Week 4 1st half plays

Shortline

Stalker
Glad to see some familiar faces over here...

W. Mich -17 1st Half

Temple has yet to score in the 1st half and produced a total of 3 points this season (vs. Buffalo…yikes). The Owls are averaging just 190 yards of offense and yielding 492 yards on defense (7.3 yards per play). Below is a strong trend based on a projected offensive output for the Owls (200 yards for the game):

TEMPLE is 2-17 against the 1rst half line (-16.7 Units) when they gain 200 to 250 total yards since 1992.
The average score was TEMPLE 3.7, OPPONENT 26.0

The defense can’t stop the run, allowing opponents to 5.9 yards per carry and a total of 254 yards per game. Owls are allowing their opponents to score an average of 29 points in the 1st half this season (last 2 games 42 & 45 points). In addition, this trend sums up how they play in September:

TEMPLE is 1-8 against the 1rst half line (-7.8 Units) in September games over the last 3 seasons.
The average score was TEMPLE 3.9, OPPONENT 32.4

The Broncos aren’t the most explosive offense, but they are balanced both rushing (averaged 150 yards last 2 games) and passing ball (72% completion ratio). The defense is allowing opponents just 296 yards per game. They are very strong against the run not allowing 100 yard runner in 3 games. Their coming off 2 upset wins vs Toledo and @ Virginia.

LSU -20.5 1st Half

Oh boy…another team that can’t play defense. The Green Wave is allowing opponents 486 yards per game. In their first game, Tulane allowed Houston 620+ yards of offense. What will a pissed of Tigers team do to this soft defense (LSU nearly doubled up Auburn statistic wise and lose)? Leading up to their loss to Auburn, LSU averaged 26 points in the 1st half (UL LaLa & Zona). LSU is a perfect 3-0 vs the 1st half line this season.

Decent supporting early season trend:

LSU is 30-15 against the 1rst half line (+13.5 Units) in September games since 1992.

More to come…

Good luck, shortline, great to see you around!
stpatrick4.gif

shortline..good to see you here man...gl on your plays..

I think you gave fondy a panic attack last night.

haha.

Hey short ...great to see u again bro...love the supporting trends...

1st have plays look to be some of the best plays on the board this week...

I'm thinking a few 1st half faves and couple doggies for full game spreads...

Welcome to the gig bro..

Thanks guys...dig the new site!

Ramble...Thanks for the heads up on this site.

JOB...Agreed on the 1st half for this week lineup.

Sticking to the cupcake teams...

Auburn -24.5 1st half

I've read several posts were Auburn will rest players in this game. I believe that to be true, although not until early in the 2nd half.

Buffalo's defense in the last 2 games have been horrific yeilding 535 yards per game (7.7 yards per play). Most of those yards have been on the ground yielding an average of 350 yards (7.4 yards per carry...damn!). So...how many yards on the ground will Auburn rack up on this porous "D"? On offense, Buffalo has been shut out twice in 3 games at the half. One of those games were against shit hole Temple...nuff said! On the flip side, Auburn's defense is allowing just under 250 yards to their opponents and 3.3 points at the half this season against a much stronger schedule.

Supporting Trends:

BUFFALO is 3-12 against the 1rst half line (-10.2 Units) in road games in the first month of the season since 1992.
The average score was BUFFALO 5.3, OPPONENT 22.3 - (Rating = 1*)
AUBURN is 29-15 against the 1rst half line (+12.5 Units) in September games since 1992.
The average score was AUBURN 15.7, OPPONENT 6.1 - (Rating = 0*)

I know the average scores don't support the spread...but playing it anyway.

Hokies -14.5 1st half (currently +105) could drop .5 point before gametime.

