party0010.gif

wavetowel2.gif
CFB 2007
(24-20)
wavetowel2.gif

POD (3-2)
UNITS (+2.6) based on 1 and 2 unit plays
MattMan_foshizzle.gif

Games that I post the night before, usually will use stats prior to that night's games. I do take into effect(in my thougth process) what transpired that night.

onto some thoughts....

West Virginia -15.5 (1.1-1) WIN

TCU -8 (1.1-1) LOSS

Troy +10.5 (1.1-1) WIN

Troy/Okie State OVER 62 (1.1-1) WIN

Troy +17 OVER 55 (1.2-1) WIN

Ohio State - 3 (1.2-1)

Iowa -16 (1.1-1)

BYU -6.5 (1.1-1)

Michigan State -8 (1.1-1)

ECU +1 (1.1-1)

Auburn - 13 (1.1-1)

Michigan - 9.5 (1.1-1)

Akron + 13 (POD) (2.2-2)

Louisville -6.5 (1.1-1)

Hawaii -16.5 (.6-.5) HG tail

Tennessee/UF under 58 (1.1-1)

Akron/Indiana under 49 (.6-.5)

UCLA + 10 UM/ND OVER 38 (1.2-1)

Houston -14 (1.2-1) forum play

Tech -28 (1.1-1) forum play

Last edited:
Ohio State - 3 at Washington

This line is exactly where I thought it would be. I think this is a great spot for the visiting Buckeyes. The Ohio State defense has been brilliant in their first 2 games. Last week against Akron they held Akron to 13 straight 3 and outs. Jake Locher will see his first real defense of the year. I do not see Washington being able to move the ball in this one. I know this seems like the typical game where a superior opponent can come out west and get upset BUT defense will take over this game. Ohio State will throw multiple looks and confuse the young QB. In Washington two wins, they have not had that great of stats either. Think OSU wins this by double digits.....

some trends
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Ohio State is 21-1 SU in its last 22 games

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Ohio State is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games on the road

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Ohio State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Washington is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Washington is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Washington's last 12 games

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Washington is 5-14 ATS in its last 19 games at home

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Washington is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games at home

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington's last 5 games at home</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ohio State - 3 at Washington

This line is exactly where I thought it would be. I think this is a great spot for the visiting Buckeyes. The Ohio State defense has been brilliant in their first 2 games. Last week against Akron they held Akron to 13 straight 3 and outs. Jake Locher will see his first real defense of the year. I do not see Washington being able to move the ball in this one. I know this seems like the typical game where a superior opponent can come out west and get upset BUT defense will take over this game. Ohio State will throw multiple looks and confuse the young QB. In Washington two wins, they have not had that great of stats either. Think OSU wins this by double digits.....

some trends
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Ohio State is 21-1 SU in its last 22 games

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Ohio State is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games on the road

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Ohio State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Washington is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Washington is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Washington's last 12 games

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Washington is 5-14 ATS in its last 19 games at home

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">Washington is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games at home

</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=Sport_data width="100%">The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington's last 5 games at home</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just waiting for it to get to three hopefully..like this game a lot

that is always nice to hear....which one is your big play...

do you think that OSU game will drop to 3?

notes found on various sites....sportingnews...espn...foxsports...scoresa nd

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- There were several reasons why Akron's offense looked so offensive against Ohio State's defense.

But there were not nearly as many reasons as there were punts by the Zips. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0 4px;><TBODY><TR><TD><IFRAME src="http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/top_comments.php?t=270220" frameBorder=0 scrolling=no onload=resizeIFrame(this); height=0></IFRAME>
The 12th-ranked Buckeyes beat Akron 20-2 on Saturday in a pillowfight of a football game. Both offensive units appeared to have met each other shortly before the opening kickoff. Or were the defenses really that granite-hard?

Akron punted 14 times, including 12 in a row after going three-and-out.
Ohio State's offense also had trouble, turning the ball over five times.
There were even some boos late in the first half when they ran the ball up the middle on third and 21 from their own 18.

