Week 4 Discussion Thread

I might be a tad biased, I’ve always been partial to fsu so it could be easy to have me second guess knowing I liked them last year and clemson turned into part a 3 game stretch where they really struggled. Noles out gained them in that game tho and I just felt like beat themselves before almost coming back. I really feel like it fsu time right now so I tend to agree with you, I’m not sure if that kind of beat down but I do think fsu the better team by more than spread suggest.
I simply think this Dabo run is over and this is the game that shows it

Cole Turner (Clemson's fastest receiver) is officially out for the season as of yesterday.
Thx

I'd like an unbiased opinion from a fan. Not like any of us discredit the past, I'm in concern mode about them

I simply think this Dabo run is over and this is the game that shows it

Kinda relevant to his possible end of a era. You know what team nobody talking bout, I have no clue bout, but has been trucking teams? That Oklahoma school his former dc left to take over at!! So hard to tell what a team is when they smashing inferior teams. That said they held smu to 11 points which most years is a incredibly tough thing to do!! No idea wtf was going on w cincy last week, typical Satterfield coaching I guess! I’m so curious to see Oklahoma vs little better competition, I’m a little tempted to lay the points but not really my style and I’m not super confident like I was w lsu last week, I had a way better feel for what both those teams were. Not real sure On either these 2!

Just have a sneaking suspicion Sooners might be pretty dang good. Cincy 1st home big12 game can’t be dismissed tho.
OU are a fade team for me, Cinci are a play on team

Also I'm not saying ISU will lose every game this year, hell we might be a bowl team

I can however tell you why we can lose every game

OU coach is a perfect fit for the SEC

Sark is opposite that, they are on the fade list next season with Arch getting 6 points too many

I think if Clemson score 10 it's a victory

I believe FSU score 45 minimum
No way FSU scores 45 without at least two defensive scores. This D is better than last year’s, which FSU couldn’t do much against outside of garbage time.

No way FSU scores 45 without at least two defensive scores. This D is better than last year’s, which FSU couldn’t do much against outside of garbage time.
I know FSU’s offense is improved, but not by 28 points a game.

CU Buffs +21. In life there isnt too many opportunities like this one. They have proven to be contenders as dogs ( I dont like them as favorites.)

This week is a A LOT different without Travis Hunter. It is a huge loss. On the other hand they are still an opportunistic Defense. Red zone picks and pick 6's have all been present with the other talented players in their secondary. Kelly is an awesome DC.

On offense we all have seen whats its about. Even without Travis Hunte they can score and S$anders finds the open player. They have struggled with the running game and get 3rd and long and yet still are able to move the chains and score.

Add in Alton McCaskill this week. In 13 games at Houston he ran for over 5 yards a carry made almost 900 rushing yards, scored 17 offensive TD's. If he is up to speed he is another big time game changer. The offense will look much different once again.

I have CU:
+21
+8.5 +276
ML +711

Not too many times do i get a dog with this high line and so much big time players and coaches and that makes be Believe.

IBelieve.

Oregon, who are they this season? @ lines less than -38 points. Only one real game Laying -4.5 @ Texas Tech. Texas Tech is a 7-5 team last season that doesnt look to have added much this season. Oregon allowed Texas Tech to score 30 points last week.

So who has the better D?
We are going to find out:
Oregon's D?
Travis Hunter out, how much does it matter?
CU's running game any difference?
Bo Nix how many mistakes ?

Oregon last season lays -17 at home to bad Stanford. Now this is only one example but its telling of a 21 point line here.

Oregon is 63-131 ATS when their opponent scores 25 + on any line.

Oregon is 7-26 ATS when laying -14 or more and their opponent scores 25 +

I am assuming CU scores 25 + here and I will win my bet +21 and maybe even cash my high odds Alt line(s)

The CU team total is calculated to be 24.5

Oregon 46.5

Last edited:
my last though and this data is all games.

When a favorite has a line-17 or more points and their opponent scores 16 + points the dog covers

and if CU can get their team total >24

Now why wouldnt i just bet the CU team total? because I usually dont bet team totals and if i lose It would drive me crazy!

Was hoping for non fan analytics but I get it. Thanks.
Whats wrong with analytics from a fan? Do you think FSU’s offense has improved that much? Was there something anomalous about FSU’s offensive performance against Clemson last year?

Whats wrong with analytics from a fan? Do you think FSU’s offense has improved that much? Was there something anomalous about FSU’s offensive performance against Clemson last year?
Yes. By a lot.

Going to dig in tonight

This is such a fan's weekend, not sure I see much as a gambler

By a minimum of 28 points?
I don't even know last year's score but will try to play ball

I think FSU score 45

I think Clemson are lucky to score 10

I'm also stretching my lower back so I might be old

Why ISU will lose this weekend:

We are not close to OSU in talent, this will be the week the gambling thing takes its toll

Has nothing to do with QB, Rocco is much better than Dekkers. RB and WR are the issue.

