Week 4 discussion thread

"Sharps" might bite at 10 if it gets there. But you cant pick a game w/ Check down Charlie. Indy is not good. Period. But Whitehurst is just bad.

yeahhh, not happy I have the Titans a couple ways w no Locker, I thought he would still play. ughh

Bears and Jets will both likely be plays if they get to 3. I think books NEED to get the Jets to 3 for sharp buy back. Everyone and their grand ma is on the Lions. Pretty dumb IMO to back the Lions on the road.

Bears, I dunno. Pack need a W pretty bad. But I still have visions of Randall Cobb's 70yrd td reception to end the Bears season stuck in my head. If that team has any balls, I'm sure they remember too. That will be a war (pardon my expression considering the time we are in today). Send home the troops!

Surprised KC remains at 3.5 even with Charles playing. I'd venture to guess JC Superstar is worth about .5 point on the line. Maybe not? I like the Cheifs, but my problems is that this pick seems too trendy. I'm seeing a lot of folks around here on the dog. NFL dog plays are money makers, but I prefer playing the ones that everyone hates (i.e. Tampa this week)

Bears and Jets will both likely be plays if they get to 3. I think books NEED to get the Jets to 3 for sharp buy back. Everyone and their grand ma is on the Lions. Pretty dumb IMO to back the Lions on the road.

Bears, I dunno. Pack need a W pretty bad. But I still have visions of Randall Cobb's 70yrd td reception to end the Bears season stuck in my head. If that team has any balls, I'm sure they remember too. That will be a war (pardon my expression considering the time we are in today). Send home the troops!

Normally I would agree with you regarding the lions, but in this case I think the Lions are a nightmare matchup for the Jets. The Lions d-line should smother the Jets running game without stacking the box and force Geno to beat them. On the flip side, the Lions have the weapons at WR to expose the Jets weak secondary. This is a matchup play on my part and I think the Lions should win this game.

Normally I would agree with you regarding the lions, but in this case I think the Lions are a nightmare matchup for the Jets. The Lions d-line should smother the Jets running game without stacking the box and force Geno to beat them. On the flip side, the Lions have the weapons at WR to expose the Jets weak secondary. This is a matchup play on my part and I think the Lions should win this game.

Let's not ignore the elephant in the room. Calvin Johnson is Questionable. He almost always plays on a QUES tag, but something worth monitoring.

I hate making really square plays but Detroit should beat the jets..

Equal on defense, much better offense..

I will bet Detroit then kick myself when they are down 24-17 with 8 minutes left..

I agree with this actually as sharp as the Jets look, all the Lions need is for stafford to bring his C game and they cover

I hate making really square plays but Detroit should beat the jets..

Equal on defense, much better offense..

I will bet Detroit then kick myself when they are down 24-17 with 8 minutes left..

You always have to be wary of the possibility the Lions go full retard and take a bunch of stupid penalties and make egregious errors to cost them a game. I've seen it happen way too many times to have full confidence in them in any situation. That being said, I like the play enough from a matchup perspective to pull the trigger.

Totally agree....Detroit can turn into mental midgets in a heartbeat but I cannot see jets matching up and if Calvin plays and is healthy then I can see Detroit winning handily

Regarding New England...New England O line is in shambles....so far...belichick's teams have started slow in the past and developed into well balanced teams by the 4th/5th week...the diehards up here think that the talent is there and they just have to get their schemes down as they have done in the past...Brady is dead last in the league in time allowed to identify receiver and throw....something like 2.4....so don't write him off until we get a line in front of him....all that said I will be on KC or nothing this week....If a 2.5 pops up then I may the Pats and buy it back at 3.5 at game time....very doubtful....so will look for a 3.5 and jump on KC and if no line movement then I will take a flyer on the ML as I just don't see the Pats winning this game....if they do then I think we will have a legitimate team....pats d although not allowing many points has looked suspect to me as well....but my underlying belief is that belichick is just building the blocks and this team will perform better in the coming weeks....just not this week

You always have to be wary of the possibility the Lions go full retard and take a bunch of stupid penalties and make egregious errors to cost them a game. I've seen it happen way too many times to have full confidence in them in any situation. That being said, I like the play enough from a matchup perspective to pull the trigger.
:shake:

Looking at SF for 1H. They've gotten off to great starts only to not show up 2H. The other side has gotten off to shitty starts getting down double digits early. It's a little to early for 'must win' games but this SF is really in need of a win today. They should be focused. All week on local radio there's been turmoil from Harbaugh, to CK, to the undisciplined offense. They should show up. Watch them be down double digits HT though haha.

also like Jay Cutler OVER 262.5 yards. love his weapons in B Marshall, A Jeffery, M Bennett, and Forte coming out of the backfield.

I guess he is. Fading him

The Tennessee Titans will start quarterback Charlie Whitehurst in place of the injured Jake Locker against the Colts on Sunday at Indianapolis, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
[+] Enlarge<cite>AP Photo/Darron Cummings</cite>The Titans' Jake Locker is out Sunday after injuring his wrist last week against the Bengals.

Whitehurst will have the Titans' leading receiver available to help him Sunday as tight end Delanie Walker, listed as questionable with a shoulder injury, will play, a source said.
Whitehurst's starting nod was expected as Locker was unable to practice last week because of an injured wrist.
Whitehurst backed up Philip Rivers in San Diego last season, where first-year Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt was the offensive coordinator.
Locker was 17-of-34 for 185 yards and two interceptions last week against the Bengals, producing a 41.9 passer rating while taking two sacks and running six times for 50 yards. He is not sure at what point in the game his wrist injury occurred.
This will be Whitehurst's fifth career start but first since 2011 when he was with the Seahawks.

The Original™ @FadeFriend · 1h

NFLx 3-5-1NFL 5-8CFB 19-16FF locked in 8*Green Bay Packers -2 (-107)#MTFBWU BOL
<b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply js-tooltip" data-modal="tweet-reply" type="button" title="Reply" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px;">Reply</button>0 replies</b>
<b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet js-tooltip" title="Retweet" data-modal="tweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px;">Retweet</button><button class="ProfileTweet-actionCount js-actionCount js-tooltip" data-activity-popup-title="1 retweet" data-tweet-stat-count="1" title="1 retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 4px; position: relative; top: 2px; transition: padding 0.5s ease-out; -webkit-transition: padding 0.5s ease-out;">1 retweet1</button></b>
<b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite js-tooltip" title="Favorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px;">Favorite</button><button class="ProfileTweet-actionCount js-actionCount js-tooltip" data-activity-popup-title="2 favorites" data-tweet-stat-count="2" title="2 favorites" type="button" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 4px; position: relative; top: 2px; transition: padding 0.5s ease-out; -webkit-transition: padding 0.5s ease-out;">2 favorites2</button></b>
<b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(41, 47, 51);"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionCount js-actionCount js-tooltip" data-activity-popup-title="2 favorites" data-tweet-stat-count="2" title="2 favorites" type="button" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 4px; position: relative; top: 2px; transition: padding 0.5s ease-out; -webkit-transition: padding 0.5s ease-out;">
</button></b>

late I know but Buffalo +pts is the side to be on. I said last week the Bills would lose to the Chargers but this week they run all over Houston.

Giants subject to this trend...

Game 4 underdogs of more than 1 point are 45-15-3 ATS if they won their first game of the season the week prior.

For next season,

Game 4 underdogs of more than 1 point are 47-15-3 ATS if they won their first game of the season the week prior (2-0 ATS this season, Giants and KC).

Back