Week 7 ML Dogs

Feel for you man. That was a bad fuckin beat. Shoulda ended 9-7

The only thing I can figure from here is I will probably lose all 4 bets. Had I won the 1st H ATS, going 1-3 is bad but you have something to offset the loses. Now the tone has kind of been set, instead of winning ASU the game, Hansen looks like he is going to single handedly lose ASU the game and probably the cover. Here is to hoping for a comeback!

The decision combination to not run on that third down play at the end of the first half, coupled with the decision for the pass to be conducted from an empty backfield, coupled with the decision of Hansen to throw it was just a brutal way for the first half to end and it also caused Arkansas State to go away from their running game in the second half, which was quite frankly working better than their pass game.

App State coach also forced the pass for no reason and pretty sure that kept Arkansas State in the game despite Hansen's play for as long as possible.

The decision combination to not run on that third down play at the end of the first half, coupled with the decision for the pass to be conducted from an empty backfield, coupled with the decision of Hansen to throw it was just a brutal way for the first half to end and it also caused Arkansas State to go away from their running game in the second half, which was quite frankly working better than their pass game.

App State coach also forced the pass for no reason and pretty sure that kept Arkansas State in the game despite Hansen's play for as long as possible.

Yeah. The cream may've still risen to the top and App State won the game. But that first half was there for the taking. Definitely a blown opportunity that hurts.

Coming off Bana or LSU used to be an auto fade, due to how physical the D was. I don't get the same sense with the Bama D. Last year they tackled with bad intentions.
It's actually the other way around. Going back to 2009, teams are 47-38-2 ATS after playing Alabama (without extra rest), but just 2-3 ATS this year.

Looking down the list for the first time, here are some I wouldn't be surprised with an upset:

Tulsa +218
A little hesitant on them. To a degree, I do feel they are not getting the results they deserve; not a stretch to say they could've won Texas, Ark St, Temple, Houston, but turnovers, missed FGs or too many FGs in the RZ. And after a while that is just who you become when you turn it over so often, can't score TDs in the RZ. While they are better than their 1-4 record, I don't have a ton of confidence trusting they won't suffer costly turnovers again. Not like USF is really that great. I would say they are better than Tulsa though. I mean I'm saying Tulsa has come up short in some games they could've won...USF found a way to win some games they should;ve lost to ILL and ECU.

Air Force +317
Some people will not want to touch AF off such a huge win vs Navy, and that is something true. However, remember that SDSt is also off a big win of their own. SDSt has owned the series and Rocky Long's success defending the option is well known. Alot of these games have been close....last 4 games: 2017 SDSt won 28-24. 2016 DNP. 2015 SDSt won just 27-24 (MWC Title game). 2014 SDSt won 30-14. 2013 SDSt won 27-20. And in 2017 and 2013 AF had bad teams and still were tight for this game. Both run Ds will be challenged here and AF has had surprising improvment year-over-year. SDSt is still pretty banged up group. Doubt I play this ML, just saying not shocked if they won.

Nebraska +176
Watching the Purdue and Wisconsin games there are things to like about Nebraska's O from both, they've shown they can run, 259 on Purdue and they've shown they can pass 407 on Wisconsin. The Corn D is bad however and NW is good enough, although Thorson has just a 6-5 TD-INT ratio this year (No TDs or INTs vs Pur or Mich). I would think that Neb O can do the same things they've done the last 2 weeks, just wonder if the D can play better. NW is rather limited on O, this will be the weakest O Corn D has played in several weeks, maybe all year (are Troy and NW O's equal?).

Tennessee +477
Vols played better than expected vs Georgia. Maybe Georgia didn't bring A game? Florida only outgained UT by 23y despite winning by 26pts (UT lost 6 TOs). Offense is the concern with the Vols vs Auburn D. I like the fact that Pruitt is off a bye, coached in the Iron Bowl and before that for Georgia annually against Auburn so think he has some unique familiarity with Auburn, but then again, maybe Tigers will have some familiarity vs him. Nobody has much love for Auburn right now, which is also concerning. Hate when everyone is running for the doors on a team and the spread is still over 2 TDs, kinda says something.