DL is the real issue though, we are a struggle in the trenches right now and this isn't the team to figure that out against

Might still win a bunch of games but we are thin Af and this game is really a problem. Love us against OU and TCU fwiw, this one is bad

OU are a fade team for me, Cinci are a play on team

Also I'm not saying ISU will lose every game this year, hell we might be a bowl team

I can however tell you why we can lose every game

I dunno how ou can be a team you want to fade at this point? I mean there really no way to tell what they are for me.

Far as cincy goes I played them vs pitt, there prob other times I’ll play them but they not a pure play on team for me cause as they showed last week and really the 4th qrtr of pitt game, you can’t really trust a Satterfiekd team all the time, I like things about them but he about the most stubborn play caller and he suxks when it comes to making in game adjustments. I think if venables is really the defensive mind he supposed to be cincy offense could be in trouble this week, I’m just not sure what Ou is tho. Gun to my head I think I’d lay it but prob just gonna watch and see how this goes.

Reactions: KJ
The only half way decent data point for Ou is the Smu game, easily the game their offense struggled the most by the way, but I am more concerned with the defensive side the ball w Ou as you would think the kind of athletes they get combined w Venables would at some point equal a very good defense. Holding smu to 11 points I think is tough to do.

This week will say a lot cause Satterfield can draw up some offense, imo his problem always been he pretty much has no response if what they running that day not working. Think this game be very telling about Venables d, just think if he really is as good as advertised on that side the ball they will make life very difficult for bearcats offense.

i guess the perfect situation in this game would be bet nothing pregame then ou falls behind a few scores and there a tasty live number to play Ou. If there anything you can count on with Satterfield his team will blow several big leads!

Anyone care to guess what Armstrong will do coming back to play against Uva? Think I’ve made it known I’m not a big fan of his or the ncst offense, that said Uva d is very bad, I’d think he be motivated, the question is does Uva know his strengths well enough and/or have the ability to do anything about it? I expect ncst d to hold Uva to very little offensively. Pretty crazy to see a 47 total when Uva has allowed both power 5 schools they faced to score 40+!! This kinda feels like a blowout to me. Armstrong rush prop feels incredibly low unless we think Uva knows him well enough they scheme to take his legs away?

Anyone care to guess what Armstrong will do coming back to play against Uva? Think I’ve made it known I’m not a big fan of his or the ncst offense, that said Uva d is very bad, I’d think he be motivated, the question is does Uva know his strengths well enough and/or have the ability to do anything about it? I expect ncst d to hold Uva to very little offensively. Pretty crazy to see a 47 total when Uva has allowed both power 5 schools they faced to score 40+!! This kinda feels like a blowout to me. Armstrong rush prop feels incredibly low unless we think Uva knows him well enough they scheme to take his legs away?
armstrong is a player just nc state oline and receivers suck - i think nc state is very down - uconn sucks and looked good vs them - notre dame had wide open guys all day. the over looks good here imo - nc state defense not the same and virginia d is worse then last year as well.....kinda like the dog in that one tho

I think the nc state data point for notre dame is really not too meaningful and same for the western kentucky for ohio state - both teams very overrated

I heard from a pretty reputable source that the flu bug hit FSU's locker room pretty hard. Assuming they're recovered this week, the showing in Chestnut Hill probably gave us some value on the Noles. At -2', I'm definitely laying it. Clemson doesn't have difference-makers outside or under center to keep up with FSU offense.
Good info and totally agree on the other part

I heard from a pretty reputable source that the flu bug hit FSU's locker room pretty hard. Assuming they're recovered this week, the showing in Chestnut Hill probably gave us some value on the Noles. At -2', I'm definitely laying it. Clemson doesn't have difference-makers outside or under center to keep up with FSU offense.

I tend to agree, qb-wr-offensive scheme/playcaller I don’t even think it debatable which team is way better in every one those spots. Is it? I’m trying my best to look at both sides this game, i think I’m giving clemson a huge pass for the duke game, maybe more than they deserve but just looking at those areas of both teams I see a huge separation!

Honestly the only path to Clemson winning I can see is a huge game by Shipley combined with Noles totally shitting themselves!! No matter what anyone thinks bout where lsu really is I think at the very least you have to totally respect the number Norvell did on them with halftime adjustments! It’s true lsu offense shot themselves in the foot with drops but far as noles offense they just shredded what I think is a pretty good lsu d in the 2nd half, I think pretty much every one their 2nd half possessions went for scores!! That was as big a game this is so at the very least I think noles have proven capable of being up for challenges. Granted this a true road game but is that really enough to be the difference? I don’t think so.

Virginia is 3-0 to the Over….
With the total this low…..NCst TT over and game over

Virginia is 3-0 to the Over….
With the total this low…..NCst TT over and game over

Yea, the total seems crazy low doesn’t it? Uva has given up 40+ to both power 5 teams they have played and now they have a 47 total??

Can someone explain to me how Florida State is less than a FG against Clemson? Other than the fact this game is being played at Clemson, does Clemson have any other edge or advantage? This is NOT the Clemson team of the past or what we are used to seeing from this team.

Back