Week 4 B1G Thread....

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Last week...

OSU toyed with the Hoosiers. The defense this year is much better as well... Vary good team....QB health will be paramount all season long...

Illiniois ran into big ten killers the emu eagles. Nothing you can do there. BP was up n down all day.

MInnesota..um wow...didn’t see any of it but they pulled it off.

Purdue got just beat up by TCU. THat was ugly...

Nebraska was better this week it seemed. Insane value there on the lines too...hope people took advantage...

Iowa gutted out a marathon day.

Psu is lucky the opposing coach is worse than MR. PEanut....

Maryland came back to reality a bit, which was expected... they are solid though....

Michigan and WIsconsin had byes....did Rutgers? Lol.

Northwestern took care of business...

Which brings us to asu-MSU....

The spartan musical chairs with coaches this off-season was funny and now you know why. Saturday is also one of the worst coaching performances of Dantonios career. He was brutal. And he did not take any accountability afterwards. Obviously this is a great run defense but that offense doesn’t inspire much at all. i felt for Lewerke at the end. He was looking at sides lines for help and the staff provided very little. The use of timeouts on defense was atrocious... not taking one shot with eleven seconds left was very questionable as well. This loss goes on DAntonio....and him only...

Was there a potential penalty on 2nd fg? Sure. But, he deflected all blame away from himself and coaches by blaming refs. He conveniently forgot that they were gifted a pass interference on that drive. Put your players in position to win...bottom line...

THis week....

Michigan in MAdison....

MSU goes to Evanston...

Indiana hosts UConn...

Rutgers gets BC at home...

OSU takes on Miami Ohio...

Illinois and NEbraska in a night game...

Sorry for choppy thread..not typing on something I’m used to but let’s get discussing...

I want to note. I'm not trying to trash MSU. That loss hurts a huge RSW invest I have. He looked befuddled. It's pretty well known this might be his last year (this group leaves they have not much coming back plus recruiting is a dumpster fire right now). I know he wants a special year. Plenty of time for that. Their Super Bowl is a few months away and they will be in thick of East race still imo. This week, they need that NW Mouse off their backs. Huge game.

I think MSU responds but laying a TD on road is ridiculous. OSU value is gone. Nebraska -10 at Illy...hmmm... Iu laying 26.5...

Last week...

OSU toyed with the Hoosiers. The defense this year is much better as well... Vary good team....QB health will be paramount all season long...

Illiniois ran into big ten killers the emu eagles. Nothing you can do there. BP was up n down all day.

MInnesota..um wow...didn’t see any of it but they pulled it off.

Purdue got just beat up by TCU. THat was ugly...

Nebraska was better this week it seemed. Insane value there on the lines too...hope people took advantage...

Iowa gutted out a marathon day.

Psu is lucky the opposing coach is worse than MR. PEanut....

Maryland came back to reality a bit, which was expected... they are solid though....

Michigan and WIsconsin had byes....did Rutgers? Lol.

Northwestern took care of business...

Which brings us to asu-MSU....

The spartan musical chairs with coaches this off-season was funny and now you know why. Saturday is also one of the worst coaching performances of Dantonios career. He was brutal. And he did not take any accountability afterwards. Obviously this is a great run defense but that offense doesn’t inspire much at all. i felt for Lewerke at the end. He was looking at sides lines for help and the staff provided very little. The use of timeouts on defense was atrocious... not taking one shot with eleven seconds left was very questionable as well. This loss goes on DAntonio....and him only...

Was there a potential penalty on 2nd fg? Sure. But, he deflected all blame away from himself and coaches by blaming refs. He conveniently forgot that they were gifted a pass interference on that drive. Put your players in position to win...bottom line...

THis week....

Michigan in MAdison....

MSU goes to Evanston...

Indiana hosts UConn...

Rutgers gets BC at home...

OSU takes on Miami Ohio...

Illinois and NEbraska in a night game...

Sorry for choppy thread..not typing on something I’m used to but let’s get discussing...

