Week 3 Discussion

Seattle (teased)--- I think they blow out Chicago, I just would never lay 16 points. Tease it with Balty or tease it with NE. Or get really cute and tease it with both.

I don't disagree with those being the right sides but I don't think they are so shit hot for teasing personally. Teasing in the NFL & still laying over a TD is risky business as is teasing across zero. The jump from -1 to +1 is negligible yet you're wasting two of your teaser points & still need your team to not lose by more than a FG (depending on your particular tease). Good luck whatever you do.

I also sneakily like Philadelphia this weekend, but could never support them because...well...they are based out of Philadelphia.

Everyone thinks the Eagles suck. Everyone thinks the Jets are really good. Truth be told, Eagles aren't as bad as they've played, and Jets aren't as good as they've played. Demarco Murray hurt his hamstring so he will not play in this game. I actually think that is an advantage for Philly because Darren Sproles is a MUCH better fit for this offense...he should be on the field most of the time. I think we see a NY Jet letdown and Philly get their first win of the season.

repeat

2 games I really like this week.

Ravens -2.5 -- Don't see Balty going 0-3, especially losing the home opener. Going to be a tough division this year as usual, starting 0-3 would be an extremely deep hole to climb out of. I think we see Dalton play below average with a couple of INTs. I think we see Balty establish a running game. I think we see Balty's defense step up...Balty wins 24-13.

i like BAL and am not afraid of much about them besides their defense as they are one of the highest classes of the NFL, but I thought this would settle above 3 at 3.5 and am very surprised it's below the key number

I also sneakily like Philadelphia this weekend, but could never support them because...well...they are based out of Philadelphia.

Everyone thinks the Eagles suck. Everyone thinks the Jets are really good. Truth be told, Eagles aren't as bad as they've played, and Jets aren't as good as they've played. Demarco Murray hurt his hamstring so he will not play in this game. I actually think that is an advantage for Philly because Darren Sproles is a MUCH better fit for this offense...he should be on the field most of the time. I think we see a NY Jet letdown and Philly get their first win of the season.

the NYJ defense may be the best in the league, agree with duds the PHI OL is going to get thrashed and Fitz is playing game manager while Bradford is lost

i like BAL and am not afraid of much about them besides their defense as they are one of the highest classes of the NFL, but I thought this would settle above 3 at 3.5 and am very surprised it's below the key number

yup always hate it went home teams open at -2.5.... But fwiw most of the action is on the bengals

Eagles will be having closed practices at Monmouth University this weekend trying to beat the traffic which will ensue from the Pope's visit.... Miles Austin is a Monmouth alum

As of tonight:
1) Jags TT Over
2) Seahawks 1H ATS
3) Chargers ML
4) Eagles ML

99% of the time in this situation I would be on Chiefs +7. But I don't think it's wise to bet against Rodgers at home. Maybe bet it for half.

Eagles will be having closed practices at Monmouth University this weekend trying to beat the traffic which will ensue from the Pope's visit.... Miles Austin is a Monmouth alum

Maybe the pope can perform an exorcism on the Eagles offense while he’s in town

No way do I want my money on balty, I've held strong on them for years cause I think they very good organizationally but they are seriously lacking in weapons on the offensive side and the defense is a shell of itself.

Not saying I wanna back the ginger pussy on the road cause I don't, in all honesty tho just comparing rosters and nothing else even w home field im not convinced Ravens should be favs. On a neutral cincy more than 3 points better IMO.

the NYJ defense may be the best in the league, agree with duds the PHI OL is going to get thrashed and Fitz is playing game manager while Bradford is lost

If only it was that easy.

Jets coming off a short week and have some key players banged up. If you recall what the Eagles did in the 3rd quarter vs the Falcons two weeks ago.. short quick passes, let the skill players make plays..I think they follow that plan on Sunday vs Jets and it works. They know they can't run the ball or attempt -3 yard draw plays vs the Jets. With Demarco out, they won't feel obligated to do that. I think they'll have sucess throwing on Sunday.

This game wreaks of letdown central to me. All of a sudden the Eagles suck. Bradford is awful. Chip Kelly has no idea what he is doing. The Jets are great. Best defense in the NFL. Fitzpatrick is great game manager and the perfect fit.

I think the Jetsies come back down to earth this weekend.

I wanna talk myself into philly but so hard cause I love fading them and love they look exactly like I pictured after this joke offseason ppl actually thought they won.

Reason phi wins, cause it the NFL and that what happens when perceptions of teams are polar opposite, the team everyone down on rolls. Just the way it is, I been against philly and on nyj both weeks. It phi or nothing IMO.

I wanna talk myself into philly but so hard cause I love fading them and love they look exactly like I pictured after this joke offseason ppl actually thought they won.

Reason phi wins, cause it the NFL and that what happens when perceptions of teams are polar opposite, the team everyone down on rolls. Just the way it is, I been against philly and on nyj both weeks. It phi or nothing IMO.

Dont do it

Couldn't agree more with that 2nd paragraph.

No way do I want my money on balty, I've held strong on them for years cause I think they very good organizationally but they are seriously lacking in weapons on the offensive side and the defense is a shell of itself.

