Week 2: What have we learned

DAL scored early and built a huge lead. NYG made a stupid decision to take (and pay) a RB #2 while the whole world can't stop complaining about Eli. I missed a lot of this game so if someone can tell me about how NYG trailed forever and then made the score look better late i'm all ears

Cowboys DL dominated Giants sorry line on the ground. Marinelli actually blitzed more than usual and the young CBs (Awuzie especially) held up well in man coverage to limit OBJ.

Dallas went up 20-3 with about 4 minutes left using some quick curl routes to Beasley and a nice sequence of RPO plays near and in the red zone, two with Dak holding the ball and gaining chunks, the third with Zeke powering in from the five.

Giants drove down against soft coverage and scored with just under two minute left to make it 20-10. Then they recovered an onside kick when Blake Jarwin tried to field a fastball straight ahead squib and had it clank off his mitts. Then with three timeouts still in possession the Giants dinked it into deep FG range in about a minute, then dinked it further to about the twenty burning two timeouts before finally taking the FG with 15 seconds left.

With Jarwin's ass firmly on the bench for the next onside, the Giants tried a semi-pooch to the sideline that went OOB. Game over, we all cash Dallas tickets.

Brilliant Pats move has now gone to the back of the news wire for the following NFL major move...

The Browns have filled the hole in their WR room by making ANOTHER major move.

Please welcome the newest member of the Cleveland Browns...Rod Streater.

Brownies deciding to turn around their franchise by bringing in Streater...a guy who they’re confident will fill the shoes of Gordon ... get ready for it ...

SINCE THEY’VE SEEN SUCH PROGRESS SINCE HE FAILED TO MAKE THEIR ORIGINAL SEASON STARTING ROSTER AND WAS CUT BY THE TEAM 3 WEEKS AGO.

According to the NFL draft pick equivalency chart, a 5th round conditional draft pick is equal to a #3 value meal at McDonalds...IF you don’t ask to large size it, which is what Cleveland received in return for the one-time 1600 yard pass catcher.

After two weeks I see defenses in the following tiers:

ELITE (blowout cover ability)
Jacksonville
Minnesota
LA Rams
Philly (waffling on them here, could be tier 3)

ARRIVING WITH POTENTIAL (will keep them in a lot of games)
Cleveland
Dallas
Houston
Chicago

CAN BE GOOD AGAINST THE RIGHT MATCHUP
Miami
NY Jets
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Tennessee
Indy
LA Chargers (possibly elite when Bosa plays)
Denver
Washington
Atlanta
Carolina

NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS PAST REP
Green Bay
New Orleans
NY Giants
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Kansas City
New England
Oakland

SIEVES (over central)
Buffalo
Arizona
San Francisco
Detroit
Tampa Bay

New England is better than you are giving them credit for....it was 103 on the field, hottest game in 15 years in the NFL and Pats from a cool weather climate, same thing happened to them a few years ago in Miami

Except Bortles did the same thing to New England in January, but this time simply kept the foot on the gas pedal

Not arguing that point....Agree jags are formidable...but Pats are not on the lower end of the spectrum imho....

No I agree with you. I think they underestimated Bortles. They kept challenging him to throw and kept focusing on bottling up the run and Bortles kept surprising them by throwing it downfield and doing that well

@Gandolf not sure how much Zimmer did as a defensive guy with Keenum, think that is on the OC Shurmur who is now trying to revive Eli

No I agree with you. I think they underestimated Bortles. They kept challenging him to throw and kept focusing on bottling up the run and Bortles kept surprising them by throwing it downfield and doing that well

as they should, but if Bortles morphs into a Trent Dilfer game manager or even *gasp* a good QB they may destroy everyone in the AFC

just bet the Raiders opponent 2nd half when they have the lead. UP 13-10 vs Rams @ Oakland week 1 LOSE 33-13. UP 12-0 week 2 @ on Broncos, LOSE 20-19

and speaking of the Rams, BOTH they AND the Chiefs can score "like a rabbit on a date". LA 33 points week 1 and 34 points week 2 while KC 38 points week 1 and 42 points week 2

Last edited:
Back