Week 6 Thougths

Dollaz

Pretty much a regular
Real inconsistent with posting my plays. Having kids just zaps me of energy to post them at times:crying:

So far, I've played:

Utah State -6.5
Maryland +17
Penn St -3
Marshall -12.5
VT -7
UCLA -4
Iowa -1.5
Fresno State -24.5

In NCAA, I usually get int he habit of riding or fading teams. This year my ride list has been ECU, Utah State, and Maryland (outside of first weeks ECU game). My fade list is Idaho.

Wouldn't mind some additional thoughts on a games Im on the fence on:

ECU @ Middle Tenn. I like ECU a lot. I think there defense has played a lot better than people expected and there offense is legit. 36 first downs and 600 yards on an ACC team. Im scared off bc that was an enormous in state game for ECU and now have to go back to back on the road at a CUSA newcomer that hasn't looked very impressive. Line of 7 right now, which I expect to rise. I have difficulties capping the mentality of college football teams.

Rice @ Tulsa. This is a game I had circled prior to the year. Expected Rice to be a bout a td dog, but I believed Rice could be the class of CUSA west. I can't put my finger on this team though. They scored points at A@M and also move the ball well vs. the other teams. I understand Fla Atlantic has a very good defense, but 7-25 for 69 yards isn't beating any type of respectable team. Most people picked Tulsa as conference winner and they have lost 3 of first 4 games. This is a game I'm guessing they are going to put best foot forward. May have talked myself out of a Rice bet I've been looking at for 3 months.

Wash @ Stanford. Really surprised its under a td right now. Washington win would help my Stanford under future. Is this just over rating Washington or are they good enough to hang with them?

I played the ECU spread and moneyline last week and cannot play them again this week after their huge win. ECU only cares about beating UNC or NC State, especially UNC, and making a bowl game. Their players are still celebrating as I type this.

I played the ECU spread and moneyline last week and cannot play them again this week after their huge win. ECU only cares about beating UNC or NC State, especially UNC, and making a bowl game. Their players are still celebrating as I type this.

Thats what I'm worried about. But, then again, Im sure they want to win the conference and get a decent bowl game. (they could concievably finish top 25, imo)

I worry about Penn St because they're awful at converting 3rd downs & Indiana is so good at it. Otherwise looks all good to me

Washington's OL was an absolute mess last year. They allowed nearly 3 sacks per game. This year they've allowed just 3 total in 4 games. They've started the same 5-man OL every game this year, last year they had 6 different combos. I think last year's OL problems hurt Price as well (plus he was replacing his top 2 recs, not so this year).

Blowout vs Boise and the game vs ILL in Chicago where they had nearly 300 more yards offense, but only won by 10 are examples of how much better they are.

Stanford is damn tough for sure, but UW is much better this year.

I'm probably scratching Tulsa from my list. Like you said, both those teams are hard to figure out and I don't think I want to be on either one.

I do not understand why Rice is so inconsistent on offense. Atleast with Rice, when they play teams with limited offenses their defense generally keeps those offenses limited.

I think I do understand what is going on with Tulsa. They lost nearly every key player from a very good D that just wreaked havoc last year. They aren't wreaking any havoc now, opposing offense are gashing them. Tulsa offense is a little trickier, but I believe that Cody Green has never been good, now that the D isn't putting the O in favorable situations, the pressure is on him more than it was before and he is failing. They benched him last week, but brought him back in, so I don't know what they are doing.

Tough game.

If I were you I might still have to play Rice if you've liked it so much just because if they win and you don't have it I know I would be upset with myself if I were you. Rice hasn't been good, but neither has Tulsa. So instead of your anticipated scenario where both Rice and Tulsa were good and you thought you'd take the 'better' team in Rice...now that they are both struggling some...maybe Rice is the least 'bad' team?

Good luck.

Back