Week 3 What Did We Learn

Clemson……what happened offensively???? They only team to not give up TD……

Oklahoma…..8 min 1st drive? Thought they do that when they up in the 2H……

Matt corral for Heisman…..looking forward to the over against Alabama in 2 weeks

Alabama 1H choot choot choot…..

uconn is very bad….,,

Marshall overs should be look at…..

you know, I thought clemson may not be as bad as people think offensively because they faced a vaunted georgia defense. Same with Oklahoma - they were up big and took the 2nd half off vs tulane. In hindsight those games were big warning signs.

Lot of teams in top 5/top 10 that aren't playoff caliber. Don't recall a time of so many weak teams who are playoff contenders. Clemson is a shell of itself. Oklahoma looks regressed. Alabama is regressed but still the best on paper with georgia - after those 2 who makes the playoffs ? might be a darkhorse year like a michigan or michigan state or an ole miss to make noise to playoffs. I still don't know how good michigan is, but they may be worth a long shot national title future.

would of been a perfect year for a utah - they look very weak at dtackle. Very disappointing to see teams return all their starters and be a totally different team. Ball State, oklahoma, san jose. Hard to bet when you can't count on anything

Southern Miss isn't good enough at QB, they started Tr Fr Keyes today

Utah got beat at the LOS vs BYU and San Diego State, allowed their second KO ret TD this season, receivers can't get open and benched their QB

Utah State is straight up fun!

Toledo football continues to be an enigma

Iowa had a little over 400 yards of offense, but their coaching staff is going to be busting their ass this week, that offense is pretty bad against a poor MAC D even it's bad.

I think time will show us that both Penn St and Auburn are both pretty damn good teams. I think the following recap also shows how crazy this sport can be, and how crazy we are for being the degenerates we are. My beloved gamecocks win outright as 26 point dogs last week and try and duplicate on the other side as 22 point favs.

you know, I thought clemson may not be as bad as people think offensively because they faced a vaunted georgia defense. Same with Oklahoma - they were up big and took the 2nd half off vs tulane. In hindsight those games were big warning signs.

Lot of teams in top 5/top 10 that aren't playoff caliber. Don't recall a time of so many weak teams who are playoff contenders. Clemson is a shell of itself. Oklahoma looks regressed. Alabama is regressed but still the best on paper with georgia - after those 2 who makes the playoffs ? might be a darkhorse year like a michigan or michigan state or an ole miss to make noise to playoffs. I still don't know how good michigan is, but they may be worth a long shot national title future.

would of been a perfect year for a utah - they look very weak at dtackle. Very disappointing to see teams return all their starters and be a totally different team. Ball State, oklahoma, san jose. Hard to bet when you can't count on anything
Oregon?

That targeting calls get worse each week and ruin the game. Every week a teams best player gets ejected and half the time the refs get it wrong and even in the instances they get it right I’m not sure what a defender is supposed to do, maybe grab for his flag instead of trying to stop the guy from gaining yards. In some instances, yes, a guy intentionally leads w the helmet etc but most of the time they don’t and it’s movement, i.e, ducking their head etc, by the offense that initiates the after the defender has already committed to his play on the player and his area to hit the offensive player. We are asking kids to do what professionals aren’t all within split seconds. I’m all for protecting players but they gotta seriously fix this

My Cats are still turnover-prone....3 of them yesterday. 3rd game in a row with upside-down turnover margin....it's now known that it's not something they're going to be able to fix this year and will bite them in the ass against SEC competition.

My Cats are still turnover-prone....3 of them yesterday. 3rd game in a row with upside-down turnover margin....it's now known that it's not something they're going to be able to fix this year and will bite them in the ass against SEC competition.

I've noticed, really in week 1 and week 3, that Levis isn't all that accurate. He puts the ball in a place for the receiver to make a play, which is what you want him to do, but it isn't in a place where the defender can't also make a play on it. Suppose that is next level QB play, but a good number of those balls he completed vs ULM would not be complete vs an SEC secondary. Then I saw some yesterday too.

