Week 7 Player Prop Bet Discussion Thread....

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
We'll try to get this going a bit earlier each week.

Any spots you can think of to attack before we see numbers?

I went with Jordan Howard last week. I wasn't too happy with those first 14 carries but they were gonna run, run and run as long as they game was somewhat close with MitchTru starting back there...It worked out and he ultimately won the game for them in OT.

I know several were on the Dolphins RB as well.

What say you?

Off hand right now I can't think of any spots to look at.

I wish my books had the player props up a day before the games. But they only allow a few hours at the most to look at player's lines. I think it's intentional to not let you look up stuff and to make a haste decision.

yeah I never get player props til sunday morning. having said that...

think shady has a huge game

Gurley should continue to eat

cant see Darkwa having as good of a game vs seattle so if you can get a valuable number based on last week look to play under

I think Brady is gonna throw a ton

Off hand right now I can't think of any spots to look at.

I wish my books had the player props up a day before the games. But they only allow a few hours at the most to look at player's lines. I think it's intentional to not let you look up stuff and to make a haste decision.

Make up your own numbers and prep ahead of time

VC hit it on the head. I don't get lines until a few hours before kick, so having a plan before time is imperative.

I look at averages on the season. Once it gets deeper into the season, I throw away outliers (best and worst games), look at matchup and go from there. I have favorites I play (James White has made my card each week he has been available going 5-1 with rec and yardage). I wish R Wilson would realize that Tyler Lockett catches everything. The kid would be a cash cow.

I will search online early to see if some of the larger books have anything posted for props. Sometimes it can be found. Usually pisses me off in the end, b/c I get a juiced prop that I would have taken earlier if offered.

One other thing...i prefer WR2 & 3 vs WR1. They typically draw the less experience DB, unless faced with a defense in which DB covers one side.

LBs are good props when they are 6 tkl + assist or less. Kuekly and Connor are in on every play, so they rack up assist.

One other tid-bit. I hate playing RBs. With the use of multiple backs, it is becoming difficult to get the touches required to get a good number. Combo props are good (total rush + rec) are profitable. Especially when the back is utilized in the screen game , or if you have a check down QB.

I like looking for 3rd down RB rec Props more than yards but like you said books I will grad a rec/rush yard combo prop. Love looking for TE rec and WR 2/3 rec

Marcus Mariota rush prop is 19.5 yards. Last week coming back from the injury they told him DO NOT run the ball. He had two official carries for no yards. I would imagine that would be the same game plan so I lean under.

One big lane though can throw this bet down the tubes.

They threw +220 on Brissett over 1.5. He has not thrown more than one in a game this year. Going against a stingy Jag D. Does that D regress? How else are they going to score. Gore is still a good back, but he won’t break a long one.

Been tracking a bit early...

I think getting a QB TD's over 1.5 at plus money is the hardest props to bet...

They put that number out there knowing dayum well most of the guys will finish at 0-1 and losing a couple at 2 is no biggie...

Any thoughts on tonight? When I get settled in I'm gonna throw a few out tonight
I have someone I'm eyeing tonight

Playing small tonight. Hitting N Agular 3.5 (-105) & over 45.5 (+110). GL with your plays. Some defensive props that look good.

I'm going Crowder Props tonight. He has been MIA. I think he gets involved tonight in some way. Looking for #s now
TD anytime +225
Over34.5 rec yards -110
O4 rec +155

Chris Thompson O67.5 rec+rush yards +105

Josh Doctson O1 catch -145 is this right?
Is he hurt or maybe not gonna play?

Last edited:
Back