Ok but to be fair:

“Ultimately, it’s my responsibility, and I need to take responsibility, which I will,” Dantonio said Sunday night on a conference call with reporters

Sounds like he took accountability. But yeah, absolutely ridiculous on his part, gotta feel for Lewerke for having to suffer through this dumpster mess of coaching

Ok but to be fair:

“Ultimately, it’s my responsibility, and I need to take responsibility, which I will,” Dantonio said Sunday night on a conference call with reporters

Sounds like he took accountability. But yeah, absolutely ridiculous on his part, gotta feel for Lewerke for having to suffer through this dumpster mess of coaching
Oh he did 24 hours later? Good. He wasn't a leader after the game. He looked stunned/befuddled. I get it's tough to talk right after but since MSU made all assistants UNAVAILABLE to the media...he had to talk better.

I have never felt so snake bitten and clueless about the league after a few weeks. I believe my only two BT winning bets this season are Rutgers over UMass and Purdue over Vandy. Just not seeing things right.

At this point I’m passing on them all. Gut is telling me to take the points with NW but I just think that QB is terrible. They could legit lose 10-0. Also kinda want to back the Buckeyes over 60. But I think I’ll just watch Wisconsin-Michigan as a fan and steer clear.

The line was way off. Hindsight confirms that obviously, I suspected as much at the time. I was on 1st H, 2nd H and game for Nebraska. Part an NIU fade and part an Neb buy.

Utah was -23 or something vs NIU. I think that line was off, too low, but I lost that one as NIU covered. So just because a line is off doesn't mean it wins. Utah was asleep at the wheel early and we saw again last week that Utah just doesn't do much on O.

But what is funny is to consider, Neb -13 home vs NIU (which is what I grabbed Saturday when it dipped), flip that for a hypothetical away fav role...- 4-5-ish Neb at NIU. So now look at this week...Neb -13.5 at ILL (or would be 21-ish in Lincoln vs ILL). NIU would be favored over ILL? That is messed up.

Also kinda want to back the Buckeyes over 60.

Nice thing about games like this, for OSU or any power team really, is they could get the over themselves. 51 at IU (9 pts on a D TD and safety). That game just barely crossed past the over, but they had a scoreless 4th qrt. OSU only scored 17 pts in three 4th quarters this season. Cincinnati pretty clearly was hung over from their OSU game the week prior. No reason to believe OSU doesn't start fast again this week. I guess what we don't know is what will their 2nd H and 4th qrt scoring potential going to be? Maybe a 1st H over?

Nice thing about games like this, for OSU or any power team really, is they could get the over themselves. 51 at IU (9 pts on a D TD and safety). That game just barely crossed past the over, but they had a scoreless 4th qrt. OSU only scored 17 pts in three 4th quarters this season. Cincinnati pretty clearly was hung over from their OSU game the week prior. No reason to believe OSU doesn't start fast again this week. I guess what we don't know is what will their 2nd H and 4th qrt scoring potential going to be? Maybe a 1st H over?
Worked last week. Books put out a soft 1H TT too.

Anyone actually laying -10 with MSU this week?

I saw it open at -4 and didn't feel comfortable laying that number with this clown show of an offense but maybe it was really dumb to pass there?

I think that Arizona State has a decent D in their own right.

Michigan State did accumulate 404 yards. They missed 2 FGs after 60 yard drives in the 1st H. They move the ball, but stall out.

I think that Arizona State has a decent D in their own right.

Michigan State did accumulate 404 yards. They missed 2 FGs after 60 yard drives in the 1st H. They move the ball, but stall out.
I wanted to point that out to. They moved it at times but couldn't complete drives at all.

Northwestern has won 3 straight vs Michigan State and 4 of the last 5.

2018 29-19 NW +10.5 away
2017 39-31 3OT NW +2.5 home
2016 54-40 NW +6.5 away

What is going on with Indiana this year?

The focus of last week's game is going to Ohio State, but lost in that is we are seeing a better picture of Indiana and it isn't good.

Consider week 1 vs Ball St they only won 34-24. In 2018 IU beat them 38-10.
Consider the Ohio St game, OSU whipped them 51-10. In 2018 it was 49-26 where it was a 1 score game in the 1st H.

I know their QB was out vs OSU, but Ramsey was the QB last year in the 'shoe for that game, so he's faced them before. No doubt OSU is great, but IU is losing it I think.