The biggest factor in the outcome was that the Buckeyes were good on defense.

"Their speed is a major thing," said Akron quarterback Chris Jacquemain. "The size, the quickness. They're disciplined. They're in the right position. They're one of the best front sevens we'll see."

Also, the Zips were not very good on offense.

They totaled just 69 yards on 51 plays, an average of just 1.4 yards -- about halfway toward the 1960s measuring stick of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

"They were way behind the count after first down," coach Jim Tressel said. "It looked to me like they were second and 12, second and 13 a whole bunch. You hate to get second and 13 against our defense."
But that wasn't really the case. On first-down plays, the Zips were 7-for-9 passing for 28 yards, and gained 12 yards on eight rushes. It was after that they started to fall apart.
"Everybody did their jobs and executed well," Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis said. "I don't think it was anything special. Guys were focused."

Akron's Chris Jacquemain completed 12-of-21 passes for 48 yards and Carlton Jackson adding 5-of-10 passing for 18 yards. Neither was intercepted, but then again they seldom threw more than a few yards down the field.

Chris "Beanie" Wells' 143 yards rushing and 20 carries were both career highs. He had 11 attempts for 47 yards in the opening half

Here's Ohio State's offensive output by quarter: 65 yards in the first quarter, 50 in the second, 132 in the third and 116 in the fourth.

week ago, in Ohio State's 38-6 win over Youngstown State, the temperature on the FieldTurf surface was 140 degrees. During the Akron game, it was 90 degrees

"The stakes are much higher as we get on the plane to head to Washington," coach Jim Tressel said.

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jake Locker, so impressive in his collegiate debut while beating Syracuse 42-12, looked more like a 19-year-old in his second collegiate start Saturday. He lost a fumble, threw an interception, and avoided three more early in the game because Boise State defenders dropped passes. Washington didn't score over the final 21/2 quarters

Vonzell McDowell started and was picked on by Boise State's passing game -- until the freshman intercepted Taylor Tharp's pass at the 2 with 2:40 left to seal UW's first win over a ranked team in 11 tries.

Ohio Plays (Akron, Kent, Ohio State, Toledo, Miami, Ohio, Bowling Green, Cincinatti) SEASON 9-2

This week

Akron + 13
waiting on Akron under
Ohio State -3
waiting on OSU under
looking at Miami over Cincinatti
looking at Va Tech over Ohio
looking at Toledo over Kansas
waiting on Toledo/Kansas over​

yessir, my only worry about OSU is that their QB play has been average at best. If Boeckman plays like he did against akron then OSU will sure to be beat because Washington has too good of a offense to let our defense play a bunch of snaps early.

OSU defense is good but even some of the best defenses get exhausted.

frank- Thanks for the thoughts....I agree that even a great defense will struggle if overworked BUT OSU uses many different players on both sides of the ball. They do not overwork their players. Also, Chris Wells will be huge in this game! If OSU can get the power game working look for Brandon Saine to get some big plays on the outside. Also, Boeckman will be fine IMO, he has two games under his belt and will now have a real opponent.

Frankie, I am not too worried about our D getting tired. We rotate guys and dont loose a beat. Our DL have 4 man rotation (Denlinger, Larrimore, Abdullah, Heyward and Worthington) and the D ends have 4-5 man rotation (Rose, Gholston, Gibson and Worthington). LBers havefrom what I ahve seen, a 4 man rotation with a little bit of a 5th ( Laurinitus, Freeman, Grant, Homan and little bit of Spitler). The DBs not sure of the rotation, but our safeties are nasty.

Last edited:
Yessir, hell of a job on those Ohio teams this yr, you really have them nailed down.

