Week 6 What Are We Learning

Falcons mauled mostly SF backups on D, but SF didn't score in the 2h is concerning.

Nice win for the Giants. I keep getting suckered in by the Ravens.

Packers. Woof. That was ugly.

More Oline injuries mounting for SF & LA. Both of their offenses struggling. Cam Akers being inactive makes me feel there’s internal shit happening with the Rams. There’s no life in this team.

So many teams are playing bad, or slow, or bad slow football right now.

Was-Chi - Shame on me for thinking mediocre defenses could lift bad offenses. Washington won with 214 yards of offense. Bears had 1st and goal at the 3, rushed it 3 of 4 times and couldn't score. Both QBs barely completed half their passes. Just awful football.

Tam-Pit - Brady looked off, lots of passes at the knees and ankles. Think age is finally gaining ground. Pickett looked every bit a rookie in this one, less than 4 yards per pass attempt, biggest play was drawing a really soft roughing call that moved the chains on their opening TD drive. Trubisky may have won back his job with his relief effort, lots of solid downfield throws, somehow to Claypool of all people. Steelers won with 270 yards of offense. Tampa had first and goals at the 3 and 4 on two drives and left with FGs.

SF-Atl - Niners spent the week on the east coast to avoid the travel, didn't help as they were flat to start the game. Falcons won throwing 14 passes and with 289 yards of offense. Jimmy G is not a comeback artist. Thanks Arthur Smith for running a play to get Pitts a TD.

NE-Cle - Wow, is Cleveland in disarray. They were supposed to have a competent D but Bailey freaking Zappe lit them for 300. Kareem Hunt, 5 touches. What? Pats are going to be an interesting team the 2nd half of the year. They are competent.

NYJ-GB - Cue Lombardi.....what the hell is going on around here?!? Jets win by 17 with 278 yards of offense and 1 for 11 on 3rd down. Yes, the blocked punt accounted for 7. Packers only had 278 yards themselves, a sad 4 yards per play. Their O-line gave up four sacks and had a 3 yard rush average. Are the Jets actually good? Or was it mediocre beating up awful? Did Rodgers stay in England and have his doppleganger play today?

Bal-NYG - Another double digit Ravens lead in the 2nd half, another loss. This time it wasn't Tua/Hill/Waddle or the Josh Allen experience, it was Danny Jones throwing to Marcus Johnson, WanDale Robinson, David Sills V, and Daniel Bellinger. Yes those are the four pass catchers on the drive that cut it to 20-17 before Lamar Jackson turned into Latoya Jackson. The Ravens D is a massive mystery. The Giants won with 238 yards of offense. The great Justin Tucker missed a 56 yard FG. Happens to the best of them.

Jax-Indy - Of course I used Jax's D in FF leagues figuring without Taylor they could harass the statue Ryan all game. They didn't sack him once. Colts adjusted to not having Taylor by getting rid of running entirely. Ryan 42-58 for 389, turned back the clock in this one. For his part Lawrence was very good, 20 for 22. Jags tried Etienne on a big 4th and 1 that failed, instead of Robinson or even the big QB. If you had this one pegged as the fireworks game of the day then I salute you.

Min-Mia - Dolphins fortuned changed when Tua went down, now they are more interested in improving their public cred than winning games. Why else start Skylar Thompson when Teddy is ready to go? Of course, Teddy gives and Teddy takes, and his first pick set up a surprise 3 at the end of the half. Still, they were right in it until Waddle fumbled and then Cook busted his one long run. Vikings won with 234 yards of offense, only ran 50 plays and went 2-12 on 3rd down. Turnovers were big here.

Cin-NO - Burrow-Chase homecoming was a smash hit, with Higgins back it seems like Chase gets more room to operate. Saints generating offense with duct tape and a run game as the Red Rifle isn't the answer. Cincy only ran 54 plays but was one of the more efficient teams today. The AFC North is there for the taking. Saints 3rd straight over, there might be something to that.

Car-LAR - Rams found an opponent they could dominate and so they did, on defense at least. Panthers are a dumpster fire right now. DJ Moore was the only WR to catch a pass and he caught 3 for SEVEN yards. Stafford gave the Panthers their only TD, and the run game is using jet sweeps to have success, but a win is a win.

Ari-Sea - The Kliff watch must be in high gear now. Maybe he gets one game with Hopkins to show something? I don't know. Seattle won with 296 yards of offense, but Geno continues to play error free football. Only an idiot like me would leave a gift like Ken Walker on his bench. I'm turning into the Nathaniel Hackett of FF coaches.

Buf-KC - As good as advertised. Defenses bent but did not break as much as people thought. I think my Isaiah McKenzie infatuation is over. The kid was brutal today.

AFC looks right about where it did last January, with Buffalo, KC and Cincy at the top tier and probably nine teams fighting to be their fodder. Still not quite sold on the Jets.

Half the games this week have been won by a team with less than 300 yards of offense. Not sure how to factor that into handicapping. Any ideas?

