Week 5: Lord, how much longer shall I suffer?

Marsski

MAC Marvel
YTD: 14-19, yuck.

Dri Archer expected to play in Kalamazoo this weekend...:goal:

Week 5 Card goes here:

OSU (Oregon State)/ OSU (Ok State)/The OSU ML parlay 1 unit to win .9
Oklahoma/Ohio State ML parlay .5 unit to win .6
Kent State ML +105 for 1 unit
Oregon/Cal Under 84 for 1.5 units
Cal Bears +36.5 for half unit
La Tech pk for 1 unit
Tennessee -18.5 for 1 unit
Oklahoma -3 for 1 unit (-130)

Last edited:
Illinois coaching staff has a head coach from Toledo and and OC who was at Western playing Miami this weekend. I expect them to be very familiar with Miamis personnel and what they plan on doing. I think this is gonna be a tub thumping. Hoping it drops a tad from 24.5

I'm not really doing that well this year, but feel like I'm seeing things OK if that makes sense...only game that really got away from me was Minny. Never mind what I said about them not being physical. They manhandled San Jose wayyyy more than Stanford did I thought. Very impressed with what I saw.

Buckeyes goes under 7 and I almost hafta bet it. If they have trouble I think it comes next week @ NW

Cal was getting 13 at home from OSU with Guiton playing, and Oregon is laying 36.5 at home? That doesn't seem right at all. Cal also has at least three defensive players returning this week to the rotation.

Cal was getting 13 at home from OSU with Guiton playing, and Oregon is laying 36.5 at home? That doesn't seem right at all. Cal also has at least three defensive players returning this week to the rotation.

I'm starting to like Cal.

I think Cal offensively will be in the best position of any recent Cal team with regard to moving the ball and scoring vs Ducks in a very long time. Zach Maynard was an awful QB and the Riley/Longshore years were very inconsistent at best.

Goff is lighting it up and the new offense is paying dividends. Goff went 31 of 53 371y 3-1 vs tOSU. Problem here is that was at home, now he gets his first ever road start at Autzen for a 7:30 night game!

Oregon has been crushing the spread with covers by 17 laying 28, 25' laying 23' vs IA teams.

This is the highest spread by over a TD, but in my opinion, this is also the best offense the Ducks have faced.

I'm not sure Cal D (even if now healthier) can slow Ducks, but catching over 5 TDs I think Cal can certainly get into the 20s and maybe even more of their own. If Cal can get say 24, then that means Ducks would have to score 60+ to cover and I don't think it is unreasonable to see Cal get more than 24. Oregon will get theirs, only way Cal doesn't I think is if they can't finish in the RZ or have their drives end in TOs. Cal is 13 of 14 in RZ this year, although with just 7 TDs.

I'm probably taking Cal.

I'm starting to like Cal.

I think Cal offensively will be in the best position of any recent Cal team with regard to moving the ball and scoring vs Ducks in a very long time. Zach Maynard was an awful QB and the Riley/Longshore years were very inconsistent at best.

Goff is lighting it up and the new offense is paying dividends. Goff went 31 of 53 371y 3-1 vs tOSU. Problem here is that was at home, now he gets his first ever road start at Autzen for a 7:30 night game!

Oregon has been crushing the spread with covers by 17 laying 28, 25' laying 23' vs IA teams.

This is the highest spread by over a TD, but in my opinion, this is also the best offense the Ducks have faced.

I'm not sure Cal D (even if now healthier) can slow Ducks, but catching over 5 TDs I think Cal can certainly get into the 20s and maybe even more of their own. If Cal can get say 24, then that means Ducks would have to score 60+ to cover and I don't think it is unreasonable to see Cal get more than 24. Oregon will get theirs, only way Cal doesn't I think is if they can't finish in the RZ or have their drives end in TOs. Cal is 13 of 14 in RZ this year, although with just 7 TDs.

I'm probably taking Cal.

Yeah, I guess when I see that spread it means to me that OSU would be a 2 TD (at least) dog to Oregon at home? I don't think so.
Basically, the books are making you pay an Oregon tax because they are so high-powered and Cal's defense has been so weak...

This might get out of hand, but as you say I like Cal's chances to get to at least 20 pts. With some defensive starters coming back, maybe they get a little better on that side of the ball as well. I'm close to taking the 36...back door could be open as well as Oregon traditionally tails off late in games after jumping on teams quick...I noticed that Cal's coach was still calling timeouts and playing the game out vs. OSU down big...I like that in a coach getting 36 LOL

NOT my write-up...but I'm too lazy to do my own this week...

