrino coming to town (the man who almost took Tommy's job)

Leans are below. I will write some of these games up when I get home from work/class

Clem ML
Illy -11.5
Oky-7
Baylor-4
Miss St +3
TCU -15
UGA-12
LSU +4.5
BGSU -2
Utah St+15.5
Ball St-16
SoCal -26.5

Leans are below. I will write some of these games up when I get home from work/class

Clem ML
Illy -11.5
Oky-7
Baylor-4
Miss St +3
TCU -15
UGA-12
LSU +4.5
BGSU -2
Utah St+15.5
Ball St-16
SoCal -26.5

BOL this week bro

Thanks Mags

I hate to take a road team on a week night, home teams are just winning the games BUT, If Tammy Bowden wants to retain his job this year, he better win this game. I hate hate hate the game-day coaching of Clemson but if this team has any balls, heart, and if Boweden really wants to keep his job, they'll win this game.

Clemson ML +120

Updated Card:

SC +1
Arky +19
Clem +120

All for 2 units, Clemson is 2 to win 2.4

Will update record and give some thoughts late tonight or by the end of Wednesday

I said going into the Ole Miss game, it was a make or break for the season. If they lost to Ole Miss in what was amounting to be a "MUST WIN" game, the season would quickly slide down the tubes. A win on the other hand can change a lot for them. I've always kept it in the back of my mind that the OM and UK games go together, they were either going to win both or lose both because of where the program and team were at. Going into the Ole Miss game this was a team and program who just came off 2 poor efforts versus shit schools, a team who hadn't won an SEC-conference game in a whole year and was currently 0-2 in the conference, a team who was without a leader on offense (McKinley), and a team and coach who were clearly beginning to get fustrated with the poor performances. The game wasn't fun anymore for the kids, you could see they were playing with little emotion but after the Ole Miss game, the celebration on the field and in the lockerroom was an atmosphere that the coaches haven't seen in a long time. It was like a rebirth for a team struggling to find a way. It was a good win to get the Mouse off their back and it was a good win to build confidence into the team. These are 18-22 yr old kids, emotion and confidence can go a long way for them.

Now as far as this being a bad spot, I disagree. Like I said above, that Ole Miss win is something this team will build off of. I think this team already knows what can happen if you "look-ahead" because if they went to Vandy looking-ahead to UGA, they left with a loss. These kids watch sportscenter, they know the final score was Bama 17-14 over UK, they know the final score was close. The coaches believe they have enough ammo to get them fired up and keep them focused. I think the players know last week means nothing if they don't build on it. I also think the players know the LSU game will mean nothing with a loss this weekend. Quite frankly, I think the team knows its not good enough to look-ahead to LSU. I actually believe this being a 12:30 game helps SCarolina. I was a college student once and I know I'm not alone when I say this, games at 12:30 suck. The atmosphere never measures up to a night game, not even close. I don't believe UK is sandwiched inbetween Ole Miss and LSU. South Carolina is sandwiches between UF and UGA for LSU.

Great stuff ETG; I say that, mainly because I agree with it. South Carolina is the better team here, and with LSU on deck, I'm confident they'll be focused here knowing they can't afford another slip up like Vandy. I don' track it, but I would think it's rare for a team to look ahead twice in such a short time span, esp after losing the initial time like they did against Vandy looking towards them 'Dogs. Southie is moving towards my short list...thanks for the excellent thread. :shake:

Thanks Horses

Guys, I am buying off the Arkansas game, I think the firing of Franklin will actually work against me here. I will eat the .2 of juice and get off this game asap.

Be back in a little with some writeups

Favorites: 9-11
Dogs: 5-1
SouthCar: 1-1
Totals: 0-3
Overall: 15-16 +.07units

Basically even for the year, hopefully it goes up from here.

Updated Card:

South Carolina +1
Arkansas+19
Auburn-19
Clemson ML +120

As I said, I don't like the fact that the Auburn OC got fired. If they were going to come out and run their spread then I would have no problem against it but I don't think they will. I think a lot of 2 back sets and a lot of running the ball. The defense is still good.

still going through a lot

pretty much in total agreement with post 18

great thread as always. Spurrier's not very exciting comments heading into the game .....

file://<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/dXFMjzmDk9w&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

Didn't spurrier have some funny qoutes about kentucky football ETG ?