Vanderbilt +218
Florida improving each week. If the old expression holds true, this is going to be a tough spot for them situationally and emotionally off two, if not three very big games (Tennessee is down but still big rival, then Miss St and LSU games were bigger). Vandy played well for a half last week vs Georgia. Worry is how they played vs South Carolina a couple weeks ago however. Last home game for Dores until November 10th so think they will be as ready as they can be to try and get this one. Although Gators will probably have more fans there.

Duke +115
Everyone knows that Duke has already faced one option team this year even though that was vs Army breaking in a new QB for first game. Duke and Cutcliff's history vs option is strong. Duke isn't quite at full strength with Sr DT Cerenord, Sr DB McDuffie limited plus DBs Gilbert and Carter also out. Naturally would prefer them to be at full strength. GT comes in off confidence building wins vs BGSU and LV. No doubt the challenge will be tougher this week. Only problem for me? At current I see the line 2.5, that is the shortest line in this series since atleast 2007. GT has been favorites of 7, 6.5, 7.5, 3, 8.5, 10, 10.5, 13.5, 13.5, 13.5. Is this Duke team that much better, is this GT team that much worse? I don't know, would prefer some more bang for buck on this one.

Kent State +317
Kent ran into a buzz saw at Ball State, although they did cost themselves on a few self inflicted mistakes that teams in their young and transitioning position will do. Last week they shoulda, coulda, woulda beat perennial MAC power Ohio but allowed OU to take their first and only lead of the game with 1-1/2 minutes left. Miami's D is likely better than what Ohio has been fielding. Kent is a team that is hard to figure which week their good play will outweigh their bad play. Miami is getting some things figured out, 2-1 in MAC play and they won't play a home game again until Nov 7th so this is a must have for them as they try and compete for the East division.

Ball State +125
For whatever MAC homefield advantage is worth I guess you can favor Central Mich. But in terms of play on the field I don't see what justifies favoring them. CM D isn't bad when they play teams their own size ,but their O is really bad. Ball State has dropped a couple they coulda won (WKU and NIU). Cardinal does have some pieces, more pieces I think than CM does and I figure they should pull the W here.

Oregon +144
I like this Duck team, they should be 5-0 SU and 2-0 ATS vs P5 had it not been for some late game misfortune vs Stanford in a game Oregon dominated. They bounced back for a solid win at Cal showing no hangover and rested off bye here. UW D is going to be big challenge for Ducks. On the same note, I think Oregon D is going to matchup well also. Washington has won the last two years by combined 103-31. I don't think those games are at all comparable to what we see Saturday. Herbert was out last year in Seattle and while Herbert doesn't play D, lack of any support from the O will hurt the D. And 2016 was Washington's fantastic CFB playoff year and Ducks were swirling the drain under Helfrich's last year. This should be a tough game.

Ohio +148
NIU is solid, play good D, but offensively is struggling a bit. Struggling vs Iowa, Utah and FSU is one thing. Struggling vs Central Mich, Eastern Mich and Ball State is another. Ohio looks like they are playing with 10 guys on defense at times, but Bobcat O is still outstanding and I think they should have enough success to move the ball and score on NIU. Question is can Ohio stop NIU?

Navy +215
Big gut check game for Navy kids entering here just 2-3 and off bad loss to Air Force. I don't expect academy kids to hang their heads very long. Can they out execute a good Temple D? Temple has won 2 straight vs Navy both as underdogs. Now they are TD road fav....weather assisted, but Navy did bounce back from disappointing loss at Hawaii to beat Memphis. Time for Navy to get off the mat and not that Temple would ever overlook a conference foe with Navy's pedigree, but wonder if talk of the game vs 5-0 Cincinnati next week has creeped in any of the conversations? Hard to not be impressed with how Temple has played the last couple weeks and throw in the Maryland win shows their potential when they bring the A game.

This has taken longer than I thought, will have to finish some other time.

Texas State - home dog on a weekday. Texas State does little well but their strength is run stop for the most part. Two teams pace sets up for lowbpossession game which gives dog a better chance at the upset

AFA - game is more important to AFA. SDSU under Long usually option ready but short week off a HUGE upset (somone called that one and i chuckled, chuckled more when they were right and was happy for them). SDSU O all kinds of banged up. Slobberknocker grinder and again few possession games are good for the doggy.

