Week 4 major line moves in-game...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Plenty of activity this morning. All of these moves were legit - for the time being. With the circles on at some places, there's a good chance that some of these will come back later in the week, if not sooner.

Instead of chronological, I'll try to list the movers who were different on each game, so we can see later in the week if there is a correlation in the phonies and the real sides...

379 TCU the movers laid 7.5 this morning.
Same guys 312 Eastern Mich PICK.
Same guys 369 Ga Southern -17 - before the Right Angle release (later in the post). One of these guys actually took +17.5 back.
403 Cal -3 same guys.
321 Texas State +16
342 Duke +10

Different group...
Big group of them laid 304 Memphis State -7 ..... this was before the info about QB Kiel hit the screen as DOUBTFUL; they should be in jail for stealing there.
334 Ohio State -28.5
354 Baylor -33
within 7 minutes of each other, same guys.

I think this was Right Angle. If not, it was another tout. Games came shortly after noon EDT.
370 Idaho +17.5
399 Hawaii +27
405 Fresno +5.5 all the way down to +4.

All of this happened between 11:28 and 12:20 EDT except Duke, which came about 45 mins ago.

The 406 SJST snapback came when Don Worst announced the Fresno QB was Q on Sat for personal reasons.

That's it for today, lads. I'll be back tomorrow with another brief update or two.

:shake:

370, 399, 405 are Bob releases, you are right about the Right Angle games. No idea why DW listed Kiel as ?, I read an article yesterday where coach said on short week he is likely out.

can't be both; either 370, 399 and 405 are Right Angle or Bob, advise if you know of which one. Seemed RA to me but i feel weaker reading the screen this late into September as i have in years.

Gotta love Ticolandia. Guess it was that time of year for them to cut the power for a day (they do it about 3-4 times a year for repairs or some shit i guess)... so I had no power from 730-3 or so local (denver time). Going back through the bet charts to see if anything noticeable happened but I've been told by more than one person that nothing happened with the sides of much relevance. Totals, there were some moved - no surprise as someone trying to beat Right Angle to the number for sure in a few games. Will go through now and report back shortly.

At 3:01 Eastern a group of movers blasted 322 Houston -15. Biggest group I've seen all year, including two accounts I had not identified before. A friend of mine at another large shop says "strange, we got nothing there". Who knows what they're doing.

The same guys who bet 369, 403 etc ayer bet on 324 UConn +8 earlier small. Same guy bet on 339 OV.

Totals:
Movers hit 335 Arky State OV 57.5 (watch the bowl game last year? Seems to make sense to me.)

A guy who has been known to bet Right Angle games before the release has three totals today: I'll let you guys deduce which way he bet them and then tell you after the RAS release tomorrow so as not to ruin things for them by openly outing the possible tomfoolery. The games are 310, 314 and 344. Remind me tomorrow after 3 pm and I'll tell you his sides.

Anything else that moved on the screen today was likely not real. I wasn't here to witness any of it. Back again tomorrow at Right Angle o'clock. Sleep tight, CTG peeps...

:shake:

my guess there saber, is a bad opener. They phonied it up good on Monday night so that it opened around 53.5 on Tuesday morning, then they went to work on it. It went from that price at 11:40 am to 49 exactly 16 minutes later at CRIS. Because two of the places I monitor didn't open the totals until exactly noon and 1 pm EDT ayer, I can't see any money on it so I can't help you. I am sure there is sharp UNDER, just can't ID it from the charts I'm working with.

Overnight the movers went to work on 330 UNDER, they mauled it down from it incredible high of 79 (there might be some Purdue basketball totals that struggle to get much higher than that this year), and punished it some more this AM.

Other early movers before the Right Angle release that are confirmed from a group of totals movers:

352 UN 56.5
373 OV 56

I see a screen move on a few others, particularly on 326 UN in the last few minutes, but cannot verify anything else as authentic at this point. See y'all at 11:25 ish for the fireworks.

there are plenty of other games jumping around on the screen but the usual suspects did not get involved in any of those games; just another group of outside movers bet 3 of them or so here, the rest I'm not sure what is going on but my buddy at BOL says some movers bet four totals at the same time right at 11:30. He's in the weeds so i'll try to get more later from that. You can see from looking at the screen something is amiss in thelast 10 mins.

yes, real easy to figure that out just by seeing them not move at the same time or a little after (at the very latest) everyone else.

