Week 2 What Are We Learning

Saints D is legit. We knew that. Wayyyy too much offensive talent to have that bullshit you just saw.

Honestly was one of the best reg season games I’ve been too…3-3 in the 4th and got chippy.
The refs were awful but that ain’t why Saints lost.

The good news is this is auto bet week. 0-1 teams vs 1-0.

Jets at Cleveland - SU and ATS win
Lions
hosting Washington - SU and ATS win
Panthers
at Giants - SU and ATS loss
Patriots
at Pittsburgh - SU win and ATS push (really a win if you bought anytime before Sunday)
Niners
hosting Seattle - SU and ATS win
Pack
hosting Chicago - SU and ATS win
Titans
at Buffalo
Still the best week of the year to bet the NFL without even having to think much about it.

Last edited:
Indy still can‘t win in Jax.

How much longer does Detroit have one of the NFL‘s highest-scoring offenses for?

The Browns season effectively ended today with how they gave away that game. They will never recover and I will look into season under win totals when they become available.

Garrett Wilson is a stud and the Jets finally have some skill position talent at both receiver and running back. I also like Tyler Conklin at TE but the fumbling has to stop.

The Jets offensive line is and will continue to be a problem all year and the defense was terrible all game.

Lions are really a fun team and good to see Dan Campbell have some success.

Saints and Bucs are both tremendous on defense. Todd Bowles obviously learned a lot from his previous head coaching experience by now calling the defense instead of letting his incompetent best friend handle it when they were with the Jets. Dennis Allen can win with that defense but if Jameis isn't considerably better he will destroy their chances.

Matt Rhule won't last the season and Baker has really disappointed.

Knew to take New England when they shockingly were favored at Pittsburgh but didn't. Neither of these teams are anything better than .500 or so. I'm not a fan of Pickett but Trubisky offers no upside so they should make a change relatively soon.

Colts and Ryan are both done and good effort from Lawrence and the Jags. Things are looking up in Jacksonville now that they have an actual professional head coach.

Tua played a great game and what a player Tyreke Hill is. What has happened to the once great Ravens defense and another great game from Lamar Jackson that went to waste.

Rams nearly choked and eliminated a ton of survivor players. Falcons while not talented really give a solid effort even when they could have easily quit when down big today.

Niners season is saved though its tough how it happened. Shanahan now doesn't have to be held hostage to a QB that isn't ready and who he supposedly never wanted in the first place.

Bengals are still a good team but that offensive line is going to get Burrow killed. Big win for Dallas but the success can't last with Rush at QB.

Nathaniel Hackett is as incompetent as it gets which is no surprise considering how bad of a coach his father was. I would be surprised if he lasts more than one season.

Kyler Murray put on a show to win that game for Arizona. Tough loss for the Raiders but they can still turn it around.

The Browns season effectively ended today with how they gave away that game. They will never recover and I will look into season under win totals when they become available.

Garrett Wilson is a stud and the Jets finally have some skill position talent at both receiver and running back. I also like Tyler Conklin at TE but the fumbling has to stop.

The Jets offensive line is and will continue to be a problem all year and the defense was terrible all game.

Lions are really a fun team and good to see Dan Campbell have some success.

Saints and Bucs are both tremendous on defense. Todd Bowles obviously learned a lot from his previous head coaching experience by now calling the defense instead of letting his incompetent best friend handle it when they were with the Jets. Dennis Allen can win with that defense but if Jameis isn't considerably better he will destroy their chances.

Matt Rhule won't last the season and Baker has really disappointed.

Knew to take New England when they shockingly were favored at Pittsburgh but didn't. Neither of these teams are anything better than .500 or so. I'm not a fan of Pickett but Trubisky offers no upside so they should make a change relatively soon.

Colts and Ryan are both done and good effort from Lawrence and the Jags. Things are looking up in Jacksonville now that they have an actual professional head coach.

Tua played a great game and what a player Tyreke Hill is. What has happened to the once great Ravens defense and another great game from Lamar Jackson that went to waste.

Rams nearly choked and eliminated a ton of survivor players. Falcons while not talented really give a solid effort even when they could have easily quit when down big today.

Niners season is saved though its tough how it happened. Shanahan now doesn't have to be held hostage to a QB that isn't ready and who he supposedly never wanted in the first place.