The strangest thing about the UK game, I got involved at halftime, I saw a funny score, but UK was dominating, I think Chattanooga had something like 2 or 4 first downs the entire half, every drive after their first one was 3-and-out. So I saw UK up by 4, at previously read that Chatt was not an offensive threat and laid the 14.5 in the 2nd H. Then a stranger thing happened, Chattanooga actually played one hell of a 2nd H! That would concern me. It was a flat spot on the UK schedule, I'd excuse them for struggling some, but the way the game went, Chattanooga at times in the 2nd H actually looked like the better team.

South Alabama is a very deceiving 3-0 team. They trailed at Bowling Green and home vs Alcorn St at halftime. Their week 1 game wasn't as impressive as the final margin showed vs USM. Jake Bentley hasn't thrown a TD since week 1 and he has played only BG and Alcorn! They have played great 3rd down D and RZ D (consider the opposition they are facing though) - offensively they have a lot to be desired. They could get better and probably will as the season goes on, but off the top of my head, I'd label them weakest unbeaten team.

Utah State LB Justin Rice will likely be Mountain West Conference D POW again! He had an INT in the EZ and stripped AF QB on the game clinching turnover. He is fantastic!

1. Texas A&M's offensive line is a sieve

2. San Jose State's "receivers" are that in name only

3. Matt Corral is very good

4. The U is a team you should not bet for any reason (I did not)

5. I usually know close to zero about obviously ridiculous lines, but I never understood the Minnesota Colorado line and bet Minnesota accordingly. Colorado?

6. O.U. is way overrated on both sides of the ball

7. Fresno States QB has the heart of a lion, the toughness of leather, the determination of (whatever has determination) and a very accurate arm.

8. Keep betting Bama 1st H until it loses

9. Do not wager on Hawaii games just because you had a great day and "can't lose"

Southern Miss isn't good enough at QB, they started Tr Fr Keyes today

Utah got beat at the LOS vs BYU and San Diego State, allowed their second KO ret TD this season, receivers can't get open and benched their QB

Utah State is straight up fun!

Toledo football continues to be an enigma
Yes. Very gutty, no give up and keep working team. The opposite of The U

It's almost like Washington State wanted USC to come back...all the turnovers in the 3rd Q starting with the opening KO were pretty disgusting

Arizona. Where are they going to win now? They showed life that 1st week vs BYU. It's gone already.

I bought what Fisch was selling and overracted to the close BYU game. The last 2 weeks have been obvious disasters. I'd like to see him get it working there, he breathed a ton of enthusiasm into the program off the field. On the field is still an embarrassment. Losing to NAU is bad bad bad.

I bought what Fisch was selling and overracted to the close BYU game. The last 2 weeks have been obvious disasters. I'd like to see him get it working there, he breathed a ton of enthusiasm into the program off the field. On the field is still an embarrassment. Losing to NAU is bad bad bad.
Get ready for the boat race next week

How high will they make that line? Atleast 35
Not sure, going to be a frustrating one to line after yesterday. Still assume for at least one more week they'll get more credit than they deserve with how BYU has taken down three P12 teams for that game

i learned that i was right to think the boise qb is straight trash!! kid is terrible,, he has no ability to see or feel the pass rush, how you cant tell a 300lb beast is breathing down your neck is beyond me?!!??!? when he does throw the ball he continues to make ungodly bad decisions as where to throw it!! that pick he threw late in the game on a bomb was just another in a long line of terrible decisions he makes that cost them games! the way that game was going ya had to know they were running low on chances to get the go ahead score so to just throw that ball up was pathetic! they had already gotten a few 1st downs on that drive so just dont get why he throws that ball when it clearly wasnt there? ii guess if he cant see/feel the pass rush right in his face he damn sure cant see the safety playing center field who was the only guy with a chance to catch that ball!!! just terrible.

