Week 7 SEC Discussion

David Payne Purdum
@DavidPurdum
21m

More bets have been placed--and more money wagered--on the Tennessee Volunteers to cover the spread vs. Alabama than any other team at this week's slate
@CaesarsSports. The #Vols are 7.5-point home underdogs to the Tide. 87% of the money bet on the game is on Tennessee.

Hmmmm......
I predicted this would be the biggest public dog in recent memory. Probably the first time in over a decade the book is hoping for an Alabama cover

My PR lines:

Ole Miss -21.5
Alabama -10 (assuming Bryce plays)
UGA -39
Florida -9
Kentucky -2.5 (assuming Levis plays)
How do you come up with UK -2.5? Even with a healthy Levi's, this Kentucky squad shouldn't be favored over anyone in the top half of the SEC....Levi's may play, but probably not 100% and he's missed game and practice time. Bulldog D is solid and I dont see Rodriguez/Smoke doing much. UK wrs are meh....Not saying I'm backing MSU, but can't back UK here...

How do you come up with UK -2.5? Even with a healthy Levi's, this Kentucky squad shouldn't be favored over anyone in the top half of the SEC....Levi's may play, but probably not 100% and he's missed game and practice time. Bulldog D is solid and I dont see Rodriguez/Smoke doing much. UK wrs are meh....Not saying I'm backing MSU, but can't back UK here...
I probably haven't downgraded UK enough over the last couple of weeks as I've been busy with work and family. I use them as a starting point each week, and as a comparison to what the markets think. And there are definitely teams I don't have as good a grasp on because I rarely am able to watch them (SCAR, UK, and Mizzou mostly)

I’ll be in the stadium as well. Still recovering from the road trip to Baton Rouge. I’m worried, but I’m hearing completely opposite of @gps_3 and that Bryce hasn’t practiced at all this week and perhaps there may be another QB they are prepping to start (or at least play a role)

Tillman will be out. VQ reported the same today. McCollugh has practiced all week so I’d say he’s playing - although he isn’t that great anyways.

I’ll be in the stadium as well. Still recovering from the road trip to Baton Rouge. I’m worried, but I’m hearing completely opposite of @gps_3 and that Bryce hasn’t practiced at all this week and perhaps there may be another QB they are prepping to start (or at least play a role)
How was it?

“Bryce continues to practice a little bit more. We’ve got him on a little bit of a pitch count just to ween him back into it and see how it goes. We expect him to do even a little more tomorrow. That’s all I really have to say about that.”

Greg McElroy said he’s playing unless there’s a setback. It’s just a sprain and dealing with soreness. That’s the word anyway. Will they try and protect him with the game plan? I would think so. Personally I can’t envision him not starting in a game of this magnitude and just who he is. Of course how effective he is and how many shots he has to take falls in the who the hell knows category. Hope it’s a good one and will likely wait on a live or a half play just to see what’s up

What you’ve heard is 100% false FYI.

What you’ve heard is 100% false FYI.
Hmm ok. VQ said he hasn’t practiced, but I did think it was weird that they would know. FWIW, I have seen some texts from someone that may involve a different QB on that roster.

Great time. LSU fans may be the nicest road fans I’ve ever tailgates with. We ended up at the most awesome tailgate I’ve ever seen - Cajun Tiger Tailgating.
I keep telling people. Come in with a great attitude and it’s all good.

I’ve been hearing reports all week about the Uni’s and they have had a hard time getting the right Orange to look right on the helmets.
But I have also heard Bama has the option to wear Crimson as well. It is up to Saban.
It has been OK’d

Hmm ok. VQ said he hasn’t practiced, but I did think it was weird that they would know. FWIW, I have seen some texts from someone that may involve a different QB on that roster.

If you’re referencing Ty Simpson, then we might as well not even dress out. If Milroe isn’t, ready, putting Simpson in would be feeding a lamb to the wolves. Regarding Bryce, I’ve been told several times that the shoulder is fine and he can throw without pain. However, there was some bruising in the rib area that was concerning and could be very painful during the course of a game. There’s no increased risk of further injury, but unless Bryce, his parents, the docs, and Saban feel comfortable with him out there, he won’t play. The expectation is that he will play, but it will be a game time decision most likely.

Tennessee if not now when?

