Week 6 NFL Discussion

C-MAN

Pretty much a regular
Didn't see a thread yet, so here we go.

Starting with Thur night. Interesting note that road teams playing within their division (like Den this week) are 2-0 on Thur night this season. Non-divisional road teams are 0-2, both getting beat badly. Will the trend continue this week? Health of Siemian is big here. Both teams have played pretty easy schedules, but there is a fine line between winning and losing in this league. One of these teams knows how to win, the other clearly does not. I'll be on Den, assuming Siemian and not Lynch.

Dont see how anyone can see any value in the Thursday game. If you need action, flip a coin. My gut says SD wins but i think the line is right where it should be. CJ Anderson to score a td props might be worth it, but even he is starting to lose carries to booker.

overall im only starting to get a feel for the week. im big on eagles -2.5. road favorite or not, the talent level here is not close. it is also a must win for philly so they will be pulling out all the stops.

Philly has only lost once this year & it was non-conference. How is this a "must win"?

Philly has only lost once this year & it was non-conference. How is this a "must win"?

few reasons. dallas is doing very well so the division will not be easy. next week is against the vikings. sure they could get the vikings on a flat spot, but that team has looked unbeatable. so if u lose this week and to minnesota you are back to 3-3 and then have to go into dallas and new york and then have Atlanta (suddenly world beaters) come to down before going to Seattle.

In short, while if the Eagles want to be a legit playoff team, they have to win some of those tough games, this is the last game vs an opponent on teh "easier" side before it gets very tough for them. If they can go into that patch at 4-1, they can be fine. If they go into it at 3-3, it is going to be very diffiult to make up ground

Makes sense but I think they beat Dallas & NY.

i think they split those. if they do win both ill be ecstatic. dallas genuinely scares me though.

ive said this a few times in these threads, new years day, dallas at philly...could be one of the gaems of the year.

I think for the time being, NE team total OVER every week might be a good pick. Brady has a chip on his shoulder with the suspension he served and will want to run it up every week.

Oakland this week needs to be focused. KC with an extra week to prepare and Andy Reid's record after a bye week is 15-2. 2-1 with KC though.

"Kubiak fell ill after Sunday’s home loss to Atlanta, landing in the hospital with what is being diagnosed as a “complex migraine.” Although he’s been released, Kubiak didn’t accompany the Broncos to San Diego, so the team has dedicated this game to him.

"Kubiak fell ill after Sunday’s home loss to Atlanta, landing in the hospital with what is being diagnosed as a “complex migraine.” Although he’s been released, Kubiak didn’t accompany the Broncos to San Diego, so the team has dedicated this game to him.

they can dedicate it all they want. fact is, thursday games are very important for coaching, as players are not well rested and the gameplan must be instituted in less days. I think we have a, surprise, ugly thursday game tonight. id take the points gun to head. but i will likely avoid it altogether

They dedicated the game to him because he has a headache?

I agree D, think this may be the first leg in a sweetheart teaser. Love to get it to 17 but I'll take 16.5.

It was information I read and passed on to the thread. Do /think what you want with it.
Kubiak has had a stroke in the past. Any headache would cause me pause.

I would think if there is any motivating factor involved, the only true will Denver could impose would be through their defense.
I'm on the under.

Steelers were touched on a bit in the Survivor Pool Thread but thought I'd throw it out there. Heard the Dolphins cut three starting linemen this week, I believe all from the o-line. They are a bad football team, no doubt. Steelers should route them with ease but I don't like the spot. Pitt off two blowout home wins, going on the road to play these clowns as a TD+ fave then have NE at home next week. This looks like as big a possible NFL letdown spot there is. But even if they play as shitty as they did against Philly it could be enough to beat Miami.

Looking to put together a 4 team 13 pt teaser & although crossing zero is a no-no is there any way Pitt losses by 5?