MAC schedule Week 5:

Miami at Illinois (-24.5)

Fans of the common opponent rejoice! Both of these teams ran into Cincinnati on their non-conference slate with dramatically different results. Last week the Redhawks did battle with the Bearcats at Yager stadium. Cincinnati scored two late touchdowns en route to a 14-0 win. This game was a scoreless tie midway through the fourth, but Miami was simply dreadful on offense. Four first downs, 0-11 on third down, 87 yards of total offense, including seven on the ground. If they were still playing right now Miami wouldn't have any points on the board. Conversely, the Fighting Illini torched Cincinnati for 45 points on September 7th. Hop on this now, this spread could grown by Saturday. Take Illinois, lay the points.
Northern Illinois (-2.5) at Purdue
A position that Northern Illinois is familiar with. Favored against a Big Ten opponent. The Huskies took care of business the opening week, knocking off Iowa at Kinnick Stadium. Since then, the offense has been explosive, averaging over 500 yards of total offense in wins over Idaho and Eastern Illinois. The defense has been less impressive. The Vandals stung NIU for 35 points and the FCS Panthers did their best MACtion impression, losing late 43-39 in a thriller. I was going to say Purdue is the basement of the conference, but I was reminded Indiana is still a Big Ten member for at least another week. The Boilers have the 120th ranked offense in FBS football. This is the sort of game Northern gets up for and Purdue just wants to skip. Take the Huskies, lay the 2.5. Sorry Dad.
Akron at Bowling Green (-15)
Akron what are you supposed to be? A week after nearly pulling off a shocker at Michigan, the Zips drop a shootout at home to Louisiana-Lafayette. Of course, Michigan needed a Houdini act again to escape UConn, so maybe a win against the Wolverines isn't all that impressive. Bowling Green has averaged 41 points in three wins this year. This is a Falcon offense that can and will put up a ton of points. In Akron's lone win they gave up 33 points to James Madison. We said we'd give Akron one week following the Michigan thriller. They burned that week. Back to the Zip football your father knows. Take the Falcons, lay the points.
Toledo at Ball State
On October 20th, 2001, I attended a game at the then named Ball State Stadium between the Cardinals and the Rockets. As Ball State put the finishing touches on a win over #25 ranked Toledo, the student section prepared to rush the field and tear down the goal posts. With just over a minute left in the game, I started to join the throng of students. I felt a hand on my arm, and my girlfriend at the time implored me not to go. I insisted, shocked she would not be participating in the revelry. There's a famous scene in the Robert DeNiro classic, A Bronx Tale, where Chazz Palminteri explains what he refers to as "the car test." The car test is where you approach your locked vehicle, first unlock her door, and if she doesn't reach over to unlock the driver's side, she's no good. I prefer the goal post test. If a woman will not rush the field to tear down the goal posts, carry them through campus, throw them in the duck pond, and then inexplicably jump in to retrieve them, she's no good. I dumped her a week later. Chirp, Chirp!!
Central Michigan at North Carolina State (-24)
Man the Fightin' Chips sure did look sharp in those throwbacks last weekend didn't they? Almost didn't notice the 197 yards on 32 carries Toledo's David Fluellen shredded CMU for. Stop doing the math, it's six yards a carry. Blowout losses to Michigan and Toledo, victims to the greatest comeback in UNLV history, and a squeaker of a win against New Hampshire. That's Central Michigan's season. They're going through growing pains, I get that. Cooper Rush will have plenty of opportunities. The Wolfpack defense yielded 244 yards and 3 scores to Clemson's Tahj Boyd a week ago, though mostly in the second half. Saylor Lavallii on the other hand, won't come close to duplicating last week's 144 yard effort. This North Carolina State defense gives up just 110 yards on the ground. Take the Wolfpack, lay the points.
UConn at Buffalo (+2.5)
Too many Michigan references in this article. Let's make this the last. Again, I don't know how much credit we can give UConn for playing Michigan close. More than likely this is an especially bad Wolverines team, slowly but surely fading into obscurity. UConn gets it done with defense. Scratch that, UConn doesn't get it done. The U of M game was their closest of the season. They opened the year dropping a game to FCS Towson by two touchdowns. Sound bad doesn't it? But is it going 5 OTs to beat Stony Brook bad? That was Buffalo's effort two weeks ago. We're going MACtion for this one. Buffalo's opening week effort against Ohio State being the trump card. Take the Bulls and the points.
Kent State (+2) at Western Michigan
A pair of ambitious non-conference schedules for these two. Kent State's All-American running back Dri Archer has been out virtually all season. Without Archer this offense ranks 117th in the nation. 104 yards on the ground, 170 yards in the air. The news as of the time of this article is that Archer is going to play. The Broncos do not have a Dri Archer. The Broncos allow nearly 250 yards per game on the ground. Now certainly, it's difficult to determine the sort of condition Archer will be in when he takes the field. What is undeniable however, is that his NFL draft stock plummets with every game he doesn't play. Eventually you reach a point where you've got to add something to the resume. Expect big numbers from Archer, because he wants to get paid. So do you, so take the Golden Flashes, and the points.