I think this puts a lot of pressure on Tennessee. Kind of a backwards situation where Alabama is the team with nothing to lose. Tennessee of course can absorb a loss and still make it to Atlanta same as Bama, but perception and psyche-wise, Tennessee needs this game more. It’s an interesting dynamic for sure.

I think this puts a lot of pressure on Tennessee. Kind of a backwards situation where Alabama is the team with nothing to lose. Tennessee of course can absorb a loss and still make it to Atlanta same as Bama, but perception and psyche-wise, Tennessee needs this game more. It’s an interesting dynamic for sure.
Yeah - I don’t feel good about the game anymore after all the nonstop media hype about the Vols and everyone picking them to win.

Also, sounding like McCullough status up in air now. Slaughter will start if he’s out. Slaughter more talented - just much less experience

A loss to Bama is just a Hurt Pride Disappointment & Cigar Saturday for you
A win against Jorga is what we need.

THEN we will see you again in Hotlanta

Another way is a win vs Bama, loss vs Jorga then you 2 fight it out in Hotlanta while we get ready for the Playoffs like you last year.

But I can’t look ahead. It’s One Saturday at a Time.

We just need to sit back and enjoy the Third Saturday in October

I have some thoughts on the game and I’ll try to post later today or tonight.

This game could be more a reverse of what everyone is expecting…….

David Payne Purdum
@DavidPurdum
21m

More bets have been placed--and more money wagered--on the Tennessee Volunteers to cover the spread vs. Alabama than any other team at this week's slate
@CaesarsSports. The #Vols are 7.5-point home underdogs to the Tide. 87% of the money bet on the game is on Tennessee.

Hmmmm......
Yup. My money will be on Bama in every way but my heart and every part of me will be with the Vols.

It’s a win win situation.

I will GLADY lose a TON of money if the Vols win!! It will be worth every penny

But if they lose, at least my pockets will be full

Yup. My money will be on Bama in every way but my heart and every part of me will be with the Vols.

It’s a win win situation.

I will GLADY lose a TON of money if the Vols win!! It will be worth every penny

But if they lose, at least my pockets will be full

I used to bet AU ML when we played them as a fail safe lol

Another way is a win vs Bama, loss vs Jorga then you 2 fight it out in Hotlanta while we get ready for the Playoffs like you last year.

I didn't mean pressure as it relates to the season. Just mainly to the streak. Both teams have paths to the playoffs with a loss, unless maybe it's a blowout.

And you're thinking of 2017. We boatraced UGA in SEC Championship Game last year when we were fully healthy

I'm starting to come around to the idea that points may not be as easy to come by as generally thought. Is that where you're heading? No way I can bet an under, but I'm not really considering an over either

I'm starting to come around to the idea that points may not be as easy to come by as generally thought. Is that where you're heading? No way I can bet an under, but I'm not really considering an over either
I was pretty drunk but last year it was rather defensive until Vols D was worn out and shredded in the 4th, wasn’t it?

Guess the on3 guys don’t talk to each other. Our guy says he’s “highly likely” to play. Curious as to him saying he hasn’t practiced all week when Saban has said he’s practiced as have many others who go to practice. Also saw the line moved to -9? Would indicate that he’s playing

Where are you tailgating tomorrow? I’ll be in circle park. I’ll have some whiskey if you want to meet up. GBO!!!

I was pretty drunk but last year it was rather defensive until Vols D was worn out and shredded in the 4th, wasn’t it?
I don't know if defensive is the way I'd describe it. Alabama had a roughing the punter penalty, fumbled inside the Tennessee 10, and had a punt blocked that helped keep the game close. I would say the final score was a little deceiving because Alabama scored 28 in the 4th quarter. But Alabama did hold Tenn to its lowest yardage of the season, despite hitting on some long pass plays

I assume today is Bryan Harsin’s last game as AUs coach. What kind of effort are we expecting here?

As expected Bryce Young is starting today. Doesn’t sound like he’ll be limited too much. Tillman and McCollough out for Tenn

I can see this game going a lot of different ways, but this game reminds me a lot of our trip to UGA in 2015. Everyone picking UGA, writers calling the dynasty over, and then Bama ran them over. We’ve been in this type of game many times, and it think we handle it well. 41-30 Alabama

Back