Week 2 Write-Ups and hopefully feedback

Not only that, I was surprised the Riley let Fife throw a deep pass for TD very late with the game obviously decided (and the cover for that matter). Surprised because it doesn't seem like Riley's nature to try and run it up and Bohl was on the opposing sideline...didn't think he would do that to him. But I'm sure Riley would just say he was letting his kids (backups) have some success and fun.

Allen's TD to Gentry right before the half was pretty awesome.

Keep your head up br@ssknux, I enjoy the time you put into it. The results will break the other way.

3. Rice +8.5 @ Army: Given Army's performance in any scenario in which they are favored or having previously enjoyed some fleeting moments of prosperity, this is an auto play for me. It really doesn't matter what time period you use or what specific situation you use, Army can't cover as a favorite, and they are 4-14 ATS coming off a win in recent years, and most of the losses have been outright. They looked fantastic last week in a pretty dominant win over Temple, but that was a situation in which they were in their element. That's certainly not the case this week, and although Rice looked atrocious last week at Western Kentucky, the match-up is much better for them this week. Rice was last year and appears to be this year one of the worst pass defenses in creation. Against the run, they aren't bad, and they won't have to worry about covering anyone this week. Rice also should be able to put some points on the board. I've always been a fan of their coach David Bailiff, so I expect a nice bounce back performance from them this week. If the Cadets blow their doors off and build off their nice opener, I'll take my hat off them and we might be looking at a nice season from them(which I'd love to see), but I think the chances are better that they come down to earth a bit this week. If you play money lines, this is probably as good a play as you will see given Army's history.

Rice hits aTD bomb on first play and I think I'm dead, holding an Army ticket and now needing 3 scores to win. Fortunately for bull, the game is 59 plus minutes more.
and on a different note, I watched Navy give up a 3 TD lead and Pitt did the same, although I wasn't watching.

What an absolute disaster of a week. There are still a couple left to finish, but i'm sure they'll all find a way to lose. I have done an expert job of unwittingly identifying a bunch of teams that almost certainly played their worst games of the year, but some of my reasoning on some of these was just complete nonsense and fantasy. Yeah...Iowa State's defense is good and they'll scrap and claw and stay in it. Arky State is better than they showed in week 1, Kentucky will actually exhibit a pulse. All declarations based nowhere in reality.

It's funny...I played a ton of dogs that I thought had a lot of value. At the end of the day you could have put 'em all on a dartboard, and done significantly better. Back to the salt mines tomorrow.

i bet you do better week 3?

wanna bet?:popcorn:

Back