Week 4 DFS/Props Discussion

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
Not the greatest on posted prop plays, the sides weren't bad though

Hopefully the thought process, and all the comments helped others find plays, as there was other decisions that could be made for profit within those posts. DFS was slightly profitable on main slate, good on sunday showdown, not the greatest tonight.

But onto week 4.... I'll actually try my best to get info in prior to Saturday, if not... I may be M.I.A., have a wedding Sat, and can't promise attention can be made Sun morning.

Will post them as it comes

Not the greatest on posted prop plays, the sides weren't bad though

Hopefully the thought process, and all the comments helped others find plays, as there was other decisions that could be made for profit within those posts. DFS was slightly profitable on main slate, good on sunday showdown, not the greatest tonight.

But onto week 4.... I'll actually try my best to get info in prior to Saturday, if not... I may be M.I.A., have a wedding Sat, and can't promise attention can be made Sun morning.

Will post them as it comes
Love this thread, moreso as a learning tool on many things...

Great info last week.

Big help.

Some Milly Maker trends to remember for Sunday's.

These 4 are the sole positive leverage trends when it comes to game/team stacking lineups.

51~% of the top 0.1% of lineups in the milly maker have a stack of QB/WR, 25~% of them bring it back with a WR from opposing team.
18~% of the top 0.1% of lineups in the milly maker have a stack of QB/RB/WR, 22~% of them bring it back with a WR.

QB/RB/WR + WR - 4.26% of top lineups (biggest leverage)
QB/RB/WR - 13.88% of top lineups
QB/WR + WR - 12.4% of top lineups
QB/WR - 38.96% of top lineups (lowest leverage)

69.5% of top lineups have 1 of those mixtures in their roster.

Tonights best lineup is 4-2 (4 winning players - 2 losing), and the top leverage captain spot, in positive order -- RB2/K/WR2/WR1... RB1 is close, but comes in negatively.

I WOULD NOT captain a QB --- 25.4% of all entries do so in this game enviroment, and only 3.2% end in the top 0.1% (of all lineups).

JAC - I guess Hyde would be the RB2 to take a flyer on, but I'm passing. he has almost 0 passing upside, and while his snap% went up (while robinson went down) I think how robinson ended the game last week will give him more time to shine this week.

Shenaults numbers have gone down, and Chark/Jones Jr. have both gone up.. both are the WR1/2's as well and would be the ones I'm targetting. (I mentioned above no RB2 for me, and I can't stomache a kicker captain either). Charks aDOT was 16.33 last week, and 15.11 for the season. Jones aDOT was 7.5 last week, and 11.65 for the season.

Hollister seems to be the TE you can punt/have as a cheap option, he was out there 68% of the time, 2 catches on 6 targets.

CIN - Same initial comments, not taking a RB2, not going Mixon, not going kicker.... Hello WR1/2, especially with no higgins again . Chase and Boyd as captains as well, and will be the only 4 I roster. I will probably be underweight Chase and he will be the highest owned wr of the bunch, but hard not to have him. Boyd/Chase had 6/5 targets respectively last week.. Doesn't seem like a lot, but that was on 18!! pass attempts by burrow. 61% of his attempts are going to these guys without higgins. And they're playing a more susceptible defense this week. Both aDOT's were good last week 11 for boyd, and 13.6 for chase. This is high to start the year for boyd, but that may be a product of no higgins... so I still do like his upside.

As for ASR/ALY (Adjusted sac rate/adjusted line yards) neither situation for both teams is top or bottom 10 aside from a plus spot for jacs offensive protection, as lawrence is in the 9th best spot for the week (strictly referring to adjusted sack rate)

Pace of play is projected to be 5th highest for the week.