Ravens looked good. Would likely have overcome the fluke stuff if it had happened earlier. They just need to finish games. Team is playing very well.

Bengals run game is an atrocity. Burrow made a few amazing plays to pull that game out. If they get the offensive line figured out they will be an amazing offense.

Dallas about to get really good when they have a viable QB back. I think they are probably slightly better than Philly in that division.

Vikings/Packers feel like pretenders to me.

Tampa Bay is having a tough time finishing drives. I saw Brady fail on a QB sneak in that game. Never see that. Offensive line is awful.

SF is just injured. Probably best team in NFC if healthy.

KC looks really good and so does Buffalo.

Taylor injury could pay dividends later in the year with them using Ryan throwing so much. He is gonna get a rapport with the WRs this way and when Taylor is back they should be set up nicely.

Jets and Giants are a couple of overachieving teams. Winning begets winning though. They play solid football and I like both the RBs and the Jets QB.

AFC seems way ahead of NFC.

I think Ravens and Niners are probably the best .500 or under teams in the league right now.

Oh and the Falcons are +10 in point differential this year.

Still, seems like KC/Bills second time around will be the big one unless Colts or Ravens rise up. Maybe Chargers if they got healthy? AFC is tough to get through. Pretty sure it won't be bengals without them making a move.

The Saints showed some grit yesterday with a mash unit. Really should’ve won the game.

Chase scoring wasn’t the worst thing there, Cinci likely would bled clock and kicked a FG anyway.
The disappointment was the offensive play calls in the 2nd half, especially when the had the ball with a chance to put it away.
The old 1-2 run and obligatory 3rd down incomplete pass. Just horrific and if I’m not mistaken DA didn’t have Tay nor AK together for those sets of plays. Unthinkable given what line up they trotted out there offensively

Funny was saying in the in game yesterday he'd still make a decent number 2 WR for someone, didn't expect him to end up here. Hope that doesn't mean negative info on Hollywood, saw that x rays were negative at least.
He used to give the Saints fits at CAR if I’m recalling correctly

Funny was saying in the in game yesterday he'd still make a decent number 2 WR for someone, didn't expect him to end up here. Hope that doesn't mean negative info on Hollywood, saw that x rays were negative at least.
Schefter says it could be season ending. Just in time for Hopkins to take over.

Schefter says it could be season ending. Just in time for Hopkins to take over.
Still gotta have a number 2 that can make plays when DHop will be seeing double teams.

Wonder what it could be if the x-rays were indeed negative, was concerned about a broken Tib/Fib but apparently nothing is broken. Could be a seriously damaged ankle I guess.

I know I always say coaching matters. It why chargers are overrated, why Denver awful, why the bengals were a 1 hit wonder. All 3 awful coaches but I’m sick of all my negative examples. This Mfer Daball is freaking amazing! How he has a Daniel Jones lead team at 5-1 is beyond me?!!? Just hand him the coach of the year, raiders shoulda hired this guy, they he super bowl contender!! Coaching matters!!

Saw something earlier that Payton loves SoCal and Herbert, natural fit assuming the Chargers can Staley, are willing to part with draft capital and are willing to actually pay a coach.

That's a lot of assumptions given Spanos is one of the worst owners in history.

Saw something earlier that Payton loves SoCal and Herbert, natural fit assuming the Chargers can Staley, are willing to part with draft capital and are willing to actually pay a coach.

That's a lot of assumptions given Spanos is one of the worst owners in history.

They will keep Staley, no way they paying buyout and then Peyton! Maybe they can plant drugs in his office or something that allows them to fire him without buyout! Lol

They will keep Staley, no way they paying buyout and then Peyton! Maybe they can plant drugs in his office or something that allows them to fire him without buyout! Lol
Thought process I saw was after investing so much into Herbert they'll have to give in and invest in a coach too

Doubt he's around if they don't make the playoffs this season

Thought process I saw was after investing so much into Herbert they'll have to give in and invest in a coach too

Doubt he's around if they don't make the playoffs this season
If Dallas' record ends up too good that jerry cant fire mccarthy, San Diego makes a ton of sense for Payton

Really hope that doesnt happen

Coaches are dumb as rocks. 4th downs down 10 not kicking FGs. Going for 2 down 9

Again. If Belicik was forced to tell truth to his success he'd say other coaches are dumbfucks.

I cant remember this many bad games in a year and we are only done with 5 weeks
It's going to get worse before it gets better. Thanks to byes, the combined record of all the teams playing this week is 74-88-2. Combined point differential is -150 points.

The only games between two teams with a positive point differential are
Atlanta at Cincinnati
NY Giants at Jacksonville
Kansas City at San Francisco

So it was a bad call. Tuck rule not as bad as this call was. All part of the long list. Maybe the entire 1977 AFC championship game against the Orange Crush was the worst. All part of the joy of being a raider fan. At least we got the holy roller.

DeSean Jackson to the Ravens seems like it could be a perfect match

Should open up even more for Andrews

Back