Not saying I wanna back the ginger pussy on the road cause I don't, in all honesty tho just comparing rosters and nothing else even w home field im not convinced Ravens should be favs. On a neutral cincy more than 3 points better IMO.

They lack offensive weapons every year, but Flacco wins win he needs to. Ravens are in a much more urgent position than Cincy. The hungrier team, the better qb, and home field advantage for a line under 3.

They lack offensive weapons every year, but Flacco wins win he needs to. Ravens are in a much more urgent position than Cincy. The hungrier team, the better qb, and home field advantage for a line under 3.

Cincinnati has won the last 3 straight up, and has held Balty to under 300 yards total offense 3 out of the last 4. Supposedly, the Bengals also have a crazy ats record as a dog of 3 or less, if you can buy that extra half, that I'm trying to verify...

looks like a lot of ppl are against me on NYG. Thats probably a good thing for you, but I am not ready to suddenly consider Washington competent. They had a good game in a good spot. Theri secondary is shit and ODB should torch them. Bad spot too. Yeah they can run a bit, but they still have Kirk Cousins on the road on a Thursday....should throw plenty of picks. Giants arent going to overlook Washington like others did so far, which is why they looked ok so far. Theyre gonna stack teh box and make Cousins beat them, which he cant.

Step 1 to getting back on track

i disagree with the notion balty has ever been as bare of talent as they are right now. it not a deal getting them less than -3 when they shouldnt even be favs imo. i dont like the ginger and i dont trust cincy on the road but bottom line is they at least a fg better than ravens on a neutral field and im not even sure how that debatable.

Balty is certainly a very interesting team. In some peoples eyes they are the third best team in their own division and in other peoples eyes they a sleeper Super Bowl contender. I came into the season ready to fade Cincinnati like crazy but I have to give it to them they have looked great. I feel like this game has more value as a watch and learn game than to actually wager on

i disagree with the notion balty has ever been as bare of talent as they are right now. it not a deal getting them less than -3 when they shouldnt even be favs imo. i dont like the ginger and i dont trust cincy on the road but bottom line is they at least a fg better than ravens on a neutral field and im not even sure how that debatable.

I never said that Balty's offensive talent has been as bare as it is this year. I just said they usually lack offensive talent. Who have been their big playmakers besides Ray Rice over the past 5 years? Dennis Pitta and Torrey Smith?? My point is..they never have an attractive offense, Flacco is just a gamer. He finds ways to win. I think he does it again this Sunday.

I think he misplaced that map to winning somewhere in the off season.

I'm not a big fan of comparing teams with success versus like-opponents but we don't have a big sample size to work with so far. We both know how each team faired versus Oakland. Not saying that's the end all for capping this game but it's worth something.

If only it was that easy.

Jets coming off a short week and have some key players banged up. If you recall what the Eagles did in the 3rd quarter vs the Falcons two weeks ago.. short quick passes, let the skill players make plays..I think they follow that plan on Sunday vs Jets and it works. They know they can't run the ball or attempt -3 yard draw plays vs the Jets. With Demarco out, they won't feel obligated to do that. I think they'll have sucess throwing on Sunday.

This game wreaks of letdown central to me. All of a sudden the Eagles suck. Bradford is awful. Chip Kelly has no idea what he is doing. The Jets are great. Best defense in the NFL. Fitzpatrick is great game manager and the perfect fit.

I think the Jetsies come back down to earth this weekend.

definitely not a great spot for NYJ and they've outperformed even the biggest fan's expectations, but there's not one bit of all of a sudden they suck. That's been my theory all season, Bradford is awful (if he even makes it through this game healthy) and Chip Kelly really has no clue what he's doing as a coach (and especially as a GM).

The injuries, especially hearing Revis picked up a groin problem, are concerning, but the best thing NYJ did this offseason was add depth and I think they can sustain. Worried about Revis then Decker in that order, not so much Ivory though I want him in there, but a lot of my play is on their DL pushing PHI back for 60 minutes

Gwarner,
Where do u come up with chip Kelly has no idea as a head coach??

the more I look, the less I like anything this week....including the picks in my thread; feel best about Bengals TT

Chip 10-6 back to back yrs right?
Just a complete fool as a head coach

One of my friends matched with Fletcher Cox on tinder last night. They're Currently texting each other and I'm just asking her to get me some insider info lol

Balty is certainly a very interesting team. In some peoples eyes they are the third best team in their own division and in other peoples eyes they a sleeper Super Bowl contender. I came into the season ready to fade Cincinnati like crazy but I have to give it to them they have looked great. I feel like this game has more value as a watch and learn game than to actually wager on

ive held strong on balt last few years cause i think they incredibly strong organizationally and tend to find suitable replacements for their losses, maybe when perriman gets healthy and some reps with the offense he will help but right now i see a team that struggling to replace what they have lost on the outside over the years. i would have thought forcett was a good fit for tressman offense but so far he really been a non factor this season. i really dont trust cincy at all but i think talent wise everywhere besides qb they are far stronger than the ravens at the moment. i tend to agree passing feels like the best option cause cincy plus anything the only side i could get behind and not real sure i want to be there.

Back