Louisville - key injury to BC. Ville D is inconsistent between average and bad butnoffense which struggled early has started showing signs of life. Impossible spot against GT on a short week after getting emotionally drained in a game they cared about against fsu. Fsu then flattered ville against miami. Also GT was -4.5 or whatever last week at ville which equals a -1 or so neutral. BC at this number means BC -10 neutral or so. Which equates to BC -9 neutral to GT. Now that GT line was bad but it would appear there is line value in ville which means there is ml value. Also that BC -9 would be without their best player. Ya no way. The line doesnt make sense. Ville is a good play

ULM - sometimes it is difficult to explain why I like something but I am extremely confident ULM is a great play ATS. I will try and give some reasoning later maybe but line value from results, class and pace drop and style drop. And one month of football that has dramatically changed this line.

USM - Not personally interested but do feel game could go a lot of different ways. Unt did NOT resoond to loss well at utep last week and it kind of looks like teams headed opposite directions. Very sneaky hfa. Volatile game .... but some signs unt lost more than a game to latech

I'm pretty pissed. Last week, when I posted my favorite trend, I posted it on a Monday and neglected to run it again the rest of the week. Unbeknownst to me, two more teams popped up in the query later in the week. They were Northwestern and New Mexico and, of course, they both won. We won with MTSU and lost with Missouri last week. I'm still trying to figure this damn SDQL out sometimes but I believe the late adds could be due to either the lines being offered late or maybe some game results being added to the SDQL database late. Anyway, this week we do have a few hits coming up. Since the beginning of 2017, road dogs of lines less than 10 pts, worse total defense, and both fav & dog have negative turnover margins are currently 17-11 SU and 23-5 ATS. It is active on UCLA, UL-Monroe, NM State, and Nebraska this Saturday. BOL in what you decide Gents!

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg

Random thoughts continued...

LSU +245
I like LSU more off a loss coming in here than I would've had they won. Off losing with a game like this at home, I think it creates more urgency and focus on improvement. I'm looking forward to seeing this Georgia O go up against LSU D. LSU needs to manufacture some pass rush though. Does LSU have enough O of their own to threaten for the win? Seems like Georgia hasn't put together a good 4 quarters of football for their last 3 SEC games. Are they just no that interested vs those foes? If that is it, they're going to be plenty interested here. If it is some underlying weakness they could get beat. Can't forget though that Kirby knows what it is all about playing at LSU.

UNC +192
Hard to be sure about either of these teams. UNC at 2-2 likely at a reset moment in their season. That Tar Heel run D though, man hard to overlook that. VT’s D continues to be a weakness as well other teams can exploit, the further removed we get from the FSU games and the Duke games we see that limitations with those teams allowed VT D to perhaps look better than it is - Duke was Jones’ first game back off injury and as no threat to run only VT only rushed 3 DL often to contain that O – FSU is and was a mess. ODU and ND has had success vs Hokie D. They keep going up and down them Hokies. Maybe UNC is a mess too, but tend to think they come out as strong as their personnel and coaching allows them to. Should be pretty competitive game I am thinking.

UCLA +211
Improved play noticeable last two weeks, 1st H vs CU, a good part of the game vs UW. Cal is tough but not as good as either of those teams and maybe not as good as last year's bunch? If UCLA continues to grow this is a spot they can breakthrough with a win. Underrated rivalry. Both teams should be pretty dialed in.

Arkansas +218
Fading Ole Miss vs G5 team last week was embarrassing. Will it work out better this week vs lower tier SEC team? Everyone seems to be encouraged by Arkansas play the last 2 weeks, like UCLA appears like they are getting close and now take a step down from playing aTm and Bama to square off at home (Little Rock) vs an explosive but often undisciplined and lacking fundamentals OM team. T

Hawaii +330
Our favorite Underdog ML Warriors will try for their 4th upset of the year (3-0-1/3-1 ATS as a dog). BYU beat them last year in Honolulu by 10; both teams have shown improvement this year, Hawaii substantially so. Cole McDonald was back at practice Tuesday, proclaimed himself back and is expected to start. Now the QB uncertainty shifts to BYU who is expected to start Tr Fr Zach Wilson to spark the offense. What Wilson lacks in experience he brings mobility not found in Mangum. Hard to say if this will lead them to a win and catch UH D off guard or result in some first game negative plays. At this point, it probably can't hurt the Cougs. Hawaii isn't normally going to win games with their D, but I don't think they are awful. Most know about LB Tavai's ability, last week Wyoming found out about DE Kaimana Padello's ability (made PFF D team of week). I think UH D is showing improvement since the first quarter of the year and is playing in opposing backfields more. Doubt UH will win them the game, but may be good enough to not lose it. A healthy McDonald back at the controls of this team I like with their positive mojo right now.