Bengals are still a good team but that offensive line is going to get Burrow killed. Big win for Dallas but the success can't last with Rush at QB.

Nathaniel Hackett is as incompetent as it gets which is no surprise considering how bad of a coach his father was. I would be surprised if he lasts more than one season.

Kyler Murray put on a show to win that game for Arizona. Tough loss for the Raiders but they can still turn it around.
Congrats on the big win by your Jets. Maybe Saleh is finally turning things around!?

You know Shanahan is completely relieved that he doesn't have to wait till the season is lost to make the change.

You'd think so - but he called two QB read option plays for Jimmy G. WTF is that? In a 13+ point game.

But, yes, he's happy he has an accurate playcaller who can make the intermediate throws required to open up the offense.

Packers are fine. The 30 million for Adams is well spent elsewhere. Can’t have 80 million tied up over 2 guys

It had to unfortunately happen like this but the 9ers should now be the NFC favorites with a healthy Jimmy starting.
Seahawks blow but wow

I mean…honestly it’s the best thing for 49ers and likely everyone knew it

It’s an odd situation I get it, but this team can win and they chose the lesser talent

I’m saying this as Red Rocket rode the pine all day……it’s weird weird not having Allen, Mahomes etc

You'd think so - but he called two QB read option plays for Jimmy G. WTF is that? In a 13+ point game.

But, yes, he's happy he has an accurate playcaller who can make the intermediate throws required to open up the offense.
The guy wins games. I’d love to know the whole story.

He’s not Tannehill. When he’s healthy he can beat anyone it’s a fact. So bizarre, because I feel like he only works in that situation

Oh, wait……maybe there is another one just like it where I live with better offensive weapons that he would win a SB with….hmmm

Parity, parity and then some.
Bills & KC look a notch above and then it’s everyone else.
Just look at Shanahan’s approach with Lance vs Garoppolo and tell me Shanahan has an ounce of confidence in the bust D1AA QB he ignorantly mortgaged the future for?
I saw this week as more of the same. Shit teams gave false hope by beating average teams and the better teams in the league found a way to win.
Teasing the NFL this yr is the way to go.

Not sure I would call Lance a "bust" when he is a D1AA QB and barely has any starts under his belt.

That being said, as a 49ers fan I feel better about THIS season with Jimmy at the helm. We have the weapons and defense to beat anyone.

Not sure I would call Lance a "bust" when he is a D1AA QB and barely has any starts under his belt.

That being said, as a 49ers fan I feel better about THIS season with Jimmy at the helm. We have the weapons and defense to beat anyone.

This could help both Lance and Kyle in the long term. They even have an excuse to let him be the backup next season if they can work something out with GQ to come back. Lance needs reps but he also needs to learn the system and Kyle needs to learn how to call the game for him.

You're spot on for this season - the team knows it's SB or bust at this point with a defense that hasn't allowed a score unless the drive was extended on a 3rd down roughing penalty.

I learned you don't get to watch much football when chasing grandkids around the house.

Cowboys D has limited Brady and Burrow to one TD each in two games. If Parsons and Lawrence can stay healthy this team will be competitive in a lot of games and Micah will be DPOY. Giants on tap for MNF in a game that suddenly has some juice. Giants are basically vintage Barkley plus hot garbage, but somehow its working for them.

Bengals OL has faced Watt and Parsons in consecutive weeks. Next week is the Jets. I think they'll get right.

Jets were at their own 34 with 1:40 left on a running clock and no timeouts left, down 13......and they won the game. Cade York, 4th round hero last week, missed the PAT on the Browns last TD that put them up 2 scores with 2 minutes left. You ever see a kicker miss a PAT in the first half and think "that could come back to haunt them"? I guarantee no one said that when York missed his PAT.

The Jets offensive skill set, minus QB, looks like they can be a top 5 unit. I'm talking 2 RBs, 3 WRs and TE. Only teams that compare right now are Bills, Bengals, Jax (shockingly), Chiefs, Vikings, Saints, Bucs, and those pesky Commanders.

Lions and Commanders look like they'll be playing in a lot of entertaining games this year. Dotson was looking like a sneaky ROY candidate but the rookie WRs showed up in a big way this week. London, Wilson, Olave and Dotson were all strong. Burks gets the spotlight tonight. Watson got some run on Sunday night. And Jalen Tolbert can't get off the bench. Dammit Jerruh!