And the running game is completely gone. 2018 through 3 games IU ran for 705 good for 235 per game vs FIU, UVA and Ball St. This year vs Ball St, E ILL and OSU they have only run for 304 total, 101 per game. Ran for 114 vs E ILL (3.35 ypc). Stevie Scott has 118 total in 3 games. He averaged more than that per game in the first 3 games last year.

Something is off with IU this year. Maybe they'll be fine vs UConn, but I don't know about the B1G slate. Feels like third straight year with no bowl, which probably means no HC Allen next year.

Anyone know what's up in Bloomington?

I've been trying to get a pulse on the MSU mindset entering this weekend for capping purposes.

I haven't found much.

A few players on social media have fired back at fans about basically 'not coming back to be fans in November'.

A few players seemed disgruntled (transfer rumors?)

Now, back to the fans. They are always a wild bunch and basically had sold themselves on potential 10-11 win season and winning the East. I am not even trying to joke there at all. I they win 8 games. This is a huge one for them or things could get ugly. Now, and as we discussed in another thread @mutosufan .. a more than 50% sampling of what I read wants Mike Tressell as the next coach. I am not kidding. They do hope for an offensive mind outside of the program, obviously. Many are also saying they are glad this season is 'done' so they can do other fall activities. It is like doomsday up there, jeesh. There is a lot of football left...

IMO, they just need to complete some drives.That kid was awful kicking on Saturday but he is usually pretty solid. I am sure he'll bounce back.

I've been trying to get a pulse on the MSU mindset entering this weekend for capping purposes.

I haven't found much.

A few players on social media have fired back at fans about basically 'not coming back to be fans in November'.

Now, back to the fans. They are always a wild bunch and basically had sold themselves on potential 10-11 win season and winning the East. I am not even trying to joke there at all. I they win 8 games. This is a huge one for them or things could get ugly. Now, and as we discussed in another thread @mutosufan .. a more than 50% sampling of what I read wants Mike Tressell as the next coach. I am not kidding. They do hope for an offensive mind outside of the program, obviously. Many are also saying they are glad this season is 'done' so they can do other fall activities. It is like doomsday up there, jeesh. There is a lot of football left...

IMO, they just need to complete some drives.That kid was awful kicking on Saturday but he is usually pretty solid. I am sure he'll bounce back.
Les Miles leaves Kansas for MSU? That's the solution.

I haven't found much.

Of course the frustration extends beyond this season. Many fans would probably call this the same ‚unwatchable garbage‘ as last year. And the „true“ fans who watch every snap are going to attack the ones who don‘t. I think the main problem is continuity in offensive anemia when change was promised.

I think the flip side shows the same thing, the same desperation. Did you read last week‘s comments about Elijah Collins is the new Jesus? After he ran well against freaking WMU. Some Sparty writers even wrote analytical pieces about it to feed into the optimism. The optimists will look for anything that appears positive

Here's stat I heard on VSIN; which was brought up by Pat Forde:

During the regular season Penn St. has played:
23 straight non-conference games without leaving the state of Pennsylvania
- 20 games at home
- 2 games at Pitt
- 1 game at Temple

Wow....everyone slams SEC for not playing anyone, but this is unacceptable!

Here's stat I heard on VSIN; which was brought up by Pat Forde:

During the regular season Penn St. has played:
23 straight non-conference games without leaving the state of Pennsylvania
- 20 games at home
- 2 games at Pitt
- 1 game at Temple

Wow....everyone slams SEC for not playing anyone, but this is unacceptable!
That's ridiculous. Wow.

Last week in B1G games I did a little better and a lot worse.
Translation : I won on Pitt (Penn State), and T C U (Purdue), lost on NIU ( Nebraska ). What did I miss in that last one (?) I guess my excuse was that I love dogs, real ones and figurative ones.
But what really burned me was losing on Sparty in a ML Parlay where I was looking at the biggest payout in my betting experience. That’s a game I should have won, I think most will agree. No one else has mentioned this factor but I thought ASU got much the best of it from the zebras and the official review booth.
So, on to another week. A lean one. My wife’ s son went to college in Ann Arbor and is a Blue fanatic, which gives me a good enough reason to bet Michigan on the ML.
Looking for anything to put me onto NW and Illini, but haven’t seen it yet.

Back