HammersSpreads

Pretty much a regular
Season Record: 16-7 (69.6%)
Sides Record: 14-6 (70.00%)
Totals Record: 2-1 (66.67%)

MASTER Record: 2-2 (50%)

HAMMERED Record: 0-1 (0.00%)

6-2 LAST WEEK

SICK. Thats 1 word that describes last week w/ the Bama game. I didn't have a single worry about my bet for a little over 59 minutes of that football game. Maybe hindsight should have bought the hook, but i pegged Bama to win by DD's, and it looked good for most of the game. Congrats to the A&M backers, nonetheless.

2 of the 3 losses of my bigger bets i feel like I was on the right side on, they just didn't turn out to be winners in the end. So instead of being up around 15 units on the year, I now sit at -5 units. I'm confident it will turn around, as I usually do miles better the back half of the year.
Still researching some games, but I will most likely place some bets earlier this week within the next 2 days after I check all my angles, but there are a few I have strong feels for after the research I have done thusfar.

The best part of college football is still ahead of us & it has been an exciting start to the year. I am really looking forward to 2 weeks from now.

Check ya laaaaattteerr

Fortunately I had it at -6.5.

Not to take anything away from Johnny Maziel and their offense because they played exceptionally well on multiple fronts. I was particularly impressed with how well their offensive line played. That said, Tom Ritter's crew gave a whole new meaning to the "12th man" at Kyle Field. It was hard enough to stop Manziel and company without having Ritter and his band of gypsies extending drives with absurd calls. Apparently this is now a catch in the SEC on third down.

View attachment 32671

Ya I hear ya Jimmy. I was golfing for part of a bachelor party, but I was watching it live on an app through my phone. While I didn't get to see every snap, I did get to see a good amount of the game. And it went pretty much as expected, even though a&m did have more offensive success than I figured. Nevertheless, the cover was never in doubt in my mind for almost the whole game. Just a couple plays in the 4th qtr that could have put it out of reach that didn't go in my favor. Ill watch the whole game this week sometime most likely

No book had 6.5, the line never even reached 7. So you bought a whole point just to bet on Alabama? Yeah right. Your bias is amazing, had you read my thread you would have taken Texas +8.5 to the bank.

The line came out at 7, and remained 7 for a couple of days. I bought it off of 7 as I do for most plays that land on 7 or 3. I e-mailed my plays out to quite a few people. All of them know I played it at 6.5.

Texas wasn't +8.5. They were -2.5 to Ole Miss at kickoff, and I had Ole Miss ML @ +125. That was one of 4 ML plays I had last week. All covered, and 3 won straight up.

If you want to continue to post on this site, you will need to leave your Blankets drama at Blankets. This is a site for grown folks who are interested in making money.

N. Illinois -9.5

Couldn't stay away from this. The Huskies having to work for that win last weekend will end up being a blessing in disguise I'm sure. Now they should know they can't just win any game against lesser competition. Also, E Ill isn't sneaking up on anyone after they beat SDSU. FCS schools have a hard time beating FBS schools back to back bc the element of surprise is gone...same reasoning I had in taking Toledo last weekend

N. Illinois -9.5

Couldn't stay away from this. The Huskies having to work for that win last weekend will end up being a blessing in disguise I'm sure. Now they should know they can't just win any game against lesser competition. Also, E Ill isn't sneaking up on anyone after they beat SDSU. FCS schools have a hard time beating FBS schools back to back bc the element of surprise is gone...same reasoning I had in taking Toledo last weekend

As jdn said, this looks like a bit of an overreaction. I like NIU as well.

Thanks all

2 other games that I'm liking A LOT right now, but haven't locked in just yet.

ULL -8
Ball St -11

ill give write ups when I lock them down

Thanks for the love fellas

I'll be locking in my plays tonight most likely.

Really happy I waited on ULL as the number is crashing today. Anybody have an idea what thats happening?

Alright, back to the grind:

ULL (-6)
----- Can you say HANGOVER?? That's what I see from Akron. Akron still isnt very good IMO, and ULL has them outmatched all over the field. ULL had 2 tough roadies to start the schedule, 1 against a team that they match up awfully against (Arkansas) & the other against a team who was PISSED that they got beaten by an FCS school the week before (Kansas St), & although they lost both games, they still played fairly good & didnt get ran out of the stadium. They destroyed Nichols last week just like they should have, & now they should have loads of confidence coming into Akron. While Akron, I have got to believe, is worn out & emotionally drained. Either that, or they are being told how big their "member" is & how good they are by everyone at the University. I think ULL brings them back down to reality this weekend.

Utah St (+7) (-120) & ML (+220)
----- I have eyeballs, & I use them to watch football games. USC should be a top 5 team. USC should destroy Utah St. But USC has to show it to me on the field first. I'll keep trusting my eyes, which tell me Chuckie Keaton is a stud, Utah St is much better coached & much hungrier, & that even though I love Lane Kiffin's cockiness, he can't coach or motivate a team for the life of him. Utah St's last 4 losses have come by a combined 10 points...fun fact.

Ball St. (-11)
----- Waited a little too long & lost the -10.5.....I'm hoping I wont need it at all. I still think E. Michigan is atrocious, & Keith Wenning shouldnt have a problem throwing the ball. They also look to finally get back RB Jahwan Edwards. I laid off Ball St last weekend against N Texas even though it was tempting, but N Texas is beginning to have somewhat of a home field advantage. I just dont see much home field advantage from E. Michigan or Akron

San Jose St (+4) & ML (+150)
---- David Fales can ball. SJSU can ball. They are coming off a bye week & have been in Minnesota for a couple days (from what I hear/read), & I just think they are the better team here. Minnesota pass game is not attractive, and I like how SJSU matches up. I think Fales may GO OFF here.

Also looking hard at:
Rice
Georgia Tech OVER
Arkansas
Baylor

Side note: I really wish Dri Archer for Kent St didnt get hurt week 1. I had every intention on betting them against LSU last week & Penn St this week. The kid is a lot of fun to watch, & if he come back healthy then there could be good value on the Golden Flashes during MAC play.

- Also I am really jazzed up for next saturday OU/ND game. I had plenty of intentions to head to South Bend for it, but it fell through. Once week 5 or 6 get here, football really gets amazing. Get pumped fellas!

NIU (-9.5)
ULL (-6)
Utah St. (+7) & ML
Ball St. (-11)
San Jose St. (+4) & ML

all except SJSU are 2 unit plays. SJSU I am buying a half point & throwing in some parlays, as well as putting a unit on the ML. Usually i have 1 unit plays & then a 3-5 unit play, but this week I equally like my top 4 picks here, so i am thinking I will ride it out with no BIG plays this week.

BOL, Get Money
-BM Hammers

Back