I am going to go back and see what I can learn about Akron in this matchup

Mags- thanks man...BOL to you also

Mutosufan- great info....I agree completely on this assessment. Tressal does a great job keeping his guys fresh....

something to keep an eye on

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e3e1c7 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e3e1c7 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e3e1c7 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e3e1c7 1px solid" vAlign=center width=290 background=http://image.weather.com/web/common/backgrounds/1X67px_10day_background.jpg colSpan=3 height=67><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=290 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=center align=left width=65 height=25>Sat
Sep 15

</TD><TD vAlign=center width=115><TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e3e1c7 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e3e1c7 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e3e1c7 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e3e1c7 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=105 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=36>
11.gif
</TD><TD class=blueVerdanaText11 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=center width=69>Few Showers</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=blueFont10 width=65>68°/57°</TD><TD class=blueVerdanaText10 align=middle width=50>30% </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e3e1c7 0px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: #e3e1c7 0px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #e3e1c7 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 20px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e3e1c7 1px solid" vAlign=top align=left width=150 background=http://image.weather.com/web/common/backgrounds/graph_background_10day.jpg height=67>
blank.gif
68°F

It does not look like heat will be a factor

ETTG- thanks man....I expect Akron to contend for the MAC throughout the season. Also, your boys looked good this past week. I hope it was SC being undervalued and not Auburn being overvalued:cheers:

Akron

I like Akron for a couple of different reasons. I can see them competing throughout this game. What can Indiana do well? They can pass the ball well but do not have much of a running game. They have put up the yards but have not faced a legitimate defense yet. Last week they beat Western Michigan (same team that gave up 62 to WVU the week before). They were a 1 point dawg in that game but won by 10. Yes, I think that Indiana was undervalued, but how did we all miss this game?

Inidiana is succussful through the air but the Zips have a pretty good defense. All in all, I see a low scoring game- I like the double digit dog in those types of games. Also, I am not ready to give up on the Zips offense yet. They have struggled but last week they played one of the best defenses in the country. They will not be intimidated to play in a big stadium either (won at NC State last year).....these were just some random thoughts coming to my head...lol

Also, Chris Jawueman has a 98 QB rating through 2 games....only 1 TD but no picks

I see there game against Army a little differently. I attended the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium...There were a few long drives in the game. Jabari(Ja BAR e) Arthur had a big game with 11 catches for 125 yards and a hell of a TD. Arthur, a native of Montreal who was selected sixth overall in the 2007 Canadian Football League draft, moved from ninth to sixth on the Zips' career-receptions list. He will be the bail out for Jaqueman this week. He is 6'4" and very athletic, I do not see how Indiana will contain him.

Jaqueman was 14-24 for 125 yards. No those are not huge state but they are decent considering he threw for a TD and no picks. Also, he led the team on an 80 yard TD drive to take control of the game. Backup RB Bryan Williams will continue to get more reps. He is a big time player that cost himself a big school with grades. He returns kicks (opening kick for 70 yards against Army).

Defensively, Reggie Corner is doing his best to be an NFL player. He is short but has had a brilliant career. This year he has 2 picks, one for 74 yards and a TD. Also, his deflection led to another INT last week at the Shoe.

I think Akron has enough offense/ST to put up 17-21 points. I do not see Indiana getting to 30 in this one.

Last edited:
Auburn

Does anyone have any information on their various injuries? This play for me is a fade of MSU along with Auburn coming back. LSU throttled this team by using a very vanilla offense (did not want to show anything before Va Tech week. I am by no means putting Auburn in the same talk as LSU. Auburn is coming off a loss to SF and needs this win badly. Doubt they want to start the season 1-2 (0-1)....To keep it simple- They get them at home and are giving up less than 2 TDs? I will bite...
Peace_5.gif

Last edited:
YESSIR....Auburn lost to SoFla not SouthCarolina but none the less, Auburn looked like complete dog shit in both of their games this yr, especially Cox.

I am not one to jump on a bandwagon, especially on the bandwagon that has only beaten a terrible syracuse team, and an overrated Boise St team that historically plays at a level way below what they play at home. Locker is gonna be a stud, and I'm lovin the hype, but I dont buy it. I do know that this hype is only taking 4 points from an outstanding defensive team, and I will be glad to add more to my OSU play if it stays under 6. Buckeyes roll 30-13.

