Week 6 Blitz

New York Giants -7.5 @ Cleveland Browns

1.1 to win 1

I think this is one of those games where one can outthink himself capping it. You have the undefeated Giants off a big blowout win up against a team that is 1-3 and hasn't really performed well all year.. and the spread is just a bit over one td. Then, if you look at what the public is on, I'm sure it's on the Giants. I'm also pretty sure most trends dealing with road teams and home teams would probably favor the Browns here too. With all that said, any good capper would probably take the points. But I guess I'm not going to be a good capper today.. hehe.

I'll be on the Champs.... the Browns are averaging 211 yards per game... that's worst in the league... they and the Rams are the only two teams that are averaging only one touchdown per game.. that's just pathetic and now against a defense that's in the top 6 against the run and the pass (1st against run, 6th against pass), and only Tennessee has given up less points than the G-Men... I just don't foresee the Browns doing much here. I'm never really too hesistant to take the G-Men on the road... They are 12-0 the last 12 road trips... being on Monday Night probably makes me like it more.. gives them a reason to be up and motivated.. along with staying undefeated and standing comfortably in first in the Beast Division. On offense, the Giants are averaging 32 points per game and 432 yards per game.. that's a league best in both categories. I don't see why they don't roll here.

I know it may seem easier to jump on the Browns and the points and avoid the public, but I think this is one of those games that even if the Giants don't play great, they still cover. I would be more surprised if they didn't cover than if they did in this one. I took the points with Cincy against the G-Men before their bye because it was a good spot and situation.. I don't believe this one is... being a Monday Nighter with their unbeaten record on the line... I'll be riding the better team and I will also be expecting this line to go up when it's closer to gametime so they can push for some last minute money on the browns.<!-- / message -->

real shocker :36_11_6:

don't normally post closing remarks early, but things are pretty much set (barring a rediculously crazy ending)...

I think what shocked me the most was the lack of pressure on Anderson... the defense up front was playing like shit and the Browns O-Line really stepped up... their defense also came to play... Eli with 3 picks... geez..

excellent call for all the Brown backers... that was the right play all the way... congrats...

looks like the Beast Division didn't look so Beasty this week.. hehe...

updated:

Wk 6: 5-3 ( 62.5%) +4.4 units<!-- / message -->

Back