311 OVER is the same group who bet 395 OV and 401 OV earlier and several games listed yesterday (and the totals today in post 9).

I show six pieces for Right Angle. Looks like they are finished for now. That about right, niffelguy?

I have no substantiated movements on game 382 UNDER. I'm still using 52 to see if anyone will bite and i'm not getting anything. Looks like the UN move there is phony.

The slight jump in 379 OVER earlier also looks fakey, although I find it funny. Billy is setting it up to blast UN most likely, which is comical. If both teams don't get into the 40s for fun, I will honestly be shocked. I'll wait til Saturday when he gets it down from the 80 ish it is now to about 75 or 76 and go OVER and be counting my money in the 3Q rooting against natural disasters so the game doesn't stop before 55 minutes are played.

310 UN, 324 UN, 352 UN, 386 UN and 401 OV all got hit at BOL and elsewhere before the RAS releases at 11:30 prompt.

yup I just count 6 for RAS

333 Western Michigan Over 58.5
340 West Virginia Under 60
342 Duke Under 59
345 North Texas Over 51
390 Old Dominion Under 59
406 San Jose State Under 58

I'm curious AF to know what RAS could love about a UNT@IOWA Over. UNT is playing fast this year, it's true, but they've only had success against a weak Rice defense. They run better than they pass and that's a bad match up against Iowa. Their tempo won't matter a ton when Iowa just runs the ball with the lead taking 28 seconds off the clock each play in the second half. Anyway...

I'm curious AF to know what RAS could love about a UNT@IOWA Over. UNT is playing fast this year, it's true, but they've only had success against a weak Rice defense. They run better than they pass and that's a bad match up against Iowa. Their tempo won't matter a ton when Iowa just runs the ball with the lead taking 28 seconds off the clock each play in the second half. Anyway...

Yeah, and UNT on the road is an ugly thing

Yes, UNT has one of the worst standardized not at home disadvantages of any team out there. My only concern for the Under in this game is that garbage time becomes long run score time for Iowa versus a tired UNT defense.

yea I think Iowa is the side there being up big and then garbage time scores on both end. I was on Rice last week and thats what started happening when they were up 4 scores. Killed my Under but Rice still covered

Not sure why these bookmakers can deal 304 memphis for full limits and what-not when Kiel is worth easily 4 points or more to the spread (i watched the backup vs. Miami O last week, it was pretty bad)... and yet still have IU/Wake off the board as late as mid-morning today, when the wake QB situation is only prolly 1 point differential tops. just weird.

there was movement on 313 Reno but I could not substantiate it.

Movers did just bet on 402 Arizona +3.5 within the last few minutes. Good for me; Bruins are going to be a play despite all the injuries; Arizona has played no one of note and were the only one of the three UTSA foes not to bash their teeth in.

I found several articles saying Kiel will likely be available.

I have been stressing over this since I jumped on Cincy +10 1/2 early.

the Tennessee move has a couple of *'s.

First, the UF starting QB is still playing; the backup was the one who is missing this game.
Second, the movers bet that game about 45 seconds before the information hit the screen. There was definitely an order on that game, but they had to rush it when they found out the injury was gonna hit the screen.

Small moves on Army and Beegees earlier as well.

The confusing part is the closed practices. If Gunner is really playing, why closed the practices? They are going to prep as if he is playing and could care little about any scheme changes to fit the new QB or to attempt any forms of wildcat or some such crap ...

But the closed practices makes one wonder if Gunner is really a go or not, despite Tubs basically saying he is going to play.

The confusing part is the closed practices. If Gunner is really playing, why closed the practices? They are going to prep as if he is playing and could care little about any scheme changes to fit the new QB or to attempt any forms of wildcat or some such crap ...

But the closed practices makes one wonder if Gunner is really a go or not, despite Tubs basically saying he is going to play.

I think that's the best gamesmanship conclusion one would come to -- but you never know how many poker levels deep each coaching is thinking.

Hogan's status the reason the Tree off at some places now? All I have heard is that he is a go....

@SportsInsights: #NCAAF #Cincinnati - Gunner Kiel, Shoulder - is upgraded to probable Thursday (9/24) at Memphis

Back