OSU's Defense will dominate this game and force some big turnovers against the frosh QB. As a result they will win the field position battle and set up some short fields and establish a solid running game. once that happens the Buckeyes will be singing rock-a-bye-baby all day. I really do think their D will dominate and win this game for them. I am just not sold on UDubb at all

RJ Esq- yeah I knew that there were many injuries just not how bad...

ATTG- I do not know what was going threw my mind when I wrote that...lol

Pokey- thanks and bOL to you. I completely agree with your assessment of the game. I am not sure it will be that bad but I think a DD victory is in store...

Opened 5...I waited and was hoping for 3 then said fuck it I'll buy it down and sure enough it was 4 by then

oh...on a side note, I thought that UM line had the Henne effect already built into it....I see it at 7 in some places. I still like my 9.5 a lot though.....

I never mess with parlays but decided to throw out a bs one for 10 bucks
lol Risking:
$10 To Win:
$1754.46

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR class=fRow><TD>
  • CFB)
  • 09/15/07 @ 9:30 AM
</TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sRow><TD>
  • [118] AUBURN
  • -13-110
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR class=fRow><TD>
  • (CFB)
  • 09/15/07 @ 10:30 AM
  • [125] IOWA
  • -17½-110
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR class=fRow><TD>
  • (CFB)
  • 09/15/07 @ 12:30 PM
  • [136] MICHIGAN
  • -7½-110
  • (CFB)
  • 09/15/07 @ 12:30 PM
  • [143] OHIO STATE
  • -4-110
  • (CFB)
  • 09/15/07 @ 4:00 PM
  • [161] HOUSTON U
  • -14-110
  • (CFB)
  • 09/15/07 @ 4:30 PM
  • [163] LOUISVILLE
  • -6½-110
  • (CFB)
  • 09/15/07 @ 12:00 PM
  • [171] TEXAS TECH
  • -28-110
  • (CFB)
  • 09/15/07 @ 7:00 PM
  • [186] ARIZONA ST
  • -28-110
biggest wast of a 12 pack ever :36_11_6:

i knew their was a rotation on tOSU but i wasn't sure if their rotation is solid. i think OSU may have to score 28-32 points to win this game and i have total question marks about the QB position because if he has trouble picking apart Akron's defense his troubles will be insurmountable at washington. Yessir or anyone else please talk me off my thinking and on The OSU.

Here are just some things that I have pulled out from pre season stats. These did not take the first 2 games into account. Everyone has seen them the first two games so you can judge those for yourselves. One thing we must think of is how good Cuse and Boise will be at year's end.

Last season, Washington's defense was below average, finishing eighth in the conference in scoring defense (25.9) and ninth in total defense (379.3). The red zone numbers were also last in the Pac-10.

The front 4 is back and the LBs have some experience BUT the secondary is a major issue. Out of the 8 in DBs 3 are walk ons.

"We have Jason Wells and Roy Lewis as returning starters, but other than them, we don't have much experience there," Willingham said. "The word for our secondary is 'productivity.' It's time for them to be productive back there. We have to come up with interceptions. We have to come up with batted balls and big plays. That's something we haven't really done."

Punting and Kicking game (where OSU wins games)

If you live in the Seattle area and can either kick or punt and have college eligibility remaining, you may as well stop by Washington's fall camp. At this point, it's truly looking that bad at both kicking positions.But there is hope. JUCO transfer Jared Ballman (5-11, 175) had a tough spring but is still in the mix. Junior Ryan Perkins (6-0, 185) missed last season after a knee injury in the 2006 spring game and is expected back in the fall, but he hasn't kicked in more than a year and never has in a college game, so who knows?

The answer here could be freshman Erik Folk (5-10, 190) of Notre Dame High School in Woodlands, Calif. He was 53-of-53 on extra points last season and had two field goals of at least 50 yards including a 56-yarder.
"Our whole kicking game, except for our snapper, is going to be new," Willingham said. "It's going to be brand spanking new, and it should be exciting.

Ballman was expected to nail down the job this spring but his performance in the spring game was, to be kind, abysmal. He averaged 26.5 yards on six punts and shanked two, in-cluding one he almost completely missed that traveled barely 20 yards.