NOT my write-up...but I'm too lazy to do my own this week...

MAC schedule Week 5:

Miami at Illinois (-24.5)

Fans of the common opponent rejoice! Both of these teams ran into Cincinnati on their non-conference slate with dramatically different results. Last week the Redhawks did battle with the Bearcats at Yager stadium. Cincinnati scored two late touchdowns en route to a 14-0 win. This game was a scoreless tie midway through the fourth, but Miami was simply dreadful on offense. Four first downs, 0-11 on third down, 87 yards of total offense, including seven on the ground. If they were still playing right now Miami wouldn't have any points on the board. Conversely, the Fighting Illini torched Cincinnati for 45 points on September 7th. Hop on this now, this spread could grown by Saturday. Take Illinois, lay the points.
A position that Northern Illinois is familiar with. Favored against a Big Ten opponent. The Huskies took care of business the opening week, knocking off Iowa at Kinnick Stadium. Since then, the offense has been explosive, averaging over 500 yards of total offense in wins over Idaho and Eastern Illinois. The defense has been less impressive. The Vandals stung NIU for 35 points and the FCS Panthers did their best MACtion impression, losing late 43-39 in a thriller. I was going to say Purdue is the basement of the conference, but I was reminded Indiana is still a Big Ten member for at least another week. The Boilers have the 120th ranked offense in FBS football. This is the sort of game Northern gets up for and Purdue just wants to skip. Take the Huskies, lay the 2.5. Sorry Dad.
Akron at Bowling Green (-15)
Akron what are you supposed to be? A week after nearly pulling off a shocker at Michigan, the Zips drop a shootout at home to Louisiana-Lafayette. Of course, Michigan needed a Houdini act again to escape UConn, so maybe a win against the Wolverines isn't all that impressive. Bowling Green has averaged 41 points in three wins this year. This is a Falcon offense that can and will put up a ton of points. In Akron's lone win they gave up 33 points to James Madison. We said we'd give Akron one week following the Michigan thriller. They burned that week. Back to the Zip football your father knows. Take the Falcons, lay the points.
Toledo at Ball State
On October 20th, 2001, I attended a game at the then named Ball State Stadium between the Cardinals and the Rockets. As Ball State put the finishing touches on a win over #25 ranked Toledo, the student section prepared to rush the field and tear down the goal posts. With just over a minute left in the game, I started to join the throng of students. I felt a hand on my arm, and my girlfriend at the time implored me not to go. I insisted, shocked she would not be participating in the revelry. There's a famous scene in the Robert DeNiro classic, A Bronx Tale, where Chazz Palminteri explains what he refers to as "the car test." The car test is where you approach your locked vehicle, first unlock her door, and if she doesn't reach over to unlock the driver's side, she's no good. I prefer the goal post test. If a woman will not rush the field to tear down the goal posts, carry them through campus, throw them in the duck pond, and then inexplicably jump in to retrieve them, she's no good. I dumped her a week later. Chirp, Chirp!!
Central Michigan at North Carolina State (-24)
Man the Fightin' Chips sure did look sharp in those throwbacks last weekend didn't they? Almost didn't notice the 197 yards on 32 carries Toledo's David Fluellen shredded CMU for. Stop doing the math, it's six yards a carry. Blowout losses to Michigan and Toledo, victims to the greatest comeback in UNLV history, and a squeaker of a win against New Hampshire. That's Central Michigan's season. They're going through growing pains, I get that. Cooper Rush will have plenty of opportunities. The Wolfpack defense yielded 244 yards and 3 scores to Clemson's Tahj Boyd a week ago, though mostly in the second half. Saylor Lavallii on the other hand, won't come close to duplicating last week's 144 yard effort. This North Carolina State defense gives up just 110 yards on the ground. Take the Wolfpack, lay the points.
UConn at Buffalo (+2.5)
Too many Michigan references in this article. Let's make this the last. Again, I don't know how much credit we can give UConn for playing Michigan close. More than likely this is an especially bad Wolverines team, slowly but surely fading into obscurity. UConn gets it done with defense. Scratch that, UConn doesn't get it done. The U of M game was their closest of the season. They opened the year dropping a game to FCS Towson by two touchdowns. Sound bad doesn't it? But is it going 5 OTs to beat Stony Brook bad? That was Buffalo's effort two weeks ago. We're going MACtion for this one. Buffalo's opening week effort against Ohio State being the trump card. Take the Bulls and the points.
Kent State (+2) at Western Michigan
A pair of ambitious non-conference schedules for these two. Kent State's All-American running back Dri Archer has been out virtually all season. Without Archer this offense ranks 117th in the nation. 104 yards on the ground, 170 yards in the air. The news as of the time of this article is that Archer is going to play. The Broncos do not have a Dri Archer. The Broncos allow nearly 250 yards per game on the ground. Now certainly, it's difficult to determine the sort of condition Archer will be in when he takes the field. What is undeniable however, is that his NFL draft stock plummets with every game he doesn't play. Eventually you reach a point where you've got to add something to the resume. Expect big numbers from Archer, because he wants to get paid. So do you, so take the Golden Flashes, and the points.