i didnt know this as of yet but the boise st play callers on both sides are pretty terrible.. it was abundantly clear the cowboys had no desire to let Sanders throw the ball (smart on their part as he a turnover machine, never really got the chance to have him make any!) yet boise continued to line their lbs up 5-6-7 yards off the los and the safeties a good 10-12 yards back, wouldnt ya know okie lite continued to get 6-7 yards on every freaking handoff, shocking!! there no way a good coach lets that happen, you have to bring more into the box/up to los and dare them to throw against man coverage with single high safety! they made it incredibly easy for cowboys to just hand off over and over and over again!! it was one the worst jobs ive seen by a defensive play caller,, sure they didnt give up any 2nd half points but they allowed okie st to simply control the flow of the entire game.. on the other side the offensive play calling wasnt much better and their OC got owned after halftime adjustments! it was clear the cowboys d (unlike boise pathetic scheme) was hell bent on not letting boise run the ball, despite that far to often boise wasted a down or 2 handing off for a yard or 2 max, total waste of a play, putting their crappy qb in obvious passing spots where he continued to not make plays!! also, what happened to the boise of old who always had some creative shot plays that hit these big boys in the mouth? i dont recall any such play by them, in a game they couldnt do anything in the 2nd half!! you could always count on them having some kinda creative gadget play, not anymore..

ok, here comes end of rant.. ncaa makes too much money to not have enough competent officials!!! there bad officiating all over but this game was the worst i have seen this season!!! they gifted okie lite a td after a bogus pi in 1st half on a 3rd and goal play. they called the worst roughing the passer i ever seen on okie lite at end of game that should have gave boise a score (if their qb wasnt terrible and then got a fg blocked).. the most egregious of all absolutely changed the outcome of the game.. boise forced a fumble they scooped and scored on to take what should have been a 27-21 lead with 3 min left. of course it didnt count cause some moron piece of trash blew his whistle claiming the back was down!! lets ignore the fact the fumble was clear and obvious and just focus on the fact reffing 101 now days is you let the play happen and then go to replay to sort it out, if you blow the fucking whistle then the mistake cant be fixed!!! anyone who blows a play dead instead of letting play happen should be fired on the spot!! they should have a extra ref sitting on sideline and they tap the dumb fuck who blew whistle on shoulder and say "that it pal, pack your shit and go home, your last check will come in the mail!"..

I've noticed, really in week 1 and week 3, that Levis isn't all that accurate. He puts the ball in a place for the receiver to make a play, which is what you want him to do, but it isn't in a place where the defender can't also make a play on it. Suppose that is next level QB play, but a good number of those balls he completed vs ULM would not be complete vs an SEC secondary. Then I saw some yesterday too.

The strangest thing about the UK game, I got involved at halftime, I saw a funny score, but UK was dominating, I think Chattanooga had something like 2 or 4 first downs the entire half, every drive after their first one was 3-and-out. So I saw UK up by 4, at previously read that Chatt was not an offensive threat and laid the 14.5 in the 2nd H. Then a stranger thing happened, Chattanooga actually played one hell of a 2nd H! That would concern me. It was a flat spot on the UK schedule, I'd excuse them for struggling some, but the way the game went, Chattanooga at times in the 2nd H actually looked like the better team.
It’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t with UK football...last year we had an excellent positive turnover margin but of course we could not throw the ball so there were hardly any INTs thrown by our QBs...this year we look like we can throw it around a bit but now INTs are going up and negative turnover margins are here to stay....whatever. Just gotta hope for the best and excellent expect the worst.

I learned this is the appropriate way to stop David Bell on potential game tying drives in n the 4th qtr

Attachments

• 2C8B05B9-9F54-4078-AC30-B0F8BC1EB4D5.jpeg
    2C8B05B9-9F54-4078-AC30-B0F8BC1EB4D5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Tulsa is a pretty feisty 0-3, they could've and should've beaten UC Davis - who Davis is 3-0 and won their two games after Tulsa 113-34 combined, definitely could've beaten Ok St and gave Ohio St more than they wanted for 3 quarters Saturday. I want to learn a little more about them. Hopefully these 3 challenging games in a row hasn't taken a toll on them.