Oline

The Huskies basically played five guys up front all last season, outside of a play here and there. That again shows the lack of depth that remains in the program although the starters did a nice job, allowing just 19 sacks in 12 games.

"We need to develop some maulers," says Willingham. "They have to come of age really fast for us to be a good football team."

I see this being a HUGE problem and difference of the game for OSU. Vernan Gholston will cause tons of problems for the young QB. He is a speed rusher that should be able to get around slower offensive lineman. Washington does have a huge line. Also, Laurenitus will just be floating around in the mid field making plays.

I disagree that OSU needs to score 30 in this game. I am not too sure that Washington gets to 20...

The whether is supposed to be mild so players wont be tired(I know you did not say they would but just throwing that out there). Ohio State's defense will put Washington in bad spots throughout the entire game. That will in turn give OSU the ball in good spots. I do not see Washington being able to contain the Chris Wells/Brandon Saine combo.
Also, Beochman is a Craig Krentzal type QB, with more natural ability. The OSU running game will open up passing lanes for him. brian Hartline and Brian Robiski are starting to come into their own. Also, Ray Small (beat Ted Ginn's high school sprint record) is supposed to be back in pads this week. I agree Washington can gain more natinal recognition with a win but OSU can be "considered" by the talking heads as an elite team again.

Washington has been terrible at home in recent years....Also, I think Boise will have a serious step back this year- so that game did not shock me....

I was one game away in week one from hitting a 10-2084 parlay Yessir..fuckin sick

Do one once a week for fun

I was one game away in week one from hitting a 10-2084 parlay Yessir..fuckin sick

Do one once a week for fun

I try these once a week as well... they are just fun. However, I did hit this last night: $2 to win 59.24

<TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>15291014-1 </TD><TD noWrap>9/9/2007 </TD><TD noWrap>Parlay </TD><TD noWrap align=right>59.24 </TD><TD noWrap align=right></TD><TD noWrap>Football - 429 New York Giants -½ +244 for 1st Quarter
Football - 430 Dallas Cowboys -½ -120 for 2nd Quarter
Football - 430 Dallas Cowboys -½ +105 for 3rd Quarter
Football - 429 New York Giants +½ -125 for 4th Quarter

Only played it because I could give 2 shits about The Giants and the Cowboys. This made things interesting haha

This wasnt my normal 1 for the weekend... it was $5 to win $8100 LOL :36_11_6:

good points for OSU, i think i would only take it if i could get -3 or better only because i still am iffy.

yessir for the record the big 10 network does suck.

Good thread bro..

For those in utter fear of tOSU's offense being putrid, I think it's a big premature to hit any panic buttons..

They've played YSU and Akron, knowing this game was in store in week 3, the gameplan's couldn't have been any more vanilla...this has been so obvious by watching the games...shit, they ran a trap play at least 20 times vs Akron...we've seen NO bubbles, reverses (besides the first kickoff one to Saine)...this team has shown nothing and scored 58 pts in two games..against not very good teams yes, but cmon...lets see what they have when it counts before we panic..

Is the offense going to be explosive? NO.

Is the Oline going to improve? I believe so...the interior run blocking from Cordle and Person has been disappointing to me so far, but these were the first two starts they'd had..this will improve..

Hartline will become more in the gameplan when the downfield passing game is more a part of the gameplan..

Boeckman will not force balls to Robo the more he plays w/ all the receivers...

Ray Small gives them more of an option in space, where the bubbles, etc will be brought in..

Rorey Nicol has looked great so far, and the TE is now a part of the gameplan and a legit option..

This offense isn't dynamic and prolly won't be this year...but they are more than capable..

One thing we have to remember about tOSU is Tressel plans everything. The play calling has been so vanilla for the first 2 games. Talent alone can win, so lets keep something extra for Washington since they are in the Pac 10 and will be better than YSU and Akron. Especially after 2 games we know they are much, much better.