Colorado +226
This one feels pretty square, but I don't want to ignore it for that fact. Yes CU has faced a fairly light schedule and their game vs ASU was played pretty even. I think this CU team has alot going for them. Montez has shown a ton of improvement this year. USC is pretty good although they have shown some cause for concern in each game this year. I look at this a fairly even game.

Now that I listed like 20 upsets that wouldn't surprise me I have to find a few to actually put some money on them winning...

Last edited:
So who is the most attractive home dog tomorrow? EMich, IND, Vandy, KSt, Rice, Lib, BG, SCar, ILL, Char, ODU, SJSt, Ore, Navy, Mem, LSU, CSU, Vir, UNC, ECU, UTSA, ISU, Ark, Nev?

I was looking through some home dog records and a couple things were surprising.

Charlotte was 3-1 2017 ATS as a HD with their 1 loss being a 1/2 pt to MTSU so that depends on your line with one outright upset (UAB). This year they are 1-1 ATS with one outright upset (ODU).

Some teams this week are just rarely home dogs or have unremarkable records. As good as ISU was last year they were just 1-2-1 ATS in that role last year with the lone cover the outright TCU win. 1-0 ATS this year.

Same with SCarolina they were a great dog team last year, but just 1-1 ATS at home with the 1 being upset of Arkansas (SC pulled 4 upsets last year, but just 1 at home).

Charlotte was 3-1 2017 ATS as a HD with their 1 loss being a 1/2 pt to MTSU so that depends on your line with one outright upset (UAB). This year they are 1-1 ATS with one outright upset (ODU).

Found an edge for Charlotte...haha, FG kicker! WKU K Nuss is just 3-6 this year (missed potential tying FG vs LV - potential tying FG vs Maine was blk'd). Last year he was 10-16. Charlotte Fr K Cruz is 8-9 with a 54yarder to his credit (2nd longest in school history). If it comes down to a FG I'll take 49ers.

K State D great at stopping chunk plays in air, which OSU‘s otherwise shitty pass attack relies on heavily, KSU’s attack on weak side and then up gut and pass attack in flats will gush pokes D that cant tackle. Pokes suck vs mobile QB’s (like is Missouri State game) Ok state should not be favored

Last edited:
Let the Dogs be barking today!

Neb 50 to win 74
Kan St 50 to win 126
Tenn 50 to win 253
Kent St 50 to win 158
Ball St 50 to win 60
Char 50 to win 144
UCLA 50 to win 109
Ark 50 to win 105
Hawaii 50 to win 162

Last edited:
Here's my lotto ticket for the week. 3, 4, 5, & 6 teamer RRs:

UL Monroe +220
Arkansas +215
Wisconsin +320
Iowa State +170
Baylor +425
New Mexico State +240

Risking $21 ($0.50 per parlay) to Win $4,479.83

BOLTA!!

:cheers3:

New Mexico State is one that I kept pausing on when I came to it...

Good luck on cashing those round robins today JRock!

New Mexico State is one that I kept pausing on when I came to it...

Good luck on cashing those round robins today JRock!
Writeup's in my thread last post in case you're interested. BOL to you today as well SK!!!

K State D great at stopping chunk plays in air, which OSU‘s otherwise shitty pass attack relies on heavily, KSU’s attack on weak side and then up gut and pass attack in flats will gush pokes D that cant tackle. Pokes suck vs mobile QB’s (like is Missouri State game) Ok state should not be favored

Still some game left but you pegged this buddy., good stuff!

Thanks I go to school here and attend every game. I noted all that in my OK State season thread and K State totally fit the bill of the underdog opponent I wanted to bet on.

Great call bud.. between this thread and crimson k I’ve had a really good ncaa season thus far!! Unfortunately we getting to a point I’ve started seeing lot of games and forming my own opinion about teams, that can only be bad!! Lol

Neb 50 to win 74
Kan St 50 to win 126
Tenn 50 to win 253
Kent St 50 to win 158
Ball St 50 to win 60
Char 50 to win 144
UCLA 50 to win 109
Ark 50 to win 105
Hawaii 50 to win 162
Neb choke job away from 3 early ones!!

