Week 4 Discussion Thread

KJ agrees. I was just texting him and I think MTSU is not that good this year but they have played 2 games and have had time to watch the tape and improve, I just do not know how good UTSA is this year

I will say .... football is in the air here tonight.
MTSU on CBS,
2 BIG High School Football games IMG vs Ravenwood & Montgomery Bell Academy vs Brentwood
then Vols vs Scary tomorrow night

KJ agrees. I was just texting him and I think MTSU is not that good this year but they have played 2 games and have had time to watch the tape and improve, I just do not know how good UTSA is this year

I miss KJ

I just think MTSU and their offense start clicking here. I hope.

Tell me what you think happens in vol game
I expect the Vols OLine to dominate, control TOP with Gray & Chandler
JG just needs to manage the game and not force throws to these new young athletic WRs
Pruitt's Defenses have always took steps forward every year no matter where he has been. So I do expect them to be better on D.
It could be a low scoring game

Guess I’m against ya’ll, I was betting the game 2 milw/cards under and saw I could get utsa-6 against mtsu and figured what the hell, might as well see if mtsu is really that bad! Lol

me either but they have played 2 games as well. Maybe if mtsu was facing a squad that hasn’t gotten to play yet id consider them but up against a team who been playing and winning I can’t do it. Utsa does appear to have issues stopping passing games. Problem is mtsu doesn’t appear to have much of one!

I wish Gators/ol piss wasn’t a early game, I think I like the over in that one but don’t like overs in the early slot nearly as much. Feel like gators will probably move the ball at will and kiffen outta be able to dial up a few big strikes. No film on how he gonna use these guys should help them I think.

My plays that are lined up for tomorrow...........

LSU -16.5 over miss state........after years of watching how the Pirate's teams play in openers, this is a no brainer.....favorite play
Florida State +11 over miami.......no rationale here, just a gut feeling this one goes to wire
La Laffayette -11.5 over GSouthern.....just think this is a great spot, with ULL coming off a snoozer spot after a huge effort in Ames.....think they show up from teh start and roll pretty easily

Last edited:
My plays that are lined up for tomorrow...........

LSU -16.5 over ole pisss........after years of watching how the Pirate's teams play in openers, this is a no brainer.....favorite play
Florida State +11 over miami.......no rationale here, just a gut feeling this one goes to wire
La Laffayette -11.5 over GSouthern.....just think this is a great spot, with ULL coming off a snoozer spot after a huge effort in Ames.....think they show up from teh start and roll pretty easily
I know you meant State and discussed Leach. It was late just clearing the air. I had the same exact line and bet in and killed it. But now you got me factoring in this Pirate ‍☠️ first game info. The new coach’s are at a double disadvantage with limited offseason and straight into conference play. This is some wild shit and we should all be sitting on the sidelines. I’m sure I’m gonna win or lose a lot live. No matter what I put in before the games start. Good luck to ya!

I know you meant State and discussed Leach. It was late just clearing the air. I had the same exact line and bet in and killed it. But now you got me factoring in this Pirate ‍☠ first game info. The new coach’s are at a double disadvantage with limited offseason and straight into conference play. This is some wild shit and we should all be sitting on the sidelines. I’m sure I’m gonna win or lose a lot live. No matter what I put in before the games start. Good luck to ya!

LOL....jesus.....yes I have had some drinks, but not that many....fixing my post to correct....thanks for the note and good luck tomorrow.....

Ive seem some references to line moves in VT game. There are rumors that Hooker is out. Not sure if its been reported yet.

I expect the Vols OLine to dominate, control TOP with Gray & Chandler
JG just needs to manage the game and not force throws to these new young athletic WRs
Pruitt's Defenses have always took steps forward every year no matter where he has been. So I do expect them to be better on D.
It could be a low scoring game

What is your level of concern about Vol receiver group vs SCar D? I liked Tennessee, I just have some hesitation of being able to trust their O in a week 1 game vs a decent D....especially having to cover as a fav. Would be on them in a second if they were +3.5.

What is your level of concern about Vol receiver group vs SCar D? I liked Tennessee, I just have some hesitation of being able to trust their O in a week 1 game vs a decent D....especially having to cover as a fav. Would be on them in a second if they were +3.5.

Not concerned about the WR group at all. Probably more talent there now. The biggest ? As always will be how JG plays.

Not concerned about the WR group at all. Probably more talent there now. The biggest ? As always will be how JG plays.

I think Vols win pretty easily, but I learned a long time ago just to play the ML when Vols have a short spread.

I suspect South Carolina could struggle to score.

Been a dog series. I'm away from home and don't have all my info with me, but I can see that dog has covered last 5.

I suspect South Carolina could struggle to score.

Been a dog series. I'm away from home and don't have all my info with me, but I can see that dog has covered last 5.

I have zero idea how South Carolina is going to generate offense. I don’t even mind the Colin Hill guy - just nothing else there for him.

VT DE Justus Reed is in his 7th year of eligibility and if he comes back next year with the ncaa allowing everyone an extra year this year, he could be playing in his 8th year of eligibility. That is crazy. 7 is crazy. 6 is rare, but it happens. I don't think I had every heard of 7. Started at Florida, went to YSU and now at VT.

Sanders needs his mobility. Even if they put him out there, not sure he will be able to move around right. So a limited Sanders probably isn't any better than the kid that finished the Tulsa game (who only threw 5 passes though).

Plus the OkSt OL sucks, not sure it is smart to put a hobbled QB behind that group.

Kansas is total garbage.

Brewer is solid, good D, everything else about Baylor to me is a question mark

Yeah, but...

Charlie Brewer enters about every game with a 50-50 chance of being concussed.

Kansas did cover vs these bowl teams in 2019 - BC, OU, Texas and Iowa State. If you follow the Tahoe bad team rule, you don't try and pick the week the bad team will be good because most weeks they won't be good.

Yeah, but...

Charlie Brewer enters about every game with a 50-50 chance of being concussed.

Kansas did cover vs these bowl teams in 2019 - BC, OU, Texas and Iowa State. If you follow the Tahoe bad team rule, you don't try and pick the week the bad team will be good because most weeks they won't be good.

I agree with everything you said. In fact I chose not to put Baylor in unbeatable ML parlay cuz I'm not really feeling them at all.

A few nuggets of wisdom always stick with me from members. Tahoe's emphasis on not betting bad teams is right up there.

One time NBAfan commented to me after Steelers lost game 1 and I was knocked out of survivor unceremoniously and I was like originally I wasnt even going to play them and he was like trust your 1st instinct. The bets I make gameday are not nearly as strong as the ones I bet early in week.

Let's go s_k! Have a day.

Thanks bro. Hopefully new qb is good.

Why are they out
Waller's foot is still hurt from last year. Hooker had Covid but was cleared yesterday. It is unclear why he is not playing. I could be from lack of practice for two weeks or there are rumors that it is something else. There were about 20 players/coaches that are for this game out due to Covid.

Back