Week 2 plays and thoughts

M.W.

Parties like it's 1979
Had a great week one (increased bankroll by 170%) that would have been a lot better if Bama had stayed under the total. Thank you to whoever posted the thread about how to use your free plays. I won quite a bit on parlays of my free play bankroll at one book.

Plays:

MTSU +5.5
UK +17 (-115)
Ohio State -28.5
Miami -24.5
VPI +10.5/11.5
Syr +15
Wofford +40.5
Charleston Southern +36.5 (I bet this before I knew of the major CSU injuries -- and the 30 suspensions!)
Ark +7.5
S Caro +6.5
Stony Brook +24.5

Will play:

WSU
WSU/Boise over
UTSA
Purdue
Clem 1H
Clem 1H team over
Bay/SMU 1H over
Bay 1H team over
E Mich

Looks:

C Mich
WKU
UNLV
ODU
Ark/TCU over
UL/Syr over
SMU 2H
Illinois St
Akron
Pitt/Penn St under
Rice
Utah St
Utah St 1Q
WVU/YSU over
Bay 1H
Nev
UVA
Ga Southern
Conn
Okla
UTEP
UNLV
UNM
Ark St
Idaho

Last edited:
Nothing. It's a situational play, although I can stretch the PRs enough (post-Dak) to make it playable.

Now looking at Ark/TCU over thanks to CrimsonK's thoughts in another thread.

Any separation on size of bets or mostly flat betting?

It's very flexible. To make a decent profit I have to keep my money in play. I churn the bankroll several times over each weekend. I do make some early bets, but for Kelly-ish reasons I have to wait till kickoff to make the ultimate decision regarding bet size. Of course, I like some plays better than others, and I would expect that these plays will wind up as my biggest wagers.

Thanks, Press. I think of Press Maravich every time I see your handle. Did "Press" come from his first name (Petar), or was it a basketball nickname?

I am just saying, if you are grabbing the points.....I think Middle has a chance at the outright too

I am just saying, if you are grabbing the points.....I think Middle has a chance at the outright too

Got you. Sorry. Yeah, I put them in some ML-dog parlays just for fun, but it would be so easy for this one to land on 3 or 4. Four of their 6 wins under Mason have been by 4 or less, and I think those points add a lot of value to the bet.

Really just an anticipated bounceback from a loss in a lookahead spot. Also, still bearish on Mizzou, UF, and UT in the East.

Best wishes, M W. Good looking card. I'm taking a hard look at Stony and Wofford.

Well -- a big loser on the Cuse tonight, and I have to say that this Cuse team is at least 3 TDs worse than the Cuse team that played LSU and Clemson last year with Mahoney at QB. Does the team hate Dungey? I have no idea why they would, but I have no other explanation for the pitiful lack of effort. Any other thoughts?

mr. m.w. with alabama coming up next for ole miss, wofford does look like a reasonable play.

I like Stony, and while Temple disappointed last week against what I think was underrated Army, this is a step up in class for S B.
I believe they schedule one FBS team a year. Last year the game with Toledo was cancelled. Prior to - lost to U Conn 16-19 (covered) and in 2013 Buffalo (covered) lost by 3 in 5 OT. So I can see reason for betting on them
Thanks for asking. I may have talked myself into both

GL

Congratulate me on waiting to get a bad line.

I'm playing Purdue +3 +105 this morning.

Clemson 1H -21 and TT over 27.5
Stony Brook +24

Very nice selection with Wofford.
On the Stony game, I should have placed more weight on the fact that Temple lost a week ago.
And (hindsight) after Army's win today, it makes Temple look a little better.
bull

Back