This offense is being compared to last years Troy Smith offense. Two totally different gameplans. With that comparison, obviously this offense is going to be perceived as "weak". Is it weak? Comparatively speaking, yes. In actuality? No, maybe right now, but that is because of the gameplan against two overwhelmed opponents.

I have never seen a Tressel team outprepared, outcoached or out smarted.........outside of the Florida game. Tressel has been playing chess while others have been playing checkers. Willingham will not outcoach Tressel. And the Wash. O will not have much success against our D.

Two blah gameplans, coupled with the comparison of last years offense, UW blasting a bottom DI team and an overrated Mid Major equals great value at -3, -4, -5.

I got it at -3

Frankie- The only time i see it is at the bar...I have Time Warner which still has not picked it up? What sucks about it? It looks a little cheesy ...I ll post an article that kind of sums it up...I think I will like it a lot for basketball and other sports....

Thanks Jump...that is good to hear about Nicol. I think he has a lot of talent and expect a big year. Ray Small is amazingly gifted athlete...we have to be more creative to get the ball in his hands IMO...why not punt returns instead of throwing are number 1 receiver back there? Jamario can return also IMO.....Though I have just caught parts of OSU games (because of TWC) I have heard on the radio that the line has been shaky....

Steed thanks bro...good luck to you also

Mutosufan- I could not have summed it up any better...both you and Jump brought up good points with the Tressal factor. I think OSU wins this by 2 scores...I tend to agree with you about the offense also. Great post

Last edited:
Added two totals

also, I decided to post my units because I and not just flat betting anymore...I will keep it simple with 1 and 2 unit plays. I calculated where I would be with my record now...

I like TCU for a couple of reasons. Number 1, I tend to disagree with the "their season is over because they lost to Texas" angle. They are not like Notre Dame (non conference school), so they have a lot to play for. If they beat Texas they would be in the top 15? How does that make or break their season? There is no chance they would be considered in the national race...

Anyways this is the start to their Mountain West Conference. All in all they have played 2 pretty good games. They shut out a decent Baylor team and played with Texas for a half! Air Force beat South Carolina State before beating Utah...

Kids are waiting for me to start but I will throw out some trends here. In the L3 years TCU is 5-2 as a favorite of 3.5-12 points. They are 19-7 ATS in all games and 12-4 against conference opponents. They are 1-0 as a road favorite between 7.5-10 points.

Air Force is 3-4 as a dog of 3.5-10pts ATS L3...10-14 in all games ATS.. and 7-10 against conference teams. After 2 SU wins Air Force is 0-2 ATS in the L3 years... They are 3-8 ATS in home games...3-4 off a win against a conference rival and 0-2 as a home dog of 7.5-10 points.

As it looks Aarron Brown will not play here is a list of some backs that will share duties:

Given that TCU ran the ball 65 percent of the time last season, replacing the graduated Lonta Hobbs, who was second on the team in rushing with 665 yards and fourth on the school's career list, is of vital importance. Patterson's stockpile of running backs suffered a blow when junior Detrick James was dismissed from the team for a violation of university policy.
James, who ran for 198 yards last season, earned important early-season playing time when Brown and Hobbs were injured, but a broken arm suffered in practice ended his season after five games. Despite being removed from the team, James was allowed to remain in school.

Regardless of whether James was on the roster, sophomore Joseph Turner (6-1, 226) seemed poised to become Brown's primary backup. He was impressive in limited duty last season, gaining 166 yards on just 24 attempts, and he's a breakaway threat. Turner's potential emergence would give the Horned Frogs more of a true power back. TCU is long on speed, but Turner is 30 pounds heavier than any other tailback on the two-deep.
Junior Justin Watts (5-10, 185) is the likely beneficiary of James' dismissal. He rushed for a total of 208 yards in his first two seasons, but struggled to earn carries in a crowded backfield. The hard-working Watts will be given every opportunity to earn playing time.

Senior William Jackson (6-0, 235) will return for his third season as the starting fullback. There is nothing fancy about Jackson, who has 17 career carries, but he has proven effective at helping clear holes, and that shouldn't change.