Personally, I differ with this on Akron and Toledo games...not sure what I would do with NC State/Chips

I'm going to have NIU even though I think it looks way too easy and might be a sucker bet, but I can't stay away.

I think I know the pitfalls here.

Defensively Boilers taking a big step down in terms of defense they will face here. Sure their O sucks, but the going is going to get easier this week for everything they want to do.

Also Hazell does have some familiarity with NIU as he faced them last year in the MAC Title game. Sure the author is joking saying that Purdue doesn't want to play this game. Hazell will do his best to have them believing they can win. Problem is the troops have heard it before, at what point to they tune him out? 1-3 at home with a bye on deck, this might be his last chance to rally them with 3 almost certain loses straight ahead (Neb, Mich St, Ohio St).

NIU appears to be destined for a close game no matter the opponent. You can understand, I suppose, having close games at Iowa and even vs E ILL since their O is really good (QB Garoppolo - Urban Meyer called him "one of best QBs he's ever seen"). The Idaho game was really a shocker and based on that it can't be surprising if any and every game is a close game. I mean if Idaho can rush for nearly 200y on them, then technically Rob Henry / Daniels / Dawkins can rush on them as well.

When was this line ever 2'?

Having said all of that I will be on the Huskies.

I'm going to have NIU even though I think it looks way too easy and might be a sucker bet, but I can't stay away.

I think I know the pitfalls here.

Defensively Boilers taking a big step down in terms of defense they will face here. Sure their O sucks, but the going is going to get easier this week for everything they want to do.

Also Hazell does have some familiarity with NIU as he faced them last year in the MAC Title game. Sure the author is joking saying that Purdue doesn't want to play this game. Hazell will do his best to have them believing they can win. Problem is the troops have heard it before, at what point to they tune him out? 1-3 at home with a bye on deck, this might be his last chance to rally them with 3 almost certain loses straight ahead (Neb, Mich St, Ohio St).

NIU appears to be destined for a close game no matter the opponent. You can understand, I suppose, having close games at Iowa and even vs E ILL since their O is really good (QB Garoppolo - Urban Meyer called him "one of best QBs he's ever seen"). The Idaho game was really a shocker and based on that it can't be surprising if any and every game is a close game. I mean if Idaho can rush for nearly 200y on them, then technically Rob Henry / Daniels / Dawkins can rush on them as well.

When was this line ever 2'?

Having said all of that I will be on the Huskies.

I don't like the fact Hazell played em last year, but still lean to NIU. Agree that Purdue will have their way on offense. I think we see a shootout here. Not sure I'm playing NIU but I wouldn't have Purdue..

my MAC leans...N Illinois, Kent St, and Akron/BG under. Any of them solid?

I like Kent a bunch and will be betting them unless I hear Archer is going to be limited. I'm expecting him to be fine. I lean to NIU but Hazells familiarity with NIU is a concern...I'm not much of a totals guy but I would lean under in BG games vs. lesser MAC opponents such as Akron.

Absolutely love the MAC football. And love Kent St as well this year.

Toledo and Ball st should be a fun good game...2 teams that I like A LOT this year

GL this week Mars, would like to hear a little more on your thoughts on Ball/Toledo.