Steelers were touched on a bit in the Survivor Pool Thread but thought I'd throw it out there. Heard the Dolphins cut three starting linemen this week, I believe all from the o-line. They are a bad football team, no doubt. Steelers should route them with ease but I don't like the spot. Pitt off two blowout home wins, going on the road to play these clowns as a TD+ fave then have NE at home next week. This looks like as big a possible NFL letdown spot there is. But even if they play as shitty as they did against Philly it could be enough to beat Miami.

Looking to put together a 4 team 13 pt teaser & although crossing zero is a no-no is there any way Pitt losses by 5?

you can cross 0 on a 13 pointer. i just dont advise it on a 6 pointer. if u make a -9.5 pt fav +3.5 that is completely fine

if i were doing a 13 pointer this week, itd be carolina/NO over 40.5, eagles +10.5, pittsburgh and new england

Not a bad looking grouping there D. I generally hate teasing totals but neither team has been playing much D this year.

Gates td +175. Receivers should have trouble getting open and the old man needs to get the record before his body gives out

It's raining in the bay area this weekend. Rained most of Friday, should get a break Saturday, then continue Sunday according to the weather people who suck. So if you bet the total on KC/Oak keep an eye on the field conditions and if it actually rains.

It's raining in the bay area this weekend. Rained most of Friday, should get a break Saturday, then continue Sunday according to the weather people who suck. So if you bet the total on KC/Oak keep an eye on the field conditions and if it actually rains.

Yep - I'm about 15 minutes from O.Co. (can actually see it from my house) - looks like rain on Sunday AM, but the latest appears to be calling for a break from the rain Sunday afternoon. The bigger issue could be the wind. Calling for high winds today and tonight, which may or may not stick around for the game tomorrow. I think that would be my bigger concern than rain.

Yep - I'm about 15 minutes from O.Co. (can actually see it from my house) - looks like rain on Sunday AM, but the latest appears to be calling for a break from the rain Sunday afternoon. The bigger issue could be the wind. Calling for high winds today and tonight, which may or may not stick around for the game tomorrow. I think that would be my bigger concern than rain.
Definitely that wind will fuck things up.

2 lead pipe locks on props today

dak over 17.5 rushing

djax over 59.5 yards

My site basically cut me off betting props so I probably won't spend a lot of time looking at them until I find a new site

edleman and hopkins over rec and yardage. gronk stomach flu and fuller ruled out. Get em in before they move. Would take both up to the 6-80 range

Thoughts on Pat's Hogan & Todd Gurley there 'tops? Could see Hogan getting his with D focusing on the TE's & Edelman.

I think Mccoy and Hyde could both put up great numbers today....and a lesser extent Tyrod for a value qb. He may run in 2tds himself.

Short on time but I think the bills roll today. Played the over because it's a high line though I wouldn't touch sf

I pounded the Kaepernick under 202.5 passing yards and went smaller on under 17.5 completions. Seriously, how is this guy going to throw for 200 yards with no receiving targets other than Hyde and Kerley?

In our @Bet_Labs database, Tom Brady is 55-37 ATS at home in the regular season, and 55-37 ATS on the road in the regular season.

59% ATS for his career

remarkable

Can't really run on the Bills. Will probably be trailing, early. Bills weakness is back end of the defense. Think he actually slings it around.

Tom Brady ATS at home by spread range

Underdog: 2-1
PK to -3: 6-1
-3.5 to -7: 20-8
-7.5 to -10: 14-9
-10.5 and above: 13-18

Local has GB up to 6 (EV) now. I liked Dallas already. Going to wait to see if it gets any closer to 7.

+6 is great P, wow....

so Bookmaker has the Pats at -7 (-115), are they begging for Pats money?

Might be considered a somewhat 'out there', but it is what it is. Before I introduce this stat situation, I'll provide a snap-shot of the fault-line in the history of scoring in the NFL...