Hokies "D" has allowed 1 field goal in the 1st half of their games this season and just 10 points on the season. On offense, their averaging 21.7 points by the break. At home this season (2 games), on offense their averaging 25.5 points by halftime. On defense, nobody has scored a point for the entire game and opponents are producing just 170 yards of offense against the Hokies. They'll be facing a Bearcats team that can't run the ball. Against Pitt they had 30 carries for 35 yards and vs the Buckeyes they had 22 carries for 4 yards...YIKES...2 game total was 52 carries for 39 yards (pitiful!!!). Here's a projected trend that favors the Hokies when they hold their opponents to less than 1.5 yards per carry:

VIRGINIA TECH is 19-7 against the 1rst half line (+11.3 Units) when they allow less than 1.5 rushing yards per attempt since 1992.
The average score was VIRGINIA TECH 21.3, OPPONENT 5.3

rjurewitz said:
Like em all.

How about the WVU 1H line.

RJ...I think that's the right choice, but I'm sticking to the home teams when laying large 1st half points.

W VIRGINIA is 8-0 against the 1rst half line (+8.0 Units) in September games over the last 3 seasons.
The average score was W VIRGINIA 22.1, OPPONENT 6.9 - (Rating = 3*)

W VIRGINIA is 7-0 against the 1rst half line (+7.0 Units) as a favorite vs. the 1rst half line over the last 2 seasons.
The average score was W VIRGINIA 24.8, OPPONENT 6.1 - (Rating = 2*)

W VIRGINIA is 40-23 against the 1rst half line (+14.7 Units) versus the 1rst half line in road games since 1992.
The average score was W VIRGINIA 13.8, OPPONENT 9.7 - (Rating = 0*)

Damn...mighty strong trends supporting your play. Looking at that 1st Game, E.Carolina played vs @ Navy they gave up 403 yards!!! hmm...WV averaging well over 300 yards per game on the ground. May have to reconsider a play.

Shorty

ghost said:
Any thoughts on Nevada -4 at the half?

Ghost...Everyone seems to be on Nevada and I think that's the right play especially how well they like home cooking:

NEVADA is 7-0 ATS (+7.0 Units) as a home favorite over the last 3 seasons.
The average score was NEVADA 42.7, OPPONENT 23.4 - (Rating = 2*)
NEVADA is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) in home games over the last 3 seasons.
The average score was NEVADA 38.1, OPPONENT 26.4 - (Rating = 1*)

As far as the 1st half, not much trends to go on. There is one projected trend involving both teams. Do you think Nevada will score 28 points in this game (they scored 28 points only once this season which was last game)??? If so...then:

NEVADA is 8-1 against the 1rst half line (+6.9 Units) when they score 28 or more points over the last 2 seasons.
The average score was NEVADA 21.9, OPPONENT 12.7

NORTHWESTERN is 24-54 against the 1rst half line (-35.4 Units) when they allow 28 or more points since 1992.
The average score was NORTHWESTERN 11.2, OPPONENT 21.7

I think playing the whole game is the better play. Just my 2 cents...

Hope this helps.

Shorty

on a few of the same plays as you as I to see some good value..I got:

Louisville -7.5
LSU -20.5
Iowa -11.5
USC - 11.5
WVU - 13

Good luck, lets make some dough!!

Any thoughts on parlaying any or all of these teams? I am thinking about it. I just can't make up my mind which teams to play. These are the 1H lines I have at posting time:

Lou -7.5
Aurburn -24.0
WMU -16.5
LSU -21.5
USC -12.5

Some of the other games I might play the 1H, i.e. WVU aren't on the parlay board. Will probably play that solo. Any thoughts?

I really really like the West Virginia 1H play at -11.5...I really want to drop 5 units on it...anyone have any reasons i shouldnt?

Thanks guys...

Adding Cal -4.5 1st half and -8 game

I've been convinced by others in this forum and my own research that this game is one of the best plays this week. Just look at Horses thread...

Supporting 1st half trend:

Telford is money as a 2 to 6 point favorite at half:

Tedford is 10-0 against the 1rst half line (+10.0 Units) as a favorite of 2 to 6 points vs. the first half line as the coach of CALIFORNIA.
The average score was CALIFORNIA 24.5, OPPONENT 7.7 - (Rating = 5*)

Back