Michigan state is legit. Probably not top 25 good, but they’re back to being respectable/an average big ten program. Probably the most debated team here heading into week 3, I think we learned a lot about them
My term for them is "very solid"

This is a good model for teams revamping via portal / FA in college...

Do we know what wrong w Arky st other qb? Had I known Blackmon was gonna play the entire game vs udub I would have stayed far away. I mostly hate the 2 qb system but the one thing I like is if one is playing like crap the other gets a shot to turn things around. Blackmon was fuckinb awful yet he took every snap so I’m assuming Hatcher had to be hurt?

Mel Tucker is the early coach of the year. Michigan State has had a nice turnaround after being pretty terrible a year ago. They still havent beaten a quality team and no Miami is not even decent but Tucker deserves a ton of credit.

yea, I’m still not sure what I think bout sparty cause canes are such trash, they incredibly lucky they not 0-3 cause App St had them.

Reactions: KJ
Do we know what wrong w Arky st other qb? Had I known Blackmon was gonna play the entire game vs udub I would have stayed far away. I mostly hate the 2 qb system but the one thing I like is if one is playing like crap the other gets a shot to turn things around. Blackmon was fuckinb awful yet he took every snap so I’m assuming Hatcher had to be hurt?

I'm just looking at it now. They put Hatcher in the game 8min left in the 4th.

Gundy finally just gave up trying to coach Sanders to make decisions and did away with the RPO plays. Against Boise he just called either Spencer designed run or hand it off to the back and he runs. Almost did away with passing too because that calls for Spencer reading the D and making a decision. Okla State looked MUCH better as a result

La Tech and SMU both started former OU QBs and both of them played lights out (and both played a lot better than Rattler did for OU). Both teams have some great receivers too. It was a pleasure to see a game where there were at least a dozen great catches from both teams. I get tired of see receivers who are 5-star guys and run a 4.3, but drop passes on any really hard catch. Just the opposite with those two teams

Memphis got a TD from one of the strangest call by the officials I've ever seen. Miss St punted, one coverage guy knocked the ball back from the goal line, two others came in and downed it. The ref, standing only five feet away, tossed the ball market down to mark the spot, then waved his arms to stop the clock. A Memphis guy then came in and picked up the ball and went 95 yards for a TD and the officials just looked at each other and did nothing. The conference sent out a press release later saying it was a blunder by the refs, but the game was already over

Gus Malzahn reminds me of Les Miles. Les got more and more conservative in his play calling every year until he no longer had an offense at LSU. Gus is doing the same thing. He has almost totally given up running the hurry up--which was the basis of his entire offense--and on most plays UCF barely gets the play off. The slow pace was one of the reasons Auburn got rid of him. Even worse, on the times he does decide to hurry up, the OC still sends in subs and the other team then very slowly sends their subs out while the officials hold up the play until they get in and they barely get the play off. Very strange

I think okie lite looked better largely cause boise refused to make any adjustments on d. Continued playing the lbs and safety’s way off the Los despite it being incredibly obvious Cowboys had no desire to throw a pass. I was cussing the entire game for them to put more ppl at the Los or in the box but they refused, they made it really easy for Cowboys to get 6-7-8 yards a carry. It was a pathetic job by the Boise dc.

I heard a reporter covering Ok St say that other than the 3 starters at WR that they had, every other WR who made the trip was a walkon. 2 of Ok St's top 3 WRs were out. Ok St's OL was at full strength for the first time this year.

even still Cowboys didn’t score in 2nd half (neither did boise) and 2 their tds were gifts, one on a awful pi call giving them a 1st down, the second boise fumbling before half trying to run clock out!

I also heard that is the first game Gundy at Ok St where they didn't score in the 2nd H. Think I heard that right, first game period not just first game where they won.

Back