Between 1970-79 on MNF
- 52 losing teams (38.2% of all losing teams) totaled 9 pts or less
- 59 games (43.4% of all games) totaled 39 pts or more

Between 1980-89 on MNF
- 32 losing teams (20.9% of all losing teams) totaled 9 pts or less
- 90 games (58.8% of all games) totaled 39 pts or more

Once the 1980's rolled around (1980 being just the 3rd year in which the 16-game regular season had been in existence), the league saw a significant increase in scoring (which the snapshot of MNF stats above accurately evinces), thus it's fair to say that decade marks the beginning of the modern era of the NFL. So, with that established -

In the history of the modern era of the NFL (36 completed seasons), there has only ever been one previous season in which the MNF time-slot saw 6 games come & go before it featured one in which a losing team put up a team total between 17-31 pts. That was in 2006: that season's first 6 games saw the losing team score 16, 0, 0, 3, 9 & 3 pts before finally scoring 23 pts in the 7th game (and a somewhat famous game it was, one I can still recall and eerily enough it involved the Cardinals playing a home game). The 6 MNF losers so far this season have put up scores of 16, 0, 14, 32, 10 & 14 pts.

To put this 17-31 pt loser scoring range in some sort of context: 50.0% of all losers from the other primetime games (TNF & SNF) this season have put up scores within this range & 49.4% of all losers from all non-MNF games played so far this season have put up scores within this range.

The message to take from all of the above is rather clear: this is a highly unusual 'drought' to be taking place. The most obvious option this relates to for the coming game is a certain team total: if for the first time ever in the modern era of the NFL we aren't going to wait for an 8th MNF game of a new season to see the loser score between 17-31 pts, then the minimum either team scores here is obv. 17 pts. With the Jets TT lined 17.5, then at the very least the observation is one would have to be a brave soul to bet that under. With the full game total lined 46 there's obv. more scope for the under to come in even if either of these teams as a loser does manage to put up a score within said range, but obv. only at the lower end (17-21 pts). The NYJ seem to be conceding a ton of points this season (26.0 ppg, 28.6 ppg on the road), while 4 of AZ's 5 games to this point have totaled at least 44 pts (the exception being @home vs. a divisional opponent: their games vs. non-div. opps. have averaged 47.3 ppg thus far).

Just food for thought, take it fwiw.

Lots of story lines tonight

Bowles going up against his "mentor" in Arians..... in this type of situation the elder usually takes care of business

Fitz playing in his home state for the 2nd time in the NFL.... only other game he started in Zona was in 2012 and he won 19-16

The Jets secondary has been beyond atrocious but Revis hasn't been 100% for most of this season and has been playing hurt I believe.... The jets are not getting hits on the QB and that is a big problem tonight....

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis said Palmer is "going to attack us downfield. We definitely understand that as a secondary, as a defense. Teams have been doing it to start the season. The only thing for us that we can do is just execute better than we have in previous games."

Revis likes how the Jets have defended the deep ball in practice lately.

"We've been doing a better job of that, so we should see a lot of change with the deep balls moving forward," he said.

The longest TD prop is set at 40.5 yards.... very strange.... that's lower than normal... and given all the attention being paid to the cards probably having success through the air and the Jets this season have allowed touchdown passes of 42, 54, 71, 72, and 84 yards — with at least one of those coming in four of their five games.

Yes it is but Monday is also where the favorites go to die.

indeed.. past few years... before this it was the other way around

day = Monday and line < 0 and season > 2014
SU:9-13-0 (-1.32, 40.9%)
ATS:4-17-1 (-6.07, 19.0%) avg line: -4.8

<tbody>
[TH="bgcolor: F8F8F8, colspan: 4"]Teaser Records[/TH]

[TD="bgcolor: F8F8F8"] +6: 9-13-0 (40.9%)
RushesRush YdsPassesCompPass YdsTOsQ1Q2Q3Q4Final
Team24.497.438.224.7262.21.73.45.35.16.020.2
Opp27.1111.335.021.6224.71.53.26.23.48.521.5

<tbody>
</tbody>
[TABLE="class: dataTable no-footer"]
<caption>
</caption> <thead>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting_asc, colspan: 1"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting, colspan: 1"]Link[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting, colspan: 1"]Day[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting, colspan: 1"]Week[/TH]