TEN/NYJ

11th expected pace of play for the week.
Titants have the 8th highest team totoal of the main slate, Jets are tied for bottom 3rd. (of 26)

DVOA wise, titans defense doesn't seem to scary. But they're expected to play with a lead, and defensively have the 3rd best ASR numbers for the week. Getting pressure to a qb, a rookie one that's thrown 7 interceptions on 106 pass attempts. He's been sacked 15 times, and hit 25 times on 123 dropbacks. Almost 33% of the time, a defensive hand is on him.... What I'm getting at is it isn't a bad option to start Tennessee defense in DFS/Year long leagues even though they're on the bottom half of DVOA, they're worse against the run, then the pass, but the idea here is that as the projected gamescript continues on they won't have to worry about the run.

What's the most obvious stack with a teams defense? Their RB, which is obviously a Henry play. Now with Julio/Brown out, there is a conversation to be had to fade some Henry, and do a tanny + wr combo, as it will be dirt cheap and open up space elsewhere. You can even do Tanny/Henry + WR. (look at post #4). I dont hate either direction. Or fade it entirely, and solo punt the TE, he may be tannehills most reliable player but know the Jets have limited TE's from scoring fantasy points thus far. One negative to note, which is a positive to fading henry, is that NYJ defensive line has the 8th best line yard matchup, and they have to be thinking we need to just stop henry this game to have a chance at success. So in big GPPs, its absolutely something to think about. ANOTHER NOTE - Almost missed this, but NYJ are actually 5th in ASR situation, meaning they should generate pressure on tanny who's without his 2 big wr's. Hmmm.

From a PPR perspective, davis can be considered, for the season his aDOT is 11.69, and is getting over 7 targets a game. If crowder is back, eliminate berrios. I do think this game will be closer than the matchups they had vs the Pats/Den. So if it's closer to game 1, Davis should end above his season averages. There TE situation is 5050, as well as the RB... we can't trust the production, if you want to take a shot, go ahead, but I'll look elsewhere if I need salary relief --- but like mentioned above, they may have success running the ball, but will they be scripted out of it? Also with coleman healthy, it now becomes a 3 headed monster.

KCC/PHI

It's hard not to like the best TE in the game in Kelce here. I understand why teams are/have shifted to selling out to stop the pass now. See Chargers last week vs Chiefs. While some may think Hill is playing hurt, and maybe so, stopping him led to the highest target share of the year for Kelce. Quietly, philly has allowed limited deep receptions, and the only team in the league to hold WR units to an average that's under 100 receiving yards. What does this lead too, TE funnel, as they're ranked 6th in points given up to TEs, and now you're facing kelce... yes please. The game is middle of the pack in terms of pace of play, but KC has the 2nd highest TT of the main slate. IT's kelce, and I'd consider Helaire. I liked that his usage went up last week despite playing from behind more often, now this may be because its what the chargers were giving them, well this is what philly will be giving them too, and its a good way to get exposure to a high scoring offense in a higher leverage spot. LEt me add that they're 5th in adjusted line yards (ALY) situation for the week.

From a Philly perspective, I am leaning more to backing them, but I can't stomach possibly having only 2 of their original/starting Olineman. Last week they were in a similar situation and they ran the ball 3 times with RBs, 3 times, yes 3 times. So Hurts?! He is getting a lot of buzz, which I hate, as a naked/low salary play. But KCC is at/near bottom in both Passing/Running DVOA metrics. Now you want to pair him with someone, its tough... I'd throw out the TEs, as thats a timeshare I don't want to guess. I want more upside than reagor, Devonta makes sense with a high aDOT of 14.61 for the season, he was also out their 98% of the time. I don't hate a super low owned pivot, and long shot threat in Watkins... He's seen his snaps increase each week, most recently 66%, you'd think he will get more opportunities than 2 if that continues to go up, and they're playing from behind. While I said RB attempts concerned me, this is a better spot than last week, and PHI has the 10th best ALY situation (but may be hurt without the lineman), I won't have much but may sprinkle.