That looks like a Spurrier press conference, been seeing the same shit for 4 years now, nothing not normal about that presser. I will have to look through the quotes when I get home to see if he said anything funny, but nothing comes to mind right now.

if the scary line keeps climbing, any thought at middling the thing?

Yanks, Currently see it @ the Greek for SC-3 -100. If I were to try and middle this game, I would want to get -3.5 so that I could be outside of the field goal.

As far as playing this game, if you've waited this long for the SC side, you've missed your value.

Side bar, Tommy BowDONE, Get your hat-your coat-and leave.

Adding some plays to the card, wish I had more time to write out my full thoughts. I still hate myself for believing Clemson would actually come out and look like a team that wanted to win and was well prepared because they were anything but that.

Just want to say, I don't think I've ever had a card with this many dogs compared to favorites

Updated Card:

South Carolina +1
Arkansas+19
Auburn-19
Clemson ML +120

LSU Team Total Over 21 (2.3 to Win 2): I am very tempted with the points but I think I have a pretty good play here. LSU has scored 21 or more points in 25 straight games. Oddly enough, the last time they were held under 21 was by UF on 10/7/06. I think UF is going to be able to throw some on LSU and LSU is going to be able to run the ball but they are also going to need to score points in this game if they want a chance to win it and I think they can get over 21.

Utah St+14 (2.2 to Win 2): To be short here, I don't think SJST has enough offense in this one to cover this spread. Utah St has shown steady improvement this year. These teams have met the last 3 years and no game was decided by over 7 points. Looking for a pretty low scoring battle in this one and think Utah St can get me around 14-17 points and I don't see SJST scoring 28-31. I believe Utah St can play better defense than what SJST faced against SDST.

CMU -7.5 (2.2 to Win 2): Temple does play solid defense and they are very opportunistic but they have what ranks as the worst offense in the MAC and that is trouble facing CMU who puts points on the board. Also like that CMU is at home and off a bye. Temple benefited from 3 Miami fumbles and a Pick to go along with it. Replacement QB Stewart for Temple is just above 50% on the year. He did throw his first 3 TD's of the year against M(OH) but I'm not expecting him to have the same success. Temple will hang tough early and then fade. I think when you look back at the Buffalo game for CMU, they were coming off a hurtful loss to Purdue, there had to be some kind of letdown and they still managed to win the game.

Messy St +115 (2 to win 2.3): I have to try it here, I've had a feeling they win since the Vandy-Auburn game ended. Line should really be about Vandy -6 anyway right? Vandy continues to win with excellent special teams, keeping the turnover battle in their favor, good coaching and the ball is just bouncing their way however for a team who ranks dead last in total offense and total defense in the SEC, this shit has to come to an end soon. Vandy is coming off the big ESPN Gameday win and they got UGA on deck, they also are the HUNTED now instead of the HUNTER. I wish I wish I wish I could of gotten a better ML (+165?) like I should with a 1-4 home team versus a ranked 5-0 team but its whatever. MSU takes out Vandy in another week of SEC football.

UVA +6.5 (2.2 to Win 2): This makes me sick to my stomach to even be betting on UVA but they showed some life last week and they've always been a much better home team under Groh. Regardless of whether or not Maryland actually got off the bus for the game, UVA beat them up pretty good. ECU is stuck in a 2-game losing streak after climbing up the rankings and I think this game is going to be a field goal battle either way. A lack of running game will hurt ECU here.

Tulsa -13.5 (1st Half): Worst pass defense in the country gets run even further into the ground today.

Updated Card:

Clemson ML +120
Arkansas+19
Auburn-19
South Carolina +1
LSU Team Total Over 21
Utah St+14
CMU -7.5
Messy St +115
UVA +6.5
Tulsa -13.5 (1st half)

Congrats pimpn.. hard fought game, really enjoyed watchin that one despite the outcome. glad we could both cash it. may join ya on utah st.. GL the rest of the way

Congrats pimpn.. hard fought game, really enjoyed watchin that one despite the outcome. glad we could both cash it. may join ya on utah st.. GL the rest of the way

Thanks a lot Grind, glad you could cash as well. :shake:

Thankfully, Stephen Garcia is actually a QB unlike that fraud Chris Smelley

Back