I'm not really doing that well this year, but feel like I'm seeing things OK if that makes sense...only game that really got away from me was Minny. Never mind what I said about them not being physical. They manhandled San Jose wayyyy more than Stanford did I thought. Very impressed with what I saw.

Homecoming should be interesting for my boys this week against the biggest rival we have - Iowa. I can't say I've seen much of Iowa this year but this matchup has definitely been closer as of late after us getting thumped by them for quite a while. QB Nelson likely still out but Leidner has shown he's definitely capable of moving the ball.

GL this week Mars, would like to hear a little more on your thoughts on Ball/Toledo.

Not sure they can make the total high enough in this game...Ball State has a great passer in Wenning and outstanding balance in their run game so they can score with anyone. The only offensive problem I have seen is a propensity to pound the run often trying to set up some play action when it isn't working that well or you just don't need to cuz you can line up 4 wide and let Wenning pick them apart.

I like Ball St undersized defensive line but they seem a little weak in the DB department not that Army, EMU have been able to take advantage... That changes this week as high powered Toledo comes to town.
Toledo had Owens playing from the second quarter on in their game last week and the offense looked very fluid with him in the pivot. He seems to have gotten a lot better at hitting his check downs and doesn't seem to be trying to rifle the ball in like I had seem him do in previous years. He is not as good a QB as Wenning but he is pretty good.
I look at Ball and Toledo as very comparable on offense if Owens is in...

however, you'd be hard pressed to say that Ball St has a comparable defense to the rockets... Ball gave up 34 in one half to NTex, 28 to Ill St...while Toledo was giving up 24 to Fla and 38 to Mizzou...how many would those teams have scored on Ball? More for sure, guess you could argue with how much more...

Bottom line is I see a definite defensive edge for Toledo and you throw in the fact that they basically blew the game last year when Ball St beat them with a key 4th down stop and a last minute drive...knocking Toledo out of the top 25 (where they hadn't been since 01)...I think the Rockets will be flying high to win this one...I'm not crazy about it because Ball St is very talented... But I definitely lean Toledo and am thinking about taking them. Owens being healthy is a big key, he looked fine in 3q last week but something to check on...

Homecoming should be interesting for my boys this week against the biggest rival we have - Iowa. I can't say I've seen much of Iowa this year but this matchup has definitely been closer as of late after us getting thumped by them for quite a while. QB Nelson likely still out but Leidner has shown he's definitely capable of moving the ball.

Very physical last week. Interested to see how they look vs. Iowa. They seriously looked better vs Jose than Stanford.
I lean Minny to win

Not sure there is a player in the whole country that means more to his team than #1 on Kent. Not only do you have his game breaking speed but he threatens the edge in a way that makes Durham so much more effective churning up the middle. Kent also getting back a starting lineman thus week which should help shore up the OL.
If you look at Kent's game last week vs Penn St, the defense played well in the first half before getting ground down by being stuck in the field in the second.
They are going to play a lackluster Westen team that just let Iowa kick the shit out if them.
im waiting around hoping to see a 3 but one way or another I'm going to be on the Flashes barring no bad news about DA

Absolutely love the MAC football. And love Kent St as well this year.

Toledo and Ball st should be a fun good game...2 teams that I like A LOT this year

Yeah, definitely the best 3 in the MAC with NIU.
BG and Ohio a step behind. Think Kent can beat up on the bad teams for sure...

Colorado 2-21 SU on the road since 09 and headed into Corvallis.
WVa gave up 37 to Maryland last week, what is Ok State gonna do?
Buckeyes at night and at home...only times they have lost in the Shoe under the lights is Vince Young bringing Texas down the field at the end of the game, and Pryor's freshman year when they couldn't do shit on offense vs. Penn State.

Play: The rare ALL OSU ML parlay...
OSU (Oregon State)/ OSU (Ok State)/The OSU ML parlay 1 unit to win .9

Not sure they can make the total high enough in this game...Ball State has a great passer in Wenning and outstanding balance in their run game so they can score with anyone. The only offensive problem I have seen is a propensity to pound the run often trying to set up some play action when it isn't working that well or you just don't need to cuz you can line up 4 wide and let Wenning pick them apart.

