Week 3 what we learned thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I have not seen one posted.

I didn't see a lot today...but will post some Lions thoughts...

Very impressive today for the Leo's despite the defensive injuries. That front is beastly, finely.

The offense has yet to find full stride. The running game has yet to reach how last year was at times. Staff gonna staff. Too many weapons to score under 20 points 2 games in a row.

Pack last a 2nd receiver. Perhaps Cob isn't right yet? I dunno.

I agree there wasn't much new learned this week. This year it just keeps being reinforced that this is a parity-filled week to week league. You have to look at spots and travel more than ever. Unless its fading Jacksonville, they are just awful

I learned the Niners are a bunch of undisciplined punks who will lead the league in penalties this season and likely miss the playoffs because they are so dysfunctional.

I learned the Niners are a bunch of undisciplined punks who will lead the league in penalties this season and likely miss the playoffs because they are so dysfunctional.
so weird to see this, but you're right this will be their achilles heel...that headbutt was dumb...

still confused about the panther's defense and maybe it was a bit of a Hardy factor but that was pretty jekyll and hyde in the last 2 weeks

lets hope for more dumb penalties next week for san fran
wont' need to hope, at this point I think it's inevitable...crazy to see them go from one of the better disciplined teams to where they are currently

KC looks like they might have found something, winning on the road despite a -2 turnover differential. This coming off a good effort against the Broncos, they should be a live dog next week against New England. The Pats are now 1-2 ATS despite a positive turnover differential each game, only covering when they went +4 against the Vikings.

Pittsburgh and the Giants both flipped the turnover script against Carolina and Houston, not unexpected. In the first two games PIT and NY were 0-4 ATS and -10, while Carolina and Houston were 4-0 and +11. Yesterday the Steelers and Giants each go +2 and cruise to easy wins.

Next week's card looks difficult. Very bettable teams in Arizona, Cincy, Denver (despite being 0-3 ATS) and Seattle all on a bye week this coming week.

I agree there wasn't much new learned this week. This year it just keeps being reinforced that this is a parity-filled week to week league. You have to look at spots and travel more than ever. Unless its fading Jacksonville, they are just awful

Agree with parity and maintain perception is the driving force in lining games. I think travel is definitely something to consider but can also be overvalued (case in point SD traveling to Buffalo). Jax is laughably bad, glad I didn't spread play them for sure.

going to be interesting to see how Minny does going forward...Cassels gone and it's Bridgewater time

I learned the Buffalo defense will keep them in games this year, but penalties and poor offensive execution will cost them some. Spiller is a talented player but not a premier back, old ass Freddy Jackson should definitely get more than 6 carries a game. His td would have been a tackle for a loss had it been CJ, who is faster but not savvy when it comes to field vision/following blockers. EJ with nearly 40 attempts will not get this team anywhere, and he misses some very routine passes. Buffalo should definitely be a run first team (though the idiots in my section are always calling for bombs to Watkins). There was questionable playcalling throughout.

Something still ain't right with the Saints

Old days that was 40-9

This team has issues that do not look fixable on defense....LB play cannot be masked by S play anymore....no matter how "good" we think the tandem is

And I aint letting the offense off....Saints were bailed out by a pussy call on Brees....and Brees acted like a pussy after

I have not seen one posted.

I didn't see a lot today...but will post some Lions thoughts...

Very impressive today for the Leo's despite the defensive injuries. That front is beastly, finely.

The offense has yet to find full stride. The running game has yet to reach how last year was at times. Staff gonna staff. Too many weapons to score under 20 points 2 games in a row.

Pack last a 2nd receiver. Perhaps Cob isn't right yet? I dunno.
http://<iframe class="vine-embed loaded in-view" src="https://vine.co/v/O7KVhvZDlrO/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async="" src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pretty deceiving score line and commentary going on for the Tenny/Cincy game. The game was actually played evenly for those that didn't see it. The game was never in doubt, but that Tenny mistakes, field position, and penalties. The Titans ran the ball very well. Concern a bit for Bengals as it's unusual and they really missed Burfict in the middle in regards to the run defense. THe offense didn't do much, but it also didn't need to either. Cincy is a very physical group, but the Titans were physical in this game too. Came down to making mistakes that Cincy didn't make. Two missed FGs, 11 penalties, holding in the endzone that became a safety, an interception in that gave Bengals ball at 16 that Cincy cashed in, Cincy throws one at the 22 and it becomes a pick in the endzone. Alot of friendly fire in this one. It's just a game that I'd be careful reading too much into. Bengals weren't as good as the score would indicate and Tenny is better than they showed on the scoreboard here. They are still a play "on" team IMO. And I'll be on them this week in Indy.

As for Cincy, the national commentary is they are a top 3 team in teh league..they might be we'll see...injuries are a concern though..but I'd like to see a win that is out of the ordinary for them before we start crowning em...just feel the cart is way ahead of the horse...have a measuring stick game on SNF in NE after the bye ....we'll know a little more then...the win in Balty was a nice first step...I think a win in NE will show they have a reason to be in the conversation but not till then...