Sophomore Chris Smith (5-11, 231) is being groomed as Jackson's eventual replacement. Smith gained 41 yards and scored a touchdown last season, with those modest numbers coming mostly in Horned Frog blowouts.

They have one of the best kickers in the nation, which usually help covering in tight spreads....

I really do not see how Utah does a lot on this defense... TCU has one of the best defenses in the nation and are very solid in the secondary

I gotta run....:cheers:

GL on the card YesSir. I might have to join on the Hawaii play.

Couple thoughts on TCU tonight. They are 100% without Brown and Joseph Turner (foot) which leaves Justin Watts and Ryan Christian to carry the load. I don't think it'll be a big conern, but Brown and Turner are avg. 5.9 yds on 15 carries this year while Watts and Christian are avg. 3.5 yds on 37 carries. I think TCU's defense should carry them either way.

I like TCU for a couple of reasons. Number 1, I tend to disagree with the "their season is over because they lost to Texas" angle. They are not like Notre Dame (non conference school), so they have a lot to play for. If they beat Texas they would be in the top 15? How does that make or break their season? There is no chance they would be considered in the national race...

Anyways this is the start to their Mountain West Conference. All in all they have played 2 pretty good games. They shut out a decent Baylor team and played with Texas for a half! Air Force beat South Carolina State before beating Utah...

Kids are waiting for me to start but I will throw out some trends here. In the L3 years TCU is 5-2 as a favorite of 3.5-12 points. They are 19-7 ATS in all games and 12-4 against conference opponents. They are 1-0 as a road favorite between 7.5-10 points.

Air Force is 3-4 as a dog of 3.5-10pts ATS L3...10-14 in all games ATS.. and 7-10 against conference teams. After 2 SU wins Air Force is 0-2 ATS in the L3 years... They are 3-8 ATS in home games...3-4 off a win against a conference rival and 0-2 as a home dog of 7.5-10 points.

As it looks Aarron Brown will not play here is a list of some backs that will share duties:

Given that TCU ran the ball 65 percent of the time last season, replacing the graduated Lonta Hobbs, who was second on the team in rushing with 665 yards and fourth on the school's career list, is of vital importance. Patterson's stockpile of running backs suffered a blow when junior Detrick James was dismissed from the team for a violation of university policy.
James, who ran for 198 yards last season, earned important early-season playing time when Brown and Hobbs were injured, but a broken arm suffered in practice ended his season after five games. Despite being removed from the team, James was allowed to remain in school.

Regardless of whether James was on the roster, sophomore Joseph Turner (6-1, 226) seemed poised to become Brown's primary backup. He was impressive in limited duty last season, gaining 166 yards on just 24 attempts, and he's a breakaway threat. Turner's potential emergence would give the Horned Frogs more of a true power back. TCU is long on speed, but Turner is 30 pounds heavier than any other tailback on the two-deep.
Junior Justin Watts (5-10, 185) is the likely beneficiary of James' dismissal. He rushed for a total of 208 yards in his first two seasons, but struggled to earn carries in a crowded backfield. The hard-working Watts will be given every opportunity to earn playing time.

Senior William Jackson (6-0, 235) will return for his third season as the starting fullback. There is nothing fancy about Jackson, who has 17 career carries, but he has proven effective at helping clear holes, and that shouldn't change.

Sophomore Chris Smith (5-11, 231) is being groomed as Jackson's eventual replacement. Smith gained 41 yards and scored a touchdown last season, with those modest numbers coming mostly in Horned Frog blowouts.

They have one of the best kickers in the nation, which usually help covering in tight spreads....

I really do not see how Utah does a lot on this defense... TCU has one of the best defenses in the nation and are very solid in the secondary

I gotta run....:cheers:

This makes alot of sense, Yessir. After careful consideration and confering with Jump, we're on the following plays tonight:

Utah Team under (100 units)
TCU -anything (100 units)
Utah prop--zero yards of offense (100 units)

These are all LOCKS OF THE YEAR....as TCU is playing AFA.

:36_11_6:

Back