I like Ball St undersized defensive line but they seem a little weak in the DB department not that Army, EMU have been able to take advantage... That changes this week as high powered Toledo comes to town.
Toledo had Owens playing from the second quarter on in their game last week and the offense looked very fluid with him in the pivot. He seems to have gotten a lot better at hitting his check downs and doesn't seem to be trying to rifle the ball in like I had seem him do in previous years. He is not as good a QB as Wenning but he is pretty good.
I look at Ball and Toledo as very comparable on offense if Owens is in...

however, you'd be hard pressed to say that Ball St has a comparable defense to the rockets... Ball gave up 34 in one half to NTex, 28 to Ill St...while Toledo was giving up 24 to Fla and 38 to Mizzou...how many would those teams have scored on Ball? More for sure, guess you could argue with how much more...

Bottom line is I see a definite defensive edge for Toledo and you throw in the fact that they basically blew the game last year when Ball St beat them with a key 4th down stop and a last minute drive...knocking Toledo out of the top 25 (where they hadn't been since 01)...I think the Rockets will be flying high to win this one...I'm not crazy about it because Ball St is very talented... But I definitely lean Toledo and am thinking about taking them. Owens being healthy is a big key, he looked fine in 3q last week but something to check on...
Thanks Mars appreciate your thoughts there, and agree Toledo certainly appears to be better defensively.

KALAMAZOO, MI -- Western Michigan University could be missing a few major pieces for its first Mid-American Conference game Saturday against Kent State.

Freshman receiver Corey Davis, junior cornerback Donald Celiscar and redshirt freshman defensive lineman Mikhail Dubose are all listed as questionable for Saturday's game, head coach P.J. Fleck said Sunday night.

All three suffered concussion-like symptoms in the Broncos' 59-3 loss at Iowa.

Fleck said Davis and Celiscar might have been able to return to action late in the Iowa game had the score been closer.

A decision on the status of the three for the 7 p.m. game Saturday versus Kent State will be made later this week, Fleck said.

All three were held out of Sunday's practice.

Davis is the Broncos' leading receiver with 23 catches for 335 yards and two touchdowns.

Celiscar, the team's best cover corner, is fifth on the team in tackles with 21. He has one interception, two pass break-ups and has defended three passes.

Dubose has played in all four games. He has 11 tackles and has recovered a fumble.

Davis is a true frosh, but also the new go-to guy WR.

I saw he was questionable, now I saw doubtful today (unconfirmed). This story here says he could have returned vs Iowa though.

Not related to this year, but WMU fans have to be happy thinking about the future of Jamie Wilson and Cory Davis in 2014 and beyond. Will be the best WR due in the MAC next year.

GL this weekend Mars.

I know its Oregon/Cal but can we really let them post an 84, with the forecast calling for heavy rain and 25-35 mph winds tomorrow in Eugene?

GL this weekend Mars.

I know its Oregon/Cal but can we really let them post an 84, with the forecast calling for heavy rain and 25-35 mph winds tomorrow in Eugene?

I was thinking about that under earlier today, Doggy. You get a couple of stops and a turnover or two and it goes under almost no matter what...didn't know that weather report. I have always been of the mind that wind is the biggest deal...but heavy rain would seem to slow things down for Oregon right?

I just played it for two units Mars. Like the under even more in Corvallis because the Beavs actually play some defense.

Rain/Wind in Eugene has to favor the under. Cal's offense a bit more dependant on the pass so I'm leaving the side alone, though generally bad weather like this helps just about anyone getting five TD's.

If this weather report is anything close to accurate these numbers have to come down big time tomorrow....

I just played it for two units Mars. Like the under even more in Corvallis because the Beavs actually play some defense.

Rain/Wind in Eugene has to favor the under. Cal's offense a bit more dependant on the pass so I'm leaving the side alone, though generally bad weather like this helps just about anyone getting five TD's.

If this weather report is anything close to accurate these numbers have to come down big time tomorrow....

I agree, I just joined you. I liked it anyway honestly but this weather forecast puts me over the top...

Play: Cal/Oregon Under 84 for 1.5 units

ADD: La Tech pk for 1 unit

Kicking myself for not taking Wake last week...Army is just so undersized on the lines, and really struggling to find a QB and not turn the ball over in the triple option. LT had 450 yards on Kansas but fumbled inside the five a few times or would ahve scored more...They will move the ball on Army and their DL should dominate Army at point of attack. Go to s--k thread for much much more. I think Skip Holtz is good enough to keep LT focused on the task at hand...

ADD: Tennessee -18.5 for 1 unit

Tennessee should dominate the line of scrimmage. If they want to go to a bowl game, they have to win this game. S Alabama lost to Southern Utah earlier this year and I don't see them being able to hang in this game at all.

Back