T. Kelce Rec Yds O92.5 -115 2.3-2

ARI/LAR

I'm taking a mostly fade, just one offs, approach to this game. I think most see it and go woah, highest O/U, with a tighter spread. However, both these teams defend the pass better than the run. It's a divisional matchup, and is the 6th highest expected pace of play for the entire week (that part maybe isn't a negative, but I'd think most see it as higher/faster). I don't want Dhop vs ramsey.... ( )) I don't want goalline only conner to continue to vulture edmonds (if you're going here, edmonds is the higher ceiling option for sure). What I would be interest in is the inside option of Kirk who will primarly be covered by Williams, who was a great CB prior years but has got off to a baddd start. Kirks snap share is concerning at 59% for the season, but he's being utilized when he's out there. I think others see this game and think moore/hopkins/green before kirk (atleast moore/hopkins). But his aDOT his huge at an average of 16.5 for the season, and thats with 1 less target than hopkins and green. You can kind of make a similar arguement with green, just a lower aDOT, and I won't talk you off that. But those would be my 1, and possibly 2 options here.

From a rams perspective, I want 1 of 2 things. I need to know if henderson is fully healthy, no limits, as he dominated the snap share week 1, and the rams have been nice to letting their guy for the week, be their guy. He averaged 14.5 carries and 3 targets per game through week 1/2, and that was with missing 1 quarter of the 2nd game. So we're getting a guy, expected to get 20~ touches, at a super cheap price. In a game that's scripted to be close. Oh, and LAR is 4th in ALY this week, let me here the news first, but ready to sign me up. I'm fading Kupp here, he is staffords favorite target, and the #1 fantasy receiver (I think) to start, but the price gap between him and woods is starting to get insane, so I'll bite it to see it. I'd rather grab woods as a cheap, low owned pivot to a guy who will be high owned.

ARI/LAR U54 -110 1.1-1

I may be adding henderson props as well.

good stuff bro...

i had a hell of a time making lineups i was happy with on DK so didnt play many.. i like a cousins/theilen or jefferson stack, thelen just cheaper and always seems to get more red zone targets!! browns secondary still not that great imo... i like Diggs today, he gonna go off eventually then his price be back up with adams and cheetah. would like to go with a bills RB as i think game script will undoubtedly lead to lot of carries in this one in 2nd half, just not sure which rb? singletary or moss? thoughts?

taken some corey davis vs his old squad who's secondary isnt very good.. pretty cheap at 5k and think he could put up wr1 numbers today..

good stuff bro...

i had a hell of a time making lineups i was happy with on DK so didnt play many.. i like a cousins/theilen or jefferson stack, thelen just cheaper and always seems to get more red zone targets!! browns secondary still not that great imo... i like Diggs today, he gonna go off eventually then his price be back up with adams and cheetah. would like to go with a bills RB as i think game script will undoubtedly lead to lot of carries in this one in 2nd half, just not sure which rb? singletary or moss? thoughts?

Sorry in crunch time, and I'm in a lot of pain at the moment.

I hate to say it, but I think it's Moss over Singletary, if you're going that route, after being put in the closet his snap share went up, and was getting the better opportunities. I went like 80-20 moss./singletary

Sorry in crunch time, and I'm in a lot of pain at the moment.

I hate to say it, but I think it's Moss over Singletary, if you're going that route, after being put in the closet his snap share went up, and was getting the better opportunities. I went like 80-20 moss./singletary

right on, thanks.. was leaning singletary just cause think he has more big play potential but moss seems to be the guy in short yardage.. plus singletary tad cheaper but ill start adding some moss..

taken some corey davis vs his old squad who's secondary isnt very good.. pretty cheap at 5k and think he could put up wr1 numbers today..

ex coworker of mine who has finished top 10 in milly maker a few years back (and 33rd last week for 2500) likes him a lot as a cheap option

I'm regretfully underweight henry, and I want more kamara/barkley, but just haven't done it... theres a lot of low $ rb's

barkley scares me today but he is looking more spry.. just worry bout his blocking against a good saints run d.. id like to have some lions rb shares but again not sure which the better to have? if i was sure about swift being healthy he gotta be the guy right? catching a ton of passes

barkley scares me today but he is looking more spry.. just worry bout his blocking against a good saints run d.. id like to have some lions rb shares but again not sure which the better to have? if i was sure about swift being healthy he gotta be the guy right? catching a ton of passes
swift 100%

I like that, believe I said it last week, but he is more utilized in the passing game

I like that, believe I said it last week, but he is more utilized in the passing game

He caught more passes in Seattle than I ever seen before! You would think this be a good day for them to use him in passing game

I did like 10 lineups in 15 minutes! Lol. I usually take days and steady and shit. No time this week so just winged it! Lol.