Pickens also had a 2nd straight quiet game. The fans weren't quiet though, as the Pickett chants started in the 3rd quarter. Tomlin claimed today that he didn't hear them lol. If Mitch doesn't get it done at Cleveland then a change could be in the offing for Week 4. Their problems run much deeper than QB though. I'm always wary of offenses that make their yards along the sidelines. Mac Jones showed on Sunday how good you can look hitting crossers over the middle time after time. Mitch doesn't have the accuracy to nail out pattern after out pattern like Peyton Manning. Their run game still stinks and their run D was gouged at 5 yards per carry, culminating in a 12 run/1 pass 6 1/2 minute drive by the Pats to close out the game.

Tampa is grinding out wins with great D and just enough from Brady. The matchup against the Pack next week should be a beauty. Green Bay had nothing that a little Bear time couldn't cure. Jones has been the best Aaron on the Pack for a couple of seasons now hasn't he?

Baltimore wasted another vintage Lamar yesterday, not sure what happened there other than Tyreek and Waddle are one scary good duo. Can't count them out of any game.

And what the hell happened to Indy?!?! Seems like Jacksonville is always a house of horrors for them.

I see Hackett still hasn't gotten a replay/situational assistant coach yet. Imagine passing up a 54 yards FG at 5280 feet the week after trying to kick a 64 yarder at sea level. Someone get this guy a physics tutor!

Next week you have to start figuring out who's worth trusting and who's going to be up and down for the foreseeable future.

This could help both Lance and Kyle in the long term. They even have an excuse to let him be the backup next season if they can work something out with GQ to come back. Lance needs reps but he also needs to learn the system and Kyle needs to learn how to call the game for him.

You're spot on for this season - the team knows it's SB or bust at this point with a defense that hasn't allowed a score unless the drive was extended on a 3rd down roughing penalty.
With the way the Niners have treated him Jimmy has to want out if he has a big season and has other interested teams.

Jameis doing jameis things.

If Kingsbury wants to save his job he should have plays vacant of the offensive backfield. Just let Kyler run around and figure it out. I swear he can't pass standing in the pocket.
THe other option would be to call a pass play and whisper to half the OLIne to not block.

Detroit and Cincy are good 2nd half plays. Books know it, but they still surpass it.
Dallas likes to disappear offensively in the 2nd half. It sucks to win despite fat mac.

Jameis doing jameis things.

If Kingsbury wants to save his job he should have plays vacant of the offensive backfield. Just let Kyler run around and figure it out. I swear he can't pass standing in the pocket.
THe other option would be to call a pass play and whisper to half the OLIne to not block.

Detroit and Cincy are good 2nd half plays. Books know it, but they still surpass it.
Dallas likes to disappear offensively in the 2nd half. It sucks to win despite fat mac.
Think we just extended Kliff for 6 years or so. Easy to do when he's the OC too, one less inflated salary to deal with.

People overlook how the team has improved yearly since he's been here...it's a laundry list of bitching but he's still banging Miss Poland.

Did anyone check on @Joe Public today?

Just heard a stat - 2229 consecutive times a team has led by 13+ in the final two minutes and won. The last time it happened was 2001, when the Bears scored two TDs in the last 28 seconds to tie and eventually win in OT.

Their opponent that day............the Cleveland Browns!

Denver might be the worst coached teams I’ve ever seen. Not even exaggerating, I’ve seen pop Warner teams more prepared. Holy crap

Coming on the heels of Hackett's smugness over not playing most of his starters in any preseason game...it all is just horrible optics.

It isn't just his horrible situational awareness through two games...his play calling (not just the FG choices) is reprehensible. The dude has no right calling plays right now. Way, way, way over his skis.

With the way the Niners have treated him Jimmy has to want out if he has a big season and has other interested teams.

For some reason there’s not a lot of demand for Jimmy. He had a pretty solid year last year and no one came calling. He likes the Bay and delayed his surgery to hamper teams from trading for him.

I don’t think he will get a 150 million dollar deal even if he wins the SB from another team.

For some reason there’s not a lot of demand for Jimmy. He had a pretty solid year last year and no one came calling. He likes the Bay and delayed his surgery to hamper teams from trading for him.

I don’t think he will get a 150 million dollar deal even if he wins the SB from another team.
He would kill it as a nightclub promoter in Vegas

After last weekend, woulda liked to see him with Saints offensive toys.

Back