Week 3 Discussion Thread

Go back to last season, I’m still not a Bucs fan.

I mean I keep losing going against them, but I’ll be on the Rams.

This was basically me in every playoff game last year, including the SB. Although, Washington covered. But they should have lost to NO. And fuck that Green Bay game.

A lot of the value has been sucked out of this game. I should have grabbed TB when they were +1, anything above -1 is really a pass for me. It's a streak, they're riding it, I'll take a small piece of the better QB and the team that has more weapons.

The kid is 51 of 69 with no picks in two games. I don't think they are afraid of him throwing.
They put up 16 pts and lost to miami, then got 17 pts off turnovers vs the worst team in football. Let's not act like this kid is a superstar just yet. Not saying they're afraid of letting him throw but rather the Saints have the run D to put him in third and long situations, which hasn't happened much so far this season.

I’m perfectly good with Jones throwing. I don’t think saints will have any more success rushing vs pats defense. I trust hoody defense to give jamis plenty of problems. Of course I’m pretty high on pats/believe they a playoff team anx not sold on saints.
That's where we disagree. The Patriots make the playoffs and I'll be utterly shocked. I have them losing 9+ games. I tend to think the Saints are going to give Kamara as many touches as they can here off a game where he played 36 snaps. Saints D (when healthy) is head and shoulders above what they just faced with the Jets. Two games of tape on Jones to gameplan I think NO makes it much tougher in this one.

Reasons I haven't locked it in yet-

1. Winston is a bum.

2. Horrible situation for the Saints who may just want to go home already.

Let me preface this by saying I think Wentz is trash even when healthy.

How in the world do you lay 5.5+ points with the Titans right now? They pulled out a great win @SEA but it took Henry running wild to get them there. Now they play a divisional game vs an 0-2 team that is better than most ppl think. That Titans D is looking very bad early in the season, Colts could pull out a win if they can get the run established and play turnover free. Indy tt o21 & points are getting a deeper look from me.

Let me preface this by saying I think Wentz is trash even when healthy.

How in the world do you lay 5.5+ points with the Titans right now? They pulled out a great win @SEA but it took Henry running wild to get them there. Now they play a divisional game vs an 0-2 team that is better than most ppl think. That Titans D is looking very bad early in the season, Colts could pull out a win if they can get the run established and play turnover free. Indy tt o21 & points are getting a deeper look from me.

I agree but on same page about wentz.

That's where we disagree. The Patriots make the playoffs and I'll be utterly shocked. I have them losing 9+ games. I tend to think the Saints are going to give Kamara as many touches as they can here off a game where he played 36 snaps. Saints D (when healthy) is head and shoulders above what they just faced with the Jets. Two games of tape on Jones to gameplan I think NO makes it much tougher in this one.

Reasons I haven't locked it in yet-

1. Winston is a bum.

2. Horrible situation for the Saints who may just want to go home already.

I respect the hell out of you snd kj but I think you both nuts on this. I ain’t really looked hard at their schedule but it can’t be that bad so I’d be shocked they lose more games than they win. They wernt that far from having a winning season last year w all those opt outs, none the free agents, garbage Cam making mistakes constantly. I dunno how you guys have so little respect for this coach and how many games he should win w a team built how he wants?

Isn’t the O line decimated?

Giants oline? I dunno If they have injuries but I mean what the difference? Their starters pretty much suck also. I don’t think falcons have the horses on the dline to really take advantage. Gmen off the mini bye, their season gonna be even worse than anticipated if they can’t beat atl who has looked awful! Falcons are kinda making the case you should play your guys in preseason cause they needed all the work they could get!!

Giants oline? I dunno If they have injuries but I mean what the difference? Their starters pretty much suck also. I don’t think falcons have the horses on the dline to really take advantage. Gmen off the mini bye, their season gonna be even worse than anticipated if they can’t beat atl who has looked awful! Falcons are kinda making the case you should play your guys in preseason cause they needed all the work they could get!!
Yes Giants.

Yes Giants.

not sure it matters that much? I suppose If the starter is ass that prob doesn’t bode well for backups talent level! Lol. I just can’t imagine Gmen lose this game, if they do there gonna be some guys who better start updating their resumes! From the front office, coaching staff, and qb!! Can’t imagine anyone safe if they lose this game! I been contemplating getting cute and using Gmen in survivor, prob a bad idea but can’t imagine there another spot this year id have any confidence in them!

I respect the hell out of you snd kj but I think you both nuts on this. I ain’t really looked hard at their schedule but it can’t be that bad so I’d be shocked they lose more games than they win. They wernt that far from having a winning season last year w all those opt outs, none the free agents, garbage Cam making mistakes constantly. I dunno how you guys have so little respect for this coach and how many games he should win w a team built how he wants?
Pats have the worst schedule as far as rest/opponents rest, I believe it was something like 17 days unfavorable per Warren Sharp's book. They play a couple teams coming off buys and have multiple games against teams that played the Thursday game.

Pats have the worst schedule as far as rest/opponents rest, I believe it was something like 17 days unfavorable per Warren Sharp's book. They play a couple teams coming off buys and have multiple games against teams that played the Thursday game.

ouch,, lol. thanks

Isn’t the O line decimated?