Think starting next week I might start focusing on prop bets so will try to be more involved in thread sooner than 30 min before kick!! Seems to be somewhat easier than picking winners for me in nfl! Lol. Hit burrow over on Thursday so now I think I’m a expert! :)

1633291587484.png

Some frustration. and I know its shoulda/coulda/woulda, and laugh at my miller pick all day, I am too. But if I went Hill/Cheap TE (like dissly), over Kelce/Cheap WR(miller) I'd have 224.32 points currently, which is good for 6th place in the milly maker, while having the TE pending. FML

And if you go back to post #4, its the QB/RB/WR+WR stack. Mahomes/Helaire/Hill + D. Smith.

Tonight looks like a good game for some props! Didn’t see a week 5 thread yet! Did I miss it or have you not gotten up yet?

We just gotta figure out who Ramsey taking away and key on the other seattle wr! I would think he sticks more to DK and Lockett hasn’t been as involved last few, he tends to shine on prime time scoring a td in 4 of his 6 games!

Will woods being a little disgruntled have Stafford looking his way more tonight? Sure Kupp will have a field day vs this Seattle secondary!

Too late, just saw this, but, on Russ under 24.5 completions. So far, so good, only 8 at halftime.

I'll have to remember to post a couple in here for Sunday.

Tonight looks like a good game for some props! Didn’t see a week 5 thread yet! Did I miss it or have you not gotten up yet?

We just gotta figure out who Ramsey taking away and key on the other seattle wr! I would think he sticks more to DK and Lockett hasn’t been as involved last few, he tends to shine on prime time scoring a td in 4 of his 6 games!

Will woods being a little disgruntled have Stafford looking his way more tonight? Sure Kupp will have a field day vs this Seattle
Squeaky wheel gets the grease huh? Great call on woods! You gettin pretty good at these prop bets!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease huh? Great call on woods! You gettin pretty good at these prop bets!

Cant believe I never tried much before. All the time I spend on dfs!! Screw trying to pick nfl winners, I suck at that! Lol.

Got both woods before half!! Lockett has gotten some tough breaks or he be there already, still only 1 catch and 23 yards from cashing. Just cashed djax over 20.5! Need Russ 2nd td since they took off board thanks to that bs hold.

Cant believe I never tried much before. All the time I spend on dfs!! Screw trying to pick nfl winners, I suck at that! Lol.

Got both woods before half!! Lockett has gotten some tough breaks or he be there already, still only 1 catch and 23 yards from cashing. Just cashed djax over 20.5! Need Russ 2nd td since they took off board thanks to that bs hold.
Man, i haven’t had great success with player lrops in general. Every now and then you can find a bad/slow-moving line (with injuries, suspensions, etc.). K props were pretty good to me in MLB, but not so much in foots so far

Man, i haven’t had great success with player lrops in general. Every now and then you can find a bad/slow-moving line (with injuries, suspensions, etc.). K props were pretty good to me in MLB, but not so much in foots so far

I found a freaking college gem tonight also. Tune over 232.5 passing. Hit it in 3rd qrtr!

Sorry! Been busy...and have another wedding Sunday (non stop....) I'll try my best to get other thread going later tonight/tomorrow...no worries if you create(d) it

Sorry! Been busy...and have another wedding Sunday (non stop....) I'll try my best to get other thread going later tonight/tomorrow...no worries if you create(d) it

I thought about but didn’t wanna take over as you doing a great job! If you busy tho I don’t mind starting. Im finishing my ncaa card then I’ll try to get it going before I go to sleep if you don’t have up yet!

Back