I had a good feeling for ya this week.

Danke

:cheers3:

Neb choke job away from 3 early ones!!

I had a good feeling for ya this week.

Yes fun way to open the day. Neb took some wind out of the sails, but atleast they covered. Your ML loses just have to cover ATS. That is what I've been struggling with this year.

Kent looks like they are going to be fairly unlikely.

I actually have a 10 for 104 on Pitt, I didn't post it because I didn't want VC to ask me how I could play against ND. I had no reasoning so kept it hid. LOL. Who knows if that can win, probably not.

I tell you what. It’s cold, wet, dreary day today here in Nashville.
Early kickoff, Gators May take a little time to get going if they do at all, and don’t they have Jorga next week?
I am playing Vandy ML & 1H ML & +4

Well done!!! That was the best way to play it.

My only play was full game +9.5 :(

Yes fun way to open the day. Neb took some wind out of the sails, but atleast they covered. Your ML loses just have to cover ATS. That is what I've been struggling with this year.

Kent looks like they are going to be fairly unlikely.

I actually have a 10 for 104 on Pitt, I didn't post it because I didn't want VC to ask me how I could play against ND. I had no reasoning so kept it hid. LOL. Who knows if that can win, probably not.

Literally not surprised that my article play is losing lol I just wrote for ND cause i felt dumb for not doing so past two weeks. Totally lost it there but i have to do the same team every friggin week

Literally not surprised that my article play is losing lol I just wrote for ND cause i felt dumb for not doing so past two weeks. Totally lost it there but i have to do the same team every friggin week

Yeah that is a tough gig. I'm glad you are sharing some thoughts on other games too.

I just wish i could have a week off settle take my mind off the team and come back to it with a fresh perspective. Im being an idiot there every week. Doesn‘t help that i gotta do it on sunday night when im swamped with schoolwork

You have to do Irish games VC? That def tough, I’d hate to have to mess w same team week after week, as you said sometimes good to stay away from a team when they have a few results you didn’t expect. In general I hate big spreads unless I like the dog, I avoided that game this week.

You have to do Irish games VC? That def tough, I’d hate to have to mess w same team week after week, as you said sometimes good to stay away from a team when they have a few results you didn’t expect. In general I hate big spreads unless I like the dog, I avoided that game this week.

Been longing for a break from Irish games since the unexpected Wake Forest blowout :( Now i'm just a punching bag and it makes me look terrible. But at least I get to cover something college football instead of just baseball and the two sentences of NFL

Any love for uva or Hawaii? I like both ats but not sure bout taking them to win. Uva just a matter of getting a td in what I would expect a really low scoring tight game. Hawaii on the other hand, I just love that team. I know playing on the mainland never been a strength of theirs but they have showed pretty well this season. BYU just looks like a team that blew their wad early and havnt really recovered. Maybe the qb change will turn things around for that stagnant looking offense but man +315ish is pretty appealing!

Any love for uva or Hawaii? I like both ats but not sure bout taking them to win. Uva just a matter of getting a td in what I would expect a really low scoring tight game. Hawaii on the other hand, I just love that team. I know playing on the mainland never been a strength of theirs but they have showed pretty well this season. BYU just looks like a team that blew their wad early and havnt really recovered. Maybe the qb change will turn things around for that stagnant looking offense but man +315ish is pretty appealing!

Ya idk about UVA winning either but I agree low-scoring game.

Miami - Virginia is a game I considered taking either team at one point so I am just staying off that.

I like Hawaii, don't have any illusions about it being easy. This is a really big game for BYU to kind of get right into their bye week. Not that I think it is any less important, but it is a nonleague game for Hawaii and the way their season has gone they definitely have some MWC aspirations at this point. BYU - Hawaii has always been a really big game. It is important for both teams for recruiting purposes as well based off of some of the regions and kids they go after. I just think Hawaii has proven time and time again to be such a competitive underdog this year they deserve my money on a shot at the upset - do feel better about the DD ATS number though.

Neb 50 to win 74
Kan St 50 to win 126
Tenn 50 to win 253
Kent St 50 to win 158
Ball St 50 to win 60
Char 50 to win 144
UCLA 50 to win 109
Ark 50 to win 105
Hawaii 50 to win 162

Good times. Hawaii is in trouble. Lots of good dog upsets and ATS today. Lots of fun.

Back