Worst OL in the league, I believe. And they did lose someone else.

But here's how I talk myself into this team this week.

This is their season. Seems weird to say, but this is absolutely a must-win game. They're 0-2 with a division loss, either Dallas or Philly will be 2-1 and 1-0 in the division come Tuesday. The Giants' next two games, don't pay attention to who they play (although, it's not good), but those games are on the road. This is the game you have to win to get back into this season. Now, obviously the problem is, you suck, and this is a must-win situation for a reason.

However, last week, you did a lot of things right. You put up 30 on a playoff team. You could argue you should have won that game. You put up almost 400 yards of offense against a great defense. You led for most of the game. You can tell yourself that you're not your record, and this is bullshit. Now you're at home, you've had a lot of time to look at what Atlanta does, there's not much more you can ask for. This is a win you've circled. You probably figured you'd be 1-1 maybe 2-0 by now, but that you're not, this is where you get out there and go fuck some guys up.

Also, this is a bad spot for Atlanta imo.

Last week, Atlanta actually played really well before they completely shit themselves late. They cut a three score lead down to three in the fourth quarter against the reigning SB champs. And then it all fell apart and they lost by 20. I don't think you take a moral victory from that. I think it's deflating. TB is a team they played pretty well even last year. You psych yourself up to go play the SB champs, you claw your way back in the game, and then you just meltdown completely. Now you're 0-2, two games back of both TB and Carolina.

Atlanta is in a bad place and while they need the win just as badly, they have to go back on the road for the second straight week to try to get it. And you're playing a team that is rested and desperate.

Don't get me wrong, I can make an argument for Atlanta here—which is largely based on the Giants sucking and their OL being a disaster. But with Atlanta it feels like a ton of things need to go right. I don't like it. it's a short line, at home, for a team that's going to get as much rest and prep time to go out and save their season (albeit temporarily) as you could ask for. I'll roll the dice with the Giants -3EV.

Looks like some RLM on Carolina tonight if that's your thing

I liked 'em anyway but that certainly doesn't hurt my feelings

I heard the dude from the Westgate on the radio yesterday talking about this. He expects this game to have a bigger handle than even the Sunday night game, which is kind of unheard of.

He also said there is no money coming in on Miami, that the house will need the Fish in a big way. I still say see if you can get 4.5 and tease the fish. Great letdown spot for the Raiders and Miami was embarrassed last weekend.

I heard the dude from the Westgate on the radio yesterday talking about this. He expects this game to have a bigger handle than even the Sunday night game, which is kind of unheard of.

He also said there is no money coming in on Miami, that the house will need the Fish in a big way. I still say see if you can get 4.5 and tease the fish. Great letdown spot for the Raiders and Miami was embarrassed last weekend.
I'll tell ya what, Miami this week is a classic Tru play if I have ever seen one.

Crazy about the potential handle on this Rams-TB game. Obviously will be pitched, again, as a potential NFC Championship game. Remember how ugly last years game was?

Yeah I like Miami this weekend. I don’t know if the raiders can totally expose their o line

According to Schefter, Wentz is practicing today. Which may be good for me on two levels, first for that Eagles' draft pick, but also because I've talked myself into Tennessee this weekend.

In a perfect world, a completely immobile Wentz takes 100% of the snaps on Sunday, throws three INTs and one TD and the Colts lose by two to three scores. In a not so perfect world, he lasts about a quarter and a half and the Colts limp through the game with a backup and lose by two to three scores.

I think you see where I'm going here.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Starting LT Jordan Mailata sprained his knee in practice on Wednesday for the Birds. This means the Eagles would be down two OL starters on MNF if he can't go.

That ain't good.

Not sure where this would go, but word on Christian McCaffrey is that he'll be out "a few weeks." You sort of had to figure he'd be out against Dallas next week, but after that they have a couple of games that a good team should be able to muddle through without him. If they can get him back after say four games, they shouldn't suffer to much. At least, in theory.

That said, their offense does pretty much run through him. Suggests they may stay an under team in the near term.

That said, their offense does pretty much run through him. Suggests they may stay an under team in the near term.
Don't think the offense will really suck, nice to be able to practice for a week knowing he won't be there

Don't think the offense will really suck, nice to be able to practice for a week knowing he won't be there

Problem is, it just puts so much more pressure on Darnold. This wasn't a team that was scoring a lot of points with McCaffrey in there, so it feels like 20, 23 is the high end for them in terms of scoring. Thankfully for them that DL is really difficult to deal with, so they shouldn't be giving up a ton of points, but you still have to feel like they're really going to try to keep games low losing their most dynamic weapon on offense.

Problem is, it just puts so much more pressure on Darnold. This wasn't a team that was scoring a lot of points with McCaffrey in there, so it feels like 20, 23 is the high end for them in terms of scoring. Thankfully for them that DL is really difficult to deal with, so they shouldn't be giving up a ton of points, but you still have to feel like they're really going to try to keep games low losing their most dynamic weapon on offense.
Well that's true but I felt like that even with CMC

Great coach to play that game

Back