Other games I watched:

Seattle/Denver: just two good teams...Denver D showed well that in this one and I'd be optomistic as a fan going forward...both teams will be in it all year obv

Pitt/Car: Carolina was smoke and mirrors first two weeks and I'd run as far away from betting them as possible...injuries mounting as well...Pitt lost three defensive starters ...hope Shazier injury insn't serious...obv Ike's was a broken forearm but haven't heard if it'll cost him the year....Car defense makes you dink and dunk and that's exactly what Haley wants to do...played perfectly into their hands...Pitt still is a team to fade in spots later in the year...they aren't bad but certainly not good either..Leveon Bell is a monster though...kudos to him for the improvement on his body..his vision is fabulous and now has the speed to match it

Zona/SF: Arians is a fabulous coach...guys play hard, are well coached and understand the scheme they want to run...SF offensively can't get out of their own way...need to get their identity back..2h troubles are head scratching to say the least...Harbaugh loves himself so much his ego gets in the way of his adjustments...fancy play syndrome...line up and run the ball its what you do best

Was out for all the early games and watched Cincy on DVR so have nothing to add for any of them...

LMAO on that injury celebrating.

I learned the Arizona Cardinsls led by Drew Stanton are in sole possession of first place with a division that boasts the Seahawks and 49'ers.

And through the first 3 weeks, I can't see anybody beating the Seahawks in the NFC and I think the AFC will be represented by the Broncos. I think we'll see a rematch for the SB.

Exhibit 1405 of why you can't take your child to an NFL game. It's out of control.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WVtG-ATQUSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

most impressive play to me yesterday was the Broncos safety

just seeing how physical they were, and that they had 5 or 6 guys absolutely flying to the ball carrier, that's not a team that I think wilts in January

wow at that video. The woman in the Willis jersey throwing haymakers at the guy in the blue shirt? She's lucky she didn't get waxed. She needs to be arrested.

And why does it seem like every sports-related brawl involves a SF team? Giants/Dodgers, 49ers/Cowboys, 49ers/Seahawks, 49ers/Cardinals. geez.

And why does it seem like every sports-related brawl involves a SF team? Giants/Dodgers, 49ers/Cowboys, 49ers/Seahawks, 49ers/Cardinals. geez.

I hate to be that way and pick on one team as well, but I thought the SF fans would be wine and cheese

My friends that went to games there said it was Gangland...really really sad

Your right jump there's no way you can take a kid to an NFL game. And I'm sure that fight either started because somebody was drunk, shit talking, or somebody didn't like the other fans celebrating. Pretty sad.

Learned that the job is wash in cousins. Sorry dwoww.
Think it's time people start respecting foles. He took some cheap shots and get back up firing. He is the only qb in nfl history to have a 27 td and 2 int and people say ahhh not sure he is an nfl qb.
Something wrong in green bay. 2 games they lay an egg on offense. Rarely see that.

wow at that video. The woman in the Willis jersey throwing haymakers at the guy in the blue shirt? She's lucky she didn't get waxed. She needs to be arrested.

The shirtless guy is probably glad he was wearing that helmet when he went down the concrete stairs. Also like the Cards fan in the #90 jersey getting the guy trying to choke the security guard. Overall a very sad scene

They shoulda just let #90 come over the railing. Got a feeling things would have been cleaned up pretty quick

Exhibit 1405 of why you can't take your child to an NFL game. It's out of control.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WVtG-ATQUSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I wonder what all of those Philly fans were doing in Arizona wearing cards & niners jerseys?! :)

Dudley,

I really don't hate cousins at all. I think he is an elite backup quarterback who can start when needed. He can make bad defenses look silly because he is very good at throwing to the right spot. I just don't think he is a franchise quarterback/long term starter.

He made some fantastic throws but again he was facing a shitty defense that plays 5 yards off receivers. Just dont think hes a star Who can do that against better defenses. You are right though he is the man for the rest of the year in Washington so I guess we will see if im wrong

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WVtG-ATQUSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Where's all that liberal love for your fellow man?

I don't get to see a lot of games since I work every other weekend, so I'm watching game rewinds on NFL network.
condensing the game to 30 minutes made it look like neither Cleve or Balty could stop the run.
Checking the boxscore, the Ravens did run for 160yds on 33 carries.
Both teams seem to have spotty LB play.

Jump I think you know what I mean there are backup quarterbacks who if they have to play more than one game the team is screwed, and then there are guys who if they have to play four or five games in a row they can hold down the fort and not turn the season into a disaster.

Patriots have offensive line issues - not sure if it is talent or scheme but have some major issues they need to address...
Brady doesn't trust anyone except for edelman and Gronk, sometimes Vereen......

• Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166); right: 15px;"> 1m</small>
    Steelers will have more info on extent of Jarvis Jones' absence following his surgery, but will be w/o those 3 starters at least for a bit
    Details

• Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166); right: 15px;"> 2m</small>
    Ike Taylor's surgery wrapping up. Could be candidate for IR- Designated to Return. Ryan Shazier out at least few weeks w/ankle sprain...

I would but I actually think they are playing a team this week that is not as good as it has looked the last two weeks

Agreed to a certain extent. Just not sure the Pats should be giving 4 against anyone on the road besides Oakland and Jax. IMO this is a very mediocre Pats team. Brady is coming to the end of the line. All the best teams in the league have at least one elite unit, just don't know what that is for the Patriots this year. Offense also looks completely out of sync.

Back